December 19, 2014 | 1234 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by ravia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Review for Lip Perfection - Feline 385
(I didn't know how to add a separate review for this particular colour)
I used the site's colormatch system so I chose Feline amongst quite a lot of choices and I am glad I did. It is a beautiful pearly colour, well pigmented and goes well with my pale skin tone and dark blond hair; surely not a blah colour. If I wanted a blah colour, I would go without lipstick! It would say it is exactly a couple or so shades darker than my lips.
The taste doesn't bother me as it has a slightly soapy smell which is nice actually.
I often get disappointed with pinks or roses due to their small pigmentation but not this time. Cover girl makes a quality lipstick and I recommend this colour for those who like shiny true medium pinks (not too blue) and who are neutral fair skinned as this can go either warm or cool.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 6:06:00 PM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love LOVE these lipsticks! I picked up a nice light nude color last week that I ended up loving so much that I grabbed two other colors today. The texture is wonderful - so lightweight and they don't feel like I coated my lips in wallpaper paste. They are super-moisturizing and long-lasting, and I love that they leave the tiniest stain behind on the lips so I don't have to worry that I'm getting that lipliner-no-lipstick chola look.
Who needs MAC? :-) (No, seriously, the one MAC lipstick I have [Diva] dries my lips out so badly and fades like crazy no matter what I do with it. This CG lippie stays on for so long!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by jesssimae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I have 325 Spellbound (fuchsia )405 Fairy Tale (pinky coral), & 260 Heavenly (baby pink). One of my lips is darker than the other, so if it applies streaky on my top lip i use a finger to blend and it works great! i reccommend thse colors for mac nc50/nw43-45 skin tones.
i really like them all. spellbound is actually the love of my lip-life lol. im just getting into lip color and i think that these are so great for the price. they are crappy quality like NYC or WetNWild and i know that aren't as good as MAC but for 5-7 dollars I'll take them. I do have problems with them if my lips aren't properly exfoliated, but since they leave a stain i can still enjoy the color if i have to wipe some if it off if it makes lines on my lips. i havent worn them enough days in a row to test the lip improvement quality, but they dont dry my lips. i always prep wit ha balm ad top off with more balm (after it dries) or a nice lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by sodacandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing!!

I don't buy a lot of makeup overall... but I HOARD lipstick. I've tried a lot of them that claim to be moisturizing, but I always end up with flaky lips anyhow. Not attractive... and not very comfortable either!

I bought this in 'Smolder' because I thought the color was gorgeous! And it is--it's a brown-pink that looks very natural. I have warm skin that's very, very pale, which I like 40% of the time. The other 60% is when I get RED because I blush easily (darn capillaries!), and I find that a lot of lipsticks just clash against my skin because of this.

Not so with this! It really is a lovely color that brightens up my face and flatters my skintone. I think it'd work well with just about anyone!

I bought it more for the color than for the formula, but the formula is just as great. It's sooo creamy.. none of the tightness that other lipsticks give you (even that Maybelline Moisture Extreme everyone raved about. Didn't work for me.)

Can't rave enough about this. Very worth the price.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by balmsaway

I added a photo up top but will post the link here also at the end of the review.
SULTRY is a non concealer type nude...
SMOLDER is a step darker, richer then slutry. It's the warmest out of all the 5. It's a brownish mlbb shade.
FERVER is a berry, brown...lovely punch of color without being too loud type of color. It doesn't scream brown in the least but has just enough to keep the berry from being too bright or harsh on me. Its defiantly got some color, but I can wear this day or night. I like to blot it for a stain look.(I actually prefer to blot them all, I like the finish better when I do. All of these 3 are from the brown collection.

RUSH is nudes/corals/reds version of sultry....looks identical in the bullet and swatched, but is slightly more pink. Just enough to make a difference when applied and give my lips a touch more color. Nc20-25 . this is more a cross of mlbb and a nude.

I also have HEAVENLY which is another in the nudes collection. This one is defiantly a pink type of nude. This one gives the most contrast to my complexion out of all the 5.

These do not dry out my lips.
All the ones I listed are matte (but not dull drying matte). I don't mind a touch of frost, but I kept away from those I liked because of the reports of shimmer in some that stays around the lips after color wears off or is blottted. With no way to know which of the frosts finishes have that shimmer, I kept to matte.

top photo is cloudy day photo, swatched heavy. 2nd photo is blotted like I normally wear then..and in the sun light

Full Size Image

Full Size Image

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Kelltastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought Spellbound and Heavenly. I love them both! They're very smooth and have a lot of staying power. The selection of colors, in my opinion, beats all drugstore brands offerings. I'm very impressed! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I was unable to get over the overly perfumed fragrance of this lipstick long enough to wear it for more than a few minutes. It was enough to give me a headache.

Did I get an odd lippy? Are they all this perfumed? The scent is worse than L'Oreal and doesn't fade. Returning, will not try another.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by makeupdiva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't know how to rate this. Formula is great. Super moisturizing and conditioning and great color payoff. I just can't find a color I like. I am very pale with super full lips and the colors were too bright and pigmented for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by makeup14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received the lip perfection lipstick from buzzagent to try. All I can say is I love the lip sticks. I was sent the color hypnotic 220. This color is a soft purple color. And it goes on smooth and leaves your lips so soft. And not to mention it lasts all day. So you don't have to keep putting it on during the day. They also have many shades to choose from. This is a must have for every women:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Sylvina

I recieved two of these lipsticks through Buzzagent. The colors I got were Coquette and Hot. The tubes are really nice. Very sleek and shiny looking.

The lipstick itself goes on very smooth and moisturizing, and has a light fruity scent. The colors didn't really suit me though. Coquette was way too frosty and purple. Hot was way too bright and pink on me. I will definitely like to try colors that would be more suitable for my coloring.