July 24, 2014 | 1780 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by 2012makeuplover

Great foundation for winter! A bit too heavy for summer day time, might work during summer evenings.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by coldnorth53

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this foundation! I've had very dry, sensitive skin with ezcema my whole life, and some products will cause itching and rash. I ordered this after seeing the Pixiwoo girls reccomending it for dry skin. It feels very light on my face. I hate that tight feeling I get when wearing foundation, but this does not have that feeling. I don't get much of a dewey look, but I think it's because my skin is so dry and I live in a very dry climate as well. I will have to see how this holds up in the high humidity when I travel this summer.
Overall this is a good foundation for me. The colour I have is a little dark on me (30 Cendre) , but I just bring it down my neck. Revlon Colourstay in Sand beige is perhaps a better match. My teenage daughter loves Vitalumiere on me and says I look like I"m in my 20's! I don't know about that, and I probably will try other foundations, but I will re-purchase this one when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I shelled out for a HE foundation... this cost the equivalent of $86 USD in Australia. VERY EXPENSIVE!!

I am disappointed. I have colour 30 Cendre, which was recommended to me by the Chanel SA... but it is way too dark. It goes on very yellowy/orangey and then oxidises to an even darker shade of orange.

Further... no foundation, in the history of all my foundations (I have about 40!) has made me SO OILY. I mean, I put it on, I look orange but flawless for about 15 mins, and then literally, as it gets comfortable on my skin, the flawless look vanishes, and BAM... OIL SLICK.

I do have oily skin, but it's not the most shocking oily skin ever. And it's winter... I don't normally have such oily skin in Winter... but this makes my skin worse than i've ever had in Summer. When I wash it off, my face feels like it has a coat of oil on it.

No amount of powdering offsets this?! I powder... 5 mins later, OIL. I powder again... 5 mins later, OIL.

The only way I managed to make this work is mix it with a paler, less oily foundation. I don't feel that for $86 I should have to mix this with ANYTHING to make it 'work'. It should just 'work'.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by asiyah0408

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this foundation, and I actually do! My dry skin adores vitalumiere as it is extremely nourishing!
But the coverage is extremely sheer, girls with faded acne and blemish marks, please try the pro-lumiere!
I currently still suffer from breakouts, especially around my chin, therefore i need a foundation with heavier coverage in order to hide everything!
This foundation is buildable, however it had the tendency of looking more 'fake'
I feel Chanel is a brand every girl needs to try once in her life, hopefully you may never look back!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by ChocoCat26

I've been using Vitalumière for 4 months now after watching the pixiwoo girls (love their tutorials, check them out on youtube!) rave about this foundation again and again. They were quite right: the best foundation I ever tried. Used Mat Lumière before - still like it but Vitalumière is even better: offers light coverage, is easy to blend and can be applied with fingers, sponge or makeup-brush equally well. The finish is natural, almost airbrushed, like your skin - just a little bit better. Does not break me out (many makeups do), does not dry out my skin and leaves me looking done but not dolled up. Can be a bit shiny, so if you prefer a more mat look you would have to use powder over it. Comes in a glass jar (not very practical). The colour range is not overwhelming but their lightest shade is a pretty good match for a pale Middle-European girl like me. As it's quite expensive (approx. 42 Euros) I woud get a sample before buying it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by brielouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This wasn't a great foundation on me - it gave awful coverage, and slid off immediately, and usually I worship a lot of the Chanel products. However, I can see that this would be a lovely foundation on somebody older, perhaps middle age + who's skin is beginning to dry out and show the effects of aging. It is very moisturising, maybe a bit oily, but it would finish naturally on somebody with dry skin with light-medium coverage - not slide off like it did to me. I can see how it would look dewy and youthful, but that isn't the type of foundation I need. I wouldn't say it's a terrible product at all, the Chanel counter just didn't recommend this well for me. It's suited to a certain age, and I can see it being a great product for them. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by beeps81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this foundation! Makes skin look young and dewy. Sets great with a little powder dusted over the top. Expensive, but you don't need to use a lot of product, as a little goes a long way. A bottle lasts me about 6 months with everyday use.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by AmyNicola

I bought this foundation a while ago as I had been using Benefit playsticks for years but when I put it on I can honestly say I have never disliked something so much. I asked the lady at the Chanel counter about their foundations as I had wanted to try them out. I told her that I had combination skin and that I needed full coverage. It turned out to be the completly wrong foundation for me. Even when used with primer and a setting powder I couldn't get the product to build and then stay on any longer than an hour. Frankly it's embarassing how quickly it comes off.

Even though I didn't like it at first I decided I would make an effort to get to like it however having worn it for about 2 weeks my mum eventually told me to give up as it looked horrible! It's a horrible colour on my skin even though the make up assistant supposedly matched me up, the texture is an awful dewy one which feels greasy the minute it's applied and it is definitely not a buildable coverage!

Never ever again would I buy this foundation. It's expensive and in my opinion you could easily spend £5 and find something far better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Definitely the most natural finish I've ever achieved from any foundation. It was moisturising but not too moisturising that it felt greasy, it didn't cling to my dry spots, it evened out my skin without looking cakey. This foundation is absolutely wonderful. Of course, it didn't last very long but I didn't use a primer or a setting powder and longevity isn't a big deal for me. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. Totally HG if your skin type is dry to very dry. I haven't seen how bad this looks on oily skins so I can't say that it slips and makes people look like a grease ball.

I honestly don't understand why oily women go for this foundation and butcher its reputation. I wish I could have tried the old formulation because although it is moisturising enough, I would like it to be a tad bit more moisturising.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by crabbyhascrabs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

My all time favourite foundation. Feels very light and comfortable on the skin. I have dry flaky skin on my nose and sometimes get dry patches elsewhere on my face and I don't believe any foundation is going to solve this so I recommend exfoliating (I use No7 Total Renewal Micro-Dermabrasion Exfoliator 3 times a week and Clinique Clarifying Lotion Mild daily) and using a very hydrating moisturiser. This foundation does not sit on top of the dry patches and make them look worse it makes them look unnoticeable.
It is a sheer to medium coverage and is not buildable, I can still see my freckles through it.
Its great for photography as there is no flashback and the colour looks the same when using a flash, a lot of other foundations especially with an SPF can make you look ghostly in photos.
I find the satin and dewy finish to be perfect on my skin without setting powder but if you have normal or combination skin you will probably need some.

Overall great for people with dry skin who don't need much coverage.