Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 8/13/2014 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I like this product, but it's not quite perfect for me. The coverage is sheer-light, so I can only use it when I'm having a great skin day with no rosacean flares or acne. It does even out my skintone a bit and has a dewy finish (too dewy for my liking) that can matted out easily with a light dusting of powder. It's very easy to work with - gives me time to distribute before it sets. I apply with my UD Optical Blurring brush for a natural finish, then I go back with my ELDW concealer for any spots/red areas. I'm using shade #51 and it's close to my NC15 warm-undertoned pale skin, though it's slightly too orangey/peachy so it definitely looks like I'm wearing makeup when I have this on. It's slightly too dark for me now (it's summer) so I won't be able to wear it in the dead of winter when I'm NC10. This hasn't caused any breakouts or rosacea so that is a huge plus since I ten to have very sensitive/reactive skin. I love the airless pump dispenser - very hygienic. Thumbs up for this drugstore product which beats out many HE foundations for me.

on 8/8/2014 10:30:00 PM

I am really impressed with this foundation. I was looking for various dupes for my Armani Luminous Silk and decided to try this out. The color selection is limited, yet it seems like a lot of people find it to be a good match. I got #52 Vanille and it matches me perfectly. I am an NW 22 in Mac and a 4.75 in Armani. It last a long time, is very natural looking, and smells delicious. At this price, I couldn't be happier, except it is hard to acquire in the United States. Try it out!

When wearing this foundation I will cleanse my skin as normal and apply a moisturiser or primer before applying the foundation. I use my bare minerals max coverage concealer brush or my fingers and I find both work well.

I'd say this foundation has an overall good coverage and wear time (if paired with powder). However on red patches it takes more of the foundation to cover and you can still see some red through it. But if you apply a concealer over top that works too.

All in all this is a great foundation as long as you apply a primer/moisturiser. Has enough coverage and doesn't cling to dry patches. Also has a slight smell of fruit which for me I like but for some people i know it can be irritable.

on 8/2/2014 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have dry skin so I have some dreadful dry patches. I noticed that the foundation does somewhat catch onto those dry patches but if I moisturize very well then my dry patches will not be visible (but still somewhat). I got mine for $28 at my local drugstore which I find quite expensive however for the quality of the product, it's worth it. It does come with a pump which is a win and the product itself works amazing :) It has a very nice finish (semi-matte) and a very nice smell however it may feel a bit greasy. I do have some blemishes and this foundation doesn't cover it all but it is very lightweight on the skin which is greaaat :))

on 7/30/2014 5:12:00 AM

I use the shade 51 Light Vanilla, and would recommend this foundation specifically to anyone with dry, sensitive skin. With a thin, moisturizing consistency the foundation provides a light-medium coverage depending on how much you build the foundation. I layer the foundation around my T-Zone where I have the most redness, and I can still achieve a natural, light radiant face of makeup that doesn't feel heavy on the skin. The foundation whilst very yellow toned, seems to match to your skin tone after a couple of minutes of wear - and when blush, bronzer and powder have being applied. I would recommend applying powder in oilier areas such as nose, forehead and chin but I don't apply powder on any other areas - and the foundation seems to wear beautifully. My go to foundation at the moment!

I highly recommend this product to those girls who've got skin that's in pretty good condition. :)

on 7/16/2014 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I was looking for an everyday foundation in my shade that would be able to give me the same benefits as a korean bb cream, and I thought that this would fit the bill. The most important thing to me is colour match as I am south east asian, and my skin tone is yellow, I am neutral but leans more on warm than cool.

This is a yellow-neutral foundation, and among the drugstore foundations that I have tried and tested in sunlight this was the closest match. However, despite being more yellow than pink like most western foundation colours, this is a cool yellow tone foundation, so if you're asian and you are "blue tone" this would be great for you. I am not a cool tone asian, and so this was slightly ashy on my skin (for reference of my skin tone look into 'mehron eurasia fair'), but my problem was sorted when I added yellow food colouring to warm it up a bit.

Coverage is not full, which is what I was looking for, it looks absolutely beautiful using Wayne Goss "powder before liquid" method, I can do dance rehearsals in this and not feel suffocated. The coverage is enough to even skin tones but not dark pigmentation, redness is however reduced, which is my main concern.

Packaging is sleek and sturdy with a pump, there is a frangrant to it but this subsides upon application.

Texture of the product is good and is easy to work with, even with just fingers. It is a satin finish and does become shiny without setting, lasting power is probably 3-5 hours without setting, but reapplication is hassle free and doesnt look patchy to me.

on 7/15/2014 3:01:00 PM

not what i anticipated when i bought this foundation
although it spreads well, the colors are great but it does not last after 3 hours of use it just starts to fade away leaving uneven complexion

maybe it goes well with younger ladies but for me never would buy again
although the price is really reasonable

on 7/14/2014 9:36:00 AM

I think this foundation isn't good for oily skin. And the coverage is light like a tinted moisturizer. I just liked the packaging, the fruitty smell and the shade for my skin (52 vanille).

It's my holy grail foundation. I've tried Chanel Aqualumier, Loreal True Match but this is my favourite.

Scent wise, Bourjois and Chanel is owned by the same family so the scents of the products is very similiar.

It's my favourite because it looks and feels very natural on my skin , as if I've not applied any foundation but it evened out my skin tone. It sinks in so well, as its name says it's a Serum Gel Foundation and it lives up to its name.

Colour wise, it matches me perfectly. I have a yellow undertone and am fair.

Also, I'm pretty anal about putting on too much make up and chemical products but i still want to look put together. This gives a flawless, light -medium coverage and i love it.