April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by xshirleyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't tend to use mascara often as my Asian lashes aren't the best to use mascara on. However, as my lashes are pretty long for an Asian, this product has indeed put emphasis on my lashes.

Overall Pros:
- Great packaging!
- Does a pretty decent job on an Asian
- Defs one of my favourite mascaras, despite the fact I don't use it often
- The wand is wicked! Love the fact that you can use it to separate clumps (only when done properly though, I remember when I first used it, I made clumps worse)

Overall Cons:
- I swear, everything is expensive in Sydney. I bought it for $38 at Myer, when you can get it for a much lower price of $23 in the US

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:10:00 AM More reviews by blushingrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I put yes I would buy this again but I'm not so sure. I first tried this in the trial size as a bday gift from sephora last year. I took this with me on a trip I took to the south last year in the middle of july..so this really tested the longevity.

For reference my lashes are not long..probably average length with a little curl and more thin than thick. When I put this on I was blown away. I always do two coats
no matter the mascara....this made my lashes long and thick. Very dramatic for daytime which I love.

I ran to ulta to get the full size knowing it would be the same result. The full size effect was not the same. My lashes still looked nice but not as dramatic as when I had the sample. I have used that entire tube so my review covers the effect I got over several months. The more I used it and the older the formula got the less I was impressed. Honestly I had to layer with cover girl clump crusher to get that same effect from the sample.

hopefully this review helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by ashleymayf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The cult-obsession over this mascara is well-deserved. It's my ideal mascara, it's a rich black, which builds amazing length AND volume AND holds a wicked curl AND lasts all day (yes. finally. all of them in one). While it's not marketed as waterproof, you'll want some serious makeup remover to take this off, because it doesn't like to budge. I didn't think this would live up to the ridiculous hype and it totally did. Only con is the price, but I'd happily pay it for the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I'm just now discovering this tube of awesomeness!:)) Shame on me for not trying it sooner.

"They're Real" was recommended to me by a good friend of mine whose makeup choices are always on point and has the most amazing lashes..I've never been one to spend more then $10 on mascara, but based on her recommendation I bought it.

I have wimpy, thin lashes that are brown/black in color and most mascaras don't do enough for me as I need a lot of help in the lengthening and thickening department; the only thing I have going for me is that my lashes have a natural curl to them. Enter Benefit's They're Real Mascara...a highly pigmented, jet-black mascara that takes my eye lashes to the extreme, just 3 coats and it looks like I have on falsies, no joke! No flakes or raccoon eyes here so I'm ecstatic about that too.

The formula is more "wet" than most, but I like that about it as it leads to a more dramatic and intense application and it has a synthetic fiber brush with a sphere-like extension on the end to help get every little lash (even those itty bitty ones in your inner corners). I have zero complaints about the brush and the final result, my only gripe is that this mascara is a pain in butt to remove; most products come off easily with equate eye makeup remover wipes for me, but not his one...I have to do the additional step of wiping the remains of it off with olive or coconut oil. I don't mind doing this as I think I found a new HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by ShellyD11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! I can't get over how it holds the curl all day! It gives my lashes the perfect amount of volume and length. Also no raccoon eyes by the end of the day, which is a big plus. One of the best mascaras out there right now. Can't understand why the rating is so low.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Katcolee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A great mascara, one of my favourites. It's gives the perfect amount of volume and length and lasts all day. Can't really fault if apart from the fact that's it's soo expensive. Can't really afford it. Don't see the point when drugstore ones can do the same. Still love it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Leahapril21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

The best mascara I have ever bought. I found it so hard to find a mascara that not only gave your eyelashes volume and incredible length, but this also stops them from getting all clumpy too! I know this product has been hyped up an awful lot but it really does live up to its name. I have bought this product numerous times and it is well worth the money!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by cassiealexa

Im not big on mascara just because my lashes are literally pathetic. They dont hold a curl, grow straight with no natural curl, grow straight downwards, and are so so thin and sparse (the asian in me i suppose lol). I always use Maybellines falsies waterproof to hold the curl, so i put this on top of the falsies mascara and it worked awesome! Great length, thickness, not flaky, and great finish. If my lashes werent so stubborn itd probably work wonders. also love using this for my bottom lashes because the tip of the brush has bristles on it as well so i can really reach all my tiny bottom lashes and in the outer corners of mt eyes when i have my top false lashes on. Great mascara. beautiful packaging, as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by butterscotchsunday

This is a fantastic mascara for me. The formula is long lasting and it hardly ever crumbles (which is usually a problem for me, no matter how great the mascara is). It really works for my lashes, giving them both a bit of length and volume. I also like that it's buildable, which means I can put on a little in the mornings and just slap on more on top of it if I'm going out later.

My only problem is that it's a bit of a pain to remove. I use Bioderma Crealine H2O for make up removal (which is amazing btw!), but the mascara takes forever to come off anyway. This could become a deal breaker for me eventually, but so far I've put up with it.

Despite this AND the fact that I'm not particularly brand loyal when it comes to mascara, I could definitely reconsider buying this again though due to how good it looks and the low-to-no crumbling tendencies.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by sbhonda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Overall, this mascara just hasn't worked out for me. I really like how it looks when it's applied, but my lashes always end up sticking together and that drives me crazy. It makes this mascara virtually unwearable for me.

But if you don't have a problem with that, this mascara can make your lashes look great.