L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Ethylene/VA Copolymer, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Disodium EDTA, Rayon, Ethylparaben, Nylon-6, Polyvinyl Alcohol, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Panthenol, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Silica, Synthetic Wax. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide. (Taken from packaging 05/2011)

on 10/11/2012 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have gotten 3 eye infections within 2 weeks of using this, the last sent me to the doctor. The cause??? the fibers in this product

on 10/9/2012 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This makes my very long but fine lashes look like I have 5 spider legs. It also doesn't hold curl real well. It might work for someone with thick lashes. I love the packaging but that doesn't matter to me if the product itself doesn't work.

on 10/4/2012 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this mascara! I bought it in the brown color. I am very fair with brown eyes/blonde hair. I prefer dramatic lashes so this can definitely do that with several coats. People at work always ask me how I get my lashes so long, but I suppose I was blessed with nice lashes. Anyway, I curl my lashes 3-4 times so it will hold a curl, then I apply MAC's Prep & Prime lash primer (2 coats). When the lashes get a bit tacky, then I apply this mascara. Typically I use 4-5 coats and it does not look clumpy or spidery. I always follow the final coat with an eyelash comb so that they are not clumpy. This mascara holds the curl and does not flake one bit. The gold packaging is cute and the brush is long so you can reach pretty much every lash. I like that the formula is not too wet and not too dry. Definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 10/4/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Okay so this mascara is not bad, its actually a great formula. HOWEVER i don't like the brush, hence I will not be buying it again. I prefer softer bristles on the brush, and this one has thick pokey ones. I use mascara for volume not length so this is actually not bad. *Tip: just use a eye brow comb to remove clumps*
this mascara gives really good length too!

I love the packaging its cute

*Replace the brush L'oreal

Update: I think this mascara is so far my HG if the brush was softer I would buy 100 backups. I have reallyyyyy long lashes, and I don't use mascara for length, but for volume. This gives me the thickest looking lashes with length, Tight line your upper waterline and you can only imagine how sexy your eyes will look.

If you need any tips and tricks just mail me =)
ANYTHING MAKEUP or HAIR related I will help =)

After using it for a while here is my takeaway. This stuff is kind of weird I think because it has fibers. It has a sparse dry feel. When I first got it it was great but it seemed to dry out fast and leave me with uneven lashes. When it is new and you work with it using a lot of time and strokes you can get giant lashes. All in all I think that because it is like extensions in a tube it will work well when you layer it with a normal volumizing mascara. I combined this with loreal million lashes and my lashes were huge and beautiful. But when you use it alone it seems to lack something. I think it is good to dramatize a volumizing mascara for a real fake lash effect but when used alone needs a lot of work skill and patience.

on 9/23/2012 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This was disappointing. I like original Voluminous and I thought this would be a bonus with fibres included but I was wrong. No added oomph here! It was messy, clumpy and smelly. I felt like it did nothing for my eyelashes.

on 9/17/2012 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This mascara has a very sticky formula and clumps your lashes. It dries really quickly, so layering is very hard. It also dried very quickly in the package and I ended up throwing it out much earlier than other products.

This is a decent mascara. It lengthens ok, it gets a little too dry, too fast and it can get clumpy and spidery if you're not careful. This gives me my least favorite look out of all the voluminous mascaras, but it's probably the only one I'll keep using as the rest all smudge or flake horribly on me. This one will flake a small amount, after many hours of wear, it's not a big deal to me. The last time I wore this I was asked twice if I was wearing false lashes, and I saw about 10 people total. That is a big thing for me, because my eyelashes are in the worst shape ever. I have a thyroid issue, which causes me to lose hair (lashes and brows included) and it also makes them thin and brittle (eyelash breakage isn't pretty). All that and I still get asked if I'm wearing false lashes? A win for me.

I'm not the biggest fan of the short prickly plastic bristle brush, but it's workable.

on 9/2/2012 4:34:00 PM

I reviewed this a while back and I'm here to say that I'm STILL using this. I have repurchased it several times already and I cannot even tell you how many compliments I get on my lashes. People think I'm wearing fake ones. I guess that's partially because I have really long lashes already but this just makes them that much more full and noticeable. I still love it and I like that it's a bit dry. Some people hate it but I actually hate wet mascaras. They feel too heavy and don't allow the lashes to keep a curl. But omg. This is seriously my all time favorite. Just some foundation, eyebrow powder, and this is all I need. I love it

on 8/31/2012 5:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this mascara! I *might* even like it more than my usual Voluminous Carbon Black. I don't have any issues with clumping or "spider lashes", and I typically apply 4-6 coats! It lengthens and increases volume and I can barely even detect the fibers. The formula is a bit dry, but I think that helps make it layer-able. I will re-purchase for sure!