October 24, 2014 | 1823 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by laurenbtr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This does the same job as the clarisonic and it's so much less expensive. My only negative feeling is it would be awesome if it had some kind of either holder or hole to go on a hook.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by kikidoll27

I've been eyeing the clarisonic for a while now, but never felt like I *needed* it enough to spend the big bucks on it. I kept seeing it here on MUA and trolled through all the reviews for it, but still, did I *need* it? Well, no. But I saw it on sale for twenty dollars instead of the usual thirty on wallgreens.com, and long story short I ordered it on a whim. It was really a spur of the moment thing. I began using it morning and night each day, but now I only use it at night to cleanse all my makeup off. I use it with my favorite cleanser, the Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, and it removes everything. The first time I used it I saw really how much makeup I hadn't been able to get before! It also came with a mini of the Pro X scrub, but it smells weird and has a strange consistincey,so I'll probably give it to my mom or something. Anyway. The results. I've always had acne prone skin that is VERY prone to scarring/hyper-pigmentation. I just wanted something that would help get all my makeup off at night, not a brush (like the clarisonic) that would empty my pores. I won't describe how it works since I'm sure you can find it below, but I will say that the brush head spins. The bristles are softer than I thought they'd be. After two months of using this, my skin has been breaking out only around 'that time of month', and the breakouts go away faster. My scars/dark marks are beginning to fade! My skin is still dry, but less than before. This is a great buy for the pice, a fraction of the cost of the clarisonic, and while the two do different things, I still wholeheartedly reccommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by jm2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone and oily skin. I seem to have phases when I am cleared from acne and suddenly I start breaking out. Before using this product I had at least 4-5 pimples at a time. I bought this product on May 10. I had heard so many great things about the Clarisonic but it was just too expensive. I ended up hearing about this product and read so many possible reviews and it is def much cheaper. I noticed my skin began to clear up and right now I am 100% clear. My skin feels and look amazing. I use it twice a day in the morning and before bed. I use it with my Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser. Overall, I am SOO pleased with this product. I'm so glad I found it and It makes cleansing my face fun!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by hoodvick

I have only used this cleansing system for a couple of days and I already see dramatic results.

I had three quite large pimples on my forehead which decreased with in first use of this and now they have completely gone in 2 days.

I used to have quite a lot of blackheads on my nose which have now gone and my pores have became much tighter.

Definitely worth it!skin is glowing and looks healthy where as it used to look quite dull

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Hadew1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: after trying this out for a couple months, I can no longer recommend it. It's too bad--I still love how it feels to use it, and it did a really good job of exfoliating the flaky areas of my skin and taking off my makeup.

Unfortunately, it prompted the worst breakouts of my life. (First it cleared them up, and then it got worse. Not sure how that works!) I'm not just talking little bumpy whiteheads (although there were plenty of those)--huge, crazy, cystic acne. I usually have one or two cystic bumps, but this made it so I had a couple dozen developing at any given time--and in places I've never had acne before (like my cheeks). I've stopped using the pro-x for a week, and I'm back down to two cystic bumps and a handful of whiteheads. Hopefully the damage and scarring isn't too permanent!

(Old review: Since I began using this product, my cystic acne has decreased significantly--for the first time in probably ten years, I don't have any deep, painful bumps developing! That alone is worth the $25 purchase price, in my opinion.

It hasn't rid my skin of ALL acne--I still have some blackheads and the occasional whitehead, but that's life with sensitive/dry-combination/acne-prone skin. I stopped using the included exfoliating cleanser because it was a bit too much for my sensitive skin; I use it with Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser, and the two do a GREAT job at removing makeup.

I still have noticeable pores on my nose, but the ones on my cheeks are cleaner and smaller now. My skin is much smoother and absorbs lotion more quickly. Plus, I like the massage feel of this product.

I haven't tried and can't afford a Clarisonic, but I really like this one so far.)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by RachelNo5

I'm at the point now where I need to re-buy a new brush head. I've used the current one to the ground! I loved this! Unlike a few other facial brushes on the market, this one actually spins rather than vibrates. I feel like this cleaned my skin really deep, especially around my nose area which is hard to get with just washing with out hands! Love this product and will be buying some re-fill heads asap!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this product for Christmas, and it came with a large tube of the Olay Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser. Most people say it's not good to exfoliate your face every day, but the cleanser states "gentle enough for daily use". The first time I used this, I was shocked! I used it directly after washing my face, just to see, and when I looked down at the brush, there was still SO much dirt and makeup left over. I now use this nearly every day, after removing the majority of my makeup with a makeup remover wipe. For the first couple of weeks, I did go through the "purging" stage, where I did get quite a few pimples, but my skin was clear after a few weeks. The one downside to this, for me, is that because I've gotten so attached to this thing, I don't feel like my face is clean without it. So my cheeks have gotten a bit reddened with irritation from every day use. So if you can help it, I'd probably use this every other day, or on the lower setting to avoid roughing up your skin too much. I also found that I break out slightly more frequently since using this, like it's going through a constant purge, and I don't know how I feel about that yet. I guess it's a good thing, but it's kind of unfortunate from a personal standpoint! Overall, a good little tool for $30!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Chuynh0234

I bought the Olay Pro X after hearing reviews that it was similar to the Clarasonic. I have never purchased the Clairasonic ($200 is A LOT of money for something that may or may not help my skin) so I opted for the Pro X. I have tried the Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid and they were made out of rubber bristles and was $15 CAD. It was such a waste of money! It broke after 2 weeks and it was harsh on my skin.
So, after using the Pro X for a week, I have already noticed a difference in my skin. I generally have clear skin but for the past month, I have been breaking out everywhere! I use this with the Dove Beauty Bar (Sensitive), and my acne is really clearing up.
I would definetly repurchase this!
The only thing I didn't like about it was how it was battery operated and how it was water resistant, NOT WATERPROOF.
I don't use it in the shower so it's not a deal breaker for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

I have never owned a clarisonic, so I can not compare the two. What I can say is that I have only owned this for a few days and I LOOOOVE IT!

I usually have pretty decent skin with minimal scarring and breakouts. However, for the past 3 months my skin has hated me, due to trying out new products and what not. I tried desperately to get my skin back to the way it was by switching back to my old products, but it was no use.

My friend suggested the clarisonic to me, but I dont have the $200 to spend! So I looked up reviews for the Olay Pro-X Advanced cleansing system, and it has glowing reviews (for good reason too!). I bought this on Thursday and used it that night in the shower with my Neutrogena stress gel cleanser. I liked the way it glided over my skin, it is very soft.

When I got out of the shower, I was worried that the product was irritating my skin because all the bumps I had seemed inflamed and it brought blackheads to the surface. I stayed calm, knowing that my skin was just getting used to the product, and proceeded to moisturize with Olay All Day Complete Sensitive Skin and cover all my little bumps with my Clearasil tinted adult acne cream. When i woke up that morning I was so happy and relieved that all my bumps had gone down significantly, and my skin was so soft after one use! My scars also appear to be fading.

I believe if I continue to use this that I will have great skin. Go out and try it- you can always return it after 60 days!

P.S.
I clean the brush by adding a teeny tiny bit of dish washing soap into the bristles and run it under hot water- that should kill any bacteria left on the brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by hollister4432

This is an amazing product. I would recommend it to anyone that has a problem with acne. I would suggest buying other cleansers to go along with it. This product has forever saved my face, and I am going to keep using it every day.