October 25, 2014 | 1873 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Bellsss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only tried a sample of this but I have very oily skin at 16 years old. This has been the only one that has taken care of that to some degree. I have used Clarins Everlasting foundation and sampled Laura Mercier's Supreme foundation and Lancome's Ultra Teinte 24 Hour. The scent is very classy to me and it is probably the liquid-est one I've tried. It goes on very matte, almost a little too much, but later turns into a nicer satin-matte finish. I really love it! I wish it was as much as the Lancôme one because they're really amazing so I don't know which one to choose! I'm leaning more towards this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Misspoiltes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

How to make this product pay for itself: 1. Buy your exact shade at a Chanel counter 2. If you have dry skin, apply moisturizer first. I promise you'll like it. It has a lot of product inside for paying $54 for it, and it should stick around for a while. Literally gives a flawless finish and smells nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by gabie2real

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so to start off, I had originally tired this foundation a while ago when I wasn't really into primer or using a good moisturizer and the foundation completely came off my face and just looked very bad, especially since I need something that will last me about 8 hours and with Florida's heat. So, I returned it. I've been trying so many foundations to find the perfect one for my skin type ( very dry but oily on t-zone). With my dry face, I had dry patches that were so embarrassing and even covering them up you could still see them, regardless of how much hydrating moisturizer I put on. So very recently, I bought a really good hydrating primer (Smashbox) and I've also been using a good moisturizer for my dry areas. I went to Chanel to get a complete makeover, which was fantastic. The artist told me Perfection Luminere would be great for my skin because yes it might be a light coverage foundation (I do breakout so I'm very skeptical about light coverage foundations) but that it would also cover very good and last almost all day. I've been using it a few days now and I am completely in love. This foundation is amazing and definitely helps with my dry skin. I recommend getting the Chanel Blending brush #7 for this foundation. It seriously leaves a flawless finish. Yes, this makeup is expensive, but you are paying for the name and the high quality makeup, so keep that in mind. And if you don't like it, just keep the receipt. I've always done that with all the makeup I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by gamzeee

I have acne prone skin and this it one of the few foundations that hasn't broken me out, not even once!! Needs to be applied on moisturized skin. Applied best with a brush or maybe a sponge. It's not thick as double wear but it covers imperfections very good. Not cakey or muddy in the end of the day. If you don't have nothing to hide skin, you should try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

I got a sample of this a week ago, and got it online in B30 (I wear Bobbi Brown 3 or 3.5).. I was going to get the B20 but decided to go for a slightly darker tone. This has become my work foundation - it settles to a semi-matte finish lasts. I usually go for moisturizing foundations but I wanted a matte look. So far so good. A bit pricey but Chanel always is. Color works fine but I wouldn't use it for a very colorful look - I prefer a paler canvas when I do more colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation. It has a settle, yet pleasing scent and the packaging is the standard Chanel type packaging. I purchased this on a whim while in South Korea, so I ended up paying $72 as opposed to the retail price of $55 in the USA, but I still think it was worth every penny. This is one of the best foundations I've ever tried and I recommend it to those with normal skin who don't need full coverage (the coverage is build-able light/medium). This also dries down to a semi-powdery finish which I enjoy because a setting powder isn't necessary, though I would recommend just so it stays longer.

Pros: glass bottle with a pump top (I absolutely loathe Vitalumiere's packaging. It looks so cheap), build-able coverage, wide shade range, light scent, long lasting

Cons: I personally prefer a heavier coverage without using more than one pump

Chanel definitely was on the right track when phasing out the prolumiere to be replaced by the perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by alicehong88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is so... Amazing! It blends well on my skin and match my skin color as a medium skin color Asian. It is waterproof, oil-proof, sweat-proof etc.
I have once travel to Thailand, and the weather there is hot and humid. I was sweating once i stepped out of the hotel and sweating all the way until I get back to the hotel at night. The foundation stays on my face even though throughout the day I was nonstop dabbing my face with face tissue paper and wiped away my sweat etc. And the foundation is still there, it's not changing its color or melted by my sebum and sweat.
It is easy to remove too, I only use DHC oil makeup remover to clean my face and cleanse with cleanser after that (double cleansing). I used a cotton with toner and wipe my face after cleansing, I can see that the foundation that was on my face since 7am until 12am (17 hours) has completely removed.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Truthaboutmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product. The best way to get optimal results is using the beauty blender, at least in my case . I don't always remember to use primer but I don't need it, it lasts all day. Only thing besides the price I hate is that I find myself having to use more than I wish I had to get perfect coverage .

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by alleiram

Absolutely and by far the BEST foundation I have ever tried and I am the foundation queen (have literally tried every brand there is). After I tried Perfection Lumiere recently, I've realized that nothing comes close to this! It leaves all the others in diapers! Perfects skin, it's very long lasting, color is a perfect match (40), right amount of coverage and smooth finish. I could go on and on! It truly is amazing! I hope they never discontinue it! Will keep buying this for years to come. Thank you Chanel!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by MarissaRae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Other

The foundation has a nice smell to it and it is long lasting. However, if you have any dry patches, it will accentuate that part of your skin. You need a good moisturizer underneath this foundation. It has medium coverage, which I like because sometimes tinted moisturizer isn't enough. I do feel like they need more shades. I think I am in between shades and I go with the lighter shade.
I also love the texture of the foundation. For liquid foundation, I will be sticking with Chanel Perfection Lumiere, but my go-to is my tinted moisturizer.