August 22, 2014 | 1973 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by sahara64

Had to try this after seeing a YT review by EmilyNoel....and she was right! The crease color is amazingly pigmented...I'm so very impressed by all the WNW Icon palettes. Why spend $14 on one eyshadow from MAC, when literally, I have found the majority of these are sometimes BETTER! Yes, MAC has a much better selection if you are after a specific color, but the price? Can't be beat!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by kgloverii

The WNW palettes are incredibly amazing quality wise. Pigments are amazing, there's usually minimal fallout, and the shadows are just soft and buttery. I would NEVER have anticipated you could find such incredible quality, and fashion forward colors in the cheapest drug store brand out there (for the most part).
My favorite palette (until now) was Sweet as Candy, because the colors, they might not be jaw-droppingly different, create an unbelievable great everyday look that gives you a fresh well-rested look. I've seen all of the talk about the Silent Treatment and largely ignored it because I thought I had found "the ultimate" already. But the reviews, they kept talking about that eyelid color, and it was haunting me at night, because for $3, I should at least see what the fuss was about. So I caved.

At the store the colors look decent behind that cheap plastic top. But pop that top, and HEELLLLOOO, Mama! That eyelid color especially just looks so darn purdy... It's so hard to describe, it's like greige, I guess. It's grayish, taupish, lilacish. You put it on, and you can see all three tones in there. The crease is a super dark brown that shows some glitter, but I don't see any shimmer when I apply. It's super super pigmented, so I really have to want to spend time fussing with my makeup that day to even use as a shadow. I prefer to use it with my Smashbox cream eyeliner brush as an eyeliner. The brow color is a creamy pink that's almost nude, but adds brightness to the browbone, and blends with the lid color like a dream.

This is the best trio they have, even excluding the crease color. I'd pay $20 alone for that lid color. It's that incredibly awesome. You can layer it deeper and darker for a sultry night look, but you can keep it lighter and wear it all day, everyday, and know you look knock-out amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by mandy_mann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's become my most frequently reached-for item whether I want a daytime polished look or a dramatic evening look. Every shade in this trio is gorgeous. Other makeup addicts see me wear this and ask what it is...I love the reactions when I tell them it's Wet 'n' Wild Silent Treatment trio. The eyeshadows go on smooth and pigmented. The color lasts all day on my lids.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Silent Treatment is a palette that I'm likely to repurchase before I hit pan (after Jordana discontinued Lovely I got nervous and don't want to lose another favorite). Each shadow is creamy and easy to apply. The eyelid shade is a gorgeous taupe that reads silver/purple on my lids. I also really enjoy the highlight color which is a soft pink/peach. The crease shade is too dark for the full crease, so I use it in the corner of my eye and then buff it out into the crease for a light shadow. Silent Treatment is by far my favorite WNW palette.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by hkempler

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: I finally found a way to use the browbones colour! Iíve been using it as a setting powder for my concealer and it works wonder, thanks to its smooth texture and not-so-obvious light reflecting quality. I occasionally use it on my cupidís bow which also works well.

This is my first drugstore eyeshadow, so this will be a review from a point of view of someone (me!) who never used drugstore eyeshadow before.

Eyelid: I agree with the previous reviews that this was, by far, the best in the trio. Itís a gorgeous taupy brown that is versatile. It works well with all my other eye shadows (MAC, NARS and UD).

Crease: I bought this trio because I was originally drawn to the crease colour (matte dark brown with glitters). In the pan itís vaguely similar to NARS Mekong which Iíve been eyeing. However, when I put it on, there was no glitter in sight. I was a little disappointed.

Browbone: The browbone colour is my least favourite. It doesnít really show up or add anything special. Itís not a good highlighting colour, IMO.

Overall: The colour payoff was good, not excellent. As for the staying power, even with UP Primer Potion, all three colours unfortunately fade and fall a little by the end of the day causing a little racoon eye effectÖjust a little. Although it isnít as good as high end eye shadows, itís $3, so Iím still satisfied.

Verdict: I wanted to love it so much (who doesnít like saving $!), but I ended up just ďlikingĒ it. Would I re-purchase this trio? No. But I will recommend it to others. Will I purchase another Wet Ďní Wild trio? ABSOLUTELY. I will probably purcahse one more - in Spoiled Brat.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by GetFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best drugstore eyeshadows on the market. I agree with others when I (enthusiastically) say the taupe shadow in this palette is worth triple what WnW charges for all three colors.

But, first off: the other two. The light pink is a fairly typical drugstore-quality shadow. The color is nice, but the product is very dry and a little chalky to apply. It's a "meh." It won't be your favorite highlighting eyeshadow by any means. The dark color is nice and fairly versatile. Nothing super special. Texture is better than the lightest color.

The taupe really is amazing. It has a soft, velvety texture, goes on incredibly smoothly, and is a really dynamic, beautiful, purple-gray-taupey color. I have gray/green eyes and this makes them look great. I will buy more of these palettes for this color alone, and even being a little disappointed by the other colors can't make me give this anything less than 5 stars, just because Wet n Wild is SO inexpensive that when combining sales and coupons at CVS, you can practically get it for pocket change.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

EDIT: Ok, so I think I get what is so magical about this now. It really is that lid color. It's so unique and alluring. Its like, taupe/grey./lilac. It's pretty weird, but it works!
* * *
Is there something that i'm missing here...?
I hate to rain on this parade, but this palette just didn't dazzle me. I love all the WnW palette's because their shadows are so pigmented and vibrant; this one is the only exception. It's not terrible, but this combination of shades just don't suit eachother. When blended together it kinda just looks like this "murkey water" smokey eye. Although all the colors are beautiful on their own (especially that unique taupe shade), I was not impressed :/ Must go back and buy my "Walking on Egg Shells" palette- My fav!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by kyphie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I've had this palette for over a year now, just pulled it out and started using it the other day and I'm in love! Believe the hype..this is an awesome palette. I will say that I am tempted to break the darn lid off and throw it out!! It's very difficult to open and I always ruin the polish on my thumnail opening it...I suppose depotting would solve that problem, yes? :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The colors in this quad were ashy against my NC50/NW45 skintone. The taupey lavender color turned out to be white when applied even with a base. The peachy pink shade gave me the same result. However the dark plum brown was amazing and use it to deepen the crease when I wear purple looks and don't want to use a purple in the crease.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Amlymei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I reach for it daily when I just want some basic eye color. Pigment is amazing for the price ( especially the middle crase color!) Last all day, no creasing. Creates a wonderful daily smokey eye too! Just ignore the crappy sponge and brush it comes with. Would recommend, and will buy again.