Prada Candy EDP

3.5

Prada Candy is a new fragrance by Prada to be launched in August 2011. The composition includes an elegant mix of musks in the top, a sensual balsamic vanillic accord of benzoin in the heart and sweet modern caramel in the base of the fragrance.

on 3/17/2013 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I cant believe this perfume has grown on me. I used to hate it due to the fact its called 'Candy' but mainly smells like vanilla mixed w/fabric softener which makes this fragrance very soft & airy. Heck for $65 for a 1oz bottle I grew to like it! Lasts about 5 hours, depending on your bodily activites. The smell is addictive you'll wanna spray your fresh dried laundry with it!

on 3/10/2013 10:54:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love it, it's sweet but warm and kind. For me it's not the typical candy sweet scent, but more of a refined and unique scent. It also dries down beautifully, a creamy sweet scent.
However I do agree that, for the price, the lasting power isn't the best (on me, about 4 hours).

on 3/5/2013 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I generally don't like sweet fragrances but tried it anyway (received a sample from an Ulta brochure). It smelled just okay when I first rubbed it on but by the end of the day, I just couldn't stop smelling it. The base notes are wonderful on my skin and I was so surprised at how feminine it smelled on me. I guess it just worked well with my body chemistry. This is the only fragrance that I can spray on all over without getting nauseated (I am one of those that can smell fragrances that I apply in the morning all day, unlike most people).

on 3/2/2013 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

It's been a long time since I've been this determined to get a fragrance. I received a sample in a Nordstrom shipment several weeks ago and have been obsessed! I drove as soon as I could to Ulta and scolded them for having a dry empty tester I thought that was a good sign. It's vanilla and sweet but somehow not offensive. I love the little bottle I got the smaller of the 2 sizes. I am 48 and I usually wear "safe" fragrances like Chanel no 5 eau premiere or Oscar de la Renta. It's my first step into Prada world.

on 2/19/2013 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Sweet and warm. I love it, a friend gave me her bottle because she didn't like it on her, and she complained the scent didn't last long on her.But I feel differently, it lasts for a few hours on me.I'm really excited I was gifted this perfume,when it runs out, I will definitely buy a bottle.

I just received this perfume as a gift, after of course smelling and spraying it countless times in various department stores. I am so happy I have this! The smell is beautiful, not too young or not too old for myself, a 22 year old professional. I love the vanilla notes of this. I was a bit hesitant of purchasing because a LOT of people say that the scent simply does not last. For me personally, I put in on at 7:00 this morning and now, 9 hours later, I can still smell it strong. So even if I did take the chance and purchased for myself, it would turn out to be a good investment! As far as the lasting power, I just spray as soon as I get out of the shower, let it dry, and then dress. It may just have to do with your body chemistry as well! So I would reccommend giving Prada Candy a try. Even for the smell alone. Its lovely.

on 2/19/2013 9:50:00 AM

A sophisticated sweet scent, who would have thought! Prada Candy smells like caramelized sugar, its girly and sweet without ever stepping over in the celebrity-scent range. I love it for those days I want to wear something fun and uncomplicated, but still want to feel somehow classic and polished.

on 2/16/2013 3:36:00 AM

Who called this an old lady scent? Some sensory impairment issues there. Old lady scents are heavy florals usually, of which this is the polar opposite.

If anything, the complaint could be that it's too young with it's sweet, childhood candy tone. I loved it but it lacks lastig power and at it's price that makes it a no re-order for me. I'd go for Hard Candy which is sweet but lasts.

Watch that cap on it, will drive you made. Remember the whole piece comes up.

on 2/11/2013 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't get the yummy gourmand notes from this scent. What really stands out after wearing it for over an hour are the powdery and floral notes. It smells really similar on my skin to Emporio Armani She. It's a softly floral, powdery Oriental... not really my style. There is one sweeter vanilla note that stands out, which I think is the benzoin.

Overall, Candy is too powdery on me, which makes it smell a bit "old lady." But it's a soft, inoffensive scent otherwise. It's not the sort of perfume that will enter a room before its wearer, nor is it terribly unique. I do think the bottle is gorgeous, though. I'd love to have this sitting on my vanity. Even the samples of this scent are beautifully packaged.

on 2/6/2013 3:52:00 PM

i love the smell but it doesn't last AT ALL!!! It's gone an hour after i spray it. very disappointing. :(

Popular Fragrances