July 31, 2014 | 2021 users online

Concealers - Revlon - PhotoReady Concealer SPF 20

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Sarahjuang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I did not like this concealer at all and the only reason why I gave it a 2 is because it has decent coverage. This concealer looked extremely cakey on my skin and even putting minimal product on can make my skin look cakey. Throughout the day when I wear this concealer, it tends to oxidate and turn into a yellow tone, and it's not just a little yellow. This concealer doesn't have much color selection so I bought the color closest to my skin tone, this color had way to much yellow undertones starting off with, and my skin already has a lot of yellow undertones. I don't recommend this concealer and I won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by rosiealice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Firstly, I have medium, olive-toned skin and am NC37 for reference.
It's kind of sad to admit, but when it comes to makeup I'm a bit of a snob. I'm a Mac girl at heart, so for anything makeup (particularly base products such as foundation, concealer and powder) I tend to steer clear of drugstore products and go for high end.
One day I just decided to buy this product, I think they had a 40% off sale so I thought I'd try it. I bought the concealer in the shade Light Medium, as I prefer something that can be used under the eye and for blemishes.
This concealer is amazing! My attitude toward drugstore products has completely changed since using this. Its twist up, stick form makes it super quick and easy for application, and saves on having to use a brush to scrape out product, say, from a jar. It does not drag across the skin, but simply glides over even the most sensitive areas of the face, like under the eye. I like to use my ring finger to gently pat this in, warming up the cream under my finger. I think this is more effective than using a brush, especially considering this is a fuller coverage, thicker concealer.
In summary, I absolutely love this product, and would definitely repurchase. If, like me, you're a a skeptic when it comes to drugstore concealers, you need not worry with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by pinimon162

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this concealer and consider it an excellent find (and better than high-end concealers I've tried). I used to suffer from acne - this covered spots really well, but I found I could also use it under my eyes and on highlight areas to perk my skin up. After my skin cleared I stopped wearing foundation - but still use this around my nose which tends to get red, and as a highlighter-concealer in areas. It looks natural and blends out effortlessly and works well even used alone.

I have the fairest skin you can imagine - not just pale, but almost transparent. Before I tried this I had sampled a multitude of concealers ranging from Maybelline to Estee Lauder - never found a good colour match until this. I use the fairest shade and although it appears in the packaging to be much darker than my skin tone, when on my skin it blends perfectly and it not orange - yay! For someone as pale as me, this is a big deal when dealing with concealers!

Price is reasonable and it lasted me the better part of a year using it nearly everyday. Plus it has a really good spf factor for concealer imo.

Honestly - I just finished this and did not repurchase. This is for the sole reason that as a student I have to economise where possible, and I had heard RAVES about the Collection 2000 concealer. Seeing as that is a good fiver cheaper, I picked it up and am going to see how it compares. But considering that is a liquid formulation, whilst this is a solid stick, I doubt it will last me anywhere near as long, so this will probably end up being cheaper in the long run. Unless the Collection 2000 blows me away, I will most definitely come back to my trusty Revlon!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by RThorn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This concealer has great coverage and blends out quickly. Shade Light Medium (003) works for my fair skin. I was surprised as I'm usually the lightest or second-lightest shades in most lines, so I'd say there are definitely options for PPP in this concealer. It is the concealer I reach for if I'm in a rush and need to cover a blemish quickly as I can just swipe it on and blend it out quickly and go. That may be a function of how well it matches my skin tone, but it is nearly invisible, so it's pretty foolproof. However, it's too heavy to use as an under-eye concealer, for me at least.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased 001 Fair and it's a good match for my complexion and has a slight peachy-pink undertone, for reference I wear MAC NC15 or Matchmaster shade 1 and Revlon Photoready in Vanilla. I do like that this product contains SPF and the formula is creamy and blendable, but the pigmentation and wear do not meet my needs. The coverage is around sheer to light and not buildable without looking obviously thick and cakey. In terms of wear I found this concealer migrates, melts, and settles into fine lines and creases despite using setting powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by screamstyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would never EVER buy this concealer again!!! it settles in my under eye area and itches in the healing acne!! Before using this product I never ever knew what settling under eye is!!! It is so bad.. But I guess it would work for dry skinned women

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

It is summer now and my skin tone is more of a NC25. I got the color in light but I think I should have gotten light medium. The light color definitely highlights my under eyes. With that said, let's move onto the review. The concealer is pretty nice because it is in a stick form. It is a medium to full coverage. It is buildable but it can definitely get cakey if applied too much. Unfortunately, there are some shimmers in the concealer it self. So it is a bit sparkly. If it is just used under the eyes, then it is a perfect highlight. It hasn't creased on me yet. It actually looks nice under my eyes. Definitely need just one or two swipes and anymore, it gets super cakey and looks like you are wearing makeup. As of now, I think I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by WalkingEmphasis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was flip-flopping on whether or not to rate this 3 or 4 lippies. I got this concealer mainly to hide redness on certain areas of my face and to conceal marks from blemishes that pop up once in a while. I would never add regular concealer under my eyes, so if that's what you want to know about for this concealer, this review won't help you.

That said, for redness: I think this concealer works really well if you're sim. y looking to even out your skintone. It covers my red areas excellently (mostly around my nose and smile line area). My skin is combination and can get very oily in my nose area, but even so, the product manages to stay That'sin place for a good while. The product is creamy and blends well for me, but I do use Murad for oil control, as a kind of moisturizer/primer before I apply. As long as my skin isn't too dry, the product looks and feels great. That said, on days I have dry spots, I don't appreciate the product as much, because it highlights the dry flakes.

For blemishes: I'd say it gives medium coverage. You can build it up, definitely, but the more you do so the less natural it looks. This doesn't necessarily matter, depending on what order you prefer to do your makeup. I really like using this concealer on the days I use my BB cream, as it looks even more natural in combination with it.

In terms of color options, I would only give this 2 lippies. There simply aren't enough options for the rainbow of skin colors out there and I think that's really unfortunate. I have olive skin, so I have naturally yellow undertones (when it's winter) and golden undertones during spring/summer. Light Medium, even for my undertones, would still be way too orangey for me in the winter months. In the summer months, however, 003 works well for my coloring.

The reason I was flip-flopping between 3 and 4 lippies: The sparkle. I had purchased this before I read any of the reviews here and I thought the people mentioning the sparkle were on crack, because I hadn't noticed it any of the times I applied this - both in and out of natural lighting. That said, after reading reviews, I went to look at mine to inspect for sparkles. Sure enough, it was there... which I really dislike. It makes no sense to me to add it to concealer. *However*, I stuck with 4 lippies because I honestly don't think I ever would have noticed on my own. I also wear E.L.F.s High Definition powder as my last step, and maybe that's why I never noticed any sparkle.

All in all, I would purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Gflow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this concealer, especially for the price. It gives good coverage and lasts a good while. It's neither too dry or greasy and easy to apply. It's the one I'm sticking with until I find one better.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It does its job well. The price is okay so I wasn't too disappointed about the performance. It covers redness but you can still see my bumps. I guess a pro/con would be its creaminess. It glides smoothly on my face and blends. But my skin is oily and after 2 hours there's just a patch of grease on my face.