Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF15

3.8

Active ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.80% ; Octisalate 5%; Octinoxate 2.80%; Inactive ingredients: Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Water, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Trehalose, Sorbitol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Menthol, Trihydroxystearin, Hydroxyapatite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lecithin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Laureth-7, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Cetrimonium Chloride, PVP, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was really a disappointment. Since it is called "moisture surge," I expected it to be moisturizing, but it is not at all. If anything I feel like it is drying my skin out. It also has this weird sticky feeling on my skin that is difficult to wash off and is causing breakouts. My skin is kind of pink so the shade matches fine, and it is the amount of coverage I was looking for - pretty natural but covers up a few minor imperfections. I don't have that much time to shop so I am really annoyed that I have to go back to the store to return it. I wish I had gotten a sample to try first.

I adore this product, it looks so natural on my skin, and gives me a gorgeous glow. The only downside for me is the shades. I've been using shade 02 for a while, and while it looks good with a bit of fake tan underneath (it kind of calms the colour of the fake tan down for me and blends in to make my skin have a gorgeous healthy looking glow) when i don't wear tan it just looks way too pale, even with bronzer. The 03 shade is too dark for me, so my natural colour is somewhere inbetween the two! Still, the texture is light and beautiful for anyone who already has quite clear skin. I've switched to Liz Earles Skin Tint, for the colour (medium) which is equally as lovely, but a little heavier (more like a light foundation). If you can match your skin to a shade of this i'd highly recommend!!

PS it looks like a small bottle, but I've had mine about 8 months now and i've used it on average 3/4 times a week and it's still going!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this after I ran out of my Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer. Although I liked the Laura Mercier quite a bit, I thought it was hard to apply because of its thick consistency. I always ended up irritating my skin or applying way too much onto my face due to the consistency. The Clinique, on the other hand, is much more thin and I find it so easy to apply. I use my fingers and dab some on my forehead, chin, cheeks, and nose and blend in. I find the coverage to be extremely natural with a slight dewy finish. It makes my skin very soft and the SPF is a great bonus! I've had no trouble with my acne or oily skin while using this moisturizer. In fact, it keeps the oily junk at bay for longer than any other foundation or moisturizer I've used.
Overall, this is definitely my HG. It's perfect! I definitely prefer it over the Laura Mercier because of the consistency, the no-foundation look, and the very natural finish. I will repurchase forever!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

UPDATE: I've decided I'm not in love with this product as I was before. I've tried the NARS tinted moisturizer which I love way better than this. I can just put that on and go. This one takes too much work to get into a desired sheer finish becasue of the thickness. Also, not as crazy about the semi dewy finish.

This if perhaps the best covering tinted moisturinzing I've found on the market for my skin. The color match is dead on. It makes my face look more even toned. The staying power is really good and it gives a nice slightly dewy finish to the face.

One thing I noticed though is that a little goes a long way. If I apply too much, my skin will start to look darker and oilier over the course of the day as my natural oils come through. For the best results, I lightly dot some over the center of my face and blend outward with my elf flat top powder brush. Since i'm not a big fan of the dewy look, I ususally dust a powder over my face for a natural matte finish.

I think this is a good tinted moisturizer to try. I would suggest going lighter with the application at first to see how it wears over the course of the day. It's a great alternative for those who don't want to wear a foundation regularly (like me) but still want to look polished. I will definately rebuy when I run out.

Love love love this! It gives the perfect amount of coverage and stays on all day. A little does go a long way with this tinted moisturizer, I apply it with a brush and I am extremely happy with the result. I apply a powder to set everything and find that it helps. I recommend this to anyone who doesn't want or need a lot of coverage when it comes to their foundation. Buy this product and you won't regret it!

I love the idea of tinted moisturizer. I suggest going one step darker than you would think you need. I did and it ended up matching perfectly. I think this product is great to use for casual make up, but it doesn't cover enough for the glam look. It is a little pricey, but it does what it advertises.

Pink, pink, pink. All of them. Put this on in natural light and see your face turn a weird pink shade. Love the foundation, but not the colour. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This lasts all day! I am so happy I found this tinted moisturizer that I tell all my friends about it. I get compliments on how healthy my skin looks, but to me the great part is my skin is breathing and feels healthy. I do not need to use much for perfect coverage so my first tube may last at least 4 months. Yay!

I wear this tinted moisturizer every single day. It gives moderate coverage that you can build up. And it looks so natural and feels light weight. LOVE it!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have always had good experience with clinique products so when I was looking for some type of light weight foundation for the summer I was very encouraged by the reviews here and decided to try this out. I definitely didn't regret my decision. I have rather dry skin and this really helps to keep it moisturized (tough it's only an addition to my standard moisturizing routine) and it gives a fare share of coverage for a tinted moisturizer (I should mention that I don't have problems with breakouts but I do have some discolorations and this evens out my skin tone perfectly). The finish is glowy but not greasy looking and overall it looks very natural, almost as if I was wearing no make up at all. The down side is that it's a bit difficult to match, but I got it in shade 3 and it went really well with my skin when I had a bit of tan during the summer, I'm not sure if I'll be able to find a good match for winter because my skin is very fair and those tones seemed to be a little pink when I tried them out, but I'll update on that. It takes a little time to get used to using only a modest amount and blend it well. Blending is easy, though. I applied it with my hands it lingers so you must be certain to wash your hands after applying it. Overall, I would buy it again.