July 29, 2014 | 914 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It saddens me as I love the finish of this foundation but I am not able to wear it. I break out with large bumps within 4 hours and acne within 8 hours

I am saddened and still looking for something light with coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Beeebee

I've had this foundation for two years and it hasnt run out. I love it soo much, a little goes a long way with this perfect foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2013 8:08:00 AM More reviews by poogle17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I like this foundation because it's really light but still gives great coverage, and it doesn't look cakey at all which is something that I usually experience with other foundations. It blends beautifully and with a single layer, it's barely noticeable that I'm wearing foundation. It has a semi-matte finish so I tend not to set it with powder but it still stays put for about 8 hours and fades nicely, rather than leaving the skin in horrible patches. I sometimes apply it with a brush but I find that it blends well even when I just use my fingers. I have very fair, combination skin and I wear shade 1.0

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Operadiva1991

This product is by far the best foundation I have ever tried. The coverage is amazing and it has a stunning finish. I recommend it for ladies who like medium to full coverage foundation. The price is relatively normal for an upscale foundation-$ 40 Canadian. It lasts a very long time and is worth every Penney!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ArmaniJadaXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great foundation! I use it everyday but many people complain about the orange tones so it better suits warmer skin tones! gives medium coverage but is buildable!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

A few weeks ago, I got a sample of the MAC Pro Longwear foundation. There were a lot of things I liked about that foundation, but there were also several things that I didn't like.I didn't last very long and it was frustrating trying to find the right shade. I was initially matched to NW25, but that was too orange. I tried the NC25 and that was too yellow. After reading a ton of positive reviews on the MAC website, I decided I wanted to try the Matchmaster foundation instead. Rather than the very confusing NW and NC colors, Matchmaster combines both and adjusts to your skin tone. In a lot of ways, it is very similar to the Pro Longwear, but honestly, I prefer the Matchmaster.

Finding the right shade in the Matchmaster was a bit of fiasco as well. I went to the MAC website and chatted with a makeup artist. She asked me what celebrity my skin tone was similar to. When I was asked that, I panicked a little, because I had no idea what to say. So I did some research and discovered that I am a light summer. Celebrities with skintone similar to mine include Sandra Bullock, Scarlett Johannson, and Jodie Foster. I was recommended Shade 2.0. So that is what I was planning to get a sample of. But I realized recently that I've been using foundation that is way too light for my skin. I really had no idea how to figure out what shade I needed. So I decided to just go to the MAC counter and get matched. I asked the girl behind the counter if I could remove my makeup and get matched to the Matchmaster foundation. She said sure and gave me a wipe to remove my makeup. After looking at the testers, I realized that the 2.0 was probably too light. So I told her that I thought I needed either the 3.0 or the 4.0 She said she thought I was probably a 3.0 and that the 4.0 would be way too dark. We tried the 3.0 first, and compared to the skin on my neck, we both agreed it was too light. So we tried the 5.0, but that was just a hair too dark.

So the MUA said “Maybe you are a 4.0" So we tried that, and both agreed it was a perfect match. Who knew? Prior to this, I always thought that my skin was light-medium. I always used to purchase the lightest medium shade. But then my parents both started telling me that my makeup was too light. It turns out that I was using foundation that was 2-3 shades too light. My skin is actually a solid medium, not light medium. I am SO glad I took the time to get matched. I would have never imagined that I needed shade 4.0. It only took a few minutes, and helped me realize that I was, in fact, using makeup that was way too light for my skin tone. I also tried using MOM as a primer for the first time today.

This makeup has given me everything I was looking for. With the MOM underneath, it stayed on my face over 12 hours. That is a first for me. With every other foundation Ihave tried, I am lucky if I could get 6 hours of decent wear, before the redness and shine started coming through. But this looked great all day. I kept checking my face in the mirror, expecting to see that my makeup had completely disappeared. But that never happened. The Matchmaster is very easy to apply and blends very easily. It dries very quickly and looks really natural. It doesn’t scream “I’m wearing makeup” which is what I wanted. It gives me that “your skin only better” look that I have been wanting. This makeup is very buildable and has great coverage. It covers the redness and smooths out the bumps. The MUA at the MAC counter asked if I had oily skin. I told her I have very oily skin. She said that the Matchmaster is great for people with oily skin. She was right. This is definitely the most expensive foundation I’ve ever used. But in my opinion, it is worth every penny. Unfortunately, the 4.0 is currently sold out. But the MUA told me that they should have more in within a week. But I definitely intend to purchase a full-sized bottle as soon as its back in stock. I have definitely found my HG foundation, and will never use anything else. I hope this is NEVER discontinued. I have purchased a full-sized bottle of this.

EDIT 8-5-13
There are a lot of things that I like about this foundation. But there are also a few things that I don't like. First, it transfers something terrible. When I change into my work clothes, there is always foundations on the inside of my collar. It also gets all over the phone. Second, I think the 4.0 is a bit too orange for my skin. It's not enough to be embarassing, but it's definitely an issue. Third, it oxides really bad on my oily skin. It darkens at least a shade when it dries. If I did repurchase, I would probably purchase 3.0 because of the oxidation. But I much prefer Lancome foundations over this. Lastly, this foundation doesn't hold up very well in heat and humidity. I took about a 20 minute walk when it was pretty humid. My foundation started running down my face and got very streaky. There were huge bare patches on my forehead. I had to do a touch-up, which is something I don't normally do. Honestly, I don't think I would repurchase this.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by LexlynT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best foundation I've tried so far. I have oily skin so this keeps me looking matte all day. Has a good staying power. Medium coverage. I always get compliments on my skin when wearing this. It dries fast so when applying you have to work quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by rkcroft

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Like a previous reveiwer, I have always struggled to find Mac foundations to suit my skin tone which is very neutral. Mac foundations tend to be very yellow or pink based. I think I have purchased NW25/30 and NC30 colors and neither worked for me. Currently I use Guerlain's Parure Extreme foundation in 03 which I totally love as it's perfectly matched to my skintone. However, I wanted the fuller coverage that many of the Mac foundations have given me in the past. Matchmaster fitted this bill perfectly. I have purchased it in color 03 and am very happy with the color match. Matchmaster is a medium to full coverage foundation and has a suede-like finish. If you have dry patches on your face (I don't), it will exacerbate those so may be better suited to oiler or normal skin. I do find it a little heavy to wear for daytime, but I didn't purchase it to wear during the day, but for a heavier night time finish. Overall, very happy with this foundation. If you struggle to get the perfect color match in other Mac foundations, you may be able to find a Matchmaster color to help you out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried tons of foundations for my oily skin and MAC was the only one I could find that was long-lasting that worked for my oily skin. I was using Pro Longwear Foundation but I was in between NC25, NW25/30 and I was constantly having to mix them together and still didn't get the right match up, especially once they oxidized. I went to MAC and explained this to the SA (again) and she was helpful and suggested the Matchmaster because she said the colors are slightly different tones and might work better for me if the warm/cool wasn't working. She tried 3.0 on me and it matched in the store.
She suggested a brush and I purchased it - but it turns out I prefer using a Sephora sponge to apply this foundation so the brush was a waste.
The Matchmaster color options are better than the others, however they STILL oxidize on me and make me look orange, and do not blend well. I love the lasting power, but I am going to have to try and find something other than MAC brand, once again! Would be ok if you can match to your skin tone, but no more MAC foundations for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by afroprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

First, let me start by saying that I had really high hopes for this foundation, but ultimately I was disappointed. I am a huge fan of Revlon Colorstay and had never thought about switching to a departmart store brand. While on vacation, I was walking through Nordstrom with my mom and sister, we were at the MAC counter and the salesgirl offered to colormatch my sister. She explained how the MAC Matchmaster worked- it adjusts to your skintone and has great coverage. After she finished applying foundation to my sister's face- I was impressed! It was a perfect match! I then decided to get colormatched myself and bought the foundation right there on the spot- big mistake, don't ever to that! When I got back to my hotel room and looked at my face in the mirror, I was shocked- the foundation had oxidized and made face look reddish-orange. I know that foundation does have tendency to oxidize, I just wish the the MAC salesperson took that and my skin tone into consideration when she "colormatched" me. Perhaps if I had been given the right shade of foundation, which matched my skin tone, this might have been a very different review. Needless to say, I had returned this, thank goodness for Nordstrom's awesome return policy- their customer service was amazing, too.