April 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by ericaurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this as my morning cleanser. I love this stuff! I wouldn't say it's more harsh than the Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser (my nighttime cleanser), but I can definitely feel that it's not as calming. My face feels firm after I use it, not as dramatically as other cleansers might though. All I need are 2 pumps and I'm good to go. Controls my oil for at least 3 hours, which is a huge deal for my skin. Keeps acne at bay.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Jojojoanneee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a pretty good product for me. It didn't make me break-out which is a major plus but it didn't help with my pimples much so I took off one lippy. I've used this for 6 months but then switched to Kiehl's and then did some research and realized Aveeno does animal testing and that took off another lippy. Overall, it was a good product but I will definitely not be repurchasing because I don't support animal testing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 4:55:00 PM More reviews by ProductPerfectionist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best face wash I have ever used! I have acne-prone skin, mainly with cystic acne and a field of blackheads (how fortunate) which leaves my skin red and blotchy. This is the only face wash that I can use and not feel the need to put on foundation/tinted moisturizer. It smells amazing, makes my skin feel like velvet! It doesn't provoke a break, or create build up. I love, love this! I have been through many face washes, but this is my go to! The lotion is amazing as well, I follow it up every time. This is the base of my skin, but i also exfoliate twice a week and use a benzoyl peroxide cream layer once a week as well.

I would be DEVASTATED if this was discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by xxsunbeambabyxx

I love, love, love this cleanser. I have sensitive skin with a mix of oily and dry patches. This cleanser prevents breakouts from my oily spots and is gentle on my non-oily spots. I have never had to worry about it drying my skin (except for when I started using the lotion with the cleanser.. that was too much for my skin to handle). However, this product overall completely helps prevent breakouts and leaves the rest of my skin feeling clean!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by opal12345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very very oily skin and break out quite frequently. Every other cleanser I'd tried just made things worse. I've tried clean n clear, neutrogena, avon, all sorts of stuff. But within a couple days of using this cleanser, my break outs started going away. I was getting fewer and fewer pimples using this in the morning and at night. Now my skin is nearly clear! I love this stuff! Can't live without it.

This is THE BEST cleanser I've ever used.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Sunbabe684

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think you either love Aveeno or you don't. I don't. I started using the face wash and day lotion in college because all my friends were, and they all really liked it. I don't typically have acne, but Aveeno anything will make me break out in a matter of hours. Try it if you're curious, but if it's been a few weeks and you don't like your skin know that you're not alone!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2011 1:54:00 AM More reviews by NQseraphina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I quite like this cleanser. It smells slightly strong, but then again, a lot of cleansers that promise to treat your acne have that slight chemical-y smell. I like the consistency of it, and after using it twice a day for a few months ago, I have noticed my skin has been behaving much better compared to before (I'd get the occasional break-out with 3-4 big pimples dotted around my face or multiple patches of smaller dots). My complexion seems a lot more even, and my skin feels nice and soft after I clean my face. It stung a little bit the very time I used it but has since subsided after my skin has adjusted to the salicylic acid (only 0.5% in this cleanser). As far as cleansers go, this one does its job. I would re-purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lilkrnxangel420

I switched to this first from Proactive that I had used for over 8 years. Although Proactive cleared out my skin and made it very soft, I broke out a lot all over my face two weeks before my period, so I had two weeks of clear skin every month. Then I switched to the body shop which broke me out SOOOO BAD! it left me scars. Then I switched to this. It cleared my skin SO WELL! and I didn't break out as much before my period. I love this foaming cleanser and will purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by perandshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this cleanser years ago and liked it. then I went on and tried many mid-high end cleansers. i thought they were Okay. I decided to save $$ and bought Aveeno Clear Complexion again.
To my surprise it still works great! the rich&smooth foam makes it fun to cleanse and I even like the scent ( normally I don't care for AVEENO's scent ) . My skin is left squeaky clean, bright and soft. I follow with toner and moisturizer, as with all cleansers.
I prefer this cleanser over Shiseido, Clinique, Clarins, Murad, Philosophy, and Fresh. I am currently also using "Caudalie instant foaming cleanser" which is similar and very pleasant but it doesn't make my skin as bright and soft as Aveeno. I figured it is the salicylic acid doing its trick? i dont have acne but love the cleanser.
I can understand that some find it to be drying. My opinion is that you can follow with a gentle toner, and go for a nice moisturizer/serum. When it comes to cleansing this one certainly gets the job done.
Besides, the price is right. $6.49 plus tax.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2011 6:56:00 AM More reviews by soapandglory93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really despise this cleanser. I bought this because I thought it was natural and gentle. Boy, was I wrong.

I used it a couple times, and it broke me out right away. I had people ask me if I was having an allergic reaction - it looked so bad, apparently they didn't think of acne.

It went away after a little more than a week, because I stopped using it right away. I will never purchase this, nor reccomend it. I think I'll stick to my Lush cleanser - it's a lot more gentle, and I KNOW that it's fresh and organic. Better luck next time.