MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

3.7

(Original formulation - September 2011): ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 3.40%, Titanium Dioxide 1.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Dipropylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Laureth-7, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Peg-10 Crosspolymer, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Silylate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288)]

on 1/25/2014 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this FOUNDATION, this provides me with build-able coverage yet looks natural on my skin! I mix it with my Prep+ Prime Radiance primer and it gives me a fresh look that last all day long! HG foundation for me!!

on 1/24/2014 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the foundation I currently use.

I am Greek with fair-light yellowish skin and I use everything NC20 in foundations and concealers.

I apply the Matchmaster foundation with a sponge and it gives me an even, matte finish.

The matte finish does not really last long so I make sure i set it with a mattifying powder but I really like the result.

PROS:
- Bottle has a pump which is really sanitary.
- Matte finish.
- Easy to apply

CONS:
- I don't like how the liquid looks orange-y. It tends to oxidize a bit too.
- Expensive.
- Although the pump 'locks' if you switch it to the left, it can unlock easily and make a mess if carried in a purse or bag. Also, the glass bottle is not very convenient.

Overall, i like it but when it is finished I don't think I would purchase it again mostly due to the stiff price.

on 1/21/2014 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I like this foundation, but not as much as Studio Sculpt, although MatchMaster is more natural-looking and sheer compared to Studio Sculpt. In Studio Sculpt I currently wear an NC20 (or a C2 in MAC's F&B/MNSF in Medium, for reference in other brands: Missha Perfect Cover in #21, tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation in Light-Medium Sand, Revlon ColorStay in #180 Sand Beige, GA Luminous Silk in 4.5, NARS The Radiant Cream foundation in Fiji, Revlon Nearly Naked in #130 Shell and DiorSkin Forever Flawless Compact in #21 Linen) and in the MatchMaster foundation I wear 2.0 - which matches my yellow undertones well. I also bought 1.5 which is just a touch too light but works fine for winter time.

The coverage is in the medium range, but it does allow some of your skin to show through, and I often sheer this out with lotion or by itself to a light coverage. It can also be easily built up to cover most imperfections. The finish is a beautiful soft, natural matte. I don't usually use powder on top of this, but will wear primer underneath to keep t-zone shine at bay. The texture is easy to work with too - very silky, easy to spread or buff into skin. I normally use a buffing brush to apply this, fingers or a sponge and it looks good regardless of what I use to apply it - although I think the warmth from hands makes it look more natural and sheer. I also use it around my eyes without any irritation or problems. No breakouts or clogged pores on rest of skin. It lasts all day (at least 8+ hours) with no separating, or patchiness. I do still have to touch up/blot with powder after about 5 hours due to shine on my nose or forehead in the summer - but I have to do that regardless of what product I use. It does however, maintain a matte finish longer than most other foundation I use. In photographs, there was no flashback and my skin looked perfect (although I'm not sure how this would work for darker skin tones).

The only thing that bothers me a bit is the weird scent - a bit like paint, but it's not strong. Reminds me of Revlon's ColorStay and honestly I'd rather smell the ingredients than some strong, migraine-inducing fragrance. I would recommend this to those with oily or combination skin looking for light to medium natural looking coverage. This formula may be a bit to drying/too matte for those with drier skin types.

on 1/15/2014 10:46:00 PM

I love this foundation. I'm very pale, with sort of weird reddish undertones, and it's the first thing I found that matches my skin tone perfectly (I use the 1.0). It also looks really good on my skin- it doesn't even look like I have a medium-to-full coverage foundation on. One $35 bottle will last me a year, so it's good price-wise too. I have very troublesome skin (acne-prone, super sensitive, lots of red) and this erases all of that. It also builds and blends really well. I don't really notice a chemical smell, and it looks fantastic.

on 1/12/2014 1:14:00 AM

I was just colour matched at the MAC Counter. I was matched 1.0 (which was too yellow for me). This stuff smells like chemicals- and not in a good way. The smell was still bothering me an hour later.

I went to the counter asking for help as I have a hard time colour matching (i'm very fair). I have combo skin and this was the makeup which was recommended too me.

As far as coverage, it has a medium to full coverage. Demi-matt finish, which was nice. The girl at MAC put it on me without a primer and it sunk into every line and pore on my face. So it'd probably be a lot better with a primer.

This stuff felt caked on- but didn't look it. It felt rather drying around my nose as well.

In all honesty the first thing I did when I got home was wash it off. I wear glasses and the amount that had rubbed off where my glasses sit was fairly disappointing as well. If I was to continue wearing, I would have already had to touch up under my glasses after an hour and a half.

Definitely not for me at all!

on 1/8/2014 5:15:00 PM

I have dry and spot prone skin which is an odd combination but hey ho, I am also very fair and even the foundations in nc15 are a little too dark for me , however this foundation in the colour 1.0 is the perfect match for me, I love the finish of this foundation and I don't find it cakey at all as I find other mac foundations. It's about medium to full coverage and build able . It covers the redness in my skin but not all of my blemishes so I use the studio fix concealer over my blemishes and set it all with the studio fix powder .

on 1/7/2014 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite liquid foundation. I personally prefer to just wear powder to make things simple but now that i've found this i've made a complete turn around.
It gives me the perfect amount of coverage and is EXACTLY the right shade for my skin. It feels light on my face and I could leave the house feeling confident just wearing the foundation by itself. It stays put from morning to evening, that's when it starts to get a little weak...but it's a fabulous everyday foundation with build able coverage. Will be repurchasing.

on 1/7/2014 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This thing is cakey , it's over priced and it disappeared on my face after 6 hours ! And I was wearing a primer smh!

on 12/31/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So I just went to Mac and got a sample of this foundation and started applying it this morning. what I noticed was it was hard to blend it on your face the consistency wasn't as liquidy as i had pictured it to be. Once getting it on it was definitely full coverage and it did cover well however it kind of gathered on my acne scars. I notice the color is already sort of a jersey shore orange tan color. It makes me look tanner which is a plus but something about the darker orange tint makes me look shiny. I'm not super in love with the color but I would say its a great foundation for summer time and great for people who are really tan and are trying to get their face to look as tan as their body overall it's pretty good haven't worn it long enough to see if it breaks me out I will update it once I wear it another day!

on 12/30/2013 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I bought 2 the first one I bought was a 10 and was to dark for me (which was a surprise because. I am really dark). So I got a 9.5 and it was to LIGHT so I just started mixing the 2 foundations to get the color that I wanted. My only issue is that due to my complexion I do not really have any scaring on my face that shows. and I also never break out so I didn't need the full coverage YES I SAID IT FULL COVERAGE foundation!! I never like wearing a lot of makeup and this foundation makes it look like in caking my face on especially when it's hit out so me...I don't think I will purchase again just because of the coverage but other than that it was a great foundation.