Origins Ginger Essence

4.1

on 2/20/2006 8:18:00 PM

What can I say here that 100 others have not said before me?? Not much, just wanted to add my 2c. I am normally not a dept store fragrance person, not because I am an elitist snob or anything, because most seem to have a chemical musky quality that comes out on my skin after drydown. This stuff is fabulous. I never ever get sick of it. Every time I wear it I know I made the right decision spraying this one on. It's refreshing but not one of those soapy clean fragrances. It has the wonderful zing of the ginger with the interplay of lemon and a tad of sweetness that keeps it from being too harsh and citrusy. In the summertime I wear this constantly. It reminds me of gingerale in perfume form. The DBF wears it too. We have gone through 2 huge bottles of this together since we met. The smell of this on him really drives me crazy. It's not really masculine or feminine, I would say men or women could wear this one. I recently got a gift box of it at the CCO with the perfume, a shimmer body powder and a really wonderful shower gel that also smells fantastic. I have the body souffle as well and it's wonderful to later this scent. HUGE thumbs up for this one.

on 2/17/2006 2:14:00 PM

I've been wearing this for years, it's a great summer scent. I love the orange and ginger combo.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love love love this perfume!! I rarely get excited about a scent, but I do with this one! It's sweet, warm, floral, fresh and herbal smelling all at one time. Don't judge the scent straight from the bottle because this is one of those that adapt to your body chemistry, letting the layer that compliments you best come through. I like wearing this in the psring/summer when I want something light and refreshing. Seeing as how I live in Houston where the humidity alone is enough to drive on insane, this works really well here. Yes, I wish it were more potent, but that statement may be revised after I try the stronger one.

on 12/20/2005 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Thought it was too spicy, then realized I wanted gingerbread, and this is ginger root.

on 12/13/2005 6:03:00 PM

This is my favourite winter fragrance - it's so warm and comforting and immediately lifts my spirits when I spray it on. My only gripe is that it does tend to fade rather quickly but I'm happy to re-apply several times throughout the day.

on 11/25/2005 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very clean, spicy scent, no hint of floral, with citrusy undertones. Works really well with my body chemistry, for some reason, and I always get compliments on it. I tend to gravitate toward offbeat, spicy fragrances (le feau d'issey is my staple, and it's quite peppery). This is a nice perfume, and I particularly like it in summer.

For lasting power, you should definitely apply over unscented lotion or baby oil.

on 10/6/2005 1:10:00 PM

I really wanted to love this perfume because I love the smell of ginger. But this scent really comes up short. It is not a strong enough ginger smell for me, and there is just something completly lacking in the whole chemistry of the scent. If they would intensify the ginger scent I think it would smell much better.

on 9/14/2005 10:50:00 AM

I keep my bottle in my office, and spritz 2-3 times during a day. The bottle is still lasting a long time, even with that. Nobody remarks about the scent, neither good, nor "too strong!" which I can hardly see this as. It's nice for daytime. Won't repurchase because I have other, stronger, and more complex scents to wear.

on 9/5/2005 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Got this as a gift. Hate the smell. Awfully strong.

I wore this for awhile several years ago when it was first released. I liked it, but not enough to repurchase after I ran out of the fragrance and body powder. It was mostly grapefruit, ginger, bergamot and clove on me, but I think this is a fragrance in which different notes are prominent on different people. It's nice, but not even close to being a favorite. INGREDIENTS: Bergamot, orange, grapefruit, lemon, lime, ginger, nutmeg, clove, coriander, violet leaves, jasmine, vanilla, amber, sandalwood

Popular Fragrances