October 30, 2014 | 1679 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by bluewine12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I think Revlon named this product wrong. It should be named as a shimmer powder then everyone will be happy.
It feels really weird when applying. and I didn't expect the sparkles - I wanted a matte powder foundation. It has just too much sparkles as a powder foundation. The coverage is sheer to light, it evens out the skin and blends easily. But it's certainly not buildable for more coverage because of the shimmer. It is very lightweight and it lasts long (used as a setting powder). It gives a healthy glow to the skin and controls the unwanted excess oil at the same time.
The attached brush is surprisingly good quality, but I think it's not very suitable for this powder. Kabuki brush will do a good job when applying this all over the face. Packaging is not very good, the holes are too big and the product is watery so it's hard to control the amount. (I even blocked the half of the holes with scotch tape and it still comes out too much)
It's a nice (shimmer) powder, but I would not buy it again for I like to try new things and it's just too much sparkles for a powder foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Mscelina28

i bought this looking for a mineral powder and thinking since i loved the photo ready liquid foundation i would love the mineral powder. I didnt love it. it's way too shimmery for me which is weird b/c of love wearing shimmer make up. and it started breaking out. so i didn't like won't buy ever again

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by lovexoxo

I bought this off of a whim because I needed more foundation so this is what I decided to try. It does leave your face a little glittery and for me being a college student walking to class all of the time it would make me a little self conscious because of the shine in the sun but not enough of a turn off for me to hate it. The foundation covers beautifully! The cooling sensation on your face feels great as well. I found that it blends well with a fluffy brush instead of the brush that comes in the packaging. The only downside was that it made my face break out so that's why I wouldn't buy it again. :( But I would highly recommend this product because there is always someone out there who it may work perfectly for!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:14:00 AM More reviews by CosmeticPlague

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is a great colour match for me, which is a hard thing to find in the drugstore for my pale skin. It has a cool/wet sensation when you apply it which is neat and evens out my skintone perfectly. The brush included is surprisingly useable and the packaging is sleek and efficient.
My problem with it is the shimmer, which is *extremely* unflattering! If I wear this in the sunlight I end up looking like a sparkly freakin vampire, so not my look. The shimmer also enhances the appearance of pores. When I first tried this the shimmer made me *hate* it but a few months later I decided to give it another try as a night foundation. At night time it does a much better job for me, gives me a soft focus 'glow' and I got many compliments on my skin.
The downside, after I started using it consistently at night, I noticed it was breaking me out. I rarely break out from foundations!
If you don't need very much coverage, aren't prone to break-outs and don't mind shimmer in foundation this could work for you, for everyone else though I recommend staying clear!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by kawibarbie88

i would have to say this is the best loose powder i have ever tryed!!!! it gives my skin a beautiful glow !!!! and my face feels silky soft not cakey!! i love the cooling effect it gives your skin when you apply it's so refreshing!! the packaging on the other hand SUCKS!!!! i dont use the little brush it comes with on the top cute idea but a fail! and the fact that you have to unscrew the jar to open it and get a big powder brush in there ,powder gets EVERYWHERE you have to be carefull or you will waste a ton of product !!!!! should be in a bigger conatiner without the little useless brush on the top!! but the product is sooo amazing i will deal with it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 5:05:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

UPDATE 18th march 2013
it gave me breakouts :(
so i dont usually get pimples or breakouts nowadays but recently ive been into contouring again, so i use the dark colour for my contouring. unfortunately the next day, i find these bumps just under my cheeks, but not on anywhere else (that i didnt contour). so at first i just ignored it, but when i did another contouring, that happened again, which is sad because i love this powder to do contouring :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i DO NOT get the hate on this product. the glitteryness isnt THAT bad, yes it does shine like u just turned into the cullens, BUT, there is away to sorta get less glitter on ur face:
1. dont just take the pwder n brush it straight away, instead dab it to make a line of how ure going to brush it. this will avoid the glitteryness on one spot.
2. after it dab it with ur CLEAN fingertip in a sorta brushing way to any direction. for example, i use the dark color to shade on the bottom of the cheek, so i sorta dab it down following the lines when i do the fish mouth.
3. dont take so much of the powder, u only need just a little of it, because the color stays and it wont rub off for hours.

so yeah, i guess i do love this as a shading/bronzer since using blush/bronzer daily isnt healthy for ur skin, coz it stays for hours and hours, but ofcourse it means it is HARD to rub off if u put too much on then youll look like uve got a spot or ur face just got our of a tanning spa :P but thats more of my fault, nothing to do with the product. the "wet" feeling is really nice, makes me feel fresh. the glitter isnt soo much, unless u dont know how to not put the glitter too much, then again the glitter sorta wears off anyways. dont really like the package tho, so i keep the sticky plastic thing to just sit above the tiny holes, NOT expensive, very good price since u dont need to use much of this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Lanie805

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin is super sensitive and oily so I have to be very careful when trying new face make-up. I love this to use as highlighter when I contour my face. After applying regular foundation, I put this down the bridge of my nose (with darker MAC Studio tech cream on the sides) to make it appear slimmer. I also put it along the corners of my bottom lip, center of my chin, underneath my eyes and a bit above my eyebrows. This makes everything look a bit lifted and lighter. I LOVE it. You have to be really careful when contouring because it can look like you didn't blend your colors well, but I find this looks natural in person, and works in photographs, too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ArtThistle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I originally bought this product because I get very oily skin and when wearing a liquid foundation alone my skin looks very gross by the end of the day.
Applying this product is like splashing cool water on your face. It was very enjoyable for me.
I use this everyday as my regular makeup routine. I apply their lightest tone over PhotoReady 001 Ivory foundation for a very nice, matte appearance.
Although it does shimmer a bit, it is not overwhelming. I do not look like a glitterbomb. And while I do continue to shed sparkles all day, it has never been a problem for me.

I would recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm actually quite surprised by the negative comments for this! I bought it on a whim out of a desire for translucent powder. I don't wear actual foundation because I feel cakey and greasy, so I usually just cover my under-eye circles and any pimples, powder up, and call it a day. This definitely serves my purposes. I've used this for a few weeks now, and I really don't see these sparkles that are supposedly in it. I like the light coverage and the cooling feeling. I do need to reapply later, but I'm used to that. However, the brush it comes with kind of sucks except for specific placement, which I do to set my under-eye concealer. I just use a regular powder brush and all is well. EDIT: An issue I have encountered, however, is that it can settle into my pores and look cakey sometimes. Ew!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by vanessa15

i got this of course for the whole "refreshed feeling" thing the product swears by, and the first times i used it, i did feel it, and it was pretty nice! the coverage is great, lasts all day, and isn't shiny (at least for me). the only reason i gave it 4 stars was because i no longer feel the cooling sensation anymore. I guess it only works the first few times :c