Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 1/10/2015 2:45:00 PM

I have dry patchy skin that's prone to eczema, especially in the winter, and generally foundation seems to cake and flake after an hour or two, but this works really really well for me. It's a gel formula, so it's basically a liquid but without that powdery feeling when it's dried, once it's on it has a silky texture similar to a primer, this makes it very easy to apply and blend. I only ever use my fingers to apply it, it's always even and it's easy to use it lightly where you don't need it so much and put a bit more on where you feel you need it.

The coverage is light, but it's best suited to dry skin where there's not likely to be a need for high coverage (for instance acne and scarring) so for small patches and blemishes it covers perfectly well.

I use shade 52 (Vanilla) however I think that all of the shades are yellow based. I personally think this works well, dry skin can sometimes be a bit dull and the warmth of this foundation adds to the dewy glow. I am naturally more pink based, and very pale, but this is a really good match for me and warms me up slightly, and makes my dry skin look a bit healthier.

The only downside of this is the lasting power, it claims to be "16 hour" but it really only just lasts the day, even then there's not a lot left, which is why I've only given it 4 lippies. However, it is a soft liquid texture and by nature this just isn't as long lasting, so it's the price we dry skinned girlies need to pay!

Overall, if you have dry skin and want a glowy, dewy, healthy look, this is the best of the bunch, I love it!

on 1/8/2015 5:52:00 AM

Considering how inexpensive this is and how well it works, it`s a great product to have in your make up drawer. It blends very easily and doesn`t show up on skin if you use a sponge or brush, and the color matches my complexion really well. It is too hydrating for day wear in summer for my combination skin and I am also not impressed with the SPF (only 15). I usually pair it with a high SPF primer for daytime wear. It`s a nice foundation to have around. I don`t use it every day because my Koh Gen Do Aqua is much more forgiving to my skin and it gives me a luminosity that Healthy Mix doesn`t. Also it is no longer sold in Japan and I do not trust internet companies.

on 1/5/2015 1:43:00 AM

Average medium coverage. Nothing special to report. Nothing necessarily bad, but nothing special. Nice skin colour match, smells good, average medium coverage. Not nearly as good as revlon colourstay or colourstay whipped creme (my favourite at the moment!).

on 1/3/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation..I wear the lightest 21. I have chanel, dior and all hi priced brands..this holds up to them..next I will try the powder.

on 12/30/2014 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have dry sensitive acne prone skin with normal to oily t-zone.

Pros:
-Sheer to Medium Coverage
-Shade 53 matches perfectly to my NC25-NC30 skin
-Long Wearing
-Dewy/Natural finish (my skin but better)
-Covers blemishes well
-Lightweight and feels like I have nothing on
-Everyday foundation worthy!!
-Definitely would repurchase
-Hydrating and does not accentuate dry patches at all

Cons:
-Scent (Smells very strongly of fruits... does fade once foundation is set)

For reference - NC 25-30/ Diorskin Star 021 Linen/ MUFE HD 118/ MUFE F&B 32/ YSL TE BD50/ Chanel Vitalumiere in 010 Limpide/Dolce and Gabbana Perfect Reveal Lift in 120

on 12/26/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

i have sensitive and acne prone skin. whenever im using a product that is not suitable for my skin, it can get really bad. so i search for various foundations review and came across bubzbeauty's recommendation.. so decided to give this a try.

i love this foundation.. it gives a beautiful dewy finish, kinda give me the healthy glowy korean skin.. no breakout for my acne prone skin. smells nice, last me whole day as well..

on 12/25/2014 5:53:00 AM

I like this , however it can get slightly too oily for my combi skin . It gives me a lovely finish , covers my slight imperfections ( it is not very pigmented), imparts a glow , it is my to go nude skin makeup look . However I find that the pump dispenses too much product . Love the heavy scent of fruits .

on 12/24/2014 11:45:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I've tried this foundation twice and both times I ended up returning it. The coverage was light and the formula is extremely runny and watery. I hate foundation like that. It also is very fragrant which doesn't bother me, but would definitely be too strong for those that are sensitive to smells.

on 12/21/2014 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a really nice foundation, for a light-medium coverage, I usually wear this too school and it lasts all day. It smells so nice off fruit, and doesn't cake up on my face. It can get patchy if you wear it for too long thow.

on 12/19/2014 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

hate this product.
it's patchy, matte (clings to dry patches) and dissapears within a couple hours. when you apply it has a horrible tacky feeling. it would probably work well on people with oily skin.