October 23, 2014 | 1316 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by agentnikki

I know everyone keeps saying great things about this eyeliner, but it did not work AT ALL for me.
I have very oily eyelids, so as soon as I blinked, this would smudge and give me panda eyes, no joke. it would last 1-2hours max without smudging!
Although I have to say, the color pigmentation and the way it applies is beautiful, if you do not have oily eyelids, this would be a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by frostbites

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you like gel eyeliner, buy this. If you'd like to try gel eyeliner, buy this. If you like versatile products with unbeatable value for money...yeah. This. Buy it.
A very cheap yet quality product which will last without drying out as long as you remember to close the lid on the pot properly.
I have it in black (Midnight in Paris) and the sadly discontinued grayish, seal brown (London Baby).
The latter is a peculiar color between dark shimmery taupe and brown which is excellent for eyebrows as well!
It looks very natural on ashy brunette eyebrows!

So glad I tried this affordable wonder before going for pricier alternatives!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by andraealynne

One of the best lines I've used! Goes on cleanly with a brush and is totally opaque, easy to work with and is a consistent texture. Wear is fantastic. HG product for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by MakeupKidd09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG, this has to be the BEST liner and the price is unbeatable. I use to be a MAC Fluidline holic, but was turned on to Essence by my bestie. The pigmentation on this liner is AAAmazing, when they say black they mean BLACK, so dark and gives you that sultry come hither look. Plus at only $3.99 its definitely worth purchasing over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Freedom3033

This is absolutely my favourite. I usually use urban decay 24/7 eyeliner pencils, but this is a good alternative. I have both the silver and dark purple, both are fabulous colours for Asians. I'm prob light-medium skin-tone, and the silver colour is extremely flattering, and it's great if you want to define your eyes and yet at the same time, don't want it to be that harsh like black. Brown is meh, silver is great! :) I'm single eye-lid, slightly hooded. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by missdiordior

This is such a great eyeliner gel! It doesn't smuge at all, lasts very long and gives a nice finish.
I will definitely repurchase,though this bottle takes quite a while to finish!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by MoniSams17

Because of all the lovely reviews on MUA I decided to buy this product today (along with the cute brush)... I am absolutely 100% satisfied with this purchase. Once I got home I had to try it out immediately and I found that it's very "sensitive" for lack of a better term, but not in a bad way. What I mean is that you don't really need to push hard or rub the brush into the liner to pick up the color. One soft touch and it's on.
It's so much easier to apply than liquid eyeliners, which I've been working on mastering for a good 3 years -_-. With Essence's gel liner I somewhat mastered it the first time I tried it, giving it even more brownie points from me.
Now let's talk about the product itself: It is such a rich, matte black that only takes one swipe on the eye to make an opaque black line, which is awesome. It's waterproof (I actually didn't know that until after I put it on. I wondered why it took a good scrubbing to get it off and then I actually read the container. I honestly that it was just gel magic at first.) Lastly, it's long lasting. With other liquid eyeliners when I would wing it out, the wing would fade within an hour or more (I have watery eyes), but with this the wing stays for hours on end, until you take it off basically.
I will definitely be repurchasing and since it's cheap that makes it even more easier to. I'm quite positive that Essence eyeliners will be the only ones I buy for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Black as can be. Creamy, smudge proof, water proof beautiful. This is one gel liner that blows absolutely every single one I have tried out of the water. It's dirt cheap too. There's not much to say about it except. GO BUY it!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by herroline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why? Why on earth does a company discontinue hg products? I really love this eyeliner and i used mac, bobbi brown etc.. this was the best. I am so sorry to hear this will be discontinued. I couldn't have a chance to buy backups :(

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by waasp

I've been using this for around two months now and the formula is great as ever, it hasn't dried out or anything and there's still heaps left. I have really oily eyelids, like y'all don't even know, so of course this doesn't stay on for me all day, not even with the too faced eye shadow primer. It's wet so I have to set it with eyeshadow or powder before and after I apply it but overall for the price and compared to other products that are triple it's price, it performs better in my opinion. So don't expect miracles if you have really oily eyelids (like me) and it'll start smudging around the third hour mark and give you panda eyes on a really hot Australian day but it's wearable on an every day basis.