December 21, 2014 | 1881 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by kristashae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These gave me the worst allergic reaction ever! My lips swelled up huge! This has never happened to me before, I've used many other lip stick brands/lines (Mac, maybelline, Estée Lauder etc) but these colorburst lip butters are the only thing I have started using that is different. These are supposed to be moisturizing but as soon as I put it on (I was trying the berry smoothie shade) my lips started to feel dry and started peeling! I kept reapplying throughout the day though because the color was so nice and I thought it was just my lips. Then I woke up the next morning and my lips had swelled up so huge I looked like Angelina Jolie! I also have the peach parfait color, didn't even show up on my pigmented lips and it also dried my lips out and made them peel. There is also an obscene amount of shimmer in these. I'm not sure what I am allergic to in these lip butters, but I took some Benadryl and the swelling went away within 2 hours, however it still left my lips extremely dry, peeling and cracking. Worst lip stick I've yet to try. I will try to post a picture of what it did to my lips-very painful! Please do not try these if you have sensitive lips AT ALL!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by lissmorleyx

For me these are just perfect. Luxurious moisture for my lips with some gorgeous colours to choose from! I have Sugar Frosting, Sweet Tart and Cotton Candy. The colour pay off is amazing and yes, it may not last long but this is classed as a lip butter which means its meant for moisturising and the colour is just to beautify the product on the lips.
Basically, its a glorified lip balm!
But I love it❤️

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by makeupglitz1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the softness and moisturising feel of these lip butters, however I don't think they last very long lips still dry out throughout the day. They are pretty inexpensive so can afford to reapply whenever needed. The creme brûlée is my personal favourite. The packaging is good with a quilted look to the cover this product would look good on any dressing table <3

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by 6lex10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love Revlon Lip Butters with all my heart!!! Mac lipsticks don't even compare to these babies. They are super moisturizing, very pigmented, and look beautiful on the lips. Mac lipsticks are awful on my lips, they look super nasty due to my lips being quite dry. On the other hand these are relatively inexpensive (half the price of a Mac lipstick), are very moisturizing, provide a good amount of pigmentation, and don't transfer all over my face. The only downside is they loose their sheen after 3 hours or so. One cool thing about this product is if you don't reapply it throughout the day it doesn't just disappear, it lingers on your lips and provides them with an even stain of color. I've tried several shades: Cotton Candy (love this one except it has glitter chunks in it), Creme Brulee (didn't like this one the shade made me look ill), and lastly my favorite Cupcake (beautiful baby pink color with no glitter). I plan on buying a ton more of these, but I would recommend checking online to see if the shade your thinking of purchasing is exactly what you want.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by thechain

I am not a fan of these butters. I have a couple of different shades, but I don't find them to be very moisturizing. When I think of lip butters, I think of products that coat the lips and leave them feeling smooth and soft. I don't find that these Revlon ones do that. The colors are nice, but nothing that doesn't already exist in a "real" lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by tahliarose18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently just bought four of these , in the shades pink lemonade , wild watermelon , sorbet and cupcake. Very moisturising products , however they tend to fade quickly depending on how much product you apply. I have very dry lips and this lip butter does not sink into the cracks on my lips which I love !

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by pinklauren

Only own this in 'Creme Brûlée', absolutely love the shade, consistency and packaging. One of my favourite lip products! Yes the longevity isn't great but I absolutely love smoothing this stuff over my lips so it's a pleasure when I realise it's worn off a bit at work! Honestly one of my top 5 lipsticks, high end quality for a drugstore price. Thank you Revlon!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by BrittanySunshine

I bought this in Peach Parfait and it is horrible. I'm pretty sad because I love the idea of a lip butter balmy stain type lipstick. but unfortunately the shade I got is just a crunchy, sparkly lipstick. Yuck.
It is so glittery that I find it gritty and crunchy to apply. The colour is awful. I wish they had testers available where I purchased it, I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it was so sparkly.
I will likely try another shade in this lippie, but definitely don't recommend Peach unless you want to look like a 13 year old with dried out glittery pastel lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by SarahLouise1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Packaging is cute.
Makes your lips soft and moisturized. Lovely colors and it tints your lips beautifully. I love raspberry pie, i love bright colors.
Smell is like all lip products.
I never leave the house without wearing one of 6 i own
I wouldn't by the baby pinks or neural colors as it makes my lips crack and not very appealing on the eyes.

highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by jessicatherabbit

I love this lipstick. I got it in cupcake and it is a gorgeous light pink colour which is wearable with almost any makeup. Pros: the feel and look, absolutely ADORE IT. Cons: the whole tube is only about 2/3rds full and it wears off so you need to really a fair bit, I feel like I am going to go through it very quickly. It's not pricey but given the previous con, it's also not great value if you were to use it often. I find myself reapplying almost as much as if it were a lip gloss. Honestly amazing on though its my new favourite lipstick!