September 2, 2014 | 1925 users online

Liquid - MAC - Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by KayCL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is really great. It blends in perfectly with skin tone and it stays on all day. I only had to blot my face 2 times throughout the day which is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by arer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is a good foundation, medium coverage, easy to apply and blend. Its not orange or to yellow, i am in shade 1,5 i have combi skin, dry cheeks and oily T-zone and i need to powder or blot my skin after 4 hours. Does not brake me out. Overall nice everyday foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I decided to FINALLY go to MAC to get colormatched so I knew where I was in the world of NC/NW categories. But when I asked about Studio Fix, the makeup artist suggested that it may be more coverage than I was looking for and steered me towards Matchmaster. I'll admit that she is right: I do prefer a more natural looking finish in my foundation. That being said, one day I will go back and get it done...

But here we have Matchmaster. I was matched to 1.5. I was between 1.5 and 2.0. The 2.0 also could have worked if I did get some summer sun; it definitely would not take me through the winter though. 1.5 looks like it will carry me year-round.

This is a great foundation! It matches my skin tone, covers smoothly, blends well, has a natural-looking finish, and offers buildable coverage for problem areas, though in my experience buildable coverage looks good at a max of 2 layers. Wear time is also good: it lasts all day with the help of a little powder. No oxidation, even after a full day's wear. I love the pump packaging: the pump can be secured without any caps that could be lost.

The cost is up there but as I've said before, foundation is one of the products you shouldn't skimp on. Like all foundations, it helps considerably if you can be color-matched by an artist. If not, buy from a website/store with a great return policy.

Edited to add: I went back to MAC because I was still damn curious about the Studio Fix colormatch...NW18.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by jenloverock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely adore this foundation! I haven't used a MAC foundation in years as there never seems to be a colour pale enough for me. I got this in their palest shade 1.0 and its perfect for my combo skin type! Used with a primer and light dusting of Nyx twin cake compact powder over, I have a flawless cover all day long. I like a full coverage foundation and this definitely ticks that box! I tend to have dry patches on my forehead and surprisingly this foundarion does not cause those areas to flake at all, which I was surprised about. I can't say anything bad about this product, its reasonably priced, the packaging is great with an awesome lock mechanism so there's no chance of wastage and it'll last me forever! My new HG foundation, I'm in love!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by marinaphotography

I first tried the studio fix and really liked it but unfortunately one day it shattered. So I got the match master as instead because I heard so many good things. But I didn't like the coverage, the fact that I looked like an Oompa Loompa or the finish. Wouldn't repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So dissapointed. I tried out matchmaster for the sole reason of finding something that matches my skin tone. I have very yellowy skin that's medium-deep. It's basically a tanish yellow color. Its so hard finding a match! I wear NC45 in Mac Pro Longwear and Studio fix but i realize that its more orange than i'd like it to be. It makes me look darker and red.

I was matched to shade 7.0 in matchmaster and boy was this color off! It made me look darker and it was too red on my skin. it looked like i was slapped 20 times. One of my friends where matchmaster and she has the same problem. The only foundation i have found that match me are Nars Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte in Tahoe, Loreal True Match w7, and Black Radiance liquid foundation in Butterscotch.

Some pros to matchmaster are that it has good coverage, feels light, is buildable, and has a fines semi matte finish. But some other cons are that it does not control oil well. After about 3 hours, i got really oily. You HAVE to set this foundation if you have normal-oily skin. It might be ok for dry skin if you moisturize well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by sdrayt1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm about a NC50/NW45 mix and I got this in 8.0. I haven't used a MAC foundation product in years since color wise I fall in between shades and I don't want to buy 2 bottles of any product to mix. Matchmaster seems to work and not have overly warm or cool undertones for my personal taste.

The color works for me and this foundation does a great job at controlling oil. At first, I was applying a mattifying primer/power product underneath but it made me have a dull cast on my face at the end of the day. I was able to prevent this by using Smashbox primer (the original one). Also, the finish of this doesn’t seem to require that you set it with powder. It dries semi-matte and it’s definitely for combo to oily folks. I only have to blot my oiliest areas maybe twice during my entire work day….even in this Texas Summer heat!

I apply it with my damp Beauty Blender sponge and I get great coverage. I go over my problem areas a second time. I would say the coverage is medium but very buildable and lasts all day. 2-3 pumps are enough to do my whole face so I'm sure this bottle will last me for a while. I guess my only issue is that the color changes but I guess that's what it’s intended to do…match. So the color warms up a bit as the day goes on. Since my skin leans more red or NW45 in the summer (vs NC50/55 in the colder months) it’s working now but this particular foundation shade (8.0) probably wouldn't work during colder months. Also, my blush color seems to totally change within a few hours. I like the pump bottle but I’m not sure the top will unscrew to get the last bits of the product out.

Not my personal HG as far as foundations are concerned, but if I had to purchase another MAC liquid foundation again, this would be my go-to. At $33 dollars it's a relatively good value seeing that my HG Foundation (BB Skin Foundation) is $47 a bottle. The shade selection works for me, it controls oil and stays put…

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Shanshan24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

After not being a mac girl for years because i came to hate there foundations for breaking me out or turning my face into an oil slick after a couple hours... matchmaster has brought me back and i am so happy i got it. I have combination oily skin
No1 the shades are tricky i tried the 8 but after watching a few youtube reviews it seems i was more fitted to the 7.5 and its a great match.
The wear time is unbelievable from my previous experiences with there other foundations lasted my full work day and looks amazingly natural and makes my skin glow.
But i do have a secret to making this foundation stay on and look amazing i use the face and body in a 7 as a base and apply the matchmaster on top, so the foundation somewhat infuses with the face and body and you cannot tell am wearing a foundation and it doesnt rub off as easy as if the matchmaster were worn on its on... so just a tip if you would like to try it :)

You can set it with a powder if you want to just for reassurance doesnt look to bad but i think the foundation gives such a beautiful finish just by itself you wont need it.

i would certainly recommend it, but as with all mac foundations you can feel like your wearing makeup but its definitely not as heavy as for instance there prolongwear or studio fix.
and this will last for absolutely ages because you do not need alot.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by SKITTLES33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a Love Hate relationship with this foundation it is great for everyday use )exp running errands, short work day etc.)
I have combo oil skin so I NEVER EVER look for anything with a dewy finish unless i plan on looking like an Oily Monster in an hour. So this foundation for sure caught my eye it has a very natural finish it looks like skin, not too dewy not too matte.So you would think this would be my HG rite? .. WRONG!

I do like this foundation a lot it blends so well it has such a great natural finish and it matches my skin tone sooo well. You know what it doesn't do? LAST !!! Within the 1st few hours i have to blot total it probably gives me 4 good hrs of flawlessness . This is for sure the kind of foundation i like to wear on shorter days because of the finish and ease of application is amazing . If you are planning to be out for long hours this is not the foundation to wear. Unless of course you have dry skin then this may be GREAT for longer days

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been steering clear of MAC foundations, since everything I tried either made me break out, turned me into an oil slick, oxidised and turned me orange, looked too heavy or just didn't match my skin tone. However, I was getting desperate to try and find the right shade foundation, and turned to Matchmaster to see if it could fit my difficult skin tone... and it did!!!

It blended in incredibly well and looked so soft and natural on my skin. I didn't even put a powder of the top, because the finish was so beautiful! I couldn't believe that it lasted a full day for me without any touch ups AND controlled oil! In the past, MAC foundations tend to make me oilier, but Matchmaster did an amazing job. It leaves a lovely natural finish on your face, so one layer was enough to soften and even out my skin discolourations but didn't look like I was caked in makeup (which Studio Fix Fluid did, even when using the tiniest amount)

The only issue I have is the colour options, so be warned and try before you buty! While this range is designed to match individual skin tones and undertones in only a few shades (as opposed to Studio Fix Fluid, which despite it's many, many shades never seemed to match me perfectly!) the information about what number you should be in accordance to what colour SFF foundation you are seems a bit off. I was matched with 6.0, because I am roughly NC43-44. It looked scarily dark in the bottle, but all the MAC pros insisted that was my shade. Although it did look considerably lighter on application than in the bottle, it was too dark for me and made the colour difference between my face and chest look extreme. However, I tried the 5.0 and found that it looked great! It didn't wash me out at all and blended really well. So this stuff is truly as versatile as it says it is, and really does let your own skin tones show through.

Top points for MAC for finally inventing a foundation that is the exact opposite of their other formulas! I love this stuff!