July 23, 2014 | 1134 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Such a disappointment. This powder might be great if you can find a color to match your skin, but for me they are all way too yellow. I still gave it a try despite how yellow it looked in the compact... but low and behold it was super yellow on my face too. The shades seem to run really dark too. I think MAC really needs to work on their shades, I wish so bad they made a NEUTRAL shade, not pink and not yellow, just neutral skin colored face makeup. All their foundations are too yellow or too pink, and it's really a shame because their formulas are great, but the colors are awful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by jewels64

I'm using this in Medium Plus, which is a bit light right now when I'm NC30-35 but I think it will be great when I'm NC25-30. This is finely-milled, creamy (rather than powdery) and amazing as a setting powder for liquid foundation.

When used as setting powders, MSFN was too cakey and oxidized while Blot Powder didn't really add much of a finish. However, although Careblend could be used as a very sheer foundation, I much prefer the coverage that MSFN gives, and I prefer Blot as a oil-control mattifying powder. I love that Careblend has a mirror whereas MSFN does not and I prefer the sponge that comes with it over the puff in Blot. Careblend is cheaper than MSFN with the same amount of product, but I find myself using Careblend up faster than my last MSFN which lasted over a year. On the other hand, Careblend is the same price at 10g that Blot is at 12g.

So overall, for me there are things about Careblend that are superior than MSFN or Blot, and there are some things that are inferior. And while there are attributes of all 3 that I appreciate, I don't need to own them all. Although I have repurchased both MSFN and Blot before, I think that I will stick with just Careblend from now on. It's the most versatile of the 3, and it's effect as a setting powder is so stunning it outweighs the best uses of the other 2, even though in my opinion it is the most expensive given the amount of product and the speed with which it is used up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by gmaco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is currently my HG setting powder! I love the cool and smooth feeling when I apply this over either my TM or liquid foundation. I'm about an NC 40/42 and got the shade in medium dark. Compared to the MSF I prefer this one as the MSF felt and looked cakey if I put more than one layer. With careblend, I could put two layers without looking cakey! Also, MSF does seem to oxidize a bit where careblend does not. I have combo skin and I feel that it does a decent job controlling my oil. It's not the greatest but it helps.

All in all, I will continue to purchase this and recommend it to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Chaunese23

I believe this will be my HG foundation/setting powder. I've been using the MAC StudioFix foundation for about 5 years now. While it wasn't the best foundation I felt it worked for me as best as it could. It gave me great coverage yet it didn't last for long on my extremely oily skin which meant within an hour I would be blotting. I went to my local MAC counter looking to purchase the mineralize powder for something a little lighter for summer with light coverage. I do have sensative acne prone skin but it has gotten a lot better minus the few leftover acne scars nothing a little concealer won't fix. Now to get back on topic.....lol......I browsed the mineralize powders and thought I settled on a color then the MA approached and advised that I look into their fairly new Careblend line as the mineralize line wouldn't MAC my skintone well the for reference I'm an NC42/43 she also pointed out mineralize wasn't so good on my oily skin as it might make me even oiler ( if that's a word). I was a little hesitant as it looked very similar to my studio fix but she said it was lighter and gave your skin a natural coverage. All in all I LOVE it. It's so soft on the skin and it seems to keep my oil at bay even in the hottest sun. My nose gets a little oil still but in a dewy type of way which I can deal with since I'm used to my whole face looking like it's going to melt off two hours after application!!'

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by MakeupbyCdoll101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

HG Powder Finally! Im An Nc42 So I got This in Medium/Dark!. So I was so excited to try this new powder when MAC had relased it Cause they claimed to say it was for those with dry skin! I Have Normal to Dry Skin So I was Like Yes deffintly going to try, I Had the MSFN because everyone raved about it And ABSOLuTely HATE that crap. The mineralized Skinfinish Had a pinkish tone to it in natural light Not A good look (medium/dark). So I was hoping The careblend Had a better undertone and Its amazing matches my skin perfectly, creamy, doesnt make me look like a powdered mess! The Best Powder Ive Ever Had Better then Studio fix powder I had to! Great Color Selection <3 HG

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Adrianlu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder as a foundation but, it can be used also as a setting powder. I like that the finish isn't to drying or chalky and I haven't found it to really oxidize much. You can apply this with a brush or the enclosed puff. I find I like how the puff applies this powder (better coverage) but, the edges on the puff are sort of sharp and it hurt my under eye once while applying it. With this you will def.have to reapply throughout the day. Compared to the MSFN the colors on these run lighter. I use Medium Deep in the MSFN but, in this I found Dark is a better match. I'm around C6/C7/N45 in MAC foundations depending on the time of year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This works as a really lovely setting powder for me, but I can see it doubling as a sheer foundation powder for those who only want light coverage. I used to set my powder with the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, but I find that it is easy to go overboard with the application and my face will look dry and cakey. This doesn't happen with the Studio Careblend Powder because the powder is so finely milled that it pretty much blends in with my skin instead of just sitting on top and looking powdery. I have dry skin, so I can't say much about its oil controlling properties, but I do love to put this over my foundation to give my face a more finished look and for its ability to keep my foundation from fading as quickly. I have been lazy and just applying it with the sponge that comes with the compact, but I would prefer a soft and fluffy powder puff instead. This sponge is thin and flimsy. Perhaps I'll test this with my powder brush. I am NC30 and I have this in Medium Plus, which is a tad too light but I am willing to work with it because the next shade down (Medium Dark) is way too dark.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Awesome product, kept my oiliness at bay for several hours with a soft matte feel unlike any other. No cakiness, and my face felt so soft to the touch. Bravo MAC for the awesome powder formulation! Unfortunately I had to deduct a lippie since I believe *one* more shade in the medium/dark range would be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by AndreaReneeXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My current HG setting powder for liquid foundation.
I'm so glad I picked this up! It applies perfectly. It's very light, very matte and long-lasting. It sets my foundation perfectly and leaves me with a very flawless finish. I use a powder brush to buff it into my skin and the sponge it comes with to get tricky areas (under eyes, around nose) and for touch-ups throughout the day. I will definitely be repurchasing this when I need to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by Jessiebanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product replaces the MSFN for me. The MSFN was the best thing I had tried so far for my dry skin, but this powder out does it by far. It has about similar coverage, but I find that this product is so silky it goes on lighter with a fluffy brush than MSFN. It's so light and creamy that it doesn't cake or pronounce lines at all. It's a powder so it's a matte/satin finish, but it still adds a bit of that glow though. I am very happy with it and highly recommend it to other dry people.

I'm a (more neutral) NW43 and I wear Dark, which I find is a lot more neutral than the MSFN in Dark. The MSFN was very very yellow, which became a problem if I wanted to wear it as more than a setting powder. Also the MSFN gets cakey and itchy if I apply more than sheerly. With the Careblend being neutral I can use it with a denser brush (Sephora #55) and achieve a light-medium coverage. It makes my skin look airbrushed and radiant. As of 10/23 it's my current foundation. I just use concealer and this product.

***I also love that this is a fragrance free MAC product.