August 23, 2014 | 1839 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Clinique - Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by LailaE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pink, pink, pink. All of them. Put this on in natural light and see your face turn a weird pink shade. Love the foundation, but not the colour. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by nmaste

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This lasts all day! I am so happy I found this tinted moisturizer that I tell all my friends about it. I get compliments on how healthy my skin looks, but to me the great part is my skin is breathing and feels healthy. I do not need to use much for perfect coverage so my first tube may last at least 4 months. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by TknHeartbyjqm

I wear this tinted moisturizer every single day. It gives moderate coverage that you can build up. And it looks so natural and feels light weight. LOVE it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonandlime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have always had good experience with clinique products so when I was looking for some type of light weight foundation for the summer I was very encouraged by the reviews here and decided to try this out. I definitely didn't regret my decision. I have rather dry skin and this really helps to keep it moisturized (tough it's only an addition to my standard moisturizing routine) and it gives a fare share of coverage for a tinted moisturizer (I should mention that I don't have problems with breakouts but I do have some discolorations and this evens out my skin tone perfectly). The finish is glowy but not greasy looking and overall it looks very natural, almost as if I was wearing no make up at all. The down side is that it's a bit difficult to match, but I got it in shade 3 and it went really well with my skin when I had a bit of tan during the summer, I'm not sure if I'll be able to find a good match for winter because my skin is very fair and those tones seemed to be a little pink when I tried them out, but I'll update on that. It takes a little time to get used to using only a modest amount and blend it well. Blending is easy, though. I applied it with my hands it lingers so you must be certain to wash your hands after applying it. Overall, I would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by abelharainha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First of all I'm very impressed with all the good reviews this product is getting. I don't like a bit and I'm happy I haven't bought the full size.

The product
It is supposed to be a tinted moisturiser with outstanding moisturising abilities, hence the name. It's oil free and has SPF 15.

My experience
I was offered a trial size in shade 2, neutral. The very first thing I've noticed was the terrible smell. It really smells very bad. And it lingers... Ew. Despite being very picky about smells, I'd consider buying the full size and using it as my daily foundation or tinted moisturiser if it was as good as I expected. Or at least decently good. The second day I used this I looked in the mirror closely and realised this gave me a lame, boring, dull colour and made me look like I was really tired or something. The second day I looked in a mirror outside the house and noticed my face (usually pale with slighty yellow/golden undertones) had become an orangey-pinky weird colour... Ew... Again. If that wasn't enough my face was very oily. Three times ew! Needless to say I gave it up and I'm never using it again.

The bottom line
I don't recommend this product to combination skin, to people sensitive to strong (and bad) smells, and to all the yellow toned girls out there. Clinique foundations have never matched my skin tone, are always too dark and too pink but I was naive enough to believe this would be different. Also I reckon all Clinique foundations have an artificial, strong smell.... I also don't think this is moisturising for that matter. As it is a TM, I used it without moisturising first and I still got oily skin by the end of the day so I guess only very dry skins (or normal skins in winter) could use this over moisturiser. So this doesn't do a good job neither as a moituriser or as foundation. This is a total waste of time and effort. And money. Looking oily, pink and stinking isn't nice at all.... And it's expensive too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my everyday "foundation". Actually this is tinted moisturizer/foundation and bronzer all in one. I've bought this in one shade darker than usual, and that gives me a natural looking tan/glow. This is light enough to rub in like a moisturizer (no streaks and marks), but has a good medium coverage. I use this, line smoothing concealer, some creameblush, eyeliner and mascara and I'm all set.

Sometimes whan I'm of to work or its really humid outside, I have to set it with some powder in the T-zone, but other than that it works graat on it's own! This is perfect for in a hurry, because you can't mess it up. Just spread it all over your face or in your hands and rub it into your face. Easy and natural result!

The only downside: The bottle doesn't last as long as other Clinique foundations I've tried, but I can live with that for now!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by Stephanie87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Recently I discovered tinted moisturizers. I had been using foundation for a long time but got tired of the heavy and cakey appearance of it so I quit using it. I went natural for a while but still wanted a fresh and even complexion. I don't have any blemishes, just the occasional redness (thank you, sensitive skin). so I decided to give the tinted moisturizer a try. I first tried MAC studio tint, and even though I think it's a wonderful tinted moisturizer, I still think it's a little too heavy and unnatural (I just really hate the make up look I guess, I want my make up to be as natural as possible). I got the Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer as a sample and I was a little sceptical since I always find it hard to match foundations/tinted moisturizers with my skin. It's either too pale, too dark, too yellow, too pink...etc. The sample was in shade 3, which turned out to be the perfect match for me. I really like this product since it is very lightweight, evens out my skin tone nicely and doesn't irritate. You can see that I'm wearing make up because I look a little 'different' but at the same time you can't see it. Even if I look closely in the mirror you can't see the TM on my skin. I've only used this after my daily moisturize routine, but I have very dry skin and don't think the tinted moisturizer alone will provide enough hydration. If you have acne or problem skin I think this TM won't provide enough coverage but for people who have a fairly good complexion to start with I think this is definately a product to check out. Only downside is the price, but I think the product is really good so I will purchase the full product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by sm91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am kind of on the fence about this product. I love how lightweight it feels on the skin and also how hydrating it is. It also gives fairly good coverage for a tinted moisturizer. The reason I don't love this product is because 1) it left my skin sticky and 2) because of the colour range. I'm using the fairest shade '01' and it shows up a little bit too pink on my skin. That's why I wouldn't purchase it again. However, its still a great product and one of the better tinted moisturizers I've tried.. it just wasn't perfect in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

This has been a great find over the warmer Summer months and I think it will suit me well into the Winter months as well. Much fuller coverage than you get with your typical TM and a better range of colours as well - I'm thinking of other brands which stock 'Light', 'Medium' and 'Dark'. Great! The light is probably fair enough but yellow toned, the 'Medium' is too dark but the right skin tone and you might as well forget the dark!

This is more onto a very light foundation than a TM. I don't have that many problems with my skin - a little bit of redness and unevenness and the odd small hormonal spot on my chin. This covers everything up well for me. This is a Matte finish - let's face it, even with my skin I don't need any help looking shiney in the Summer months.

This is not a moisturiser. I don't believe in a one stop makeup and moisturiser. Even talking to SAs about their TMs they will always advise a moisturiser before applying their product which is exactly what I do with this. It has a light SPF in it as well which is useful all year round.

I have not experienced break outs or irritation with this TM. It looks very natural. Shade 2 is a very good match to my skin tone - I'm around NW20/15 depending on the seaseon. I apply with a brush or fingers. It takes a little bit of working in but it's nothing like trying to work with ELDW or Revlon Colorstay.

I think this would work with a range of skin types - I have dry combination - but I don't find this at all oily or greasy - perhaps why so many people are complaining about its lack of moisturising quality. (Since when do you have to look like you have fallen into a chip pan to look moisturised?)

Fabulous stuff!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this tinted moisturizer! I bought this in the shade 01 and it's a perfect match for my light, pink toned skintone. It's a little yellow but not so much that my face looks yellow. It covers like a light foundation but doesn't feel thick on my skin. In fact, I often forget that I'm wearing this because it is so light! I have combination skin and this moisturizes it but doesn't make me t-zone oily. I use a translucent powder on top and it lasts all day. It comes in a small bottle, but a little goes a long way. I only need a little more than a pea sized amount to cover my entire face and neck. It covers my faint acne scars very well but doesn't cover my freckles, which I love since I hate covering them up because they're my favorite feature. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who wants the coverage of a light foundation but hates the thick feeling of foundation.