April 21, 2014 | 1199 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by Aislingm11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great foundation if you want good coverage without looking cakey.
    I found the normal/dry formulation perfect for dry skin.
    However, I'd love to see the packaging changed to a pump as it would be more convenient.
    Currently at 17.80 euro at boots, a more expensive 'drugstore' foundation but ultimately well worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Priscillarys

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. My skin tends to get oily with many foundations although my skin isn't so oily it's more combination so when I tried this product I didn't know there were different types based on your skin, if I would have known this I wouldn't had gotten combination/oily so I was like NOOOOO when I realized I picked up the one for dry skin because I thought it would be more Dewey and make my skin oily but no! It's so perfect! It did not make me oily it kept my skin very nice and soft, I LOVE IT! it's feels so light on your skin! As a Mac user for years I found that this foundation as far as coverage works just like macs foundation and u really only need a little bit and it's so beautiful when nicely blended which blends in very well! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by rachelmacfarlanexo

Terrible. I have acne prone skin and this did not work for me at all! Pros- lasts long. Cons- cakey, very heavy, broke me out, hard to wash off, clogs pores, defines dry spots, oxidized on my skin, Many people love this, although it didn't work on my acne prone skin. Will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by KellyLee1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation! It doesn't hurt that my shade (Nude) is a PERFECT match for my skin. I don't use this all over (I really don't like the "all over foundation" look) but it covers my undereye circles like nothing else ever has, and I've tried plenty of different concealers over the years.

It also stays put. It doesn't rub off on my glasses much at all, which was a BIG surprise. Despite wearing glasses constantly, my Colorstay-stays. It looks as good at the end of the day as it did at the beginning, and I am demanding on my makeup.

Even though a lot of people hate the packaging, I don't mind it at all. A pump would probably be better, but I don't have any issue using it as it is- I just wash my hands first(!) put my finger over the top of the bottle, turn it upside down to get some on my finger and transfer that to the back of my hand to use as a palette. Works every time with minimal waste. The glass bottle feels very solid and probably wouldn't break even if dropped (not that I'm recommending you try that!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by macprincess15

This is one of the best foundations I've ever tried . Literally stained parts of my face and it too forever to get off but it lasts all day and gives a really nice finish. Only problem I have with this is that it doesn't come with a pump!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Waaterlilly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did not like this product. It was cakey and rubbed off so easily. It made me feel dirty when ever I wore it. Also i have acne-prone/oily skin and just made it 10x worse. The only good thing was that it was long wearing but I could hardly stand to wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by soyyomonica

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this for my combination/oily tan skin. Whoop, whoop! Yup, I'm excited about this foundation. After searching and searching spending too much money on high end, low end, this is definitely my HG foundation. In my opinion this is way better than MAC Studio Fix Foundation because I get oilier with Mac than I do with Colortstay. I used my real technique foundation brush to apply and set it with Maybelline's Dream Matte Pressed powder. I stay matte all day using this regime. I love love love it. I totally recommend, I will repurchase!

For reference: I'm a nc40 and use 360 Golden caramel ( more of yellow undertone). I also bought 330 Natural tan, but it's more for a Neutral undertone also for nc40

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Nesssssss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

READ MY REVIEW BEFORE LOOKING AT RATING!!

I am really disappointed that I had to give this 3/5, because it is quite a good foundation but just not for my skin!

I bought it for a longwear foundation, as that's what it's marketed as. And I'm happy to say that it lives up to the claims. (Well, it says 'lasts up to 16 hours', I can get a good 12 hours out of it used with a good primer and setting powder).

Unfortunately, despite the fact that I selected the one for 'normal to dry skin', it doesn't give a very nice look to my skin. My skin looks really dull with this on and I find that it dries my skin out a little.

But I think it would be a really good foundation for those with oily skin because it is so drying and gives such a matte finish! So if you fit that description I recommend giving this a try!

Just one little point that everyone complains about: the packaging. Because it doesn't just have a pump and you have to pour it straight out, it can be easy to over pour and end up wasting alot.

People also tend to complain about the smell but I don't mind it at all, I find it quite pleasant actually.

so to sum up:

PROS:
    - would be good for oily skin
    - very longwearing, especially with primer and powder
    - colour is decent

CONS:
    -packaging
    - not good for dry skin

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION! I have extremely oily skin/combination and this is my everyday foundation! It stays put all day and looks beautiful and flawless on the face. It's so affordable and replaced my MAC Studio Fix Fluid. Nothing compares! Best full coverage foundation out there! Highly recommend to everyone! I use my beauty blender to apply it. I use the Combination/Oily Skin formula in Warm Golden mixed with a tad bit of True Beige. For MAC foundations I am an NC30. This is the best foundation I have ever tried and I've tried everything. Give this foundation a try! You won't regret it! Changed my life!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by CranberryCherry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best drugstore foundation for very oily skin. It last all day. However, i will still need to blot or touch up with powder once or twice to remove the oiliness. But i'm used to it so it does not bother me much. What i don't like about this product is that it does not comes with pump. Sometimes i take more than i actually need but i put some of it back to the bottle. It's not disgusting cos i haven't use it! Overall love this foundation and would recommend to everyone who has oily skin.