April 16, 2014 | 1615 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by GetFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best drugstore eyeshadows on the market. I agree with others when I (enthusiastically) say the taupe shadow in this palette is worth triple what WnW charges for all three colors.

But, first off: the other two. The light pink is a fairly typical drugstore-quality shadow. The color is nice, but the product is very dry and a little chalky to apply. It's a "meh." It won't be your favorite highlighting eyeshadow by any means. The dark color is nice and fairly versatile. Nothing super special. Texture is better than the lightest color.

The taupe really is amazing. It has a soft, velvety texture, goes on incredibly smoothly, and is a really dynamic, beautiful, purple-gray-taupey color. I have gray/green eyes and this makes them look great. I will buy more of these palettes for this color alone, and even being a little disappointed by the other colors can't make me give this anything less than 5 stars, just because Wet n Wild is SO inexpensive that when combining sales and coupons at CVS, you can practically get it for pocket change.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

EDIT: Ok, so I think I get what is so magical about this now. It really is that lid color. It's so unique and alluring. Its like, taupe/grey./lilac. It's pretty weird, but it works!
* * *
Is there something that i'm missing here...?
I hate to rain on this parade, but this palette just didn't dazzle me. I love all the WnW palette's because their shadows are so pigmented and vibrant; this one is the only exception. It's not terrible, but this combination of shades just don't suit eachother. When blended together it kinda just looks like this "murkey water" smokey eye. Although all the colors are beautiful on their own (especially that unique taupe shade), I was not impressed :/ Must go back and buy my "Walking on Egg Shells" palette- My fav!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by kyphie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well, I've had this palette for over a year now, just pulled it out and started using it the other day and I'm in love! Believe the hype..this is an awesome palette. I will say that I am tempted to break the darn lid off and throw it out!! It's very difficult to open and I always ruin the polish on my thumnail opening it...I suppose depotting would solve that problem, yes? :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The colors in this quad were ashy against my NC50/NW45 skintone. The taupey lavender color turned out to be white when applied even with a base. The peachy pink shade gave me the same result. However the dark plum brown was amazing and use it to deepen the crease when I wear purple looks and don't want to use a purple in the crease.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Amlymei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff! I reach for it daily when I just want some basic eye color. Pigment is amazing for the price ( especially the middle crase color!) Last all day, no creasing. Creates a wonderful daily smokey eye too! Just ignore the crappy sponge and brush it comes with. Would recommend, and will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a neutral palette for those gals that like pop!

The browbone color is super pigmented and a wearable baby pink. It is a little powdery, but not so much that it isn't easy enough to work with.

The crease color is nice, but it is not as outstanding as the other 2 colors. It would take a little bit to make it opaque for a super dark smoky look

The taupe is what totally MAKES this palette. It is buttery, not powdery, opaque, and drop dead gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The bottom shadow in this trio is the best thing since Stila discontinued Dapple. Outstanding! Don't let the cheap packaging fool you, these shadows are really fantastic. Very blendable, long-wearing, and the texture/finish is just lovely.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by JuJu05

What you would expect for a 2.99 drugstore eyeshadow!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my absolute FAVORITE Wet N' Wild trio, and that's saying something because I love all of them. The browbone color is a very light, shimmery pink. I have cool skin and it barely picks up any color but is an effective highlight. The crease color is INSANE... You need one tiny TAP, not even a swipe, of color to do your whole crease. The pigmentation is out of this world. But the best part of this is the lid color... I'm going to buy this palette again just to make sure I have a backup of that gorgeous, taupe-y shade. It's so beautiful and flattering. You can wear it during the day with a light hand or smoke it out for a more dramatic look. Wet N' Wild kills the competition as far as eyeshadows go as far as quality AND price is concerned.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by berrybellajoy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must be colour blind b/c I always thought that taupe shade was lilac. Lol! Doesn't matter b/c it truly is a unique and beautiful colour. My only gripe w/ this trio and the others is that I would have preferred a matte highlight and/or matte crease. Oh..and I travel everyday w/ my m/u b/c I'm always in such a morning rush but my trio has since shattered. Only the black is in tact. However, I will still repurchase b/c the trio works wonders for my brown eyes and NC 35-NC 40 skintone.