November 27, 2014 | 1347 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by liorak

This barely covers my dark circles, yet it is a dark circle cooncealer... so right off the bat it doesn't do what it claims. It is drugstore so I guess I shouldn't have been shocked. The only think I liked is that the concealer could spead well, however the spunge area is very unhygienic! Maybe the brightening one would be better for my needs, but I wanted it for concealer puropses too... If you was a fuller coverage concealer, this is not for you. Does not cover. If you apply your concealer/corrector underneath, on top the brightening one would probably be decent. But I shouldnd't have to have a bunch of different concealers just to cover up dark circls and brighten, I want an all in one!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by emily730

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Perfect for brightening under the eye.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 8:28:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

I purchased this in Neutralizer and Brightener as part of my quest to properly conceal my under eye dark circles which, during my research, has exposed me to the concepts of color correcting, brightening and highlighting in addition to just plain ole concealing. Whoda thunk this was such a complicated science??

Finding a concealer that does all this has been challenging to say the least and I'm finding out probably doesn't exist in this reality, but I keep trying...Most conceal OR brighten OR color correct and many end up fading away OR creasing into my fine lines...

I'll start w/ the Neutralizer. This does an OK job of concealing my circles, but it does end up creasing unless I set w/ powder which in and of itself is a whole 'nother job because too little powder = not enough setting power and too much = dreaded cakiness. So that bugs me. It does spread nicely and is easily buildable (again, not too much or I end up looking 90 years old due to cakiness). It doesn't fully conceal my circles

The highlighter = again, I have to be careful for the above reasons and if I do put on top of whatever concealer I'm test driving at the time, I have to be extra careful not to disturb the layer of concealer already applied. I have, however, found a lovely alternative use = I dot along the top of my cheekbones after applying blush and center of forehead for a lovely subtle highlighting look. I will lightly dot under eyes and in corner of eyes and that works, again as long as I'm super careful w/ the application.

Long and short = I'll end up using all the Highlighter and will probably end up swapping away the Neutralizer.

I gave this product a 4 since the Neutralizer = 3 and the highlighter = 5...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by phoenix211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Honestly, this is the worst product I've ever used in terms of color. I got the darkest shade and it looked completely white on me so I definitely would not recommend it to people with darker skin. I have no idea what I was thinking when I bought this but while in the bottle it looked fairly close to my foundation shade. It looked beyond ashy and awful on my skin though so I'm actually pretty angry that I bought this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by aquaris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this concealer for under eyes! My favourite thing about it is how light-textured it is. This is a really fluid formula, and the sponge tip applicator is pretty cool and prevents you from applying too much. It's quite moisturizing and doesn't crease or dry my skin out.
This won't cover major dark circles or bags, but it does offer some coverage for more minor issues and has a great formula for a good price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

This is my go-to under eye concealer. I have pretty dark under eye circles and this takes care of them! I don't like the sponge top (it would be better as a brush, like the Maybelline Dream Lumi), but at least it means I don't end up with too much product. The formula is great but I wish they'd change the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my 2nd time buying this product, and honestly idk why I strayed away from it. I remember my last one, the tp broke, which was annoying, bur other than that I have nothing but great things to say. Does not crease, covers well. I like that I can just run it under my eyes and buff out without getting too much product. The spongey applicator is soft and fun, alspo it looks nice when im not wearing foundation which is a HUGE plus, I hate the look of having makeup on when im just having a lazy day. Overall this is great. Im an nc15-20 and light works great whithout being tooo light. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

As undereye concealers go, I like this product. I have light-medium Southeast Asian coloring with faint blue-gray tones in the thin skin under my eyes, so maybe the Neutralizer color mentioned in other reviews sounds like it might have been more appropriate for me, but only the Light option was available at my local Ulta. Light does lighten up the area slightly, but I think the color may not be ideal for me as it looks a bit cool and dull. It works great in a pinch as a general concealer for my acne spots, though!

The formula is thin and blends easily by tapping in with your ring finger. It seems to be a bit sheer, although that could be because I apply just a tiny amount of product. The first time I opened the package, I twisted the cap, according to instructions, until I saw the product appear on the sponge tip applicator. Well, by the time the product appeared on the sponge tip application, it was saturated with concealer, and it went on like a coat of paint!

This color will do in the meantime, but I'll keep looking for the Neutralizer option I've seen so many others rave about.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bleh, I don't like this - what's the hype all about?! Retailing at £7.99 in the UK it's more of a 'high end drugstore' purchase, so I was really hoping it would work out for me as I'm on a tight budget! I'm NW20 in MAC so I picked this up in the 'Light' shade, which was the lightest out of the three available.

The packaging is a little difficult to activate at first, but I eventually figured it out. First I tried applying it directly onto my undereye area. The sponge felt rough on my sensitive under-eye area, so I tried applying onto the back of my hand and using my fingers instead. I was disappointed that the product itself is far too sheer and yellow-toned to cover even my minimal dark circles - my cheaper Collection concealer works so much better. It didn't even work to neutralise them - it looked obviously yellow under my eyes and didn't blend well at all.

Shame this product wasn't all I'd wanted it to be! I'll stick with what I have for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by kristin_dee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a great under eye concealer for a long time. I've tried MAC, Cle de Peau, YSL and Estée Lauder with no luck. I can't believe out of all these products that this is my HG of concealers. The color I use is neutralizer. Just to give you a little background I have olive with yellow undertone skin. My under eye circles are present but not extreme.
With this product, a little goes a long way. Any more and it will sink into your creases like any concealer. It also dries fast. The best application method for this product is the Beauty Blender.
Great product and very inexpensive ($9.96 at walmart and superstore in Canada). Would buy again!