August 31, 2014 | 1492 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by LindaMei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

To start off, I have sensitive, acne-prone, oily/combination skin. I'd recommend this product to anyone seeking a new face and body exfoliator.

This product is available in two sizes - 4.2 fl. oz. for $21.95 and 8.8 fl. oz. for $35.95. I've found the 8.8 fl. oz. tub lasting anywhere between nine months to a year. This product has a relatively strong citrus scent, but I haven't found it to be a problem for my sensitive skin. Since the product comes in a tub, it's relatively easy to scoop the desired amount. Prior to using this, it's important to mix the contents with either clean fingers or a popsicle stick in order to evenly disperse the salt granules. If you have sensitive skin like myself, I recommend diluting a dime size amount with a small amount of water prior to applying it on your face. I use this product once a week in the shower, and follow up with a toner and moisturizer. Using this product during the colder months has reduced the amount of dry spots on my face, allowing my makeup to go on more smoothly. On the flip side, using this product during the warmer months has brightened my complexion.

I have not experienced breakouts or problematic skin as a result of using this product, and I have gone through two tubs of this product in the past two years. I have no intentions of looking for a new exfoliator after trying this product. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by leh529

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub! It smells like a margarita beach vacation. It makes my skin feel super soft. It is very expensive, but I feel it is worth it. I use it 1-2 times a week & I have seen improvements in my acne prone skin. It does have vodka in it so it may sting slightly if you have an open blemish or cut. The container will last a long time but I will most likely repurchase as long as I can afford it

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by wymjoanne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I enjoy scrubs where I get an even amount of exfoliant all around, however for LUSH's Ocean Salt, i get big chunky bits in some areas, and just the butter in other areas.

I also find it too harsh to be used as a face scrub as the bits of sea salt can come in fairly big pieces and the butter too light to use as a body scrub. It's taking me forever to get through the big tub of it because I hardly use it!

I don't like how you have to scoop the product out with your fingers, because water gets into it and make it all icky.

On the upside, I do love the fresh lime and coconut-ty scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Dengail

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product cleared up my dry patches on my face...one use! I was struggling with theses weird dry patches for weeks...and they were getting worse! My daughter picked this up for me at the Lush store near her and seriously people, one use, no more patches. I use it 2 or so tomes a week now for my face and I love it to exfoliate my upper body too one in awhile or any other dry spots that might occur. The patches have never come back and it's also very nice on my hand eczema, doesn't bother it and I think it helps. The smell is so fresh and clean and a bit like lime to me. Remember to stir the pot when you first get it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by lovelymallie

I loove Ocean salt from Lush. It's a really gentle exfoliator and it kinda moistruze your skin at the same time. It smells really fresh and citrus like, which I love! It says to use on face and body, but I only use it on my body. I think it would be a little harsh to the face maybe.
It is pretty expensive, but I think it's worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by minatigerlily

I like this product, cool blue color with a nice scent. I have pretty dry skin with very little breakouts, but I notice after using this my face does seem clearer. Since the texture is so chunky I feel like it really gets into your pours and helps release the dirt. After using it my face gets all cold and cool feeling. I really love that. I bought this product on whim one day at lush, because I remembered I need exfolient. Out of two they showed me I was drawn to this product. I dont exfoliate everyday and I feel this would be too intense to do that with, maybe opt for a lighter exfolient. But for two or three times a week this is wonderful for me. Although once I finish this tub I will probably move on to find another product I like because every time I use it, It leaves a super salty taste on my skin which eventually gets into my mouth. Not my favorite. I also am not really into scooping product out with my fingers and would rather use a bottle of some sorts. But other than taste and packaging I am quite fond.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by thechain

If you have sensitive skin, do not be scared of this product!

The key is a gentle touch (and, in my opinion, using it in the shower). I use just a pinch of this product daily, on my face. I massage it in, keeping it away from my eyes, and then immediately rinse away.

After the first use, my skin was glowing.

It can be a bit drying, so you may want to follow with a light moisturizer. Your skin will thank you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by whitley0499

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the little pots all of the LUSH skin products come in : ) This is a really nice face scrub. It took me a while to decide to buy it because of the price. I originally thought to buy it for body, but when one of the sales people told me it's for the face too I was more interested. I like the fact that it comes in 2 sizes. I purchased the smaller one since I only planned on using it for my face. But now I use it for my face, neck upper back and upper chest ( a little at home facial). The next time I will be purchasing the larger size.
Ocean Salt has a nice, fresh, light scent. The exfoliating properties are great and it's pretty moisturizing at the same time. I haven't had any bad reactions or breakouts since I began using it. You don't need to use this daily so it should last. I exfoliate twice a week.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Christac3698

Amazing cleanser for face and body. I love the way my skin feels after using. When I first opened the pot, I was a little scared, because it seemed very abrasive. I was wrong, when washing it felt very gentle and left my face feeling very clean, soft, and toned. I originally bought the smaller pot, because I was afraid to spend more money on the larger pot and not like it, so I'm happy they had the two options. I did just purchase the larger pot (because I love it so much. ) :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Kremenka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent product, really! Even my husband noticed the difference in my skin after the first use. Definitely repurchase.
From the beginning: when I tested the scrub in the bathroom, I thought "What a waste of money!". I was even a bit angry, because I already had a very good and perfectly cheap scrub (finely milled chestnuts), which I have been using for more than 12 years. But, when I went out of the bathroom ... oh, what a difference! Pores - tightened, complexion - brightened, epidermis - calm and not dried, ... I just could not believe my eyes!
I found it is best used, when applied on dry skin. I really do not feel it scrubbing rough my face. That's why I thought it won't be working for me, but Ocean Salt proved me wrong and I'm happy about that :)) However, I do not consider to give up my milled chestnuts scrub.
Ocean Salt smells a little bit strange and a little bit nice. It is hard to explain, but that's the natural products :) It is also very, very economical, so I find the price I paid (about 11 euro) justified.
Cons: I do not find it very useful for body, except for the back and the chest, if you have skin problems there. As the effect over the blackheads, I think Dark Angels (another Lush morning cleanser) is a little bit better.