October 24, 2014 | 1620 users online

Fragrances - Origins - Ginger Essence

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2005 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Wyrmiax

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Thought it was too spicy, then realized I wanted gingerbread, and this is ginger root.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2005 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Mavornia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my favourite winter fragrance - it's so warm and comforting and immediately lifts my spirits when I spray it on. My only gripe is that it does tend to fade rather quickly but I'm happy to re-apply several times throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2005 6:37:00 PM More reviews by mosesmom

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very clean, spicy scent, no hint of floral, with citrusy undertones. Works really well with my body chemistry, for some reason, and I always get compliments on it. I tend to gravitate toward offbeat, spicy fragrances (le feau d'issey is my staple, and it's quite peppery). This is a nice perfume, and I particularly like it in summer.

For lasting power, you should definitely apply over unscented lotion or baby oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2005 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ms325i

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this perfume because I love the smell of ginger. But this scent really comes up short. It is not a strong enough ginger smell for me, and there is just something completly lacking in the whole chemistry of the scent. If they would intensify the ginger scent I think it would smell much better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2005 10:50:00 AM More reviews by epheme

I keep my bottle in my office, and spritz 2-3 times during a day. The bottle is still lasting a long time, even with that. Nobody remarks about the scent, neither good, nor "too strong!" which I can hardly see this as. It's nice for daytime. Won't repurchase because I have other, stronger, and more complex scents to wear.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2005 1:22:00 AM More reviews by fag_hag

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got this as a gift. Hate the smell. Awfully strong.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2005 6:54:00 PM More reviews by HelenVanPattersonPatton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wore this for awhile several years ago when it was first released. I liked it, but not enough to repurchase after I ran out of the fragrance and body powder. It was mostly grapefruit, ginger, bergamot and clove on me, but I think this is a fragrance in which different notes are prominent on different people. It's nice, but not even close to being a favorite. INGREDIENTS: Bergamot, orange, grapefruit, lemon, lime, ginger, nutmeg, clove, coriander, violet leaves, jasmine, vanilla, amber, sandalwood

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Sugar_Snack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a light spicy scent that I like to wear in the Fall and Winter. It imparts a warm yummy aura. Makes me think of all those cozy things like home baking and fires on the hearth. In my mind this scent could work equally well for men too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2005 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a clean and spicy (but not too much of either) scent that I often wear to work. It seems most appropriate to wear in the Spring and Fall months. I bought the Intensified version of the Ginger Essence, as the reviews here suggested that the original version did not have good lasting power. I also layer the fragrance over the Origins Ginger Souffle Whipped Body Cream, which helps the fragrance last at least 12 hours. The fragrance goes on smelling very pungent, but quickly dries down into a softer scent that stays close to the skin. I have only gotten compliments on this fragrance from others and will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2005 10:04:00 PM More reviews by reagan6

I use the intensified fragrance, and it is my HG perfume. You would have to tear it from my cold, dead fingers. (Although at $12.50 for a (working) rollerball tube that's lasted me ages, really, you can probably afford to get your own!) I have complex and variable body chemistry that makes fragrance a pain in the rear- almost anything with more than one or two notes smells horrible on me, and in a different way every day. But this fragrance consistently smells the same: the citrus notes are cool and juicy, while the ginger is warm and sparkling. Perfectly balanced, clean, and delicious, and never overpowering- I can use this even when I feel sick and fragrances usually bother me, and it actually makes me feel better. True aromatherapy, yet still glamourous. A+++