Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/27/2008 3:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Very nice musk, clean and slightly floral. It's not going to knock your socks off, but it's very pretty and very wearable. A good, serviceable scent that stays close to the skin.

on 5/21/2008 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this musk but unfortunately this does not last on me or that i just cannot smell it on me. Quite strange as Narcisso for Her will last up to 24hrs on me!

Anyway this r/v is for EG and it is a clean papery type of musk - i can understand what one reviewer meant by it smelling like pencil shavings!! Obviously in a nice way.

I hope that with time this scent will be more apparent to me. Nemets Egyptian Musk does the same thing. When these are mixed with rose absolute the resulting scent is amazing! Just try it. Then it lasts longer on me (as rose on it's own doesnt last on my skin for long either).

I love the compact convenient roll on bottle and maybe am likely to purchase again.

on 4/15/2008 9:54:00 PM

An old favorite that just gets better and better as you wear it. Soft, sexy and always appropriate and appealing. Not at all 'perfumey'. A slightly floral skin musk that completely melds with your own scent and becomes a part of you. On me it is linear, just deepening and mellowing a bit with time. It lasts for eons, on skin and especially on clothes. I have to shower it off to wear another scent. People always notice this and compliment it; it almost gets frustrating as I will wear my nicer perfumes and not get a peep, but put on good old EG and even strangers will say something.
I buy the big 1.7 oz bottle they offer now, less trouble than ordering the little roll-ons more often. Dirt cheap, but I would still buy it if it cost five times as much.
Oh, I noticed that someone in an earlier review mentioned Sweetcake's World's Best Egyptian Musk. That is some awesome stuff as well (and SUPER dirt cheap - $5 per ounce!), it is a bit darker and perhaps more animalic than EG.

on 1/31/2008 1:23:00 AM

Wow! This smells so good! I never really used any oil scents before, but I was in Longs and saw the Auric Blends display...one thing led to another and all the sudden I'm a fanatic. Egyptian Goddess does smell like "your skin but better". It's very subtle, but so sexy. My boyfriend loves it because you have to be close to smell it, and once it blends with your skin and personal scent, it just smells amazing. I purchased the small roll on bottle at Longs for my purse. Then I went home and ordered the large bottle on their website along with two other fragrances (Coco Mango, which smells exactly like coconut and mango as described, and One Love, which is very sweet with a strong Cherry scent). The large bottle is the same oil, but no roll on applicator...just dab on with your fingers. I use this as an every day scent, and even put it on before I go to bed. :) Truly a beautiful fragrance.

on 1/6/2008 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Exotic scent. If you're exotic, this is perfect for you.

on 12/15/2007 3:49:00 PM

I really like this. At first it smells like cig ashes. On me, all musk scents take some time. After about 10 minutes it mellows into a nice, natural, really lovely grown up scent. I won't leave the house without my little roll-on bottle. So inexpensive too...and lasts forever.

on 12/2/2007 10:26:00 PM

I was hoping this would be a "your skin but better" type of scent. Clean, soft, warm... Instead, it is an overwhelming musk, very sharp and masculine on my skin. It's very inexpensive it's true, but it smells inexpensive, IMO. I was disappointed but at least we have a great swap board here at MUA! :) This one is for musk lovers only I supposed. I prefer musk to be very subtle and soft, and this scent is the exact opposite of that.

on 11/7/2007 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am on the hunt for my signature scent, and this may be it. I hate the perfumey, too-floral smell of most fragrances. This is soft and pretty, sensual and comforting. I can't stop smelling my wrist when I wear this. However, lately it has turned on me and smells kind of sour. I'm not sure if it is getting old, or what the reason for this is. I also wish it were in a spray, instead of an oil. I'm going to try some other Egyptian musks to see if I can find something even better!
Update: Sadly, I can't smell this anymore! All I smell is the oil. I don't know what happened!? I thought I bought a bad bottle, so Auric Blends sent me another one for free (great customer service), but I couldn't smell that one either. I think I just have a problem with anosmia to musk :( I'm not going to change my rating though, because I remember that it smelled beautiful and clean. I still recommend it.

on 11/5/2007 2:59:00 PM

I just got this in the mail and I have to say, I'm impressed. After reading some reviews [post ordering] that mentioned spiciness, I was worried that this would prove to be a bit too hippie for me and sort of regretted my order. I tell you what, it was a huge relief to find this is soft, creamy and sensual on my skin. Barely there but noticeable. AND (maybe this is odd) it smells to me a bit like school supplies, pencil shavings, crayons, construction paper. Maybe that's the eraser element some reviewers have been describing. At any rate, the school supply element is a huge comfort to me and I could see this quickly turning into a favorite bedtime scent. I don't know if it's present enough for me to consider it an everyday scent, but it is indeed lovely and very soothing.

on 11/2/2007 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love musk oil and have happy memories of wearing it during the 1970's. I read about the Auric Blends on MUA and this one was recommended. What a disappointment. I bought two scents the Egyptian Goddess and Ocean Rain. Both were weak, overly simple, and not distinctive in the least. I have a great musk that I wear that is only $3.99 called Amica Musk, so price is not the issue. If you are a real perfume or scent gourmand, these scents will not do. The next time I will try a sample first.

Popular Fragrances