April 20, 2014 | 1324 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Clinique - Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by sm91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am kind of on the fence about this product. I love how lightweight it feels on the skin and also how hydrating it is. It also gives fairly good coverage for a tinted moisturizer. The reason I don't love this product is because 1) it left my skin sticky and 2) because of the colour range. I'm using the fairest shade '01' and it shows up a little bit too pink on my skin. That's why I wouldn't purchase it again. However, its still a great product and one of the better tinted moisturizers I've tried.. it just wasn't perfect in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

This has been a great find over the warmer Summer months and I think it will suit me well into the Winter months as well. Much fuller coverage than you get with your typical TM and a better range of colours as well - I'm thinking of other brands which stock 'Light', 'Medium' and 'Dark'. Great! The light is probably fair enough but yellow toned, the 'Medium' is too dark but the right skin tone and you might as well forget the dark!

This is more onto a very light foundation than a TM. I don't have that many problems with my skin - a little bit of redness and unevenness and the odd small hormonal spot on my chin. This covers everything up well for me. This is a Matte finish - let's face it, even with my skin I don't need any help looking shiney in the Summer months.

This is not a moisturiser. I don't believe in a one stop makeup and moisturiser. Even talking to SAs about their TMs they will always advise a moisturiser before applying their product which is exactly what I do with this. It has a light SPF in it as well which is useful all year round.

I have not experienced break outs or irritation with this TM. It looks very natural. Shade 2 is a very good match to my skin tone - I'm around NW20/15 depending on the seaseon. I apply with a brush or fingers. It takes a little bit of working in but it's nothing like trying to work with ELDW or Revlon Colorstay.

I think this would work with a range of skin types - I have dry combination - but I don't find this at all oily or greasy - perhaps why so many people are complaining about its lack of moisturising quality. (Since when do you have to look like you have fallen into a chip pan to look moisturised?)

Fabulous stuff!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this tinted moisturizer! I bought this in the shade 01 and it's a perfect match for my light, pink toned skintone. It's a little yellow but not so much that my face looks yellow. It covers like a light foundation but doesn't feel thick on my skin. In fact, I often forget that I'm wearing this because it is so light! I have combination skin and this moisturizes it but doesn't make me t-zone oily. I use a translucent powder on top and it lasts all day. It comes in a small bottle, but a little goes a long way. I only need a little more than a pea sized amount to cover my entire face and neck. It covers my faint acne scars very well but doesn't cover my freckles, which I love since I hate covering them up because they're my favorite feature. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who wants the coverage of a light foundation but hates the thick feeling of foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Whoever named this had clearly never used it. It's not moisturizing at all and even feels a bit drying. And how can something so runny and watery produce such a heavy appearance? I'm so disappointed in Clinique because I have kind of rediscovered the brand in recent months and they have some really fantastic products. This one stinks! The only nice thing I can say about it is that it didn't cause me to break out at all, whereas most products do, especially tinted moisturizers. Color match was OK but slightly too pink for my yellow undertones. I haven't decided if I will return it, because I haven't found anything else better but I'm trying Laura Mercier TM next. Please rework this one, Clinique!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Anners26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: I've decided this is a really great TM. Once I got the hang of how dense the coverage is, I've been really happy. The key is to use a very modest application and to blend blend blend. I have been getting compliments on my glowing skin and I think it's partly due to this TM (and partly due to the fact that I recently started using benzoyl peroxide again for hormone-related acne.) I find this very moisturizing and feels cooling on the skin. If you have any dry patches or prominent blemishes this TM will likely cake slightly over them; other than that I'm satisfied. Aaaaaalmost an HG for me, and that's pretty darn good!

I both like and don't like this TM. The pros are: it's oil-free but definitely gives you a hydrated feeling (I use this over my Weleda Iris day cream though since I have dry skin); the coverage is medium which is better than the uber-sheer Laura Mercier TM; a little goes a LONG way; it's not super expensive. The cons: it's tough to get exactly the right color match- the 02 is still a little light for me so I end up looking kind of chalky, also it doesn't really blend all that well. I've noticed after a couple hours of wear the tint will settle and cake slightly around my eyebrows and rub off on my sunglasses. Since fall is coming I don't want to buy a darker shade, and I just can't get past the chalky-white complexion this TM gives me; I've had success mixing it with a little moisturizer, this seems to even out the coverage. Think I will try the Kiehls TM next.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Cs22

like many of the other reviewers, i'd stress that this formulation really is more of a light foundation than a tinted moisturiser. it did not even provide enough moisture for my combo/oily skin and so if you have normal or drier skin you would definatly have to wear a normal moisturiser underneath this. (which in my opinion kind of defeats the object of the all in one easy application of the tm). however, as a foundation, i did really like this product, it was easy to blend and provides moderate coverage. i have used it for about a month and it has not broken out my acne prone skin or produced any irritation. for daytime wear if you do not need a heavy coverage this is a good product, its light and so very breathable, my skin actually improved slightly (blemish wise) when i switched to this from my maybelline foundation, probably because this is a lighter formula and so does not clog pores :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by kimmie578

I bought this for the first time since I was tired of my other tinted moisturizer creeping up in price to over $40. I would say this is not quite a TM, but more of a light foundation. After I put it on, it looks like I have make up on. It has a lot more coverage than any other TM I have used. I personally could use the extra coverage, so it doesn't bother me, but if you have perfect beautiful skin and just want light coverage then this may not be the product for you. My only complaint is that it is hard to find a color match...I was between two shades, with one being a bit too light and the other being a bit too dark. I went with the lighter because you can easily adjust the color with powder over (I use the clinique loose powder).
I think that for the price and coverage, that I will stick to this TM.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by francinesue

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I had become unhappy with my Laura Mercier TM.- too greasy and the product separates. When I got the Clinique announcement of this product I was thrilled as I really like their moisture surge and as I live in Florida an SPF is a must! I had to wait 2 months for my local Macys to finally get a new shipment in my color '02' and missed the 'gift w/purchase promo.
So far (2 months) I am generally happy with this product. - I guess at this stage of my life a dewy look is gone forever. This provides enough coverage to even out my skin yet remain natural. However don't expect it to really cover any blemishes. You have to add a spot concealer for that. I'd preferred a packaging that made dispensing a small amount easier but I'm getting used to how to use it. I don't know yet how long the bottle will last.
Generally I happy with the product and the priceing is much better than the Mercier TM + there is always the Clinique gift w/puchase to look forward to.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by yemyesilkurbaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It is more like a lightweight foundation then a moisturizer: It has great coverage (well at least way above my expectations) though not really moisturizing.
I bought the product at such a stage that my skin was almost peeling from lack of moisturize and lots and lots of break outs due to a hormonal period. So I needed a two-in-one product, however this one only provided the coverage part.
It is easily applied with a brush, fingers too almost equally work. Packaging is good to get the right amount of product. I would except a little bigger package than it already is considering the price I pay. But at least a little goes a long way.
I preferred to set it with a loose powder. It has a charming finish to use alone too.
I won't buy again because I don't need such a product anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ktbeta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

A great lightweight foundation that provides a stellar glowy (not oily or dewy) finish. What's not to love?