The Body Shop Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Flavor, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol, Water, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Tocopherol.

on 1/3/2008 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First of all, this stinks! It has an old car smell to it. I was foolish to read the raves and order it online before trying it out. Makes lips quite soft, but the feeling doesn't last very long and lips get addicted. So in my case, this doesn't work at all. This would be a total rip off bought with the full prize.

on 12/18/2007 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my 2nd time purchasing the cocoa butter lip care stick :)
It's a simple & straightforward lip balm with great moisturizing properties that prevent my lips from getting chapped or feeling dry throughout the day.

I have very dry lips though so it's become a habit for me to apply lip balm often & generously in a day. The good part is that this product doesn't disappoint each time ;)

It doesn't give much lasting shine (that some neutral lip balms are able to do) & this works for me because it allows me to reapply as many times without worrying that my lips look OTT with shine/a glossy surface.

The smell might require a little getting used to for some people however I personally liked it because I always find light cocoa butter scents yummy! :P

It's just a plain & boring ol' lip balm THAT WORKS! :D

Possible cons would be that it has no spf & might seem a lil pricey however it is understandably, a Bodyshop product.

on 12/14/2007 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought it when it was on sale. It smells good. But there are so many choices of lip care, I will try others.

on 12/12/2007 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! It smells great, lasts a long time, and makes my lips super soft. It feels very smooth on my lips. My husband uses it when his lips get chapped. I'll keep buying it, but I wish it came in a prettier tube.

on 12/10/2007 6:48:00 AM

I have serious dry lip problems in the winter, and this balm takes care of them pretty well. It is thick but not waxy, very emollient, and gives a nice shine. I often wear it overnight, and I wake up with nice soft lips without that smeary greasy feeling I get from more petroleum-based products.
There are a couple of negative points: the scent and the price. I am not crazy about that cocoa-y smell and I find it very strong when I first apply. I also think the price is a little cheeky considering how fast I tend to get through balms, but it's a Body Shop product and they aren't really known for bargain prices.
This is not my HG, but it is a good lip balm. I still find I get a little bit of dryness sometimes, so I am still on the look-out for the ultimate balm. That said, this is a good product and I would buy it again while I continue my search for the perfect product.

on 12/9/2007 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

awesome balm! totally moisturizes and leaves my lips looking nice, its creamy, smells nice and its hygenic cuz its in a tube :) sometimes the body shop has sales on this product, i stock up when they do!

on 11/12/2007 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Almost perfect. The texture was just right, I didnt need to re-apply often, and the smell is amazing. The only thing it dosent have is spf.

on 11/12/2007 11:32:00 AM

great scent but i don't get the hype, it's not that moisturizing but the scent will keep me purchasing again!

on 11/10/2007 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

i searched so much for a good lip balm..and i always find myself back to this lovely cocoa.. year after year.. season after season. it does it for me and it does it very well.. the right formula for any time of the day even before sleeping.. i wear it without worrying about my pillow or my hair getting sticky!
it moisturizes well enough for me. i have one at work, home and in my purse : )
Update: it isnt working anymore :( i found a way better one! the MAC lip conditioner that comes in a jar :D

on 10/16/2007 10:23:00 PM

Awesome product!! This lipbalm makes me lips soo soft and moisturized!! I got sick of the scent after awhile though. A definite repurchase!! :)

Popular Lip Treatments