September 2, 2014 | 1832 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

I have never owned a clarisonic, so I can not compare the two. What I can say is that I have only owned this for a few days and I LOOOOVE IT!

I usually have pretty decent skin with minimal scarring and breakouts. However, for the past 3 months my skin has hated me, due to trying out new products and what not. I tried desperately to get my skin back to the way it was by switching back to my old products, but it was no use.

My friend suggested the clarisonic to me, but I dont have the $200 to spend! So I looked up reviews for the Olay Pro-X Advanced cleansing system, and it has glowing reviews (for good reason too!). I bought this on Thursday and used it that night in the shower with my Neutrogena stress gel cleanser. I liked the way it glided over my skin, it is very soft.

When I got out of the shower, I was worried that the product was irritating my skin because all the bumps I had seemed inflamed and it brought blackheads to the surface. I stayed calm, knowing that my skin was just getting used to the product, and proceeded to moisturize with Olay All Day Complete Sensitive Skin and cover all my little bumps with my Clearasil tinted adult acne cream. When i woke up that morning I was so happy and relieved that all my bumps had gone down significantly, and my skin was so soft after one use! My scars also appear to be fading.

I believe if I continue to use this that I will have great skin. Go out and try it- you can always return it after 60 days!

P.S.
I clean the brush by adding a teeny tiny bit of dish washing soap into the bristles and run it under hot water- that should kill any bacteria left on the brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by hollister4432

This is an amazing product. I would recommend it to anyone that has a problem with acne. I would suggest buying other cleansers to go along with it. This product has forever saved my face, and I am going to keep using it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by zombiesxomg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didn't like it the first time I used it, but that's because I was using it wrong. I was trying to use it to take off all my makeup at the same time with an odd cleanser. It works a whole lot better when I use the Dove Beauty Bar for sensitive skin to wash as much makeup off as I can first. Then I lather up my face for a second time, wet the brush and put a little dove on it and then use the Pro X. If I used a different cleanser to wash my face first, the brush would probably dry me out, but for my very dry skin, the Dove really balances it out. When used with the brush, it turns really creamy and makes my skin very soft. Best exfoliation I've ever had. Those two together are a good match for someone with super dry sensitive skin.

I don't use the brush unless I had makeup on that day. In the morning, I use Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser to just take the extra oil off my face.

I've been using this for a few weeks and pores on my nose and on the front of my cheeks have mostly gotten smaller. It is starting to take away the dark stuff in my pores. I've had random break outs around my chin and mouth, but those are most likely just hormonal and I can't really do anything about that. The rest of the month, my skin has looked great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:40:00 AM More reviews by DJ89

How have I not reviewed this yet! I've been using this for nearly a year! I love it!! I always thought I removed my makeup pretty well but after using this and seeing how much makeup residue was on the brush, I know its one of the reasons I suffer from breakouts! I was contemplating buying the clarisonic but I'm soo glad I opted for this cheaper version which I'm sure is just as good! I get quite a bit of dry skin due to the use of certain acne products so this really helps buff the dry skin so that my makeup goes on better. Brilliant! X

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticated

So glad I decided to buy this instead of the Clarisonic. Well, my wallet decided! I find this helps a lot with the flakies when I'm using my Retin-A. Great little tool at a reasonable, real-people price. But throw away the little sample cleanser it comes with - it's garbage

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second brush system! I love this but a word to the wise: Be sure to dry the applicance off and I suggest keeping the plastic try in the box that it comes in because it makes a great storage holder for the brush and appliance while it dries. Do not use this in the shower, you dont want to the appliance to become overly wet. The first one I used suffered from serious battery erosion from water getting in, that compartment for the batteries is not water tight and it stopped working.

The 2nd one I'm treating with more care! I think it works just as good as some of the more expensive brands. Paired with Biore's Balancing skin cleanser, its amazing!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by lisapoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this thing!
I have dry, flaky skin and this really helps buff off all those flakes and evens out my face.
Makes exfoliating so fast and easy.
Plus it feels nice, it's like a little spa treatment at home every morning. Helps me wake up and feel refreshed.

I do like the cleanser it comes with, but I stick to my regular acne wash. You can use this with any cleanser you prefer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by violet5748

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am very happy with this product. If anything bad happens I will do an update. I recently just bought this from Walmart.com and it was on sale. I think it's usually around 30 dollars but mine was like 21 dollars. It comes with a replacement head and a sample of their face wash from Olay. You find a much better deal at Costco if you can. it comes with a full sized bottle of facewash and not just a sample, and 2 replacement heads.I'm only basing this review off on one day. It literally just came in the mail yesterday and I used it last night and this morning. The results were beautiful. I used it last night in the shower with st Ives apricot scrub and then this morning with clean and clear face wash. My black heads on my nose are all gone, my other acne is going away, it almost looks like some scars faded. It's unbelievable what great results I've gotten from only one (technically 2)days of use. It's a beautiful product for such a cheap price. The brush is not rough at all and is actually quite soft. Love this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by flufffycloud9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yet another glowing review :)

A nurse that I work with strongly recommended this product to a client and since she has flawless skin, I ran out the next day to purchase one.

I am normally pretty good about washing my face. I thought I got the makeup completely off. I thought I exfoliated enough. And I thought that I would always deal with at least 1-4 breakouts at any given time even though I'm 24 years old. It was just my bad skin. I am SO happy to be proven wrong!

I've been using this brush for one week, twice a day (morning in the shower, at night to get off makeup), with St. Ives Apricot Scrub. The tool is the only thing altered in my beauty/health routine.
My skin hasn't been this flawless since before puberty. No exaggeration. I finally have zero blemishes! *Glooooat.* On top of which, it's that time of month (and I'm not on hormonal contraception) so this should be impossible. Plus it's not solely clear skin (which is already a miracle), it's even and glow-y skin, too.

Also: I have some horizontal expression lines in my forehead (genetics, ugh). Treatment has been Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture at night and Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle SPF 15 during the day for about 4 weeks, just on my forehead. Only in the past week, since using the brush, have my lines begun to reduce noticeably. And not just the Neutrogena but also my Cetaphil moisturizer sinks in so much more quickly and plumps my skin now. It looked/felt like a film before and now it looks/feels like perfect skin.

(Using a moisturizer is important with this just like you would with any skin exfoliation. Derms recommend moisturizing within 5 minutes of showering/washing while your skin is still damp. My friend starting using the brush at the same time as me and is also on acne meds but not moisturizing. She mentioned her skin is drier with twice daily use. But we're sloughing off our skin's dead outer layer and the new skin underneath needs protection/sealing in the moisture. Like..basting a turkey.)

I know there are a lot of great reviews for the Clarisonic Mia.. I looked into it too. I would definitely be willing to shell out. But has anyone else read the reviews on cystic acne/blackhead/whitehead/broken capillaries? A quality dermatologist knows there's no such thing as skin purging. And broken capillaries take forever and/or laser surgery to heal. Too scared. Gonna pass on the Mia. The Olay Pro X is beyond amazing for me, I will buy another if it breaks or I lose it. I will buy one for my mom and my brother in college.

My tip though that one or two others have noticed: if you press too firmly with the brush and go over areas too often and too long, it can aggravate that part of the skin and cause a small whitehead. (Which can be scraped off with a clean fingernail or wash cloth and goes away immediately.) This did happen to me when I was too aggressive. I need to remember that the spinning does the cleansing for me and the brush will get my skin clean with gentle, light pressure for the minute of time that's recommended (I sometimes push it to 2-4 min, oops. But it's so fun to use, I can't help it.)

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by xshouldbeeblondx

I do not have sensitive skin, although sometimes after using this, my face is red for a little bit. Not a big deal to me, but those with sensitive skin might have problems. I have very oily skin and I feel like this cleans deeply enough to help with that problem. I now rarely break out and my pores are never clogged. I bought this about a year ago, it is well priced compared to others like it. I love it. I use it about 4-5 times a week and I don't feel clean if I don't use it. However, mine broke. Just stopped working one day. I tried replacing batteries and nothing worked. I was pissed because I don't believe that I should have to buy another one after just a year. I wrote to the company to let them know, in hopes that they might have a suggestion on how to fix it. They sent me a coupon for a completely free one after only a few days. I'm so happy because now I can use my favorite product again and the company obviously cares about their consumers. I would definitely recommend it.