October 25, 2014 | 969 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I bought this in Peach Parfait and it is horrible. I'm pretty sad because I love the idea of a lip butter balmy stain type lipstick. but unfortunately the shade I got is just a crunchy, sparkly lipstick. Yuck.
It is so glittery that I find it gritty and crunchy to apply. The colour is awful. I wish they had testers available where I purchased it, I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it was so sparkly.
I will likely try another shade in this lippie, but definitely don't recommend Peach unless you want to look like a 13 year old with dried out glittery pastel lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by SarahLouise1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Packaging is cute.
Makes your lips soft and moisturized. Lovely colors and it tints your lips beautifully. I love raspberry pie, i love bright colors.
Smell is like all lip products.
I never leave the house without wearing one of 6 i own
I wouldn't by the baby pinks or neural colors as it makes my lips crack and not very appealing on the eyes.

highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by jessicatherabbit

I love this lipstick. I got it in cupcake and it is a gorgeous light pink colour which is wearable with almost any makeup. Pros: the feel and look, absolutely ADORE IT. Cons: the whole tube is only about 2/3rds full and it wears off so you need to really a fair bit, I feel like I am going to go through it very quickly. It's not pricey but given the previous con, it's also not great value if you were to use it often. I find myself reapplying almost as much as if it were a lip gloss. Honestly amazing on though its my new favourite lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by iluvmakeup12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product! I am not a big fan of lipstick because it can feel heavy on the lips, and lip glosses can feel too sticky for my liking. These Lip Butters are the perfect lip product for me. They are hydrating, pigmented, and come in tons of shades. I have 9 shades (Peach Parfait, Berry Smoothie, Pink Truffle, Brown Sugar, Cherry Tart, Candy Apple, Red Velvet, Sugar Plum, & Tutti Fruity) and love them all! Some of the Lip Butters have a cream finish (like Pink Truffle), some have glitter (like Berry Smoothie), and Peach Parfait has a lot of glitter (it can feel a little gritty but the color is so pretty I can live with it).

Pros:
-Lots of different shades.
-The packaging has a clear window on top, so you can see the actual color of the Lip Butter.
-Affordable.
-Hydrating.
-Good pigmentation (some of the darker colors leave a nice stain).

Cons:
-Not long wearing.
-Not a lot of product in the tube.
-Melts easily.

Tips:
-Although this product is hydrating, it is not a substitute for a lip balm. I always apply a lip balm before putting on a Lip Butter.
-I noticed the glittery Lip Butters tend to emphasize the lines in my lips, so you might want to keep that in mind.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by soylocita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

After watching a ton of videos on Youtube, reading reviews, and looking at swatches, I felt I simply HAD to buy those. I got two: Peach Parfait and Candy Apple (Tutti Frutti was not available). I could not wait to get home and try them on. Peach Parfait is almost exactly the color of my lips. After a few swipes, all I could see was almost clear gloss with shimmer. The more I put on, the more shimmer was visible, but no real color. So, Peach Parfait was a total failure for me in terms of color pay off, due to its closeness to the color of my own lips. To my mother it goes...

The second one I tried, Candy Apple, is a pretty wearable red, with slightly darker undertones. If you put on only a few coats, it's not very bright. I am a strictly "natural look" person, but I will keep this one, as it is wearable and works for me.

It has to be said, though, that both Peach Parfait and Candy Apple do not last long at all. If you eat or drink, they are gone; if you don't touch anything, they last no longer than a couple of hours. Also, I noticed that Candy Apple bleeds pretty badly.

In terms of the formula: it's great. Its moisturizing and glides on very nicely.

So, after watching all the beauty Youtube-ers and reading rave reviews, I am a bit disappointed (sacrilege, I know). Perhaps I was expecting too much after all the buzz. I will not be repurchasing: I feel that there are better options out there, both in terms of a) lipstick; b) lip balms; and c) tinted lip balms.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This is a review for the Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting.
Given my previous good luck with another Lip Butter in Candy Apple, I decided to go ahead and purchase another one, hopefully in a lighter shade, and this is the one I picked.
I did not have major issues with Sugar Frosting, but it wasn't quite perfect either. Firstly, the color; I did like the color. It looked like a more neutral pink in the tube, and applied on my lips as a very sheer color, which was great. It made my lips look just a hint more pink, and it's a very flattering shade. Although it may look very frosty, it's really not- it didn't make my lips look much lighter than they were.
I love the way that this (and my other Lip Butter) feels on my lips; I don't know if it's truly moisturizing, but it definitely isn't dry! It doesn't dry or crack my lips in any way, and feels like a lip balm. Meanwhile, the color stays on my lips and actually has a bit of a clear sheen to it, which gives my lips a plumping effect. It's very easy to apply; Lip Butters are very soft lip products and never tug, and mine have not dried up yet! They're pretty forgiving about being put on in a rush or if you don't do the most accurate job of putting them on, so that's really nice.
In terms of staying power, I'm 50/50 on this; when you're in warm weather and don't bring anything up to your mouth, the Lip Butter will stay just as pleasant and moisturizing as when you put it on, and it'll stay that way for several hours at a time! However, it's easy to wipe off, and doesn't last through any eating sessions, and cold/windy weather does make it dry on your lips. In my experience, it all depended on the weather. It's not really supposed to be a long wearing product anyway, so I wasn't really expecting a ton in that department.
I bought both my Lip Butters for about $8-9, so that's not a terrible price tag, but it's still a bit more in the pricier range for drugstore. You also do not get a whole lot of product; enough to last for a while, but not the most, either. Overall, I like the Lip Butters that I own, and I recommend these to anyone who is looking for something sheer and wearable and moisturizing! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by bessyleyh18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product. I have Gumdrop, Sweet Tart and Sugar Plum. They give me just the right color and shine I need. About the staying power, well it depends from one person to another. If you talk a lot and drink a lot it stays for up to 4 hours. But if you're like me who just sit around and listen to professors all day, it lasts up to 8 hours max. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by SiteNo8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sheer tints of pretty colours like a lip gloss, but moisturizing like a balm, not sticky. They feel really nice on the lips, not drying. Sheer enough that you can add more without a mirror, lol. Even after the gloss is gone, there is still some colour. I haven't had any colour bleeding with the 5 colours I bought. Peach Parfait and Pink Truffle are my favourites. They're nudes, but prettier. Bought on sale for $4.97 CDN, they were a very good buy.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Iriana74

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I live in Romania and I can't find these anywhere. A few months ago I went to France and there I found and bought my first Revlon Lip Butter, in Pink Truffle.

I expected a lot from this lip product because of its price (16 euros, which means 21 dollars). I like it actually, but I regret paying so much money on it, I don't think it's worth it.
I read that in the US these lip butters only cost around 6$. At this price, I really want to try more shades. But for now, I can't help but be a little bit disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by rere111

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great lip product. I have tried a few shades but always return to my 'pink truffle'. I think I am on my 4th tube of it! It's very moisturizing and the shade isn't too harsh- just the right amount of shine and color!