October 21, 2014 | 1767 users online

Foundations - Rimmel - Clean Finish

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

How can you not love a foundation that comes with a nifty little spatula!? I was using the Bare Minerals powder foundation and thought it was great at first but then when the summer heat/humidity hit I started realizing that #1 my face was looking VERY cakey after about 3-4 hours and #2 that the foundation was wearing off in patches at about the 6 hour mark; just not ideal when you work an 8 Ĺ hour day. So when I ran out of the Bare Minerals I decided I wanted to go back to liquid foundation but didnít know what to get since I have tried almost every foundation in the drugstore and havenít liked them for various reasons. So I started researching online to find another foundation to try and this one kept coming up with mostly great reviews. I know you can get this foundation in Wal-Mart for about $4 but I hate going there and went to my local CVS instead and paid $5 for it. I apply it with my Real Techniques buffing brush; it blends so easily and gives me such great coverage. I donít have any active breakouts right now but I do have some recent acne scars that this actually covers. I actually donít need to use concealer after I put this on; it covers so well for being so light weight. I set it with BM's Mineral Veil or the Mineral Veil from Maybelline and I can actually get away with not having to touchup or blot for the whole day; at the end of the day it looks dewy on me but not oily or greasy. I havenít had it oxidize on me like a lot of people are saying it does; but never say never. Iíve been using it for about 2 weeks and am in love with it; the only thing that could pry me from this foundation is if it starts to break me out. Iíll update this review if anything starts to go south.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by librarygirl85

I mix this foundation with my Mac one, sometimes. It's nice, but a little drying. It dries fast so once you dot your face, get to blending, quickly! I don't like the shade range, the color I have now is Warm Ivory and it is a little light for me, but mixed with my MAC 1.5 it's pretty even. For a quick and cheap solution its nice to have. I also like the spatula it comes with, helps with dispensing product.

EDIT - March 2013: I started using this foundation exclusively this winter (my Mac foundation was too dark). It broke me out. So coupled with the quick drying effect and this newest development I threw the bottle away.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by lushorchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

for reference: I'm about an NC35, somewhat olive toned, purchased 420 Warm sand and it's a good match. No problems with clog prone, sensitive, combo/dry skin.

Purchased this inexpensive foundation on a whim and I'm surprised to find myself using it fairly often. Comes in a screw top glass bottle with a plastic spatula applicator. Thick creamy formula gives medium/light coverage, not too matte or dewy, close to skin texture, melts into skin well. Formula sets relatively quickly after application, coverage is buildable, staying power is slightly above average.
Overall natural finish, and haven't seen any oxidization as mentioned in other reviews. Seems like the lighter shades oxisdise, but perhaps not the darker shades?
I'll definitely use it up and may buy again. Another option in the same price range is NYC smooth skin foundation which has medium leaning toward full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Luna2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Admittedly I first bought this because it was under $4 at Wal-Mart and it said 100% Poreless.I got home tried it and hated it didn't cover anything and looked cakey. Somehow I used half the bottle, but I later retried it because Tanya Burr used it for her $20 makeup challenge and it looked amazing and covered so well for her. This time I just buffed it on with the Real Techniques buffing brush and it looked flawless all my acne scars were covered! I just used a little bit too like one spatula scoop (this bottle contains no pump but had this spatula that is attached to the inside of the cap) This covered better than my Revlon colorstay and my Estee Lauder MAXIMUM coverage foundation! I couldn't believe it so definitely a must buy especially since it's under $4. For color references I wear this in the shade True Ivory which is a pretty decent match and I'm in the shade Buff from Revlon, and Creamy Vanilla in the Estee Lauder Maximum coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by nikkinikki92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a few months. I keep changing foundations but i always go back to this one!
This has amazing coverage and looks perf on my skin.
i don't know what people mean by it turned them orange, i haven't had that problem and i'm super pale.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by 525LHynes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I CANNOT believe this foundation is only $4. It feels light, doesn't cling to the flakes/dry areas on my face & lasted all day (in an office with air conditioning so there was very little exposure to the "elements.") The color range is limited, I'll admit, but even with my fair skin and persistent redness I was able to find something suitable for an everyday basis (for reference, I purchased the Warm Ivory because they didn't have any Ivory when I went & oddly enough, I thought the True Ivory was too dark. Also, I'm in denial about my paleness so I always tend to choose a shade or two darker!) The coverage is medium so if you're looking for full coverage you might want to look elsewhere because I think if you were to try and build this up it would start to get cakey. I didn't experience the same problem with oxidization as others have mentioned but, my skin is fairly dry so that might be the reason there. All in all, I'd say it was a very good purchase & I'd probably repurchase...if they don't release the Wake Me Up foundation in the US :/

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Jillie79

LOVE <3 I'm in my 30's and have used everything under the sun. I got tired of paying $40 for a bottle of foundation then saw this. I thought why not ($4 at Target...hot damn). This stuff is amazing. I don't understand the "orange" people are talking about. I always use a primer so maybe that helps. It's a beautiful consistency, the little spatula is great, blends perfect & stays put quite well. It literally makes my skin look like a doll. I recommend it to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by lonestar848

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked 2 bottles of this foundation for $3.97 each at Walmart. I was hoping this would be my HG foundation, and sadly, I will have to resume my hunt. :(
At first, I loved this foundation. The applicator is wonderful. It is a paddle design, that in my opinion helps get an even application. It gives the PERFECT coverage for my skin (i have a bit of acne and blackheads) and it matched me perfectly. The color selection was limited, and seemed geared more to medium skintones.
However, I noticed that after an hour or 2, it made my skin turn ORANGE. And when i say orange, i mean like a spray tan gone wrong. I mixed this in with my tinted moisturizer (it has been discontinued) and it takes it away completely, but i am running out of the tinted moisturizer. I finished the first bottle and I'm still going to finish the rest of my current bottle.
I really wanted to love this foundation, but sadly, this is a no go.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by dollyhorse101

I am really liking this stuff!! The spatula makes it so easy to apply and it blends really nicely without looking cakey. I only use one layer of any foundation cause I prefer a light-medium coverage and this is exactly what it gives me! I am very fair so I got the lightest shade and it matches me pretty darn well. It oxidizes a little bit during the day but it certainly doesn't make me look orange! And with a bit of lighter powder it fixes it up, no problem! I love the finish of this too, it's so smooth looking and really makes my skin look great without it looking like I have a lot of makeup on, and it doesn't make my skin look too matte or dewy. Its a nice in-between. It also doesn't get oily! It stays on me throughout the whole day. Its my new go to foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by TheUniqueDaniB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation, it gives medium coverage, but don't try to layer it because it will turn orange, I think thats why it turned orange on some- they tried to get more coverage out of it. It does accentuate my pores sadly, but it's ok with a good primer.