BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Thank God I didn't pay full price for this mascara. It definitely is not worth it. I received a smaller version in my Birchbox and have been trying it out for about a week now. It does separate your lashes, and yes may add a little volume but that is where it ends. After a work day, I noticed where it has flaked, and smeared on my upper lid. And even worse, my lashes have been coming out more with this mascara than even the cheap NYC brands. The term "you get what you pay for" isn't always true as in this case. Save your money. There are better drugstore brands that perform better than this.

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I like the way it separates my lashes. The wand is great, it gets to the inner corner lashes. There's no smudging and it lengthens my lashes. my only complaint: it doesn't much for volume

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I've seen a lot of hype about this product and I was just entirely underwhelmed by it. I want my mascara to do it all, without smudging or getting all over my face, and They're Real just didn't do it for me. The formula is too wet for my preference and the applicator is mildly terrifying - every time I use it, it takes me forever to apply because I'm busy trying to not stab myself in the eye with the wand. With a couple of coats the result is pretty good, but nothing mind blowing or fantastic. I don't mind spending the money on a high-end mascara if it preforms well, but I feel like there are better (less dangerous) products available at the drugstore.

I really love this product simply for the brush. I am a strong believer most the time in not buying high end mascaras just because I find no point when drug store mascaras work just as great for way less.

The reasoning for a lower rating is because although I love the brush and the mascara works great, for me this mascara dries out soo quickly for me. I have others that last me until I need to get new ones and this one usually dries out within a month!

Benefit is a great brand but I don't see myself repurchasing this mascara anytime soon.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mascara gives ALOT of drama to your lashes! I LOVE the look it gives! The only reason I gave it an overall score of 4, is because it flakes under my eyes, smudges a little, and sometimes I can feel it in my eye. I do think this mascara is AMAZING, but I would expect it to be perfect by the end of the day, considering the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There was a great hype with this and i bought the sample size to try it out since the regular one was quite pricey.

It tried on a few methods of applying :

1) my usual method which is two coats - It works fine like so , nothing special but my lashes aren't as curly like the maybeline one.

2) the method taught by benefit's - it was SOOOO clumpy and my lashes looked like the legs of spiders but if this is the look you want the achieve then this is the product for you.

I've got weak, flat and short eyelashes so I really can't achieve that "super-dramatic" look without putting the falsies (which I can't bother doing). But, this mascara gives a really nice look to my lashes making them curly, non-sticking to each other and voluminous without looking heavy and clumpy.

On the downside is the hefty price tag. Yes, the product is nice but you can achieve this look with L'Oreal wing mascara or even manga for half of the price. Next time will purchase YSL Babydoll to give one more shot to high-end mascaras, if that doesnt do, then I'll be back to my L'Oreal and suck up the fact that my lashes can be extended only so much as mother nature allows ;)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This mascara is the most of spent on mascara, but I love it. I have pretty average eyelashes, but this mascara really makes them pop.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The formula of this product is VERY wet and stringy like and doesn't seem to be fast drying as it does actually take some time to dry. Not a fan at all. Bought a few weeks ago and will not be using as it does smudge. I ordered the full size one and with in the first time of trying the cap of the top (wand part) completely broke off, no idea why this happened. Such a shame as I love other Benefit products.

I registered here, just to steam off my dissatisfaction with this product.
The name is very precise, because after applying mascara, it looks like my everyday lashes - no volume, no lenght added. As the price is not small, I must say, that the price/performance is very poor. Never again.

Popular Mascaras