July 25, 2014 | 2008 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

I was unable to get over the overly perfumed fragrance of this lipstick long enough to wear it for more than a few minutes. It was enough to give me a headache.

Did I get an odd lippy? Are they all this perfumed? The scent is worse than L'Oreal and doesn't fade. Returning, will not try another.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by makeupdiva23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't know how to rate this. Formula is great. Super moisturizing and conditioning and great color payoff. I just can't find a color I like. I am very pale with super full lips and the colors were too bright and pigmented for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by makeup14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received the lip perfection lipstick from buzzagent to try. All I can say is I love the lip sticks. I was sent the color hypnotic 220. This color is a soft purple color. And it goes on smooth and leaves your lips so soft. And not to mention it lasts all day. So you don't have to keep putting it on during the day. They also have many shades to choose from. This is a must have for every women:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Sylvina

I recieved two of these lipsticks through Buzzagent. The colors I got were Coquette and Hot. The tubes are really nice. Very sleek and shiny looking.

The lipstick itself goes on very smooth and moisturizing, and has a light fruity scent. The colors didn't really suit me though. Coquette was way too frosty and purple. Hot was way too bright and pink on me. I will definitely like to try colors that would be more suitable for my coloring.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by cmacbride

I recieved the lipperfection lipstick in HOT. I thought the color would be a bit bold for me.. but when I applied it I loved the shade. I wear it almost every day... I play around with different shades of eyeshadow to go with it. It really made my lips feel moisturized after a few days of use. I will be buying this product over and over again for sure!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i only have one color and after trying it, i won't be buying another. First, I absolutely love the color i got(Dazzle). Its medium violet pink with subtle irridesence. Gorgeous color. With one sheer coat, it looks very natural and pretty, as if you have naturally pink lips. Lovely. Unfortunately, color is the only thing that i liked about it
This is sheer glossy lipstick. It can be layered for more color but with just one coat its very sheer, imo. Keep in mind that i like opaque full coverage color and this was definately not it. I found it to be very moisturizing as most glossy sheer colors are and it last about as long as any other lipstick in this formula, an hour at the most, without eating or drinking. Even just drinking something will take half of it right off. I think this has high ratings because lot of ladies like sheer colors but this is definately not my cup of tea. I don't mind reapplying but with this i have to reapply constantly. I even tried it with new CG lip pensil that i bought at the same time(i filled in my lips with it and put this lippie over that)-nope, still didn't last long probably because lip pensil falls in the same category. So no thanks to future purchases. So far, Cover Girl hasn't impressed me with any of their makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by hyukluv3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I now have 6 of the lipsticks from this new lip perfecting line.... LOVE THEM! They really are super moisturizing and pigmented. And of course both is hard to find in one. After it starts to wear off later in the night, it stains my lips~ pretty crazy. My only thing is that I wish the tube lid weren't so long to the bottom (thats a personal preference), and that they had an even bigger variety of bright, fun colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the color Smitten. I had a $1 coupon, so I spent $4.99 at Target for a superior product. The cap stays on securely, which is a bonus if you want to toss it into a purse or makeup bag. The scent is subtle; I generally dislike scent in any skin care or makeup product, but this works for me. And the formula seems just excellent thus far. It is creamy plus light; definitely opaque but does not look matte or flat at all. I love the Smitten color, which suits my sallow, light NC15-ish skin shade. It is a plummy pink, that is not too bold or bright.

This wears far better than my one-time extreme purchase of a Shiseido lipstick, though I still love my Lipstick Queen Saint Rouge and Sigh... I find that it is odd to review a COLOR that doesn't work in a way that makes the entire product inferior. For example, I will never understand the cult of the nude lip look, since it looks horrible on me, but I would not review a nude shade of lipstick in this brand as bad, just because I looked like a corpse... I wish there were testers or overall liberal return policies so that mistakes would be less likely to happen or easier to repair. This newest lipstick from Cover Girl is excellent for what it is: a creamy, opaque modern lipstick with different but no extreme finishes (such as ultra matte or disco glitter). Just because an item is mass market "drugstore" does not mean it can't be great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 3:00:00 PM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So far I only have this in 2 colors: Rapture and Fairytale which both fall in the coral/peach area. Actually, I find myself starting with Fairytale at first, then later putting a layer of Rapture over it which kind of softens it up. This is a very light feeling lipstick (think lip balm) - which I love - but the biggest plus in my opinion is that it stains my lips and doesn't bleed and I don't have to keep reapplying it throughout the day. It is not drying at all. I am anxious to try some other colors, esp in the pink/red category. Definitely recommend - there are enough shades out there for all skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by dscrapbooking

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for Embrace # 335. This is a Gorgeous Purplish Magenta. I would say this color is very close to Macs Violetta and only half the price. So if you missed Violetta give this a try. You will not be disappointed. Oh one more thing this will stain your lips. Although that does not bother me.