Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysillicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon 12, Sythetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Calcium Aluminum Borosillicate, Silica, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Tin Oxide May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5, Black 2, Aluminum Powder, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Blue 1, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Red 40

on 7/30/2012 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Pretty good trio for the price, especially since I got it with a coupon. The crease color is incredibly pigmented, and actually looks more black on me than brown, and the shimmer doesn't show up on me. Not necessarily a bad thing, just not quite what I was expecting. I'm not a huge fan of taupe (sue me), but the taupe in this is pretty, I just don't wear it much because I'm not hugely attracted to taupe. The highlight color is WAY too dark be a highlight on me. It works beautifully as a pretty peachy lid color, though. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but that's only because I get bored of eye shadow and like to switch it up when I buy.

on 7/30/2012 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

DEFINITELY believe the hype on this product! I promise you, you will not be disappointed in this set of colors. The texture, the pigmentation, and the lasting power are all amazing.

I am a high end makeup girl; both by choice and by necessity. I have extremely sensitive skin and eyes, and I also wear contact lenses. I can't even begin to list all of the horrible drugstore (and even some high end) makeup that's broken me out since I was a preteen. Therefore, I shop very carefully for cosmetics purchased outside of department stores. I make sure to comb reviews for complaints of break outs or irritation, and I always check out swatch pictures for quality.

With Wet n Wild's eye makeup, I was very worried about having an allergic reaction, but the swatches of this trio were so gorgeous that I couldn't resist. Thank God I didn't; this set of colors instantly became my favorite, and I've actually hit pan on the browbone color less than two months in. The color is a beautiful, subtle peach that I never expected to fall passionately in love with! (I'm much more of a purple girl than a neutral girl.) It looks great with ANYTHING. Sometimes I swipe it all over the lid and only add some mascara and people compliment me on how beautiful I look.

I don't own MAC Satin Taupe, but everyone says that the eyelid shade is an exact dupe. It's a gorgeous, minky shade that can pull grey, brown, or even a little plum depending on what you pair it with. I adore this shade. It's another one that looks great on the lid, with some winged gel eyeliner and a hot pink lip. I also wear it as a wash for running errands. Even without a primer, it lasts all day.

The middle crease shade is the only one that I have a minor complaint about. In the pan, this deep chocolate brown has golden, champagne glitter that is just to die for. On the skin, however, the glitter is lost. There's still a very lovely sheen and shimmer to this shade, but it's a bit drier than the other two. It's not a big deal; it still looks very smoldery and sexy in the crease. I just wish it looked more like it does in the pan! This is the only reason I took off one lippie, but even then, I'd still give this product an overall 4.5 stars!

All in all, you cannot find better eyeshadows for the price. I was bowled over by the fact that for $2.99, you can get three lovely shades that compliment one another just as well as they compliment other eyeshadows in your collection. I plan on buying two back-up ASAP, because I want one for my emergency makeup kit, and one to use when I run out of this trio, which I definitely will. I use it weekly and can't get enough of it!

on 7/30/2012 10:14:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I'm just here to agree with everyone else - the taupe shade in this trio is beautiful. It's buttery and soft and it looks lovely by itself.

Which is good, because I can't use this crease color AT ALL. It's terrifically pigmented and dark and I am not good enough at eyeshadow to place it precisely. Instead it gets all over my eyelid and once I even had to take all the makeup off and start over again. Now I just forgo the sparkly black.

I haven't used the highlight color yet, but it looks pretty and fairly foolproof. My recommendation: Buy it, because the taupe is sophisticated and pretty. But the crease color is rated EXPERT.

on 7/13/2012 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Well, another wonderful trio from WNW. All three shadows are softer and easy to apply. The browbone color is actually very sheer with fine milled shimmer. The lid color is of course the super star of this trio. It's a taupe with silver and a little purple -- I don't know how to describe it. It just looks wonderful in the pan and in my eyes. I love it more than Nutty.
The crease color has some gold glitter, but I found it quite matte when applied. Use it as definer. I have recommondated to many of my girls.

on 7/10/2012 6:45:00 PM

I LOVE this trio! The shades are very pigmented and they're perfect for a natural smokey eye. It does tend to get everywhere if you're not careful but that's a small price to pay in my opinion. I plan on using it daily and also going back and buying a few backups! I'd recommend this to anyone :)

on 7/7/2012 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

For the price this trio is amazing. Like many others what pulled me in was the eyelid color which is a beautiful neutral purpley taupe. The crease color is a matte brown with gold sparkles which looks gorgeous for smokey eye looks. The browbone color is a really pretty pale pink, which is nice for everyday. Overall I love this product, the staying power is really good but the eyeshadows are very crumbly. I took one lippie off because I've had problems with the eyelid color getting in the other two. However I'm willing to overlook that based on the awesomeness of the eyeshadow quality and wear.

on 7/7/2012 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

Good shadows for daytime/everyday, they are very pretty and pigmented, and only $3. However, very tough to work with. It takes a lot of work to master these shadows, as they are very crumbly/powdery. But if you work hard enough the finished product is gorgeous. Not for beginners though, it's easy to mess this up.

on 7/4/2012 10:08:00 PM

Gives great smoky eyes! I use all the colors in this palette as they are all so lovely and easy to blend.

on 6/19/2012 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Let me just jump on the bandwagon here…got this on sale at Rite Aid for $1.29. How can you go wrong for that price?

I use concealer as my eye primer and this does not crease when applied over my concealer. Love the color, doesn’t “drop” below my eye when I apply it like a lot of other cheapie eye shadows.

Really, it’s so cheap you have no excuse not to try this! As others have said, be careful with it, it will crumble if not cared for!

on 6/19/2012 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Okay, I've dissed Wet n' Wild Icon eyeshadows in the past, but with this palette I finally get what all the excitement is about. I was lemming for the Nars Lhasa eyeshadow and heard that this palette had a dupe, so I figured for $3 what's the harm? It looks lovely. I took one point off for how delicate the packaging is. I packed it in my luggage on a trip and now the shadows are very powdery. Hard to keep it clean. But when I apply it on my lid with a brush it goes on buttery and soft. Very nice! I also found in the crease shade a dupe for my favorite MAC eyeshadow Smut! And I love the highlight shade, a lovely light pink that reminds me of MAC Orb! Anyway, great trio and yes, I am happy to finally get on the WnW love train.