September 1, 2014 | 2082 users online

Concealers - Rimmel - Match Perfection Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by angiegurl33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Awesome, awesome, awesome concealer. I've tried many and this has become my HG, I've bought tube after tube of it now. So creamy, great coverage, doesn't crease under eyes, good staying power, and super inexpensive and affordable - 5 flippin' stars! This makes my MUFE full coverage concealer look dry and cakey in comparison.

I have very fair skin and I use the color 230 Fair/Light over foundation when I want an exact match to my skin tone or, if I want to brighten and lighten my T-zone a bit down the center of my face where I tend to have a lot of redness, I'll apply 125 Fair underneath my foundation application.

The only mark against this product is that I personally hate the little brush that comes attached so I took some other reviewers' advice and just snip that down to the nub with scissors every time - way easier and less messy. To apply, I squeeze a bit of concealer on the back of my hand and use my Sephora airbrush concealer #57 brush (soft and perfect!) to dip into the product and then stipple it onto my blemishes, redness, and under eye circles. Once I've covered the area this way I very gently - barely touching the brush to my face - buff the product in to blend out all edges and it matches seamlessly with my skin. I usually set with powder to help it last through the day. When I don't have time or don't want to apply a full face of makeup I feel comfortable wearing only this or this and mascara. This little concealer does an amazing job of evening out my acne-scarred hyperpigmented skin - will definitely keep buying!

EDIT: I should also mention I've had difficulty finding a shade light enough and the right color to match my skin tone in mid- to high-end concealers, yet more than one color works for me in this little drugstore brand. Go figure!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by Elisetaylorr

I have only used this a couple of times, for short amounts of time, so this might not be as accurate as others. However, for the time that I have used it, it has been an okay concealer. Not amazing, but not horrible. It does cover up my blemishes a little, not completely, but about 75% of it. I wouldn't completely rely on this concealer to cover up all of your blemishes. Also, I like the fact that the applicator is a brush, but it can be very messy, so be aware of that. Overall, I like this product, but I might try something else next time I go looking for concealers. Just to see if there's something better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

I would probably end up re-purchasing this concealer for lack of better options for covering my dark undereye circles. I have run the gamot as far as undereye concealers go. From the worst (BE "Well Rested" powder high-priced tragedy) to the better (Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser), I have tried them all. I have been a big fan of the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser - my only complaint with it, is it's incredibly matte and despite the advertising, it does not seem to provide any improvement of the condition with long-term use. This product is actually very similar, but doesn't falsely claim that it is going to somehow "treat" your undereye circles. It also provides a heavy coverage, which (unfortunately) is what I need. It is also very matte, which I really wish it wasn't. Can't someone make an undereye concealer that 1: really, really conceals, 2: provides some long-term benefit or improvement to the undereye area, and 3: provides a little illumination and doesn't look like a gallon of Gliden flat-finish paint?? Apparently, that's asking too much.
This concealor covers quite well. I have fair-to-medium skin, and purchased the light/medium color, which ended up being an excellent match. The little brush on the end is lame & useless (no biggie), other than to dap little dots of the product where you want it. After that, you need to use a pinky finger or a brush to blend it in. The tube is small, but because this stuff is "potent", you don't need much, and it should last a long time. Additionally, the product has good staying-power. No show-thru after 12+ hours of wear. It's definitely worth the price (cheap cheap) & definitely provides the coverage I need.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Megan117

I love this concealer! This is the first concealer I've used that hasn't creased under my eyes. It highlights under your eyes and makes you look refreshed and awake. The only problem I have with this is the packaging, I'd rather they had a twist one instead of having to squeeze the product out, but other than that this is great! I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by thaouyen09

This concealer was the first concealer to started my makeup journey. I was impress with this concealer because it blended pretty well on the skin and it has great coverage of acne, scars and dark circle. I can blend with my fingers and I don't need to use a brush to blend it out with is really great! I would recommend this concealer for those who just started makeup like me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Catbag

I absolutely love this concealer. It really does what it says- highlight and conceal, and matches to skin tone. It conceals my little brown acne scars quite well and also gives my skin a healthy glow. The price was pretty good too. However, I find the brush a bit unnecesary, but I still use it. I especially like that it is a plastic tube, because it means when you reach the end, you can cut it open and there is still more. I think this is a great concealer, and it is by far the best one I have ever come across, and a great price for me. I really recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Such a wonderful product and what an annoying packaging! when it runs out I have to cut it open to get what's left in the annoying squeezable product.

Other than the packaging I love everything about this product, it's more for redness and dark circles though :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by silkandcotton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think i've bought this product at least 5 times now. I have very oily skin and if I wear this concealer over an oil-control mattifier/primer containing SPF and with Mac Blot powder over the top, it can last for around 5 hours without oiliness. After 5 hours it starts to get cakey around my nose and collect around the corners of my eyes.

It is a shame that there are only 3 shades available. I am around an NC30 and I use Natural Beige. My face appears too white if I spread this on MANY parts of my face but if I just use it on spots and pigmentation, on and around nose, around lips and under eyes, it looks natural under the Mac Blot powder (even in photos) because it is really blendable. The coverage is sheer but buildable without getting cakey - this works well for me but i would not recommend this for someone with a lot of red acne.

This is a handy product for people like me who are usually running late, don't wear a lot of makeup and whose biggest concerns are oiliness, dark (but not that dark) circles and a few spots.

The price is excellent but the brush is useless, applying with fingers is perfectly fine though. Also, I do not break out from using this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Girlybunny13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this concealer I have really dark under eye circles(and on top to) and this is the only concealer that didn't sting,or make me look tired and its cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wowza!! I love this stuff! I'm an NC-35 with yellow undertones, and finding a drugstore concealer is hellish...literally every other concealer is either ashy looking, or too pink. Not this stuff, it truly does adjust to your skin tone and looks flawless! I don't have any creasing complaints, nor wear time complaints. I would consider this HG item as far as drugstore products are concerned. I purchased the color medium and it matches like a dream. I used to overlook Rimmel products, not anymore:)