August 22, 2014 | 1195 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - BareMinerals foundation #2.3 Medium Beige

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by reneejo77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dont recommend this product at all! I work at Ulta so I get to try many products. Unless you have PERFECT skin the BE just doent work well. It tends to bring out your flaws instead of hiding them. And whoo wants to pay for all those messy steps??

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by editorgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am very love/hate with BE. At times, I think it can make me break out, but I've never been sure. When my skin is looking good, I do enjoy wearing this. Other times, when I'm going through a breakout, I use Physician's Formula Talc Free. Let me say I never use liquid; it's either PF or BE. I prefer how matte PF is, but sometimes, I very much enjoy the "glow" of BE. I will probably always keep a tin of this around to use when I'm having one of those days when I have either just seen the infomerical and feel like buffing it on, or my skin looks great and this gives it glow. Medium Beige is a really nice color. I use the kabuki brush, then hit spots with the max concealor brush a bit of Bisque concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by violeta77uk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The worst foundation ever! I've tried for the first time mineral foundation, my face looks awful! After an hour I could see millions of fine lines on my face, looked 10 years older. Also my face was shiny and itchy. Bad experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 4:28:00 AM More reviews by tweezerhappy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have a love-hate relationship with BE. i love the coverage for acne scars, or hyperpigmentation, etc. really great because i'm not so good with concealers and such. i think the color usually matches my skin tone. excellent for tropical weather...used this in a really hot & humid place and i didn't get sunburn and BE didn't come off. cons: sometimes i put too much & don't realize this until i see myself in a public mirror!!!! to my horror i look like i've aged ten yrs or so. the packaging needs work like so many have said the mess is annoying. i think i need to work on my technique because when i put BE on right it makes my complexion look really good. people would comment on how good my skin looks, even though it isn't perfect at all. i think that you would have to make sure your lighting is good/close to daylight and maybe use something to scoop a tiny amount of powder like they do at the store. would repurchase again if i ever run out. it lasts forever.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by sardav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the texture of the mineral powder foundation - it is light, natural and gives the skin a luminescent appearance.

With this particular colour I wonder if perhaps it is slightly too light for me, most people say it looks great on me, natural and as if I don't have foundation on and no line. So that is great but when I look at myself I think it is a bit light.

So I will try mixing it with the golden beige possibly and see. I have heard that you can do this with mineral foundations so not a problem. I may even try the mineral veil with a tint.

Really important to apply as instructed on their website. I always make sure I swirl the brush and warm up the particles on the brush so I don't just get a blot of powder on one part of my face. I like that you can layer.

Little goes a long way. Be careful though with the powder as a lot seems to come out so I have only opened the sticker half way.

One very slight gripe I have about this product is the cost, having said that the foundation lasts for 6 months so I guess value for money in the long run.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Stephie2705

Hated it. Colour was strange, provided no coverage. Looked powdery. Once again, hated it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well I have used this foundation on and off for 8 years now. I swore this foundation off because it makes me so damn shiny! I recently tried the matte version of this and while it looked SO much better (anti-shine wise), it made me break out HORRIBLY. This formulation of BE's foundation doesn't break me out, which is a huge plus and I just bought a jar of the Kryolan anti-shine powder and that stuff is awesome in keeping the oilies away, but......not with BE. I don't know what makes me look like an oil slick with this stuff, but no matter how much I blot or add anti-shine powder, this stuff ALWAYS ends up shining through and I am normally not that oily.

I do have to say though that my mom uses this and it looks FABULOUS on her, so that is why I gave it 3 lippies.

EDIT: Ok, I went back to BM after trying out all sorts of different makeup. In the end, my mom and my friends think this looks the best on me. I still get a little shiny, but not nearly as much as I used to. I think it's due to my nightly regimen because I slather grape seed oil on my face at night and I am now a firm believer that all the exfoiliating, toning and scrubbing made me MORE oily because I was stripping away all the essential oils on my face and it was over compensating by over producing oil. Now that i treat my skin right, I have noticed that I get less oily and that this foundation doesn't look as bad on me. I still need to blot at least once a day, however.
Last Edit: I read a review that I totally agree with where she said that she wore BM for years and back in her 20s this foundation looked awesome and she used to get a ton of compliments. As she aged, the powder settled into fine lines and it became too shiny for her complexion and all in all, the foundation no longer looked as good as it once did. I couldn't agree with her more! If you are in your 20s with little to no skin issues, then this really is a nice, natural foundation. Yet after many years of using this, I finally have to part ways and most likely go to a liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by dawnwfoster

I normally hate powders for my face, but I LOVE this mineral foundation. It does not cause irritation or break out my sensitive skin. The SPF15 is a plus (even though I always wear a moisturizer with SPF30).

My first impression of this stuff when the sales agent was putting it on my face was that it did absolutely NOTHING for me... all my blemishes were still very visible, but the SA kept insisting that it was giving me "natural coverage"... She said to give it a couple hours and it would get "creamier" and look even better as the day went on... ummm i dont think she knows what she's talking about, but i went ahead and bought this foundation anyway b/c i had heard good things about it from friends.

First off, the SA did not put ENOUGH foundation on my face which is why it had no coverage... secondly she insisted that i HAD to use the foundation brush that was developed by B.E.... which i simply not true - any powder brush will work, and thirdly, she kept saying "buff buff buff" as if the powder would leap off my face if I didnt spend 10 min buffing.

so when i put it the foundation on myself i found that it is buildable and blendable, does not accentuate dry spots, and does not gather in my creases (unless i put too much on). I use it in medium beige and love the coverage it gives me - granted i use a lot more than the SA put on my face. i have the B.E. foundation brush as well as the B.E. kabuki brush, and both work well, but I do not notice a difference from when I use my other drugstore brushes to apply the powder. If you apply too much, the powder will settle into fine lines/creases. i think a foundation primer would help with that... at least thats what "they" say.

Something cool about this powder is it does not dry my face out like other powders do. I found that the skin on my face actually IMPROVED as I was using this foundation. The price is a little higher... but there is plenty of product in the jar and it is a lot cheaper than other foundations out there. I also love the fact that there are very few ingredients that go into this product, which makes me feel better about putting it on my face every day.

One improvement that I would suggest is to the packaging... it has a sifter which helps to prevent spillage, however it's difficult to travel with it - in my opinion the new packaging of the "Matte" foundations (also by B.E.) is better because the sifter has a swivel top which allows you to prevent powder from coming thru the sifter when traveling. For those of us using this formula here's a tip: put a piece of tape over the sifter when traveling. I covered most of the holes and left only 2 open... so when i need some powder i just shake the jar and use whatever comes through... :) hope that helps.

I usually apply this directly to my face after i have moisturized (Eucerin SPF30 daily face moisturizer)... i dont use a primer. this makeup has great lasting power. lasts all day and doesnt transfer to clothing. i dont use a setting powder even though B.E. does make the 'mineral veil' setting powder... seems pointless to set a powder with a powder. my face does get somewhat oily during the day - i live in a very hot/humid place, but it doesnt get super slick/greasy.

this makeup comes off easily with cleanser... i use "purity" cleanser by Philosophy, but i think it would come off with any good cleanser and water.

so the final verdict of this mineral foundation is LOVE IT :) i think it is a fair price for the product quality and amount, it is easy to apply and VERY hard to mess up. just have someone match your color and you are ready to rock the flawless face. best of luck!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by labellevie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for over a year. I fell in love with it when I first started using it. It really does provide great coverage and feels great on the skin. I hate the feeling of liquid makeup and this is part of the reason I have stayed with Bare Minerals even though it has a few cons. It can be too sheen at times and settle into my pores. I'm 18 so I don't have wrinkles to worry about. I'm starting college soon, and not sure if i'll be able to afford repurchasing this at 25 dollars a pop, i might try to find a lightweight liquid makeup for winter. Overall, it is a really great product and is worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2009 1:10:00 AM More reviews by aceh76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always had a love/hate relationship with this foundation even though I have been using it for 4 years. The first time I put it 4 years ago on my little then 6 year old daughter said, "wow, it covers your zits." Oh the honesty of children! It does provide good coverage, it lasts all day (I don't have oily skin), and it photographs well. I have never had a problem with breakouts due to this foundation, but have known others who have. There are some cons to this foundation...The color selection isn't that great. I wear Medium Beige, but in the winter I have to mix it with Fairly Light to get a match which is a pain and I usually don't do-I usually end up wearing a different mineral makeup in the winter months because for some reason Light looks weird on me, Fairly Light is too light and Medium is too pink. I do have dry skin (sometimes combo skin) and this doesn't make my skin look any drier. I am getting older =(and I find that it can sometimes settle into some fine lines around my eyes that I must not have had years ago...Overall, it is a good foundation. I won't describe it as my HG foundation because it isn't perfect, but I have tried other mineral foundations and I do always end up coming back to this one. I have a hard time wearing liquid foundation since wearing mineral or else I would have already switched back to liquid. I advise before purchasing this to get a sample to see if it works for you. OH-I almost forgot-I won't walk out the door with just this on my face...I always add a radiance (clear, pure, etc). It looks awful without it!