Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 1/19/2015 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been wanting to try a high end foundation, so I asked someone at Sephora about foundations suitable for oily skin. I was recommended this one, and I was color matched to the shade Light Sand. I got a sample and tried it off and on whenever I needed something with higher coverage. I apply this with my fingers and it blends perfectly into my skin. It's not super thick like the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation, which is my favorite drugstore foundation. However, the Tarte foundation did hold up pretty well with my super oily skin. It's not 100% humidity proof, but I was satisfied, and it didn't break me out, either.

I just bought the full size, and I can say that it's worth the $38. I won't be using this all the time, but if I need high coverage with a non-shiny finish, I will definitely be reaching for this foundation.

on 1/18/2015 12:10:00 PM

I live in a province in canada with an insane tax rate so i got this for 60$ and it is worth every penny.i have pretty oily skin but my nose and inbetween my eyebrows can get flaky but still oily lol and it doesnt cling on to those flaky patches. Its a nice demi matte finish and its blends so well with a beautyblender and the f80. Its on the thicker side but feels so lightweight.

on 1/17/2015 11:33:00 PM

I fell in love with this foundation the second I put it on. My skin looked amazing and I felt radiant with it on. I have pretty smooth, oily skin. I used a brush to apply, and it went on evenly, not streaky. The formula is nice, actually clay like, not too liquidly, not too thick. No overbearing smell either. I really like the easy squeeze packaging. My foundation has lasted a crazy long time, even after an intense nap and no primer. I even noticed my blush and highlight seemed more vibrant somehow. I will definitely repurchase.

on 1/15/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation has changed my life- it is the only foundation that stays on my 67-year-old skin. Everything else just disappears no matter what! (Where to I have never figured out.)
Also, I find this foundation to be very calming to my usually acutely sensitive, easily irritated, previously frequently itchy and reddened skin.
It is an expensive initial purchase but a little goes a long way, and I do not need to touch up during the day which saves all around.
Very happy I gave this unusual product a chance

on 1/14/2015 7:51:00 PM

This foundation is INCREDIBLY smooth to apply...it felt like silk on my skin, and blended beautifully, didn't dry me out or accentuate flakes.

Unfortunately I can't speak to how well it lasts over time, because the palest shade was still too dark and too yellow for my NW05 skintone. It would probably match an NC10-15 well, though. I would highly recommend for those skintones.

on 1/13/2015 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I went into Ulta expecting to buy It CC cream but couldn't find anything close to a match. I picked this up simply because it's in a tube and I found my shade. Expectations were low and I almost returned it when I read some of the reviews here. Fortunately, one reviewer mentioned adding moisturizer to it and that's how I started. All told, I use this 3 ways:

1. As a tinted moisturizer: mixed with moisturizer and slathered on. Evens out the skin tone and provides a good base for powder foundation. I'm still working on the perfect ratio of moisturizer to foundation but will probably use it this way during the heat of summer.

2. Using the Gossmakeupartist makeup trick where powder is dusted on before foundation. I wore this for a full week, the whole time expecting my skin to flake or for dry patches to appear because the makeup sets so completely to a dry, satin finish but it never happened. I use an orangey powder to correct dark areas on the powder layer before I apply the foundation with a Beauty Blender. Pore concealing, bullet-proof coverage.

3. Mixed with an illuminator (Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid or Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector*) and applied with a Beauty Blender. LOVE the finish, which is like your-skin-but-better, especially with Becca Opal. This is my current 10 minute face routine. Love it.

It is thick and can be built up to full on cakeface. However, dab it on in layers with a damp sponge and you've got skin. I use this the same way I use Cover FX, which is to apply it as a concealer first, then do my makeup layer with the BB. Applied the normal way (foundation then powder) it does not disguise my gi-normous pores completely but a dusting of loose setting powder, with or without a primer, does blur them quite satisfactorily. During the day I use blotting sheets for my t-zone and touch up any skimpy areas with my Cover FX compact. This foundation is a keeper.

*Regretfully, I am returning Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector after reading the ingredients and finding parabens, mineral oil and petrolatum. Unbelievable for a premium European product... Anyway the Stila illuminator in the bronze color complements my skin beautifully and I will continue to use it.

on 1/12/2015 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I went through 2 tubes of this. The shade was spot on, and the lasting power was decent. It did not irritate my skin. So what's the problem?

It was too natural looking! I know alot of people want to achieve a natural look, and so do I (usually). However, I prefer for my foundation to enhance my skin, make it look healthier and more vibrant than it really is. This product just sat on my skin, like a well made cloak. It looked like regular skin, rather than the perfection that other make ups help you achieve.When I spend $40 on foundation it should make my skin look better than it is. Since this product did not achieve the made up look I sought, I will not continue to purchase.

on 1/9/2015 2:09:00 AM

I had heard so many mixed reviews about this product but decided to give it a go away.

Honestly this has been literally the worst foundation I've ever tried. I think youd need literally FLAWLESS oily skin in order for this foundation to do you good. I put this on and instantly washed it off!! The foundation just sat on my skin and left a cracked texture .. Yuck. Literally stuck to every flaw (especially any dry spots) and stuck them out for the world to see

I have the power foundation and love it but this one has got to be one of the worst for me :/

on 1/8/2015 6:07:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

Since I'm just finishing my first tube of this foundation, I thought it was a good time to write a review. Even though I see there have been over 500 already. I read a bunch of the other reviews the other day and it seemed one of the complaints about this foundation was that it is so thick--almost too thick. What's funny is that I thought so too and had been mixing it with a thinner foundation for easier application. So for the fun of it I decided to try using this just by itself. Although I always use a primer. I applied it with my favorite foundation brush--Sigma's F80. What I noticed right away is that it does take considerably longer to blend into the skin than a lot of foundations I've tried. I think the warmth of your skin and the extra blending are necessary. But the end result is beautiful. I don't find it to be mask-like. Pretty close to a matte finish. I still use just a tiny bit of concealer in the middle of my face where I have redness that is hard to cover. Then I use a setting powder lightly over the whole thing. Gorgeous. Very good lasting power on my combination skin.

I know that foundation is really an individual thing, but if you like a full coverage foundation this a great one to try.

on 1/6/2015 9:59:00 PM

I had gone into Sephora to get color matched to a foundation (I am extremely fair), and when this popped up, I got excited. This foundation is very popular, so I was excited to see it would work for me. I instantly bought it. Now, I can't decide if I should return it for a different foundation or keep it and just deal with it. I really wanted to like this foundation, but there was NO coverage whatsoever. I felt like I was putting an extremely thick BB cream on my face. I tried different brushes, my beauty blender, but nothing worked. Yes, a little goes a long way, but this foundation is so thick, I feel like it clogs all my pores. I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin. While it didn't irritate my skin, it didn't last long on my face. And the color match? It turned orange on my skin by the second use. So much for looking great in the store.

To summarize, I would not repurchase this and I would not recommend it to a friend. Contemplating returning it to Sephora to try something else.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown