Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

on 5/19/2013 2:42:00 PM

Love love love. The only mascara I've ever repurchased. Long fluttery eyelashes with out clumping or spiders

on 5/18/2013 6:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This is my HG mascara. I cannot leave my house without mascara so I have tried quite a few since I am basically a mascara junkie! I like this flared version better than the regular one because of the brush. I feel like it works better for me. I have fairly long lashes and I just need something to give me some volume. This mascara applies easily, the formula is very wet. I think the best way to use this is to apply ONE very good coat. Take your time applying the coat and get it right the first time. I think if you try to apply more coats, it may get a little clumpy. I also throw this out as soon as it shows signs of drying out, because it definitely gets clumpy then. I'm on my 4th or 5th tube already!

on 5/13/2013 10:42:00 AM

Gives long looking lashes. Does not really add a ton of volume.

on 5/8/2013 8:39:00 PM

What can I say? I'm a mascara junkie addicted to Maybelline

Price: $7 CAD
Formula: wet, not really goopy
Length: very buildable; falsies effect
Volume: after 4-5 coats, dramatic
Wear time: all day

Even the original formula is slightly waterproof, as in, it won't smudge into raccoon messiness upon contact with water. Very black and not so much your no-makeup look type, if you're into that type.
As the formula is wet, let it dry overnight or two for maximum effect.

on 5/3/2013 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This isn't bad but it's not great either. Just ok. It keeps the curl but doesn't volumise or add much impact, and I find the brush too big and awkward. I wouldn't buy it again.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Maybelline always seem to have awesome mascaras. They are great value for money, and are by far better than some of the more expensive ones I have tried.
I recently bought the Volume Express The Falsies, Flared after my original The Falsies mascara ran out. The Flared version is even better in my opinion, it still goes on nicely and doesn't clump, but it looks a lot more natural. It barely looks like I am wearing any mascara, and yet my eyelashes look fantastic.
Added bonus is that it is easy to remove and I don't wake up with it smeared all over my face. It might not be the most awesome mascara out there, and I do have naturally long, full lashes so that probably helps a lot. But for the price, I have to say, I love this mascara!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This mascara did not work for me. The mascara does not apply evenly, leaving me with clumpy lashes. My worst problem with this mascara is that it flakes through out the day. After about a week of using it, I threw it out.

on 4/23/2013 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I really like this. But I really like the huge brushes in mascara, ie Revlon Grow Lucious, which no one else seems to care for.

Very volumising, and does what it says it will, flares out lashes. I'm not huge on the curved brush, but its not difficult to work with...cough cough, I'm looking at you Colossal Cat Eyes.

I say try it if you like big brushes. Minimal fall out and great mascara.

on 4/8/2013 12:06:00 AM

I didnt like this at first because im used to straight mascara brushes. This works for my lashes. I've never owned any curved brushes before and glad that the curved side hugs and gives my medium length lashes a lift. I get alot of length and some volume. For the price of $5.04 + tax and formula I would definitely repurchase!

I thought I really liked this product, but after a while of usage I have decided that I do not. After one coat it clumps pretty easily and it will only extend your lashes to a minimum. Not bad, but not the best.

Popular Mascaras