Rimmel Clean Finish

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua, Propylene glycol, Dicaprylate/ Dicaprate, Butylene glycol, Coco-Caprylate/ Caprate, Glyceryl stearate, Isostearic acid, Lanolin alcohol, Triethanolamine, Talc, Cetyl alcohol, Kaolin, Stearic acid, Magnesium aluminum silicate, Steareth-21, Stearyl alcohol, Dimethicone/ vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl glycol, Cellulose gum, Xanthan gum, Lecithin, Disodium edta, Steareth-2, Sorbic acid, Propylene glycol laurate, Propylene glycol stearate, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Witch Hazel Extract, Laureth-4, Magnesium Ascorbyl phosphate, Retinyl palmitate, Tocopheryl acetate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 12/2/2012 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I saw this yesterday at Wal-Mart & had just ran out of my old foundation, it was I think called "For Colored Girls" something like that. Anyway, I saw this & bought the Warm Carmel because it was about 5 dollars, matched my skin & looked pretty good & everything. I tried this on earlier today & I cant describe how wonderful this has worked for me! It is like weightless on my skin & covers up most of my small cuts. The only problem I guess is how quickly it dries but that isn't bad if your in a rush, only if your taking your time. Basically If you want a good foundation this is the one to get. :)

on 11/5/2012 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Not really bad by any means, just not that great. I have it in the lightest shade, and I found that it oxidized on my face not too long after I applied it. It applies kind of thick as well. I thought the spatula was a cute idea, and pretty necessary because this stuff is thick. Not all that liquidy at all. I did like the finish it gave, almost like my regular foundation CoverGirl's Natureluxe. I won't repurchase, though. It may be cheap, but it's not my favorite.

I got this on clearance at Walgreens for around $2.50. I bought this because I needed a new foundation for the winter.
I applied it with a foundation brush and it was not going on very well. It did not blend into my skin until I went back with a wet sponge and blended it in. The finish is VERY DEWY. I have dry skin and it looked like my skin was wet- so I set it with some powder, added bronzer for contouring and I was fine.
The coverage is light to medium, I wouldn't recommend building this foundation as it is a very dewy finish.
You could go over this foundation with a powder and get more coverage.

I got this when I was tan so the colour now is awful. No longer my colour now that summer is gone, boo. It applied quite natural and light but you have to work quickly with it, otherwise you end up with a beautiful streaky/blotchy finish. It oxidizes to quite an orange colour (every colour I tried in the store did this). The bottle is actually the only part of this product that I love. In the cap is a spatula which makes mixing your foundation easy and makes it even easier to get the right amount out. I wish all non pump bottles were like this! Everything mentioned before was not a deal breaker and can be balanced out with a little bit of effort. BUT. THE SMELL. The smell is the deal breaker. It smells awful, like someone legitimately threw up in your foundation. At first I thought it was the soap I used to wash my brushes, I realized it was the foundation when I used makeup sponges and the horrible smell was still there. I had to clean all my foundation brushes multiple times before the smell came out YUCK. I wish I could return this!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I was running around the store a couple of days ago searching for a better foundation I have VERY sensitive skin, it will either get extremely dry and flaky or it will break out depending on the makeup I use. I found Rimmel Clean Finish it was only $4 and said 100% poreless so I figured I'd try it. I put it on and it was very light, covered amazingly and felt very soft on my skin and not oily or anything. It lasted ALL DAY!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

on 9/26/2012 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I tried this out yesterday and I really like it.
It is easy to blend and the coverage is medium.
It feels light on the skin and is stayed on for a good 4 hours before my oil started to seep through.
I have very oily-combo skin, VERY ACNE prone like to the point where I need meds. And my skin wasn't irritated by it,
I would re-purchase for the great packaging and product
Spatulas rule!

***edit: It actually oxidized on me to a nasty dark tan colour. It looked amazing when applied on but it looked worse throughout the day

on 9/18/2012 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was recommended this product by a fellow YouTube Beauty Guru and I must say, this foundation is definitely worth a try! Reading the other reviews I was a little skeptical about buying it because I had just recovered from all the cystic acne that a past foundation gave me. I was surprised at the cost! It's around $5 here in the US.

The packaging looks clean and sturdy with an amazing spatula! Very helpful and easy to use.

The foundation itself is actually light and blends in to the skin seamlessly. There's a slight scent to it but this shouldn't distract anyone. The coverage is light-medium but easily has the potential to be full. Doesn't feel like there's any makeup on at all!

As it's advertised, it does eliminate some pores but not all of them. The big pores are still visible but the medium-small pores have completely disappeared and it only gets better with a good primer.

The staying power is about average! It does start to fade off at around 8 hours but usually still leaves a decent coverage if worn 8+ hours. It would be a good idea to set it with some powder too!

The only cons I can think of is the color choices because they're all so closely related when viewed from the outside but really the colors are completely different from each other on the skin! Make sure you swatch it!

All in all, for those who need some scarring to cover up or redness, like me, this foundation is perfect for everyday! I run around campus all day long and during the summer heat, this does the job! I recommend applying with a nice dense flat top kabuki brush for fuller coverage, and a stippling brush for lighter coverage. Definitely grab one and try it! You're not losing much if it's a no-go. I am so happy I grabbed one!

on 9/13/2012 6:57:00 PM

Drys quickly; Good price point for drugstore foundation; Easily mixed with spatula.
However, the cons: Oxidizes (orange/darker than initial shade-more or less noticeable depending on your skin; Caused breakouts; Staying power/transfers; Need to clean spatula if applying directly to skin to avoid contamination; If not careful, neck of bottle gets messy/cap stained.

on 9/13/2012 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This foundation is wonderful!!
Pros
Super smooth
Light/medium coverage
Not greasy
Super affordable (I got mine for $6C)

Cons
Color ranges can be difficult to choose from
There is no pump, but there is a spatula but it's still a bit messy!

All in all this a a great foundation and a great dupe for a luxury brand!

on 8/31/2012 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I decided to check out a new drugstore foundation because all of my other foundations were higher-end and I didn't want to waste them for everyday. I looked up some reviews online, here of course, and saw it had decent ratings and the price was around $4, how could I say no?
Upon trying it, I thought I had chosen the perfect color. I have a very pale olive skin tone with very prominent yellow undertones. I had swatched the foundations in-store to get a good idea of the color I should buy, and the one I purchased seemed to be a good match. When I saw the foundation in natural light it seemed a bit too pink for me and a tad too dark, but work-able. The color wasn't too off and I dismissed it.
The factor that set me away from this foundation is the fact that it does not sit well on my skin! I have tried so many different foundations and I don't think I've ever has such a problem with caking in my life. Something about this foundation and my skin does not work together, no matter how I try it. It especially does not respond well to when I use a primer, which is unfortunate because this foundation really tends to show off my pores.
It's a heavy foundation, and I don't mean coverage-wise. The foundation literally sits on your skin but it's coverage is close to medium. I try to build the foundation and I haven't had luck. I'm the kind of girl who needs a full-coverage foundation and this is not it.
In regards to the finish, you get a very dewy finish. Too dewy. But this is easily brought down with a powder. I tried the Rimmel Stay Matte along with this, and it worked decently. I'd say it looked like I had a nice skin finish once powdered.
Overall, I'm still trying to work with this foundation so I can get my use out of it. It's not completely horrid and if you can find your color and have a great powder to matte it down, you'll be good! I wouldn't recommend for oily or mature skin types. This might work good on dry to normal skin. Considering it was so cheap, I might just toss it. I would return it if I didn't lose the receipt!