Almay Get Up and Grow

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba ((Beeswax) Cire D'Abeille), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba ((Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax) Cire de Carnauba), Trisiloxane, Triethanolamine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Bis-Vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth-200 Linoleate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Nylon-6, Simethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Black 2 (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 9/24/2012 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I so wanted to give this 5 stars! I recently got this mascara and I saw reviews on here saying that it smudges but almost all mascara reviews will say that. I've never has a mascara smudge on me before so I thought it wouldn't happen to me.....but it does. Only after having this on less than a few hours I've got black smudges under my eyes. It looks terrible. On the other hand the formula is nice and dry which is perfect for my lashes and the brush is great. I have to build up this mascara but its so worth it because it makes me look like I have 10x more lashes! I just wish it wouldn't smudge! I'll use up my tube but I won't be repurchasing for obvious reasons.

on 9/16/2012 11:12:00 PM

Nice brush, looks good at first. After a few hours I notice "racoon eyes" from where this product has smeared/feathered under my eyes. Terrible staying power, will not repurchase.

on 8/27/2012 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have really short lashes, so when I tried this I was slightly disappointed. It made them darker and more defined than most mascara's, but not much else. I kept using it though because I prefer a subtle look. It dries out quickly. I have fallen into a routine where I curl my lashes, apply this for definition, curl again, wait, and then apply Rimmel London Scandaleyes Mascara which has a large applicator with lengthens and thickens the ends of my lashes, making a great look! :)

on 8/24/2012 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I heard about this mascara from one of my fave youtube beauty guru's EmilyNoel. I hate to say it but I don't care for it.
It looks and applies nicely BUT, it stays tacky for too long and doesn't allow for me to recurl and apply more mascara, which is what I have always done. My eyelashes stuck to my eyelash curler which is not good! If I wait for a pretty long time, eventually they will dry but that isn't what I want so I will not likely repurchase.

on 8/18/2012 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Of all the mascaras I've tried, my absolute favorite. Makes my lashes long, curled, seperated and thicker with a sort of wet black sheen to them, in just one coat! I'm oily in the eye area but it doesn't smudge or flake on me. My lashes seem thicker and healthier since use as well.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love, love, love this mascara! What a great drugstore find. The formula of this mascara is perfect for my eyelashes, separates them, curls them, lengthens them and of course, makes them more black. I let this mascara dry out a bit for about 2 weeks and have found it to be a million times better now.

on 8/5/2012 9:35:00 PM

No I will not buy again. I love long and thick eyelashes and this mascara only gives me color no volume or lenght. It does define eyelashes very nicely and the formula is not wet nor too dry. But maybe I was expecting too much out of it...

on 8/1/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I liked how this looked when I applied it, but after a few hours I looked in the mirror and WOW...it had smudged all over the place! I had high hopes, but I am disappointed!

on 7/24/2012 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Bought this product on a rec from a YTer. I love this mascara. I have to say it gives my lashes a great appearance AND it stays on all day! I reach for this mascara more than I do my MAC!

I usually love Almay products, but I would not repurchase this mascara. The brush is good, and it applies smoothly, (no clumps!) and it coats evenly giving me great length. The issue is the raccoon eyes. :/ This smudges all over the place, in a matter of hours. I'm in the medical field, I can't look depressed all the time or my clients will wonder about me, haha. This one is being replaced, just not sure with what yet.

Video Reviews & Tutorials