September 30, 2014 | 1368 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by calanthe

It's been awhile since I've had to use something for acne, because I took Accutane in 2007. Lately with the hot weather I've been getting little zits all month long. So I picked this cleanser up and after a week, I'm looking better. Use something else to take your makeup off, please. This is better as a start of the day cleanser, when your face is product-free, anyway. Yes, it can sting a little for the first few days, but only use one pump and cool water. I crushed up four or five aspirin and then lathered with this cleanser and it was like a mini-facial. I really like this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by rjackson42

I like how there are no harming chemicals in this product, so let me say, if you are taking any acne topical medications, like for me I'm taking tretinoin cream, this product doesn't irritate my skin. This is because if you are using a topical gel, having benzoyl peroxide and salicylic scid in your face washes can REALLY irritate your skin if you're sensitive. However, I wish I could say this product clears my acne up more.. it doesn't. I see an overall improvement in my skin, but I still get pimples, even when I feel like my face routine is perfect:/ so overall YAY on this product! It does it's job.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by fendi123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading so magazines about the dangerous chemicals and toxins that are used to make certain product and when it is aborbs through your skin and carried out by your blood can cause cancer and some could sterilize you from having children and was shocked so began to do organic stuff for my body. This was horrible doesn't lather I didn't feel my skin was being cleaned at all you needed a lot of pumps to actually remove make up. It's fragrant with apples and it shouldn't really be there considering fragrant products are the culprit for causing your skin to become sensitive. waste of money had a lot of hopes for this did nothing I broke out the next day swell with many tiny white dots of acne when my face was clear the other day prbbolay because it didn't do a very good job at cleaning at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by curlyhairchick369

ok so when i got this the nozzle was broken... which meant i had to return, but thankfully i had an old bottle of the neutrogena grapefruit cleanser, so i just replaced that nozzle. however it still doesn't fit perfectly :/ when i first got it it smelled AMAZING, like apples and lemons, but after three weeks of vacation, i came back, and it kinda smells like rubbing alcohol. i have normal skin, so all cleansers work the same on me, just take off any dirt. so its alright, but i will NOT be repurchasing

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by CherokeeRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this when I ran out of my usual cleanser, thinking it would be good. Now, I'm not going to tell anyone not to buy it, because everyone's skin is different. Personally, it was good for a week, then it started to break me out. It smells very strongly, and I hate fragrant cleansers. It burned my skin while using it, too. So I don't recommend it, but I won't say not to try it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This is your run of the mill drugstore cleanser. It is nothing special. I was curious about trying a "natural" cleanser without spending a lot of money. This cleanser is okay but I can't stand the fragrance. It's a little too much and, frankly, it smells like something I wash my hands with. The cleanser also is a little drying and my skin doesn't have that soft, clean feeling I'm used to with my regular cleanser. I stopped using this after a few days because I was afraid my skin would get too dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I'm normally not a fan of Neutrogena's skin care products. They usually break me out, so the fact that I'm on my 3rd bottle of this stuff says a lot. I remove my makeup with a separate makeup remover then cleanse my skin with this. Cleans nicely and doesn't strip my skin. I don't depend on this to fight my acne (that's what benzoyl peroxide is for) but it doesn't irritate or increase my breakouts. I do agree with the others who said they could live without the fragrance. It's really just not necessary, but it doesn't bother me. I'm not one to get all crazy about natural ingredients and it does say on the bottle that 90% of the ingredients are naturally derived. It never claims to be 100% natural, just MORE natural than other products, I guess. But all in all, its a nice decently priced cleanser that does what it says it will. I recently tried switching to an different cleanser from another brand and immediately regretted the decision. My skin started getting these little bumps all over. I went back to this and within a day or two, the bumps were gone.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Carrieatune12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ran out of my other cleanser a few weeks ago and picked this up hoping that it would keep my skin clean like it said. The first thing I noticed about this cleanser was that the smell was definetly not natural. It didn't smell bad, but it was one of those smells that makes you worry that it will break you out. After washing my face I noticed that my skin felt a little tight and it felt like there was a film that still needed to be washed off. Over all after using this for about two weeks I could tell that my acne was not getting any better and I went back to my old purpose cleanser. Even those the purpose cleanser doesn't clear my acne it's the only cleanser that makes my face feel clean and I know it won't break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by StaySweet516

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish there was a maybe choice under "Would you buy this product agan?" When I first tried this, it gave good results and pretty soon, I was using this by itself and it did a good job. The biggest problem is that if you use one pump of this, it will completely dry your face out and give you a rash. You have to use a little squirt and that's all you need. My face felt smooth and clear when washing regularly.
A big issue to some people is the packaging. The nozzle gets twisted and stuck and on the second bottle I broke it. It was still manageable.
All in all is was pretty good but the best part of this is the fact that when I used this on my back acne, it faded away. HUGE pimples were reduced to a small bump. It doesn't completely go away but it fades. I would repurchase but its $7-8 for this cleanser. A little pricey. Maybe I can get a coupon or something.
EDIT: Okay, I am DEFINITELY SO gonna repurchase!
i use a tumeric mask that helps with my skin but stains it. :( But when I washed this on it, OMG it was completely gone! Now I don't have to deal with an orange stained face for 3-4 hours!!!! Thank you Neutrogena!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Pieran

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Currently cleansing my face w this. I love that it cleans my pores so well without stripping my skin of moisture. I dont really need moisturizer after using it. CON: Fragrance. What's it doing in a "Natural" product?? Note to Neutrogena: Keep all the other ingredients. Lose the perfume. Then, it'll be perfect!