Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 3/5/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

This product is not full coverage and it looks cakey on the skin. It sits on the skin with or without primer. At first it appears to blend nicely but when you look in the mirror up close it sits on the skin. It does not look natural at all. Just not a fan of this product. I've had better foundation. I would not repurchase this item by Tarte.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOVE this stuff. I`m a bit taken back by the lack of positive reviews. The `full-coverage`part I can understand, indeed it is more medium coverage. Nonetheless, I still really like this product. I am an acne-prone, normal-combination skinned girl with *very* sensitive skin. When it comes to my skin and body, if it`s not one thing, it`s another. I tell you, I almost feel as if this foundation makes my skin BETTER--it controls oil without it feeling like it`s TRYING to suppress oil, leaves a beautiful demi-matte finish on the skin, and most importantly, is very NATURAL looking. So it seems as of currently you really can`t have the best of both worlds--`natural`and `full-coverage`don`t mix from my experience. BUT this still blends wonderfully over my acne scars, enough on the harshest patches and redness so it feels like people aren`t looking at my acne. One day, I left for work without powdering, and, as I sort of expected, my face still looked almost the exact same when I got home WOW! And I work in fast food, so that is saying something...
Overall, this is some lovely stuff, and worth the price if you aren`t having it with the acne scars, super sensitive skin, and looking unnatural via cakey makeup. One lippie off because it is not really full-coverage, and I can understand the frustration people may have with this.

on 3/4/2015 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing foundation! its a velvety satin finish I love! its full coverage dont cling on my dry patches .

on 3/3/2015 7:20:00 PM

Although I love the way this foundation wears on me for the first couple hours of the day, it completely cakes on my face and settles into my lines. I've tried using water based primers with this water based foundation while also setting it with setting spray and it continues to break down. Not the best foundation for oily skin at all.

on 3/1/2015 10:11:00 PM

I heard such great reviews on this foundation from everyone and I don't want to bash it, because I'm sure it works for a lot of people, but if you have combination skin with dry patches like me it might not work for you. It went on very dry and settled Into my dry patches almost instantly. It looked okay for about 2 hours into wearing it but after that it cakes up and looks awful. Definitely full coverage, but not 12 hour wear at all. I really wanted to love this item but sadly with problematic skin it just didn't work for me

I just was recommended this product by an Ulta worker last night. I am auditioning for Disney World next week and wanted a very natural looking foundation that would hide any imperfections as well as making me look glowy and beautiful. I think ive found the one! I am the shade Light Neutral ( which is for light skin with yellow and pink undertones). Their color selection is incredible, as I almost never find a foundation that matches my skin. I almost always end up pale white or orange! This gives me the flawless natural skin of my dreams. I am acne prone and this stuff is amazing for oily skin! It has a creamy yet matte texture that smooths out any fine lines or pores. It is a bit pricey, I got it for $38.00, but it is well worth the money!

on 2/28/2015 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

applied real easy and smooth on my face. velvety, satiny finish

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I look for foundations that are formulated for sensitive skin as almost all of them break me out in either acne or hives. I really loved this foundation. I used for it for a long time. It's easy to blend and the color matched me perfectly. I plan to repurchase this in the future.

on 2/26/2015 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have nothing negative to say about this foundation or this brand (Tarte). It's my Holy Grail foundation. I have everything from Tarte and the long lasting products suits me just fine! I go crazy when Tarte has it's Friends & Family sale (30% off). I stock enough for the year. The Amazonian Clay is amaze balls! Keeps my combination skin from shining and gives me a naturally made-up look. I only blot once and that's because I'm paranoid. No cake face! I highly recommend all things Tarte!

on 2/22/2015 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I REALLY wanted to love this foundation when I bought it. I LOVED the color (it matched my skin tone perfectly!) right away and was very hopeful I had found "the one!" Its coverage wasn't super stellar so I tried to build it up to the level of coverage I needed.... Well, it wasn't very buildable on my skin without it looking somewhat cakey and never seemed to really dry. It was very soft on my skin but I felt like I was wearing lots of makeup all day.

I have combination skin so my t-zone can get pretty oily during the day. The foundation broke down quite a bit during the day which wasn't a huge deal for me since I usually reapply makeup in my t-zone while at work. However, the reapply looked pretty bad and it continued to look worse over the day. I also found that this settles into my expression marks and pores throughout the day and makes them more noticeable. I used this product for about two weeks before throwing in the towel.

Overall, I think it's a good product but didn't jive well with my skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom