Maybelline One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Peg/Ppg-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Phenethyl Alcohol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil. Simethicone, Disodium Edta, Polyquaternium-10, Saccharum, Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/ Lemon Peel Extract, Pyrus Malus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract [+/- May Contains: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Oxides, Mica, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/ Ferric Ferrocyanide] F.I.L. D43811/1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well the formula and bottle and everything was great except the wand. It's a really bendy wand and sometimes if you already have thick lashes it'll just bend and smudge around your eye with product

on 9/26/2013 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Although my lashes are long and decently thick and hold a curl with ease, I am realizing I am a mascara snob. I find myself noticing and then staring at the clumps and imperfections in peoples' mascara, so I'm paranoid that the roles ever be reversed. For some reason the mascara chapter in our makeup routine seems to bring out the OCD perfectionist in all of us hahahaha, and I am quite picky about my mascaras. This formula is much wetter than my other favourite mascaras (L'Oreal Voluminous Millions, CG LashBlast in Fusion and Length) , but the brush allowed my heart to be won. This mascara separates my lashes beautifully without sparing length, creating drama and OCD-approved eyelashes. And in one coat to boot. I am a brown mascara fan but the formula is black enough to satisfy the black mascara lovers. Only con is the gaudy packaging, but there are definitely worse mascara tubes in my drawer.

on 9/20/2013 4:30:00 PM

I needed a mascara that helped give my eyelashes volume and length and this does that. I bought it at Target for a decent price (about $5). It lasts all day and only clumps if you put more than one or two coats on. The only downside that I can think of is that it has a bit of a strong scent but overall it's a great product.

on 9/10/2013 4:07:00 PM

It gives decent length and really gives you wispy lashes if you layer it on carefully, but be careful not to over do it or it will clump. It does flake slightly but not horrible. However, I absolutely HATE the smell and for that reason I don't see myself ever purchasing it again. The smell lingers around the whole time your wearing this even my boyfriend could smell it when he got close to my face. It's a very synthetic smell. Not cute. I will stick to my trusty L'oreal Telescopic.

on 9/10/2013 1:29:00 PM

I forgot how great this mascara. I sadly neglected this mascara for a while and came back to it today. It lengthened my lashes incredibly and added a decent amount of volume. I might repurchase this and I almost never repurchase mascaras.

on 9/9/2013 7:02:00 PM

This mascara was fine...the formula was nice and it did separate nicely. However, I could not get over the smell. It was horrible. I eventually just got rid of it.

on 9/9/2013 6:53:00 PM

I had this mascara a while back. Once I ran out of it, I ran and bought the Maybelline Rocket Volume mascara. I actually just picked this up again and put it on and I forgot how much of an amazing mascara this is! Gave my lashes a lot of volume and length and I love the brush on it. Between this and the Maybelline Rocket Vol. are my favourites.

on 9/8/2013 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use mascara all the time, it's my favourite type of makeup. I've tried almost all drug store ones, maybelline my absolute favourite! I just purchased the One by One and it's my favourite! It gives you huge lashes, and separates them so they look amazing! No clumps! With almost every mascara i've purchased, the mascara rubs off onto my upper lid or under my eyebrows and it looks horrible! This one doesn't do that, and it's so easy to take off! People often ask me how i get lashes so long and perfect! I will continue to buy again!

on 9/8/2013 4:01:00 PM

This is a really "meh" mascara for me. 3 stars because I can see where someone with short lashes might like this product. For reference I have pretty long lashes and I look to mascaras to add volume - I will use a lengthening mascara as well to separate out my lashes and help define them a bit (they tend to get really tangly and curly). This gave a really natural look to my lashes but did not give enough volume for me. I really didn't like the brush either. Oddly enough though I can see this working for someone with short lashes....not worth paying full price, however. Pick it up at Walmart for cheap or wait for a 40% off sale at the drugstore.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

What is it about every Maybelline mascara that just gets me addicted? I bought this in Blackest Black and it is stellar! It made not only each lash individual, it also added tons of volume to my otherwise thin lashes. I LOVE this product. It is also sooo nice and light weight despite the fact that my lashes tripled in size. I also really like the smell. I think you can day time or night time this mascara with the difference of even one coat! I love the brush and I normally like classic nylon brushes, but this one was not only large, but easy to manage and really goes with the rythum of the way in which you bend and twist and wiggle the brush. I gave it 4 and not 5 only because like most Maybelline mascaras, I have a feeling it will not make it past 3 months like my Almay and Body Shop's mascaras can. But I shall re-purchase when it gets to that point. I got it for only $5.50 on sale so I cannot complain.