L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Disodium EDTA, Rayon, Ethylparaben, Nylon-6, Polyvinyl Alcohol, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Silica, Synthetic Wax. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide. (Taken from packaging 05/2011)

on 9/23/2012 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This was disappointing. I like original Voluminous and I thought this would be a bonus with fibres included but I was wrong. No added oomph here! It was messy, clumpy and smelly. I felt like it did nothing for my eyelashes.

on 9/17/2012 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This mascara has a very sticky formula and clumps your lashes. It dries really quickly, so layering is very hard. It also dried very quickly in the package and I ended up throwing it out much earlier than other products.

This is a decent mascara. It lengthens ok, it gets a little too dry, too fast and it can get clumpy and spidery if you're not careful. This gives me my least favorite look out of all the voluminous mascaras, but it's probably the only one I'll keep using as the rest all smudge or flake horribly on me. This one will flake a small amount, after many hours of wear, it's not a big deal to me. The last time I wore this I was asked twice if I was wearing false lashes, and I saw about 10 people total. That is a big thing for me, because my eyelashes are in the worst shape ever. I have a thyroid issue, which causes me to lose hair (lashes and brows included) and it also makes them thin and brittle (eyelash breakage isn't pretty). All that and I still get asked if I'm wearing false lashes? A win for me.

I'm not the biggest fan of the short prickly plastic bristle brush, but it's workable.

on 9/2/2012 4:34:00 PM

I reviewed this a while back and I'm here to say that I'm STILL using this. I have repurchased it several times already and I cannot even tell you how many compliments I get on my lashes. People think I'm wearing fake ones. I guess that's partially because I have really long lashes already but this just makes them that much more full and noticeable. I still love it and I like that it's a bit dry. Some people hate it but I actually hate wet mascaras. They feel too heavy and don't allow the lashes to keep a curl. But omg. This is seriously my all time favorite. Just some foundation, eyebrow powder, and this is all I need. I love it

on 8/31/2012 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this mascara! I *might* even like it more than my usual Voluminous Carbon Black. I don't have any issues with clumping or "spider lashes", and I typically apply 4-6 coats! It lengthens and increases volume and I can barely even detect the fibers. The formula is a bit dry, but I think that helps make it layer-able. I will re-purchase for sure!

on 8/30/2012 12:52:00 AM

I'm surprised by so many negative reviews. I like this mascara. It's a little clumpy if you're not careful, but it's not hard to work around that, just gotta take it slow. It gives my curled lashes great length, volume and flare. The fibers don't stick out or look "spidery" in anyway as far as I can tell, and I am VERY picky with how my lashes look (they need to be perfect every time!). The staying power is decent. I work all day outside in 35 Celsius degree weather and my lashes look pretty good by the end of the day, I didn't even need to put on more before I started my evening job. I did get some flakeys after about 5 hrs or so, but that could be from the extreme heat and my rubbing sweat out of my face all day. Overall I'm happy with this mascara. I do prefer maybelline the falsies mascara, but I thought I would switch it up for a bit, and I don't regret it.

on 8/27/2012 11:20:00 PM

This is my first L'Oreal mascara and I was eager to try it because of the packaging. The gold packaging however, was a bit awkward since it had some weird edges around it. I like that the wand separates my lashes and is not too bulky to use. It was easy for me to get to my inner corner lashes without making a mess on my eyelids. Overall, with a good curl, this mascara lasts on me 10+ hours. It was also very easy to remove. I saw smearing on my lower lash line at first and thought it was the mascara but it was actually just my eyeliner. With no eyeliner and just mascara, the mascara smeared very little on my lower lash line and still kept my curl after 10 hours. I repurchased one more for backup once I'm done with this current tube. Not my HG but definitely one of the best in my book.

on 8/25/2012 1:06:00 PM

So, I read all the reviews and decided to try it. I JUST went to Shoppers Drug Mart, and applied it on. It is AMAZING! If you look at the 8th picture, that's me. It's really easy to apply on, no messes what so ever! I love the packaging, it's really nice and easy. I will for sure keep on buying this mascara. Although it is a bit pricy, I got it for 13.99$, but definitely worth every penny! You should try it, no clumps, and it feels like your not even wearing mascara! Very pleased!

on 8/17/2012 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I adore L'Oreal Voluminous mascaras, and this is no exception. The False Fiber result is pretty spectacular after 2-3 coats. Lots and LOTS of length and volume, but not spiky or clumpy. This is one of my favorite mascaras, hands down.

I will say, this formula does smudge a bit more than the "regular" Voluminous mascara. However, if you are careful to just peek in the mirror and clean up any smudges a couple of times during the day, you can have crazy huge lashes without wearing false lashes. I have tried many mascaras that claim to give you a "false lash" result, and this has been the only one that really impressed me. I liked it much better than their Voluminous Millionize or even the Carbon Black formulae.

on 8/15/2012 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my HG of all mascaras! My mom has worked in the world of cosmetics since I was five years old, so let me tell you, I've tried loooooots of different mascaras from all different companies, incl. Lācome, Lise Watier, Dior, etc. Not only does this mascara add volume, but it also separates my lashes, while making them super long! Every mascara I've ever used use to leave me with raccoon eyes, but THIS ONE DOESN'T!! I use an eyelash curler before applying the mascara, which may aid in lengthening, and I wouldn't recommend using the curler after you've applied it, because the fibers with stick to it and make it clump. But overall, this is my all time favorite mascara, if they discontinue this, I'd probably cry.