September 18, 2014 | 1813 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Sheer Blonde Highlighting Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2006 5:20:00 PM More reviews by EyeCatcha

Love Sheer Blonde for platin and champagnerblonde hair makes my hair look and feel light and beautifully light highlighted shining

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by blithebeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in the minority, but I really like this shampoo. I've been using it in conjunction with Sheer Blonde Moisturizing Conditioner and the results have been very shiny, moisturized & managable hair with no brassiness (usually a few weeks after my hair appointment it starts to get brassy). Very impressive results for a drugstore brand especially since I've been using salon products for years. Packaging is cute but one lippie off for the smell, I'm not crazy about it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2006 3:06:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i hated this. i have very high lighted blonde hair, and my high lightes look a little dull after about a week of having them re-done at the hairdressers. someone first bought me this shampoo and the matching conditioner about 2 years ago, and then i thought it was horrible. ive since been using the loreal professional shine blonde range for about a year and it is the BEST EVER at brightening blonde hair!!however, its expensive and when I saw an offer at Boots for buy one get one free on this range i thought why not, maybe they had changed the formula by now?? NO SUCH LUCK. this acted the same it did 2 yrs ago. it makes my blonde hair DULL. not bright-ish blonde but dull shade of yellow. and my hair felt like straw. if u want a brightening shampoo try the loreal professional shine blonde range!!!!!!! it is the best. its expensive but im alternating it now with a pantene one. u will not be disappointed plus it has loads of great reviews on here too!! dont waste ur money on this crap.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2006 2:58:00 PM More reviews by punkfiend

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Reading some of the reviews im thinking wtf? This is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP stuff! Dont expect miracles! This did clean my hair well and made it rather shiny which I assure you is not easy as my hair texture could be mistaken for straw.

Overall this is a good basic shampoo for blonde hair, I would buy it again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2006 2:32:00 AM More reviews by medorose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is cheap but it weighs down your hair. I found that I did not look like the models in the commercials. I would say that it gave my hiar more gold/highlights in it but its not worth the weight that I had to carry around. Also, I think it makes your hair brittle and straw-like.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2006 7:08:00 PM More reviews by prettyelectric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

All aesthetic elements of the JF Sheer Blonde range are sensational - from the sumptously designed commercials, right down to elegance of wording on the products - it oozes the sexy sophistication of a high-end salon: it looks expensive; and it looks as though it seriously has the oomph to really make a difference to your hair. In my experience of this humble product, it's entirely sensationalized. It appears to be the kind of thing that a lot of people want~ paying more money than they usually would (because of hype), and buy into the dream that it will work.

Because this product done absolutely nothing for my locks at all, to skim again over the magic information a second time, it really is almost laughable:

"Brings out glistening blonde highlights and stop and stare shine for maximum blonde impact"
"Refreshes and perfects fair-haired tones to play up your purest, brightest blonde"
~ My hair colour stayed exactly how it was, even after everday use with this shampoo. No such highlights; absolutely no changes here whatsoever.

"Intensifies glistening highlights and amplifies mega-watt shine…without adding or depositing colour"
~ It didn't. However, rather than depositing colour, it did 'deposit' quite a lot of build-up on my scalp. Unpleasant.

"Gently removes dulling build-up and residues that can make blonde look dark and dull"
~ This shampoo added build-up.

"Features natural lemon peel, camomile and sunflower seed extracts"
~ Well... probably. Done nothing for my hair though.

The two lipsticks remain simply for the pretty packing.

continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2006 4:10:00 PM More reviews by jules33faith

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this back when I was really blonde (now I'm red, loves it!) Anyway I bought the shampoo & the conditioner (I love when there's a pair) & I didn't like it. I like my shampoo's create alot of suds (It make's me feel like it's really clean) & this didn't do it for me. I had to shampoo twice to get it to work better. I know it's suppose to be mild but still it didn't feel any better & it did nothing for my fine, straight hair. If I had to choose between John Frieda & Pantene, I would pick Pantene. It felt better for my med light nat blonde hair. I also, tried the TIGI Dumb blonde shampoo & reconstructor(Fancy name for condtioner) which is for red's & brunettes as well. I like it, it's good but it's sented & I noticed a lot of people don't like that but I would still recommed it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2006 1:32:00 PM More reviews by MakeupISart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, I used to use this stuff when my higlights were looking a little dull, this stuff did work to bring out my highlights ( when used daily ) I dont use it anymore, but I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Lenna0013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is (except the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Moisturizing Shampoo) the only thing I ever use. It cleans the hair well, the colour of the highlights I have (I have both baby blonde and chocolate brown ones, so I use the shampoo for dark blonde hair) stays almost intact, if not better (it actually prolongs the life of the colour you put on your hair), and it does not make your hair greasy one bit. I have long hair, lots of hair, but the hairs are rather thin, and this one actually gives my hair volume. However, be sure to use a conditioner, because you'll end up looking pretty nappy-haired (I use J. Frieda Sheer Blonde Volume Conditioner or Highlight Activating Conditioner). Mom loves it too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2006 8:08:00 PM More reviews by sugarmartini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I have highlights and this really makes them brighter. I wanted to get a shampoo that kept them from getting brassy and this is it. I use it with the matching conditioner. Smells great, nice lather.