September 17, 2014 | 984 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Hadew1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

EDIT: after trying this out for a couple months, I can no longer recommend it. It's too bad--I still love how it feels to use it, and it did a really good job of exfoliating the flaky areas of my skin and taking off my makeup.

Unfortunately, it prompted the worst breakouts of my life. (First it cleared them up, and then it got worse. Not sure how that works!) I'm not just talking little bumpy whiteheads (although there were plenty of those)--huge, crazy, cystic acne. I usually have one or two cystic bumps, but this made it so I had a couple dozen developing at any given time--and in places I've never had acne before (like my cheeks). I've stopped using the pro-x for a week, and I'm back down to two cystic bumps and a handful of whiteheads. Hopefully the damage and scarring isn't too permanent!

(Old review: Since I began using this product, my cystic acne has decreased significantly--for the first time in probably ten years, I don't have any deep, painful bumps developing! That alone is worth the $25 purchase price, in my opinion.

It hasn't rid my skin of ALL acne--I still have some blackheads and the occasional whitehead, but that's life with sensitive/dry-combination/acne-prone skin. I stopped using the included exfoliating cleanser because it was a bit too much for my sensitive skin; I use it with Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser, and the two do a GREAT job at removing makeup.

I still have noticeable pores on my nose, but the ones on my cheeks are cleaner and smaller now. My skin is much smoother and absorbs lotion more quickly. Plus, I like the massage feel of this product.

I haven't tried and can't afford a Clarisonic, but I really like this one so far.)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by RachelNo5

I'm at the point now where I need to re-buy a new brush head. I've used the current one to the ground! I loved this! Unlike a few other facial brushes on the market, this one actually spins rather than vibrates. I feel like this cleaned my skin really deep, especially around my nose area which is hard to get with just washing with out hands! Love this product and will be buying some re-fill heads asap!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this product for Christmas, and it came with a large tube of the Olay Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser. Most people say it's not good to exfoliate your face every day, but the cleanser states "gentle enough for daily use". The first time I used this, I was shocked! I used it directly after washing my face, just to see, and when I looked down at the brush, there was still SO much dirt and makeup left over. I now use this nearly every day, after removing the majority of my makeup with a makeup remover wipe. For the first couple of weeks, I did go through the "purging" stage, where I did get quite a few pimples, but my skin was clear after a few weeks. The one downside to this, for me, is that because I've gotten so attached to this thing, I don't feel like my face is clean without it. So my cheeks have gotten a bit reddened with irritation from every day use. So if you can help it, I'd probably use this every other day, or on the lower setting to avoid roughing up your skin too much. I also found that I break out slightly more frequently since using this, like it's going through a constant purge, and I don't know how I feel about that yet. I guess it's a good thing, but it's kind of unfortunate from a personal standpoint! Overall, a good little tool for $30!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Chuynh0234

I bought the Olay Pro X after hearing reviews that it was similar to the Clarasonic. I have never purchased the Clairasonic ($200 is A LOT of money for something that may or may not help my skin) so I opted for the Pro X. I have tried the Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid and they were made out of rubber bristles and was $15 CAD. It was such a waste of money! It broke after 2 weeks and it was harsh on my skin.
So, after using the Pro X for a week, I have already noticed a difference in my skin. I generally have clear skin but for the past month, I have been breaking out everywhere! I use this with the Dove Beauty Bar (Sensitive), and my acne is really clearing up.
I would definetly repurchase this!
The only thing I didn't like about it was how it was battery operated and how it was water resistant, NOT WATERPROOF.
I don't use it in the shower so it's not a deal breaker for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

I have never owned a clarisonic, so I can not compare the two. What I can say is that I have only owned this for a few days and I LOOOOVE IT!

I usually have pretty decent skin with minimal scarring and breakouts. However, for the past 3 months my skin has hated me, due to trying out new products and what not. I tried desperately to get my skin back to the way it was by switching back to my old products, but it was no use.

My friend suggested the clarisonic to me, but I dont have the $200 to spend! So I looked up reviews for the Olay Pro-X Advanced cleansing system, and it has glowing reviews (for good reason too!). I bought this on Thursday and used it that night in the shower with my Neutrogena stress gel cleanser. I liked the way it glided over my skin, it is very soft.

When I got out of the shower, I was worried that the product was irritating my skin because all the bumps I had seemed inflamed and it brought blackheads to the surface. I stayed calm, knowing that my skin was just getting used to the product, and proceeded to moisturize with Olay All Day Complete Sensitive Skin and cover all my little bumps with my Clearasil tinted adult acne cream. When i woke up that morning I was so happy and relieved that all my bumps had gone down significantly, and my skin was so soft after one use! My scars also appear to be fading.

I believe if I continue to use this that I will have great skin. Go out and try it- you can always return it after 60 days!

P.S.
I clean the brush by adding a teeny tiny bit of dish washing soap into the bristles and run it under hot water- that should kill any bacteria left on the brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by hollister4432

This is an amazing product. I would recommend it to anyone that has a problem with acne. I would suggest buying other cleansers to go along with it. This product has forever saved my face, and I am going to keep using it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by zombiesxomg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't like it the first time I used it, but that's because I was using it wrong. I was trying to use it to take off all my makeup at the same time with an odd cleanser. It works a whole lot better when I use the Dove Beauty Bar for sensitive skin to wash as much makeup off as I can first. Then I lather up my face for a second time, wet the brush and put a little dove on it and then use the Pro X. If I used a different cleanser to wash my face first, the brush would probably dry me out, but for my very dry skin, the Dove really balances it out. When used with the brush, it turns really creamy and makes my skin very soft. Best exfoliation I've ever had. Those two together are a good match for someone with super dry sensitive skin.

I don't use the brush unless I had makeup on that day. In the morning, I use Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser to just take the extra oil off my face.

I've been using this for a few weeks and pores on my nose and on the front of my cheeks have mostly gotten smaller. It is starting to take away the dark stuff in my pores. I've had random break outs around my chin and mouth, but those are most likely just hormonal and I can't really do anything about that. The rest of the month, my skin has looked great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by DJ89

How have I not reviewed this yet! I've been using this for nearly a year! I love it!! I always thought I removed my makeup pretty well but after using this and seeing how much makeup residue was on the brush, I know its one of the reasons I suffer from breakouts! I was contemplating buying the clarisonic but I'm soo glad I opted for this cheaper version which I'm sure is just as good! I get quite a bit of dry skin due to the use of certain acne products so this really helps buff the dry skin so that my makeup goes on better. Brilliant! X

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticated

So glad I decided to buy this instead of the Clarisonic. Well, my wallet decided! I find this helps a lot with the flakies when I'm using my Retin-A. Great little tool at a reasonable, real-people price. But throw away the little sample cleanser it comes with - it's garbage

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second brush system! I love this but a word to the wise: Be sure to dry the applicance off and I suggest keeping the plastic try in the box that it comes in because it makes a great storage holder for the brush and appliance while it dries. Do not use this in the shower, you dont want to the appliance to become overly wet. The first one I used suffered from serious battery erosion from water getting in, that compartment for the batteries is not water tight and it stopped working.

The 2nd one I'm treating with more care! I think it works just as good as some of the more expensive brands. Paired with Biore's Balancing skin cleanser, its amazing!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No