November 24, 2014 | 1767 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by olia041983

At first I thought I loved it but I realized its way too yellow and obvious on my skin! Believe it or not Revlon whipped foundation is so much better

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by itseverlasting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Background on my skin: I am medium toned with yellow/olive undertones, my skin is normal to dry and am prone to have dry patches.

I bought this foundation and the lady at the counter matched me to 5.0. I like the texture of this product, it seemed silky and smooth and it blended into my skin nicely.
The coverage is medium but can be built up to a heavy coverage, I usually only wear it when I am going out or to dinner with friends to have a flawless look. It lasts pretty well during the night but after 4 hours, I can see it fading.
The problem I get with it, is that when I get my photo taken, I receive a chalky sort of look in the photos. I don't know whether I've been matched wrong or it's the product.
I'm pretty mediocre with the product, I wouldn't buy it again.. I would probably invest in their Pro Longwear foundations next time since I know what colour I am.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ghardingwhite

I have been using MAC Prolongwear foundation happily for the past few years but after getting a new job in London (using London underground) i found my foundation would melt off and look really shiny by the end of the day! I really really hate looking shiny.

I bought Matchmaster foundation last week online, I'm usually a NC15 and asked the online chat what colour to buy. She advised a 2.0, personally i thought i looked more like a 1.0 so bought the 1.5. (In the middle haha)

The first thing i noticed is how orange the colour was, I was a little taken aback. However once applied to my face I admit it didn't look too bad, but still a tad too orange for my fair skin. I would say this foundation is for more warmer toned people?

Ignoring the colour, I love the way it makes my skin look, it evens out my skin and makes my skin look flawless! It lasts for a long period of time and with powder on top doesn't go shiny! Since using this foundation I've also noticed my skin has been a lot clearer, so it doesn't break me out.

For people with dry skin, I wouldn't recommend as it tends to stick to dry patches. When I have slight dry skin I use MAC BB cream underneath, I find it helps to prevent the sticking to dry skin.

Next time round I think I'm going to buy the 1.0 to see what difference it makes, hopefully wont be so orange!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It stays matte like 7-8 hours and starts to fade away. Doesn't look cakey at all. Only one pump will cover pretty much everything. The price is not that expensive compare with the amount and the result. But this foundation dries pretty fast so you have to apply it quickly. BEWARE it has SPF in it. Do not take a picture with flash when you wear this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and I'm an NC30 and shade 3.0 for this foundation. Its a medium coverage and is buildable. I mix the MAC Strobe Liquid with this foundation and it looks nice. However in five minutes it OXIDIZES! Hate when foundations oxidize! I wish MAC would fix this. I tried every MAC foundation and they all oxidize. My current holy grail foundations are the Estee Lauder Double Wear and MakeupForever HD Foundation. They are amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by millafarrow

I have to rate in middle. I liked the formula, lighter than my old HG and good coverage. The oxidation freaked me out because i wasn't used to my foundation doing that, and being pale i thought it would make me look crazy but i never noticed it on my face, just the back of my hand. I used color 1.0. The problem,my only complaint, it the horrible horrible acne it gave me. Unforgivable acne. This wont happen to everyone, and i didn't think i would have any reaction, because I've never had a negative experience with foundation before, but i did and it makes me so upset. Ive never had acne before and this product gave me huge sections of cystic acne all over my cheeks. It's killing me. I'd say sample it before you buy and run away at the first sign of skin trouble that isnt normal for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by TayTheBeautyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have combination skin and I am darkskinned with red and gold undertones. I got matched to a 9.0. I loved this but also had many issues after first use. Pros: Great Blend Oxidizes great Very Natural Perfect color match. The 9.5 was too dark but this 9.0 when the lady put a streak on my face I couldn't even tell where she put it it was that good Nice Coverage Got Compliments Like Crazy ! Cons: It ruined my face!! I purchased this product along with mineralize skin finish, prolong wear concealer, I already had the primer and I got fix+. after 2 days I noticed a rash under my eyes and on my cheeks never had that before. That night I took it off and cleansed my face. the whole night my face itched and burned so bad I couldnt sleep or woke up itching my face. next morning my skin was red I don't even get red didn't know I could lol. my cheeks had dark marks and the rash worsened. I red that a lot of people had this from the skin finish so I returned that and kept using this and the other products. same thing. I got big bumps on by my cheekbone and jaw. I returned the rest yesterday. its been a week since I switched over products to revlon colorstay and my face is slowly healing. I liked it but it ruined my face the whole line

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

i have this in shade 2.0, which is a warm neutral. i'm usually nw25.
i asked the mac artist for a full coverage, long wearing liquid foundation for oily skin. she suggested this.
the first thing i noticed was the strong paint smell. very similar to revlon colorstay, except it stays on your face. for the first couple of days of wearing this, i smelled it THE WHOLE ENTIRE DAY. but now i don't, maybe i'm immune to the paint smell by now.
the foundation itself is full coverage - waaay more then prolongwear and revlon colorstay. i have very dark acne scars and some pimples. 1-2 layers give you full coverage.
the longevity for this is... eh. maybe up to 5-7 hours of wear before it starts fading, because at the end of the day i can see my scars. i'm still trying to find a primer to wear underneath this.
the packaging is perfect, it comes with a pump! you can twist to lock, or unlock, the pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by JessicaLauren24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm currently using Matchmaster in 1.0. I usually have issues finding a perfect match for my pale English rose complexion (the next closest match I have found is Studio Sculpt NC15) however this is perfect!

I use a primer underneath (Benefit Porefessional) and use MAC Skinfinish Natural powder in light to set the foundation (as recommended by the makeup artist at the MAC counter). I love the finish of the combination of this foundation and powder - it is a very natural finish (not too matte) and it lasts all day (from 7am to 9pm)!! I also don't find this foundation to be drying, as I find with Pro Longwear. The coverage is medium buildable and easily covers redness in my cheeks and assists with under eye circles (I also add some light layers of Studio Finish concealer in NW15 and NW20 under my eyes to completely cover the darkness).

I like that this foundation comes with a pump, and it is lockable which is great for travel. The foundation is also 35ml rather than the standard 30ml size.

Matchmaster is now my new everyday foundation :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by amy0690

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow I never though I would find a foundation I lives from Mac but BAM! This stuff in my opinion is amazing for everyday! Looks super natural with great coverage and lasts! Perfecto!