April 19, 2014 | 1118 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - master drama eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by labu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hah, I read the reviews of other ladies complaining of the twist-up pencil not working, and thought they were just really unlucky. I bought one of these in the color brown, excited about the reviews saying the colors of these pencils were great and didn't sting sensitive eyes. Wish I would have had a chance to try it out... it wouldn't twist up! I twisted and twisted in both directions, but it seemed to be stuck. I had to resort to pulling the thing apart and manually pushing the product up, but then it wouldn't go back down, eventually bending and breaking off altogether. It didn't last 2 minutes. Silly me, didn't save the receipt, but thought I'd be generous and give this thing another shot. On my next trip to the drugstore I grabbed another, only to open it and discover IT DIDN'T TWIST EITHER. I twisted away in both directions and got tired of it, putting the cap back on and sitting on my bed, twisting some more and thinking about when I'd get the chance to return the thing... ah, yes, kept my receipt this time. I opened the cap just for fun again and found that as I was twisting it with the cap on, some had actually come out! Too much for using, though, so I tried to twist it back in, but nope, wouldn't budge. I DON'T LIKE PLAYING GAMES WITH MY EYELINERS.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually bought this on accident at ULTA when I was looking for the new maybelline pen because I usually like a thin line, so when I got home and realized my mistake I figured I'd hate this, but it's really good! I have it in midnight master which is VERY black,which actually isn't very good for me cause I'm really pale but I know most people prefer a dark black. The formula glides on nicely without tugging at your eyelids and gives a pretty thick line. The only problem with it is that it smudges like crazy and unfortunatly for me thats a deal breaker.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a review on the color VIBRANT VIOLET. I don't like this! It does stay on my waterline well but the color doesnt go on my waterline easily. I have to run it across a million times to get any pigmentation and I just don't have the patience for that. This also isnt the type of purple I wanted. Its good to line my upper lash line and it stays put and it goes on creamy but something about this color is very hard to show up on my waterline. I will try midnight master in this eyeliner!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by kristen0889

This eyeliner is great for the water line and tight line. It glides on pretty effortlessly, even if the water line is a little watery. With other eyeliners that were too waxy and dry I would have to run a Q-tip back and forth on my water line and tight line and it was still hard to get any color pay off. The masterdrama pencil is much creamier and doesn't seem to dry out nearly as bad as other pencils. The lasting power isn't bad but isn't great. My all time favorite pencil, the endless silky eye pen by pixi, dries completely on the waterline and does not budge, where as this one stays creamy and doesn't seem to dry completely. I have to reapply to my waterline after a few hours, which isn't a hassle since its so easy, but if I forget to throw it in my purse before going out I'm pretty much out of luck. But it still has much better lasting power than most pencils. Overall I would definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by vampirekisses25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeliner it stays put on my waterline through out the day. Give it a try you might like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by MaddieMCR

Black eyeliner is part of my everyday routine, and having tried several different brands, this is definitely my favorite so far. It's very pigmented and goes on smoothly, there's no drag whatsoever. It seems to set up nicely so it won't smudge too badly throughout the day.
Some of my only complaints would be that, since it is very soft, it smudges a bit when I first put it on. Also, it goes dull very quickly, making it difficult to draw uniform straight lines on my upper lash line. I thought the beauty of this was that I wouldn't need to sharpen it (it's a twist-up pencil), but I've noticed that sometimes it simply WILL NOT twist up!! It doesn't happen every time, but it can get frustrating.
One thing that really impressed me, though, was that after an hour and a half of swimming, I still had a considerable amount of eyeliner on, and it wasn't smudged all over my face. Perhaps I just got lucky, but I was really, really impressed.
Overall, I would definitely buy this eyeliner again. Looking past the quirks with the temperamental twist-up packaging, it really is a great, affordable eyeliner with amazing color payoff.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Fritosk

I wanted to try this eyeliner because I have heard so much about it!! So I tried it and I really liked the fact that it was creamy and easy to work with. I have it in Midnight Master which is the black. It smudges on the water line but I think its because my eyes are really watery. I love it on the top lash line on my lid. The thing I hate most about this product is the packaging! If you twist the product up its a pain to get down so be careful don't twist the product all the way up. It takes me forever trying to work the twister to get the product out. Other than that I love this eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by mantharay27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried a whole lot of eyeliners out there, mostly because they last me forever. I tried this one out because everyone has been raving about it, which makes me want to see what the hype is all about.

First of all, it's so creamy. It glides on really nicely. The Maybelline Define-A-Line does too, but unlike that one, the Master Drama actually sets and stays. On my waterline, it does smudge a little bit, but not much.

Second, the packaging drives me nuts. I had to keep buying and returning until I found one that would actually twist up. Even the one I have now is kind of... eh. It goes up a little bit, I'm hoping it's not completely bad. I'm just sick of the CVS employees that give me weird looks, I'm sure they're sick of me too. Also, I wish it had a built in sharpener (maybe it does and I didn't see it?) because it got dull pretty fast, making it harder to get a thin line on the upper lash line. Personally, I prefer the pencil/sharpen thing... the wood kind, not the ones with the plastic casing. But that's just my preference.

Overall, I probably wouldn't buy it again. Depending on where you get it, it's not that cheap. If you go by how much product you get vs the price, I believe the UD 24/7 pencils are actually cheaper. For waterline and tightline as well as a really creamy formula, this is definitely a good one, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by xapplex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Best eyeliner I've ever tried! It's very soft and draws a perfectly smooth line. For me, it doesn't smudge at all and truly lasts 24 hours (yep, I tried it). It's very pigmented, which I like. I've tried many high-end eyeliners and this one beats them all. For the record, I don't wear eyeliner on the waterline but only on my upper- and lower lashline..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by wynterandkaylinsmommy123

I have a love hate realationship with this eyeliner. I have this in coal commander.
Reasons I love it:
* it goes on so smoothly
* light weight. Doesnt feel like i have gunk on my eyes
* beautiful blue black
Reasons i hate it:
* it smudges within an hour due to my oily eyelids
And thats the only reason i hate it so i will be repurchasing this