October 22, 2014 | 1501 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by tobermory12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

* this is for the waterproof version* I have oily under eyes, and I have been looking for a long-wearing, reasonably priced mascara that will not leave smudges under my eyes. This is the product for me. I have long eyelashes but they are light-colored, and this mascara does a very nice job of coating each lash and giving them a fuller, but fairly natural appearance. I like the football-shaped applicator, and I find that the product does not gob up at one end like the Covergirl Lash Blast Volume I was using. I can go for 8 or more hours plus a workout and this product will stay and not smear under my eyes. Very pleased! Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by birdcam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'll keep this short...I finally found my HG waterproof mascara! People have asked me several times if I"m wearing false lashes when I use it. It lengthens without clumping, and holds a curl ALL day long even in South Florida heat and humidity. Love love love it! I'll keep buying it as long as they keep making it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Lisa333

This is the waterproof mascara I will be continue buying. It is really water resistant and it gives a lot of volume. Negatives is that I get mascara on my lids and that I find it very hard to remove it before bed. But maybe i just need to buy a eyemakeup remover for waterproof makeup... I recomend this to everybody except my enemies, don't want them to look as good as I do ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by kjc5248

i love the way this makes my lashes look, huge with no clumps whatsoever. however, the brush is so round and spiky it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to not get any mascara on your lids when applying, which is super annoying because it basically adds an extra step (removing the smudges on lids) which isn't needed. other than getting it on my lids, this mascara is great. i won't repurchase though because i still think volume express falsies is better

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

So... I thought this product was supposed to be VOLUMIZING???

I get length from this product, no volume whatsoever. While I wish it was a heavier formula and gave my lashes emphasis and volume, I do appreciate it for two things: 1. the light formula does lengthen my lashes and does not clump or weight them down and 2. the curl does hold for a few hours, which is a small victory : )

Would not repurchase though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Annietwinkletoes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really impressed with this mascara. I'm a contact wearer and as a result have dry eyes that seem to water constantly. Waterproof mascara is obviously a necessity! This does a good job of accentuating even the tiniest of my lashes without clumps. My gold standard mascara is lash blast (regular, waterproof did nothing for me) and while it doesn't give me the amazing soft fullness that lash blast does, I still get a nice fluttery yet full effect. If you're looking for lift from your mascara this might not be the best choice, though. My lashes are naturally well curled and this weighs them down a little.

I've had problems in the past with Maybelline mascaras stinging my eyes and causing styes, but while this stings a little on initial application I haven't had any issues. It's waterproof enough to stay on through a day of my watery eyes but comes off easily with my favorite remover. I also use jojoba oil as my primary moisturizer and haven't had any problems with raccooning due to the oil.

Overall I'd definitely buy this again. It's almost impossible to find a volumizing, non-flaking waterproof mascara, and until I find that unicorn I'll stick with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by maeve520

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! its great i have uncurled eyelashes and so i dont really need the volume because i curl my lashes! but other then that this product is amazing!! it actually does coat the lashes one by one!! very happy!! will will defiantly be buying this product again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by dannieh00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the red and blue colour of the tube! The reason I use waterproof mascaras is because I am a contact lens wearer and they tend to flake less. This mascara is waterproof but not too waterproof to the point where it is hard to get off with make-up remover. It comes of easily and leaves my lashes pretty soft (for a waterproof mascara) during the day. It really does define every lash and the rubber bristles grab on so well to my lashes! I just love how the bristles are long and not stubby. It works really well on my lower lashes too. Usually, I coat my lashes with a layer of of Maybelline Great Lash (the one with the green and pink tube is Great Lash right?) and then go over with One by One which separtes and lengthens each lash so nicely. But I do use just One by One on many days too.

I am very impressed and will forever be repurchasing this item! My favourite Maybelline mascara so far. Ugh, I just hate how drugstore mascaras are mostly $20+ here in NZ. I got One by One at a makeup sale - darn, should've bought like ten more tubes while they were on sale!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 6:10:00 AM More reviews by LittleRedDoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was impressed when I bought this mascara. I liked how the brush was rubbery, and the amount of bristles were too many to count!

It truly does live up to it's name, coating each lash. Of course, it doesn't make your lashes look like in the ad, seeming the models have fake eyelashes or 'Lash Dramatisisation', but it is still wonderful.

I would buy this again, but I found it dries up rather quick after 4 or 5 months, so you will have to repurchase if you love it.

I would buy it again for a fact! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by racheslor

My favorite mascara ever! This is the best mascara out there if your lashes are short and don't stay curled for a long time. I have short, asian lashes so they don't stay curled very long and have very little volume. I've tried a lot of mascaras and they only make my lashes droop. This is the best mascara I've tried by far, it doesn't clump and it holds the curl! My lashes are actually visable when I put this on. Only bad thing is that it's a bit hard to remove.