April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by delicious_dish

I have this in Wild Watermelon and I love it. Glides on like lipbalm, even color distribution, feels moisturizing and soft. The color is fresh and bright and really flattering in my super pale skin. Once the actual butter wears off, it leaves behind a really nice even stain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

The formula is super rich and just slides on your lips, like lip balm. I love the moisturizing effect! I originally wasn't as taken by these lipsticks. But they grew on me along with moisturizing lip crayons. I am now slightly obessed.

However, the colors are inconsistent. This means that they don't exactly match the swatches online and tend to show up differently on skin tones. For pale skinned girls, I don't think that you will have a problem with color pay off. I got this in Creme Brulee, which makes it one of the few taupe lipsticks that I can pull off. I usually apply this lipstick for more of a daytime minimal makeup look. It does leave my lips hydrated, alternative to lip balm.

I would not repurchase this one. But I do want to get another color. Candy Apple is on my list. Oh, and not a fan of the colored and clear plastic packaging. It makes it look cheap. And I wish they gave more of the product in the tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by apinecone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Price: $7.50 (?)
Location: Target

I really don't understand the hype around this product for a number of reasons. I'm giving this product two stars only because I kind of like how they feel on my lips. Other than that, I can say these literally have the worst staying power of any lipstick I have ever tried. If you want an overpriced lip balm, check these out. These are the second worst Revlon products I have ever tried. (Second only to the lip stain that dried out seconds after opening it.)

The bad: Terrible staying power. I can't even take a sip of water without all of the color coming off and leaving me with an ugly lip liner. It bleeds terribly. Even with lip liner, I find that they still bleed and don't last. The color payoff is also very inconsistent. Candy Apple is sort of sheer, but the wine color (can't remember the name) is VERY opaque. I have a another that was even more sheer than Candy Apple though. I like consistancy, so that when I buy a product I can expect the next one to be relatively the same but with a different shade or color. They're also totally overpriced. I own several Revlon lipsticks, and I believe I only paid about $4-5 for each one. These are usually $7-8 at the drugstore and Target though.

The good: It feels nice on the lips, smells alright too.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by kaikaii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 3 of these, and I have mixed feelings about them :p I love how they are so moisturising, and sometimes its good to wear a sheer coat of colour on the lips but also I find the colours a bit inconsistent. Some colours are more pigmented while others are very sheer, almost clear. Also if you do plan on buying any of the butters, do not trust swatches online. The swatch pictures I found online where SO MUCH deeper and more pigmented then the real thing.Also I find the price a bit ridiculous here in AUS they sell for approx $22 each :( I got mine on half price at chemist warehouse yayy. Overall for a sheer glossy look I was happy with 2/3 colour I purchased :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by gingermatcha

I own a few of these. They are great! They are super moisturizing, the color pay-off is beautiful, and the price is reasonable when you catch a sale (I feel like the base price keeps increasing, sadly). Plus, places like CVS will take a return, so low risk!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by kata8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Revlon lip butters. I have three lip butters, every color is beautiful. It moistures a tiny bit but not that much.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by JasmineBloom

I LOVE these! :) So many fun colors, feels so soft on your lips, and doesn't need gloss over it for shine, it already has some! :) Great product, and the Juicy Papaya color is the perfect corally-orangey hue for summer :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by SwingDancer87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the Revlon lip butters! They are moisturizing and so easy to pull off! You can just swipe and go for sheer color, but I really like to build the color for a bold spring look. I currently have Candy Apple, Wild Watermelon, Tutti Frutti, Juicy Papaya, and Sugar Plum. I always have one in my purse. I think they are perfect for any time of day. I recommend all of the non-glittery ones. They are a bit expensive ($7-10) for a drugstore lipstick, but I'm crazy about all the colors. They last about 2 hours on the lips (without eating) before wearing away, but they wear evenly and I don't mind reapplying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by catmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick. It's buildable in terms of color, and excellent in terms of hydration. It wore well, but needs to be reapplied after a meal. My go to color is pink truffle, but I also have tutti frutti and sweet tart for spring/summer.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so conflicted about these Revlon Lip Butters. I currently have three colors: Wild Watermelon, Candy Apple, and Sweet Tart. And I love them all. The colors pack a punch without being too opaque and they're quite moisturizing. They each last about three to four hours on my lips (without eating) and leave a bit of a stain when the initial emollient layer wears off. Wild Watermelon is a bright coral pink and my absolute favorite. Sweet Tarte is a bright cool pink that's utterly fresh and pretty. And Candy Apple is a true candy apple red, leaning slightly warm.

But that's where the love ends. Sadly, each of these lip butters has become seriously messy to use due to poor (albeit cute) packaging. The actual color sticks are so soft that they rub against the inner metal tube and wind up bent and smushed all over the tube, making me lose way more product with each use than I normally would. And after about half dozen uses, I've been left with a lip balm that looks more like used gum. These are soft enough that I think they would be much better in a pot.

Yet another case of a great product ruined by horrible packaging. Because of the abysmal packaging, I won't be buying any more of these lip butters.