September 30, 2014 | 980 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by Truthaboutmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product. The best way to get optimal results is using the beauty blender, at least in my case . I don't always remember to use primer but I don't need it, it lasts all day. Only thing besides the price I hate is that I find myself having to use more than I wish I had to get perfect coverage .

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by alleiram

Absolutely and by far the BEST foundation I have ever tried and I am the foundation queen (have literally tried every brand there is). After I tried Perfection Lumiere recently, I've realized that nothing comes close to this! It leaves all the others in diapers! Perfects skin, it's very long lasting, color is a perfect match (40), right amount of coverage and smooth finish. I could go on and on! It truly is amazing! I hope they never discontinue it! Will keep buying this for years to come. Thank you Chanel!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by MarissaRae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Other

The foundation has a nice smell to it and it is long lasting. However, if you have any dry patches, it will accentuate that part of your skin. You need a good moisturizer underneath this foundation. It has medium coverage, which I like because sometimes tinted moisturizer isn't enough. I do feel like they need more shades. I think I am in between shades and I go with the lighter shade.
I also love the texture of the foundation. For liquid foundation, I will be sticking with Chanel Perfection Lumiere, but my go-to is my tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Astrida5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have normal/combinaton skin in winter and oily in summer. i always wanted to try a chanel foundation and the Chanel Mua recommended this foundation for my oily skin that I have this season. I have a NC40 skin tone and the Mua matched me with 400 beige. I loved it when he applied it. After trying it at home, the foundation looked a bit pink on me. That was the first disappointment. The second was that it looks too matte the first hour after applying. But I love how the foundation looks after a couple of hours! Not too matte and not too dewy. I love the smell as well. Overall a great foundation for OILY skin. I wouldn't recommend this for people with dry/normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by KimmyRM

Hello fellow make-up addicts! I bought this on impulse on Tuesday - and what a buy it was. I must admit - I was sceptical when the lovely lady at Chanel told me I would not be disappointed - after all, my other high end brands - Dior and Armani have not done well at all.

Imagine my surprise when I actually loved this foundation - I bought it and wore it to work today - 12 hours later - the foundation is still on, my face is not oily and the matt effect is still in full bloom. It also did not oxidise on my skin.

Some people might find the perfume smell a little odd - bit I welcomed it smelling of nice things rather than just boring old liquid foundation chemical smell. Coverage is medium - full but a little goes a long way. I didn't even have to use concealer! :)

The only drawback is the price - but after paying for Dior and Armani foundations, this is definitely worth its weight in gold.

Kx

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by kirbipittman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I think I've found my Holy Grail foundation in Chanel's Perfection Lumiere. Which is unfortunate because it's SO darn expensive! I really love the semi-matte finish and love how the makeup changes as it sets on my face. 10 minutes after I apply it it looks really good and makes my skin glow. It lasts about 8 hours- after that my nose and chin start looking oily and I really need a touch up. It is heavily perfumed but it doesn't bother me because the smell is to die for. I would definitely repurchase and even though it is about $55 I don't mind the price because it's wonderful.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by XMishiX

Recently bought perfection no 50 due to all the hype abt it.. Well am extremely disappointed. First of all why does it change to a darker orangey tint?? Looks like ive applied fake tan on my face! it gives medium coverage and does have a nice sheen but i really think you should get a sample first! This foundation really let me down. It doesnt control oiliness in my skin. I'll stick to my Mat Lumiere in 50. This one never let me down.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by iwannago

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is beautiful on the skin , I have oily-combo skin yet still prefer dewy glory foundations! So this was a change for me. I do really like the finish of this foundation it's Matt, but still has a gorgeous glow. The shades are nice 12 beige rose matches me pretty well:) the packaging is of coarse amazing frosted glass bottle and signature Chanel pump make it very classy, but not the best for travel... And I wish the smell was more like vita lumiere aqua! But overall this foundation is great:)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Allylindsey

This foundation is way too matte for my liking, that being said It does provide a nice glow to the skin however you must must must have imperfection free skin! It dies accentuate dryness and is light to medium coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by MulanDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Good: Has a perfume (unlike other Chanel foundations), which I quite like the smell. Glides on, easy to blend, good packaging.
Bad: Performance. I have somewhat dry skin... and this would accentuate any little patches after say... 30 minutes? It oxidizes a little, too.. a little orangey after a while. Also, I am not too sure why this is marketed as a long-wearing foundation! It wears off to a level of non-professional look, I'd say around 3-5 hours depending on activity. Also, any oil produced will make a shiny look.