October 1, 2014 | 1830 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Nemezienna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Man man man... I realllllyyy wanted to love this foundation because of all the great reviews across beauty boards and youtube videos but it just didn't work for me. Where do I start? Went on streaky, dried too quickly, and oxidized so fast it made me look like carrot top. I guess I'll continue on my journey for my HG foundation...

*sigh*

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by biojunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this foundation for about a year and a half now. It says quite a bit already that I have stuck with the same foundation for so long!

Packaging ~
    The foundation comes in a heavy glass bottle. Many of times it has rolled off my dressing table when not stood upright and has landed on my laminate flooring... and hasn't broken or smashed - fantastic! The bottle does not come with a pump, which I suppose is a good and a bad quality. I often see people say "but I can't control how much product comes out," personally I believe that if you are slow and careful when pouring out the product you won't end up spilling the foundation everywhere!

Application ~
    When applying this foundation I use my ELF flat top brush and stipple it onto my skin. I've attempted applying the foundation with my fingers and it was kind of difficult to blend. With this foundation I've found that you have to apply it quickly in sections, rather than taking your time! To start with while it dries, the foundation feels slightly heavy but after it has dried you really can hardly feel it on your skin!

Colour, appearance on the skin, lasting power ~
    I am in shade 150 BUFF and it really matches my skin tone when I am not tanned. At the moment as I've just spent 4 weeks abroad I am extremely tanned, so this shade is far too ghostly for me! However when I want something special on my skin I still tend to use this and warm it up with my Nars Laguna bronzer.
    It covers up absolutely everything - freckles, blemishes, redness... Everything!! My skin is absolutely perfect when I use this foundation.

5/5 for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by smokefumes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I loved this foundation when I first put it on! I used my bare minerals primer underneath and my face looked flawless! I have dry/combination skin so I was very happy to find that the foundation didnt cling to my dry patches, or slide off where I was a tad oily. However through the day I found that the foundation rubbed off from my nose and chin (where I get oily) even though I had powdered and used a setting spray on my face before leaving the house. This foundation is better suited to winter as it's less likely to slip and slide from your face, also this foundation may become to heavy to wear in the summer. (here in the uk summer isn't usually as bad as the US summers) I found the coverage to be medium but it is very easily build-able but you have to be careful that you don't apply too much so that it becomes cakey. I also found the colour to be a little dark for me, especially in the winter. I am the colour nw10 so the ivory colour was a little too yellow and dark for me, but I always have this problem with drugstore makeup as I am so fair. Plus the packaging wasn't awful, but it wasn't amazing. I hated the fact it didn't come with a pump, which meant I had to pour it onto the back of my hand or onto a flat surface. This meant the liquid was harder to control versus using a pump, meaning I would waste a lot of product as there was no way of getting the foundation back into the tube. I would consider repurchasing this again now that I own a mac foundation pump, but if you're thinking of buying this foundation, remember to buy a pump first and a good setting powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by hersheysmiaka

Bought a bottle and used it a couple of times before I got nasty cystic acne. Not recommended for sensitive, acne prone skin. Although I had no qualms with the lasting power and coverage (although it looks unnatural), I feel there are so many chemicals in this product, just by telling from the smell. Smells like paint!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

Oh the infamous colorstay. Heard about this on youtube, and I decided to try it. I love it! It's great for my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by HiMyNameIsMo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation ever! The coverage is great, the color is right on and it doesn't break me out! I stay matte all day, especially if I pair it with my rice finishing powder from Sally's. I recommend this to anyone with really oily skin like myself.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by miniemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm going to keep using this till I find a better foundation. it has the coverage I want but unless I use a beauty blender it looks like I caked it on

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by soundsofepip

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually bought this product at Big Lots in Rich Ginger for $4.50 for combination/oily skin. Sometimes, you can go to these places and get great deals. Anyways, I have combination skin, this product is great on my skin. For me, it blends well and matifies my skin, others complain about it being too thick. To cancel the thick application, you can put moisturizer to combat that thickness. The price is great if you buy it Big Lots, which depends on what they buy in surplus. However it typically costs, $9.00 to $11.00 depending on where you get it, on price points not entirely inexpensive and the packaging would be better if it were distributed by a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by darciii

I bought this foundation in the lightest shade for oily skin. It feels slightly thick and heavy to begin with but blends well. It has super coverage. Normally, I mix it with moisturizer to thin it slightly, and wear concealer, as it looks more natural. The packaging on the outside is practical and simple, but the non existant pump makes it a pain to apply. It's more on the expensive side for drugstore/highstreet so they could of included a pump, but the product itself makes up for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by x5starchickx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I have always bought MUFE HD foundation because everything else I tried never worked for me, it was either too light of a coverage or wouldn't last very long.

So when i heard about revlon color stay foundation a year ago, I was reluctant to buy it because revlon is a cheap drugstore brand. But I finally gave in a few days ago and bought it.

Oh my gosh, it stays on even longer than MUFE HD and it costs a third of the price!!!
    I've now found my new HG foundation!!

It does have a thick consistency though but it doesn't bother me much.

I hope you try it and love it too!