April 20, 2014 | 1723 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Lornaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use MAC Matchmaster nearly everyday. It blends into my skin perfectly using a foundation brush and keeps my oily skin at bay. Also, the 'matchmaster' part allows me to keep wearing the same makeup even in the summer as the makeup somehow changes with your skin tone. It is light enough to wear in the summer and heavy enough to wear in the winter, it smells good and the 35ml bottle lasts a good few months. Perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Nice. I am a NC15 and I have oily skin and this foundation seems to control the shine on my T-zone.Creamy,very pigmented and it blends really well into my skin. I use the beauty blender sponge and it looks like I have nothing on my face.HOWEVER,I have noticed that during application there are some flakes (!) going on.Don't know why but it gets flaky sometimes. Do you have any idea what this could be? Please message me .

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by JayMUA

I was on a hunt for the perfect foundation color because Pro Longwear (my favorite formula) is a bit off on color for me. I should be about NC25/30 but closer to 25.

I searched thru every brand for the staying power of Pro Longwear. It lasts all day on me & I have very long full days. but I needed something less ashy in color.

I tried Lancome TIU, ELDW, Stila, Tarte, MUFE HD.

Finally I came back to MAC & tried matchmaster. PERFECT MATCH in number 2! I should have never strayed too far from my usual brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Nene2012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

took it back because this is not for my skin type. I have combination skin but my dry areas are SUPER DRY. after a few days of using matchmaster, I noticed dry patches all over my cheeks, jaw line and forehead. i should have trusted my own instincts and not go along with the SA recommendation. I went into MAC to purchase the Mineralize foundation in the compact form but since it's being phased out in my shades NW50 and NW55 in the summer, the SA told me I needed to try something that will be permanent and that's how I got to buying Matchmaster. I am sure it is a very good product but those girls at the Mac counter need to be better trained about the products they are selling.
this foundation is better suited for oily skin and maybe normal. But beware: if you have any dry areas it will suck the life out of your face.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Chrispy21

I bought the lightest shade and its supposed to match your skin tone. this however does not match the skin tone. It oxidizes badly and i get a major yellow line from the cheek to my neck. I have super fair skin anf this did not work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by QueenofHeartsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation - it glides on easily and is a dream to blend, and the finish has got to be one of the most natural i've ever seen in a foundation. IM IN LOVE. I get oily on my nose and it did show through, so te oilier skins should be preparer to blot/powder once or twice a day. I think it's a small sacrifice for how totally NATURAL this foundation is. I know I keep repeating it but wow. I've tried a lot of foundations and this truly makes me look airbrushed, not painted. Coverage is medium buildable, shade range seems a little on tye yellow side so keep that in mind. Definitely get a tester and try it out, i love this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by bmacieje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you are looking for a completely natural look this foundation is perfect. I was a bit nervous buying my first product (because it's sooo expensive!) but it was time for a change from my Pur Minerals and Cover FX powder foundation.
I am a 1.0 with this foundation and it 99% closely matching my skin. So I believe that MAC products has the ability to match any skin colour.

BTW, my face is dry and occasionally has pimples. I have minor scarring on my cheeks but this covers it up. Also, I apply this sometimes without a primer and it turns out great. However with primer, the results are much better.

Pros:
Covers any minor imperfections
Feels light
Easy to blend
Perfect finish
Does not smudge
Does not oxidize
Lasts all day

Cons:
The price...
Does not give FULL coverage (medium)
People say one pump can cover the entire face, I use 2.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by abao09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been on the search for the PERFECT foundation. I have extremely combination skin. Mostly oily. So oily I could scrape it off of my face and it would get all under my nails... Ew. Sorry had to give a vivid visual of how bad it is. Things I look for in foundation: coverage (medium-full), oil control (so many claim to be but they don't!), SPF, color match, blendable, travel friendly (small size and not leaky), pump. This has it ALL.

Overall rating: 5
- GREAT for oily skin
- LONG WEARING. SERIOUSLY.
- doesn't oxidize
- excellent color match for me
- mattifies & keeps you mattified for 14 hours
- not too matte, because of my oily skin it looked just under dewey (not out of control shine!)
-stays on for 14 hours (through dancing at a rave) changed from looking 100% to 95% that's STELLAR.
-helps hold up blush/bronzer (didn't fade very much)
- buildable coverage (1 layer for everyday, 2 layers for FULL coverage looking flawless!)
- easy to blend (I found it works best with a flathead kabuki)
- SPF is ALWAYS great!
- doesn't look cakey

Price: 3
- I bought mine for $33 (before tax) for 1.2 fl oz in California
- Not horrendous, but it is more than usual 1 oz
- GREAT price for package quality

Packaging Quality: 4
- Quality of packaging is great considering price
- LOVE the pump. 1 full pump is a little bigger than a "pea size amount"
- you can control how much product you want. It isn't a "1 full pump or nothing"
- LOVE how you can lock it so it doesn't pump by itself
- Glass is very thick
- Glass being thick causes it to be heavy/bulky
- I've seen an ounce of makeup in smaller packaging
- fits well in hand
- simple, shows shade, name, and amount of product

Foundations I've tried:
Chanel Aqualumiere
Sephora Loose Powder Foundation (They no longer sell this)
Loreal True Match (made me break out)
Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat (After one hour, I looked like a huge pored greaseball)
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Full Coverage
Tarte Maracuja Miracle 12 Hour Broad Spectrum
Loreal True Match Lumi
Bare Minerals Matte Foundatoin Broad Spectrum
Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation
Makeup Forever Mat Velvet + (made me break out)
Makeup Forever Multiuse Powder Foundation

As you can see I went up and down with different brands/types of foundation/foundation for different skin.. After all of these Matchmaster is THE FOUNDATION.

Unforunately, it breaks me out in a couple crater like pimples. I am going to try it again hoping it was my hormonal time of the month. I'm pretty sure it was the foundation. I'll keep you all updated. But... Other than that. It is seriously perfect. I would suggest trying it out 100% to anyone who wants long wearing foundation. You don't have to retouch at all! And I am a retouching/blotting fiend!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Flurby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not the right foundation for me! The consistency is quite thick and slightly gloopy, and does not go on very nicely on my normal to dry skin. It settles in every dry patch, and looks so cakey on. I really dislike the smell, and I'm not normally bothered by smells, but both the consistency and the smell reminds me of paint. So I feel like I'm putting paint on my face every time I use this. The only way I can use it is to mix it with some moisturiser first, but it's still not great. Might be good for oily skin. Gives a rather matte finish, which I don't like much, because I think it looks too unnatural. And unflattering. Packaging is good and practical.

I bought this in a MAC store in Budapest after asking the MUA for a foundation for dry skin. This product is definitely NOT suited for dry skin, so feel kind of irked. Never buy foundation without doing "research" first, the girls in the store don't always know what they are talking about!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by moni4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've very pale skin so looking for drugstore foundations that are my shade (in my country) it's quite a "mission impossible". But I also didn't want to spend a lot of money on Bobbi Brown, Nars, Estee Lauder... that's why I went for MAC.
I told the lady at the counter what I was looking for in foundation and suggested this one.
The consistency feels quite light and once you apply it on the skin it sets really quickly, with a powdery finish (you can even skip powder!).
The coverage is light to medium. Don't expect it to cover every blemish, every scar because it won't (that's what concealer is for, right?)
On me it barely oxidazes, which is good because you don't want to come back home after a long day to realize you look like an oompa loompa! lol
My shade is the lightest (1.0) and it's a bit pink on me so it's not my exact match.