August 27, 2014 | 1764 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Lots of Lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this mascara. I don't love it. I would rebuy it, but only for limited purposes. The description "lots of lashes" is a bit of a misnomer - I wouldn't say this is very volumizing. However, what it DOES do is lengthen and separate your lashes, as well as help you get to all the little bitty lashes other mascaras might miss. I use this for a more natural look. If I want va-va-voom volume, I use something else. It's alright I guess. I HATE the original Great Lash - this one is decidedly better, but far from being my perfect mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by electricshock01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's an alright mascara. I love the packaging, it's cute and colorful and the brush is nice(but takes some getting used to). The mascara itself is meh. It's a bit wet and also looks really spidery on me. I would suggest running a lash comb in after to remove excessive product and/or clumps (it occasionally clumps on me). But this mascara lengthens well.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by In2th3night

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because it was cheap and I really needed mascara...I love the brush,,,it gets every lash and does not clump. The formula is a little wet...but it is really easy to work with. I have found that this lengthens and separates beautifully...nice dark black shade , too( I think I got 'glam black', label fell off). You can create thickness as well as length. Directions say not to let dry between coats , keep working it till you get desired look. Looks great! This seems to react to hot temperatures though...if I am outside in 90 degree plus weather...it tends to flake off a little. This is a nice mascara though...I would re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by clouer03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried liking this mascara, but the formula was soooo clumpy and wet! It looked really spidery on, the only thing it did for me was lengthen my lashes. Not impressed with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:38:00 AM More reviews by schoolgirl101

The concept of the product was cute, and I couldn't resist to buy this for under $5. The formula of this mascara was too wet, and I always had to wipe off excess mascara from my eyelid from using this. I'm not a huge fan on washable formulas, which made me gravitate toward this mascara even less. Rubber wands are great but the tapered effect on this wand was a little impractical to coat all of my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Babymutt01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Of course this is the 40 year classic pink and green Great Lash mascara. This is a better version in my opinion. The brush grabs every single lash without clumps and volumizes and lengthens them. The packaging is cute and I love the formula. Great mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Saraspring101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel that it's very good but you have to take the lumps out by going over like when you put it on it comes off by it self but it still has the mascara look

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

Edit #2: Flakes like a mug. Returned it.

EDIT: I applied a second coat and it looks a lot better but still.. Wish I wouldn't have to do that. Now I'll continue my 24 hour test and edit again on flaking and smudging, if any. So far, none and I'm happy about that. And according to Beautypedia this is the best formula out of all the Great Lash formulas (there's 3 different types and each has a waterproof version I believe).

I wanted to try this for the longest time because I thought the brush would be helpful and let's face it, the lots of lashes heart sh*t on the bottle is youthful and cute! But WHAT A LETDOWN, especially since I'm doing a 24 hour test on this with Maybelline's "the Rocket" on my other eye. This mascara is so ho-hum. You would think they would make the brush bigger--no. It's just as small as the regular Great Lash mascara brush. Makes me wonder about a Lorac mascara I saw on QVC this morning. It had this shape, but was a lot bigger. Anyways, not much power in anything when compared to an eye coated with the Rocket next to it. I'm a half asian girl with short, straight lashes and the best way I can describe the way these make my lashes if you're intent on buying this is fluffy. The Rocket creates long, seperated, defined lashes whereas Lots of Lashes looks like you have smudged eyeliner applied on the bottom lash if you decide to apply it there. Now something I really didn't like was, again, because of the problematic brush. Its size makes it hard to create big fluttery lashes in seconds before it dries, and it was hard to get to the base of the bottom lashes. From my point of view, looking in a mirror, I can see that half of my lashes are naked and the other half is coated! It's really quite terrible. Way too natural for my liking, I prefer doll-like lashes. Going to return when I get the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by SS100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this from my sister. It's not available here in my country. She gave this to me when she found that I was getting frustrated by not getting the thin corner lashes on my eye. I like putting on tons of mascara because I have small-ish eyes and mascara defines my eyes. This is a great defining mascara, doesn't clump. Gives enough volume for a natural look.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by misskho

i appreciate the design of the brush, gives great lash separation, but not for the ladies out there with fine or non excistant lashes