Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This product is EVERYWHERE all over YouTube, so having my terrible dark under eye area of course I had to try it. I got it in the Light shade which better matches my skin tone.
The coverage is VERY light. It actually surprised me how much I have to pack on my skin for it to have any decent amount of coverage. I have dark under eye area with visible green veins. But I do understand all the hype, because the formula is amazing. I could layer it and it always looks and feels smooth on my skin. Not cakey or powdery.
But setting it with a powder is necessary for lasting power, because on its own it will melt on a hot summer day. For some reason this product irritated my eye area, it felt like it was burning my skin.
The quantity for the price ($10) is kind of expensive compared to my favorite Tony Moly concealers that only cost me $4 on EBay. I kind of regret getting this to be honest.

on 3/23/2015 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pros:
+ Buildable ( medium cover after 2 or 3 coats )
+ Easy to blend
+ Cover dark circles well ( like what it claimed )
+ Does not break out

Cons:
+ Not really long-lasting
+ Cakey after long hours

on 3/17/2015 11:13:00 PM

AMAZING product. covers well, doesn't crease, has a beautiful natural finish and my only complaint is that the spongy applicator can't be very sanitary, so definitely have to be careful avoiding any breakouts with this.

on 3/10/2015 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I like this stuff, it has decent coverage, blends easily, and is cheap. I am very fair (I use NW15 shade for concealer in Mac to brighten my under eyes) and got the "light" shade and it was slightly darker than the color of my skin tone. If you are fair and are wanting to use this for your under eyes get the "brightener" shade. I am not a fan of the packaging, the little sponge tip is weird and is probably a breeding ground for bacteria.

on 3/10/2015 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this concealer. I am a NC25 and I use this in the shade Light. Love the consistency, easy to blend and it does cover my dark eye circles. I am on my second one now. A must try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love my age rewind, must have it on my face every time i wear makeup. easy to use, easy to blend and coverage is amazing.

on 2/28/2015 4:05:00 AM

I used this concealer for about 2 years, ever since the hype about it popped up in the youtube world of beauty things. I use this almost daily, and I did try to go without it but I couldn't last more than a week without repurchasing.

I used to think it was drying under my eyes, but with proper moisturizing it solved that problem. This concealer works SO BEAUTIFULLY as a highlighter (under eyes, forehead, nose, etc) and it blends so well into my skin. The shade in Neutralizer (light with yellow undertones) is the most perfect highlighting shade for me on the high points of my face. I have backups of this product now, and repurchased about 6 so far!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this product after my cousin recommended it to me many, many times. I noticed that it was always in her makeup bag, and she was constantly raving about it. By the time I got around to buying it for myself, I was very excited to try it out. I bought it hoping to use it as an under-eye concealer/highlighter. I'm still new to concealing/highlighting/contouring properly, since it's never been a large part of my makeup routine. So the first thing I noticed was the sponge tip applicator. Now I'm not as acne-prone as I was 10 years ago, when I was 16 years old, but it worried me that not being able to clean the applicator would cause some breakouts. Fortunately, I've been using it for a few months now and haven't had any breakouts I'd attribute to this product. What I like about this is that it's decent as a highlighter on my nose, chin, between my brows, and around my mouth. I recently purchased the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit, and I find that the highlighter in that kit boosts the highlighting effect of the Age Rewind Eraser, but like I said, it's a decent enough highlighter on it's own. I'm not too sure about the under eye area. Granted, I don't have super dark/purple toned under eye circles, but I was hoping this would brighten up the area more than it actually does. The good thing is that it doesn't crease, and it goes on pretty smoothly. I'll still continue looking for my go-to under eye concealer/highlighter, but this will work for now.

on 2/27/2015 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Does what it says, best under eye concealer!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know. Everyone seems to love this. It covers fine, I'm just not crazy about the finish. The search for the perfect under eye concealer continues.

Video Reviews & Tutorials