September 30, 2014 | 1858 users online

Mascara - Almay - Get Up and Grow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I love, love, love this mascara! What a great drugstore find. The formula of this mascara is perfect for my eyelashes, separates them, curls them, lengthens them and of course, makes them more black. I let this mascara dry out a bit for about 2 weeks and have found it to be a million times better now.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Makeuplovie

No I will not buy again. I love long and thick eyelashes and this mascara only gives me color no volume or lenght. It does define eyelashes very nicely and the formula is not wet nor too dry. But maybe I was expecting too much out of it...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by kaf414

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked how this looked when I applied it, but after a few hours I looked in the mirror and WOW...it had smudged all over the place! I had high hopes, but I am disappointed!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by PhatRabbit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this product on a rec from a YTer. I love this mascara. I have to say it gives my lashes a great appearance AND it stays on all day! I reach for this mascara more than I do my MAC!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I usually love Almay products, but I would not repurchase this mascara. The brush is good, and it applies smoothly, (no clumps!) and it coats evenly giving me great length. The issue is the raccoon eyes. :/ This smudges all over the place, in a matter of hours. I'm in the medical field, I can't look depressed all the time or my clients will wonder about me, haha. This one is being replaced, just not sure with what yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Nina12

This mascara made my lashes long and volumize! This mascara is ssooo far the best for drugstores! I'd tried the Covergirl LashBlast, L'Oreal Voluminous Origianl and others, this mascara made an impression on me! I have short and scarce lagers and this mascara made my lashes like I have an decent amount! My lashes are also kinda wired cuz my left lashes have more lashes than my right which is wired but this mascara made both of my lashes on each eye look even? No mascara made my lashes look even before! I will definitely repurchase th mascara! This s my fav mascara! I really notice more growth or make my lashes longer than before though. I also didn't notice smudging at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Generally, I quite like this mascara. I like the packaging & the wand is perfect. I also like the way it separates my lashes. There is no clumping at all! Basically, it makes my lashes fan out very nicely. I'm not sure whether or not it has lengthening properties, as my lashes are already long, but it can give you volume if you build it up.

What I don't like about this mascara however, is that it smudges! It doesn't smudge a lot, but whenever I wear this, I come home and see a smudge under one of my eyes. This mascara also takes days to remove, but then so does every other mascara I've tried...

All in all, I really like the look this mascara gives, but I can't wear something that's going to smudge! I really wish it didn't! *sad face*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Emily Noel has never let me down. I love & appreciate all of her recommendations. Being a collector of mascaras & frequent lash wearer on HDTV she convinced me in a heartbeat to try this one and I must say she's right on about the LENGTHHHH and volume this mascara offers. Its the closest thing I have applied that make my lashes look like falsies, it curls & defines EACH lash, the tiny baby hairs on the inner eye that you didn't know existed as well as the ten extra strands on the outer tip of the eye that you never noticed before. I love the shape of this brush & how I'll be coating the mid eye (pupil) area and everything around it just FLARES out and this is what gives the un-intentional volume that your not even expecting. I'm simply amazed by it. But ofcourse there's a reality check, something that doesn't fit the bill right-the FORMULA. Its sooo dryingg I literally notice tiny BEADS of clumps as I extend the brush from the root to the tip, even before I attempt a second coat. As other Almay mascaras (one coat thickening) it dries INSTANTLY not giving you a chance to perfect the masterpiece. But I haven't given up, I'm convinced I picked up an old tube or didn't close it completely or something because Emily would have picked up on the defect and warned me...so I'l just have to repurchase another one and report back!

And yes its worth the experimentation.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by kbabyd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I want to like this more than I do, but ultimately, it just doesn't work for me. A couple of stand-out details: the black is *really* black, and Almay doesn't animal test. But this formula does flake on me throughout the day which is the deal-breaker.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by vintagy

I really wanted to like this product! I tried it on a friend's recommendation. I'm Asian and I have very straight lashes, so I need mascaras that will keep the curl up. My friend has similar lashes to mine and loved my HG mascaras as well (CG Lashblast and Maybelline Falsies), so I thought it would work for me as well.
Boy I was mistaken. I was impressed with the sturdy, luxurious packaging, but when I actually curled my lashes and tried it out, it barely did anything for my lashes. It looked like I didn't even have mascara on, and then my lashes lost its curl right away. To put it simply, I will not be repurchasing this and I haven't used it since. If you have naturally curly lashes, this may work well for a natural look but sadly it didn't work for me.