July 29, 2014 | 2115 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Egyptian Goddess

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by girlmixalot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this. At first it smells like cig ashes. On me, all musk scents take some time. After about 10 minutes it mellows into a nice, natural, really lovely grown up scent. I won't leave the house without my little roll-on bottle. So inexpensive too...and lasts forever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 10:26:00 PM More reviews by suemazrn

I was hoping this would be a "your skin but better" type of scent. Clean, soft, warm... Instead, it is an overwhelming musk, very sharp and masculine on my skin. It's very inexpensive it's true, but it smells inexpensive, IMO. I was disappointed but at least we have a great swap board here at MUA! :) This one is for musk lovers only I supposed. I prefer musk to be very subtle and soft, and this scent is the exact opposite of that.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2007 11:57:00 PM More reviews by PSweetP27

I am on the hunt for my signature scent, and this may be it. I hate the perfumey, too-floral smell of most fragrances. This is soft and pretty, sensual and comforting. I can't stop smelling my wrist when I wear this. However, lately it has turned on me and smells kind of sour. I'm not sure if it is getting old, or what the reason for this is. I also wish it were in a spray, instead of an oil. I'm going to try some other Egyptian musks to see if I can find something even better!
Update: Sadly, I can't smell this anymore! All I smell is the oil. I don't know what happened!? I thought I bought a bad bottle, so Auric Blends sent me another one for free (great customer service), but I couldn't smell that one either. I think I just have a problem with anosmia to musk :( I'm not going to change my rating though, because I remember that it smelled beautiful and clean. I still recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2007 2:59:00 PM More reviews by auroura

I just got this in the mail and I have to say, I'm impressed. After reading some reviews [post ordering] that mentioned spiciness, I was worried that this would prove to be a bit too hippie for me and sort of regretted my order. I tell you what, it was a huge relief to find this is soft, creamy and sensual on my skin. Barely there but noticeable. AND (maybe this is odd) it smells to me a bit like school supplies, pencil shavings, crayons, construction paper. Maybe that's the eraser element some reviewers have been describing. At any rate, the school supply element is a huge comfort to me and I could see this quickly turning into a favorite bedtime scent. I don't know if it's present enough for me to consider it an everyday scent, but it is indeed lovely and very soothing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Louise

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love musk oil and have happy memories of wearing it during the 1970's. I read about the Auric Blends on MUA and this one was recommended. What a disappointment. I bought two scents the Egyptian Goddess and Ocean Rain. Both were weak, overly simple, and not distinctive in the least. I have a great musk that I wear that is only $3.99 called Amica Musk, so price is not the issue. If you are a real perfume or scent gourmand, these scents will not do. The next time I will try a sample first.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Maureen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I smelled only one other musk, from Kiehl's, which I HATED. This one I love. It's just... me. I enjoy very few perfumes, which tend to make me have a headache if I wear them, but this is so soft, I just enjoy it. And it really does smell like... me. It works for who I am.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2007 2:13:00 PM More reviews by FLBeachGrl

I'm as unimpressed with the scent as I am with Auric Blends itself. Very pricey and their shipping charges are outrageous! Unfortunately, I believed all the hype about this one and purchased the large bottle - stupid me. As for Egyptian Goddess itself, it doesn't smell like Egyptian musk oil, but regular run-of-the-mill musk oil. The best Egyptian musk oil I've come across is Sweet Cake's World's Best Egyptian Musk Oil. I definitely will not be repurchasing this ho-hum oil from AB again. Also, they are supposed to send an email with the UPS tracking when the items are shipped - they didn't and I had to make two phone calls to find out where the package was. I wish I had read AB's 92% rating at Amazon before I ordered from AB's website - I wouldn't have bothered purchasing it. Their customer service is terrible.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2007 7:16:00 AM More reviews by pinkboa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because of all the positive reviews. I couldn't wait to get it. As soon as I twisted off the top of the little glass roller bottle I knew I wasn't going to be wearing it. Don't get me wrong, it is not a bad smell, just that this is the scent on every woman I come in contact with over the age of 50. Because of that, I associate it with an older lady's perfume. I am giving it to my Step mom who is in her 60s and will LOVE it. Just not for me.
P.S. I dabbed some on one wrist to see if I would change my mind but nope, and of course because I didn't like it, the scent lasted all day long. LOL! That is how it goes I guess.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2007 7:08:00 PM More reviews by holtraaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first sampled this, I loved the initial notes. But as it dried down & began to mellow out on my skin, it lost me. It smelled good. It's just not anything stand outish to me. I much prefer AB's Black Opium. It's one of the best that I have tried.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2007 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Fyankevich

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking forward to receiving my Auric blends Egyptian Musk because I had pleasant memories of my roommate in college wearing this lovely scent. I would sometimes borrow a dab or two and I remember feeling very sexy when I wore it.

However, when the product arrived I felt my heart sink with complete disappointment. I put a tiny dab in the nook of my arm and the smell was strong and perfumey. It had an overwhelming synthetic floral scent. I would describe the scent to be incredibly artifical and chemical-like.

Perhaps, my taste has changed...I did drink heavily in college and that may have altered my sense of smell. I'm looking for a scent that is very light and natural. I'd like something that smells realistic and untainted. Most perfume give me a headache and smells like a cotton candy whore.

My Auric Blends shipment arrived at my office;therefore, I jumped right into it at work. I immediately felt embarrassed for wearing such a strong, cheap scent. I waited an hour to see if the smell would mellow out a bit.
It made me feel sick so I went to the bathroom to wash it off. I had to load the soap on and wash it numerous times to get rid of the toxic smell.

It just didn't smell warm and natural to me. The chemical floral smell was overwhelming. I'll stick with my simple jovan musk oil from the drug store!

I ended up giving away the brand new bottle of Egyptian Musk for free on Craigslist. That was $13.00 down the drain! (Product + Shipping)