April 17, 2014 | 1567 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum Express The Falsies Flared

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by irene0710

So far this product is pretty good, i love the length it gives but it clumps up way to much especially at the ends. I like mascara's that give you a long natural look but this product shows, it's obvious you packed on layers of mascara even if you didn't.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by rebeccaaxoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely loved this mascara when I first got it as it gave me great length and volume, but after what didn't seem long it started to flake horribly on me! Right after I applied it I would have to take a tissue and rub off all the little black specks of mascara and I'd be constantly paranoid and wiping under my eyes all day in case I had more flaking. It's a great mascara I just wish it lasted longer before it started to flake.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Itsallascam

Okay so I bought this mascara on a whim because although I know no mascara will truly give me a false lash effect the name did intrigue me. The package is similar to the covergirl lashblast mascaras which in my opinion look a little cheap. The brush consists of a scooped brush presumably ment to give you the flared look but in my experience don't work any better then a straight brush. The bristles were the regular soft type which now that I have tried the hard silicone type bristled mascara I tend to steer clear of due to the fact that they aren't very good at combing out lashes, and this mascara was no exception. The first coat provided your run of the mill natural mascara look, the second coat provided a bit more volume but if your like me and put up to 3 coats of mascara of on forget it. By the 2nd coat the bristles wouldn't go through my lashes properly whether or not I waited for the mascara to dry between coats and unsightly clumping developed. I found my lashes a bit dry and as the day went on and I noticed a small amount of flaking. Unless you were a preteen trying out mascara for the first time I wouldn't recommend this mascara as it doesn't give much drama at all to my lashes. I'm still on my search for my HG mascara (Which I later found in l'oreals voluminous million lashes mascara in the waterproof version. Highly recommended.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Couldn't get this to work for me at all. The formula was too wet when applying, so it clumped and smudged everywhere. Once it was dry it made my lashes look very spidery and stuck together, and after a few hours of wear it started flaking in my eyes. I didn't like the brush, either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This one by far is the best mascara I have ever used, I've tried expensive to the cheap, all around they are all clumpy and don't do anything, this one has worked the best for me, instantly longer and love the angle of the brush...best of the worst I guess....as I have not found my HG mascara, until then, this one will do... :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Flakiisz1o0

Pros: I love the mascara it makes my eyelashes look very full and full of volume. When I layer the mascara it does not clump at all! It layers pretty nicely and the more I layer the more I get the false lash effect. I am very lazy and always skip curling my lashes, and with this mascara I don't need to curl them because I get a curled effect. Love it!

Cons:It flakes sometimes when applying it so I have to just brush it off with my powder brush. Throughout the day I also notice some flaking. It is also not very lasting because by the end of the day, my lashes do not look as curled as they did when first applied.
For more product reviews please visit flakaliciouss.blogspot.com

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This had potential. The shape of the wand separates my lashes nicely and it doesn't seem to clump much when applied. Unfortunately, after about 3-4 hours of wear, it flakes off. I end up with black specks under my eyes and it falls in my eyes, making them sting and water. It also has a noticeable smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by holbarz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

More than anything, it smells awful and it's a strong smell too. Also it clumps and doesn't do much to curl the lashes. I have had cheaper mascaras that have worked much better. For just under £8, it was a real rip off.

Would I buy it again, NO WAY.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by aeb5042

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the brush applicator in this mascara; however I donít think it fits well with the formula. The formula seems to cause major clumping and smells horrendous. I have a few lashes that are just growing in, and this mascara does not blend them in, only makes the short lashes more noticeable. Donít let the clever marketing of this product fool you!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fantastic drugstore mascara. Definetly my fave one by Maybelline (I have a few others). This is the one I find myself reaching for quite often. It doesn't give me racoon eyes, it's easy to apply. Because the brush is bends in all the right places. You can basically shape your lashes up and out with this brush. It doesn't exactly make them flare or fan out but it didn't give me stick straight lashes either. i wasn't expecting flared out feathery lashes like the models have in the Maybelline ads. It gives me volume but is only mediocre for length. My lashes are long to begin with but this did help increase the curl and volume in my straight lashes when I curled them.
This mascara is easily buildable, too. I can apply more than 2 coats and it looks dramatic enough without looking like a drag queen. It's a drier mascara (which I like) and holds the curl very well, even after having it on for more than 8 hours it's still holding the curl. No flakes, minimal fall out.
It does have a slight smell (like roses?) but it didn't aggrevate my sensitive eyes.I really wish companies would do away with having a scent to their mascaras!? whats the point!??
I had purchashed the Falsies satin black mascara before and decided to buy this one instead after the satin black one dried out quickly. I have to say I like this version a lot better.
I find myself reaching for this mascara when I need to add a bit of volume/ drama to regular mascaras.
It didn't give me false looking lashes but it sure beats a lot of the more expensive brands I have tried that claim to give the false look -- Benefit's They're Real.

If you just want a mascara that is easy to apply and gives you volume, hold and curl without spending tons of money, give this one a try. You may become addicted to the Volum Express mascaras like I have!