April 23, 2014 | 908 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Meganmalone11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I sprayed this in my face this morning and 7 hours later I looked in the mirror and my makeup still looks like I just finished doing it!! :) usually it would have faded a little needing a touch up. For $3 this stuff is amazing! I will defiantly keep using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by charliendave

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this basically on a whim, when looking for a lotion to sooth my face and couldn't find anything I wanted. After looking at the ingredients, I figured this could help and wouldn't hurt. I love it. I did not spray directly on my face, because I was afraid to ruin my makeup and have to start all over. So I sprayed on the back of my hands and used clean fingers to apply to face - not eyes, I figured the primer I use there would be plenty. It works well, makeup stayed on longer than I expected.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by OrchidGurl87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this setting spray. (disclaimer) I have not used any other brands to compare it to but I really like it.
I have oily skin and if it is bad enough it can make my makeup look horrible by mid-day.
I hold it pretty far from my face as opposed to only 6-8 inches that it recommends and I spray only three times. Once aiming towards my forehead, and once aiming towards each side of my face. With it far enough away it gently mists my whole face without over saturating causing possible running. And I do this with all of my makeup on and have never had any issues with eye makeup running.
I feel that on days I use this my makeup stays looking flawless and smooth longer. I do still blot with an oil sheet and touch up powder mid day though but the spray keeps my makeup in place better than without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by gdlywom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very, very effective product. I have extremely oily skin, and my makeup lasted all day, with only one touch-up needed throughout. When I need to blot with oil-absorbing papers, the paper only absorbed the oil, not the makeup! So very glad that this product is available for such a low price. Definitely buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by onegoodcat

I really think that this makes my makeup look fresh and last longer. I don't know if water would just give the same effects, but this works for me, so I am going to keep on repurchasing it. Good job, E.L.F.!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Superstarcarly

Bought this because it was cheap and fancied giving it a go. Defiantly repurchasing this, can't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by BrizzyB

I've been using this product for over 4 Years, wish I had this in high school. Makes my foundation last much longer!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

I am not sure about this Makeup Set & Mist. I did like reading the other reviewers' suggestion about making this product work, such as using a different type of spray bottle or even spraying it farther from face (12 inches+) than 6 inches. However, I find this heavily runs my eye makeup instead of setting it. Also, this may admittedly make me sound like a total dunce -- but half the time that I have used this mist, I have accidentally sprayed it up into my nose despite spraying straight at my face, which was uncomfortable.

The spray bottle is annoying bc the pump constantly sticks, and when it does work, a huge mist comes out (which may be alleviated by spraying farther from face).

I am a bit disbelieved others wrote that they spray 6-8 times, bc I find that if I even just spray 3 times, my makeup starts running.

It does leave blush and foundation on, but definitely is a disaster on eye makeup. Most likely, I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by judy46970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product works very well. I have mild acne, and this does not aggravate it at all. It also leaves my skin looking dewy fresh and feeling very soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by mortal557

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was actually very surprised by this product I wasn't expecting it to do anything but in fact this does hold my makeup slightly better than without but I'm not claiming hours here. However the main benefit I find for this product is helping to get rid of the cakey look and refreshing makeup when a powder top up is needed. When I have finished my makeup I give it a quick few sprays (around 6) over my face to help it look more finished and also when my makeup is starting to wear off I blott off my oil with a tissue give a quick few sprays and then re-apply powder (either spray first or powder) and my makeup looks more fresh again. I haven't noticed any smells and the product doesn't seem to leave any residue behind.
PROS: Can help makeup wear time but only very slightly, great at finishing off makeup for a less powdery / cakey look, helps to refresh makeup when a top up is needed, quite cheap
CONS: Not very nice ingredients (parabens)