Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

4.4

on 3/21/2013 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

NOTE: The only reason I won't be repurchasing is because I seldom wear makeup and I've already bought three different Lip Butters. I've compared them to the Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks and prefer Maybelline's formula a little bit more, however I do like the shades/colors that the Lip Butters have to offer more so than the Color Whispers.
This is nice if you're just transitioning into wearing lipsticks, but it's definitely not for long-term wear throughout the day. I find myself having to reapply very often, but I do mess with my lips a lot when I know there's something there, so it'll probably be different for someone who's used to wearing makeup. It's not too heavy, but I think it's noticable when you're wearing it, especially if you apply a thick layer. It's not very moisturizing, and in fact I feel like it makes my lips drier after wearing. The price isn't bad for a drug store product, but at about $7 a tube, it's a bit expensive for me because I'm on a budget. This color is a very brown-toned pink, it's neutral and seems to suit a long range of skin tones. I have olive skin and I think it turns out looking a little too brown on me, so it's not my favorite or go-to color when it comes to lipstick, but it's still very nice. I might change my mind about it when I'm able to get some sun, though!

on 3/14/2013 6:15:00 PM

Got this on ebay so it was so reasonable....waiting to see if it changes color on me. So far I am loving it. I've been looking for a dupe for my beloved mac lust lipglass which I have worn for years....this looks pretty close and if it's a wee bit moisturizing thats a huge plus. I'll come back after I've had a chance to experience it for a week or so, but for now I'm loving it.

on 3/13/2013 12:33:00 PM

I normally wouldn't write a review of a product that I'm so blah about. But there are so many great reviews for this that I feel it would be useful to add my views. In my mind, this lipstick is absolutely nothing special. I do NOT understand the hype. The texture is nice (like all of the Revlon lip butters) and I really appreciate that there is no shimmer or glitter. However, the colour is neither here nor there. And I don't mean it's a fabulous neutral - no, I mean that it's kind of pink, kind of brown, but overall kind of blah. It actually reminds me of some of the 1990s brownish lipsticks. It's not hideous, but when I put it on I feel it does nothing to liven up my face. It's just meh. Also, I find that this smears really easily and smudges past my lip lines. For a lip butter (ie a product that's supposed to be easy to wear) I don't think I should have to use lip liner or lip primer to keep this from sliding around.

Honestly, there are MUCH better neutrals out there. I really think this is an overhyped product.

on 3/13/2013 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I decide to give it a try after reading so many good reviews here and I have to say I am glad I did.

The quality of this stays on par with other lip butters I have. What truly stands out is it's color. It is a great MLBB color and I can see myself wearing it everyday.

on 3/7/2013 7:58:00 PM

I love this and all the other lip butters. This turned out to be a great MLBB shade. Right smack between lipstick and lip balm.
The Revlon Lip Butters are. Perfect marriage.

on 3/7/2013 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is most certainly my favourite lip butter, the texture on the lips is wonderful, not too slippery and not drying at all. The colour is a very easy to wear MLBB shade and is suitable for any eye look. And the packaging is adorable to boot! Do not under estimate the versatility of a great MLBB shade to have in your collection!

on 3/6/2013 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing color and an amazing lip butter. It has such a smooth and soft application and it has a creamy finish, not shiny or glassy. I have other revlon lip butters in other colors, but this one looks best on me. I have medium skin, very dark brown hair and very dark eyes, overall dark features. I have very pigmented lips to begin with, so this comes out as a sort of dusty, mute pink on me, not at all peach like the others have written. I feel that the name description fits very well, its a bit of a browned pink. I've been looking forever for a color like this, very natural! I highly recommend.

on 2/27/2013 10:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love love love this product. I wear it almost every day. I'm a pale red head without much pigment to my lips, so I feel naked and washed out without a bit of color. This stuff gives me a perfect rosey nude pout, slightly shiny and shimmery. I love the creamy texture too. Not a huge fan of the packaging as mentioned in my review for tutti frutti, but other than that this product is perfection. I bet this shade would look good on most everybody.

on 2/25/2013 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Where is the pink in Pink Truffle? I was so excited to try it but when I saw the tube the color scared me a little. I still decided to buy it and when I put it on, wow, I had a nice peachy orange-ish color! I do tend to pull peach/orange in alot of lipsticks so I should have known by the tube that this would too. Just couldn't find any pink whatsoever. I also found it to be creamy when first applied but dries up my lips big time. I'll keep it in case I need it for some outfit but I won't repurchase.

on 2/17/2013 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love it. That's what I've been looking for for literally years. The perfect nude, not corpse-like, not too pink, not too peachy, not too brown. Perfect.
And creamy, not drying.
If you want a long wearing lipstick, that might not be for you, but that's not what I'm necessarily looking for.
But for its creaminess, I'm quite surprised how long wearing it is. Of course it's not going to last hours and hours, but as long as you don't drink or eat anything, it will stay on.
I can absolutely recommend this product, but colorwise, because on me it's a nude, it won't work for everyone, obviously. :)

Popular Lipsticks