October 26, 2014 | 1411 users online

Body Scrubs - Fresh - Brown Sugar Body Polish

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2003 11:16:00 PM More reviews by amyaub

This is a really great scrub. I liked how it was rough but not overly so and I really felt that I was giving me a good scrub. It also has a nice sugary lemon like scent. However, I would not repurchase it as it is SO expensive. It was also a bit on the oily side. NE's scrubs work just as well but for MUCH cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2003 10:45:00 AM More reviews by crosenzweig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In a word: I LOVE this. Okay, that's three words, but you get the idea.
This has the most fabulous subtle lemony-sugary scent. It smells so good that you'll want to eat it. But don't, it really doesn't taste very nice. Sweet and chemically. If you get this, however, you will ignore my advice and try it anyway and then you will think, "I should have listened to Christine." But that's okay, that will be your private shame.
As to effects on the skin: fabulous! The sugar grains are "scrubby" enough (I hate weak body scrubs -- what's the point?) and the oils are very moisturizing. It has rid my upper arms of those tiny dry bumps that I can never remember the name of. I'm sure the skincare board experts will tell you if you ask though.
All in all, I L-O-V-E , love this and am going to give it 5 lipsticks even though it is so expensive ($58 at last count).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2003 4:01:00 PM More reviews by nanarella

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product got rid of all of the roughness and then provided moisturizers that gave my skin a glow and fresh scent that lasted all day. I just wish the packaging wouldn't leak so bad! Also, for almost $60 you would think they would have put a little more into the look of the packaging. Because of the way my skin looks, smells, and feels afterward, I will definitely continue to buy it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2003 5:01:00 PM More reviews by THARA

Got a hearty sample of this with my online order from sephora. I have a love hate relationship with this. Love the way it smells and made my skin feel. Hate how much it costs (60 usd). It didn't do that great of a job.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2003 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Paintedbears

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Have to agree with widchupmunk on this one...Old English Furniture Polish is the first thing that came to my mind when I tried it. YUCK! Smelled bad and was very coarse. Will stick to the one my mom makes. Especially because I prefer small granules that dissolve as you scrub and a cleanor sweet scent. The only good thing I can report is it is moisturizing. But again, I had to follow it with another scrub and soap to get the stink off me. I cannot believe folks shell out $58 for this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2003 11:47:00 PM More reviews by wildchipmunk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this with my Sephora order. This has to be the worst -- and strangest -- body product I've ever tried. It looks like brown sugar, and I was anticipating a rich, molassesy scent; instead, my nose was assaulted by Old English Furniture polish with Lemon. ICK! A very strong and incongruous lemon scent went with it. When I applied it to my arms, I was dismayed to realize that this sugar was hard; I had thought that it would exfoliate and slowly dissolve into my skin. No. This "sugar" is more like Epsom salts. Add to my displeasure the fact that not only does the stuff smell like furniture oil, it IS furniture oil -- the sugar is suspended in an oil the consistency of which is like olive oil. So, you guessed it: it does not rinse easily. In fact, about an hour after my experience with this, I realized it was STILL on the back of my arms. Grrr!! I'm so glad I didn't pay for this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2003 11:22:00 PM More reviews by hlww74

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Too harsh for me! i can't see myself ever spending this much on a scrub when i can find similar products cheaper:(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2003 11:12:00 PM More reviews by bellabambina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't bought this, but sampled some. I can't believe any sane person would blow $60 on this. Get thee some almond oil, some brown sugar (costing you about $10 total--grab an empty glass jar from the kitchen), mix it up, and there you go. It's practically the same thing. All the other oils and extracts in this don't have much effect: it's just the primary oil and the sugar that account for the exfoliating; the other extracts and oils are just there (in miniscule amounts) to make it seem fancier (and smell more interesting), I think! Who would pay $60 for oil and sugar? And why??? Save $50 and buy something else with the difference! Throw in a squirt of lemon juice and you've got your lemon scent too! That's your truly "FRESH" scrub right there!! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2003 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Allerleirauh

I'm happy that there was a Sephora code to get a sample of this so I could try it before deciding whether or not to buy it since it's so expensive. It smells like lemon bars, it feels nice, and it leaves my skin glowing. While I think this is a terrific product, I'm going to see if I can't make a sugar scrub of my own comparable to this before I drop $58 for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2003 8:17:00 PM More reviews by qtcao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one expensive body scrub at almost $60 for 15 oz. I love to scrub. I do it two to three times a week, so a 15 oz. jar doesn't last me that long. This scrub is not particularly amazing. But it does have tons of different types of oils that are very moisturizing for the skin. I wake up the next day with amazingly soft skin. I don't feel like brown sugar scrubs exfoliates or purifies skin as well as salt scrubs do, but for some reason I do prefer this one in the winter. Again this could because of the amount of oil it contains. I suggest using this before bedtime since the oils in the scrub leave a thick film over skin. I will repurchase this as long as it continues to be available on eBay at almost half the retail price.