September 22, 2014 | 959 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by DrummersWife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a holy grail item for me! I wanted to love this, and was so excited the first time I purchased, and have loved it ever sense!
It is great as a concealer, but it is also a fantastic highlighter. I have dark circles around my eyes, and can tend to look tired even when I'm not. I apply a little of this, and it instantly makes me look so much more refreshed! I absolutely love everything but the price. It has increased a bit over the last couple of years, but for me, it is worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by marianoana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Well, I have this for quite some time now, and it seems it's not helping very much.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by iiiiiiiiii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this product but sadly, although the packaging is luxurious and gorgeous, it really didn't do the job for me. The problem I had was that the product came out in a pearly kind of way which looked unnatural and even though I blended it for ages it didn't really change the effect and also looked quite ageing rather than glowy which was what I'd been going for.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by smjaber

dior skinflash radiance booster pen is so much better than this. the touch eclat is too thick and heavy and doesn't blend with makeup. will not buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 2:43:00 AM More reviews by stevenb

I use this highlighter in shade 1 to brighten up mild under-eye circles and love the results. I have tried using concealers instead and find this gives a better more naturally perfect look. I also apply to my eyelid, under my brow bone and above my lips in the cupid's bow. I tested less expensive pen highlighters from Sephora, AVON and Mark and didn’t like the results. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by vc0117

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw many people complaining about this product not your covering dark circles. This is NOT a concealer. This is a highlighter. It's supposed to be used over your concealer. It's a very good product if you use it to highlight eyes and other areas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for over 10 years and my review is long overdue. Technically, Touche Eclat #1 should've been put under the highlighter category, not concealer. This is the original product/colour that YSL came out with and the purpose was to primarily highlight (and correct through highlighting). Other colours came later and their purpose is more to conceal, although, depending on your skin tone, they may actually provide highlighting as well (if you are darker skinned). So, if you are light to olive toned, and you want to use this product as a highlighter, chances are you should be using #1. If you want to conceal, that is a different story, but you may not see the coverage that you are after, if you have really dark circles (although the coverage is stronger with colours other than 1).
You really need to watch the video on YSL site to learn the proper way to use the product. If you don't, chances are you will be disappointed. But, once you see exactly for what and how this product is used, you will love this product and won't be able to live without it. I put around the tear duct areas of my eyes, on my eyelid just above the lash line, on my lower lid, just below the lash line, outer corners of my eyes, cheekbones, nose bridge, below the eyebrow bone... This is my freshness in a stick and I can't live without it. Expensive, but if you use it properly, it will last you a few months even with daily use. One click is all you need for one application. Highly recommended!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by tasha56

My eyes are deepset, and my skin is so pale that blue veins show through. I hate it. It is the only thing I want to change on my body. I hate my undereye circles I even looked up plastic surgery as an option!

I heard about touch éclat a long time ago but was reluctant to buy it until the girl at the Bobbi Brown make up counter sent me to YSL. I applied the tester tomy undereye area and saw an immediate difference! I told the salesperson to ring it up- $56 with taxes and, yes, it hurt.
I was addicted to it right away- I love the luxurious texture of the brush and product and also the look of the packaging. It plumps up lips, hides the veins on the side of the nose and hides undereye circles. One night, I took my make up in front of some friends and they were like "What happened? You look so tired?". My mom also made similar comments when I went to visit her. My bosses noticed I was glowing! It is the touche éclat! (The product also worked wonders on my mom)
I am a student and when my YSL was running out I was looking for other options and I order a Touche Magique from L'Oréal. It is not the same! I miss the brush from the YSL and the beautiful packaging and I don't care if it makes me poor. At least I will be a nice looking poor girl. Highly recommend it. It worked for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2009 11:12:00 AM More reviews by loobyl

Bought No 1 a few months ago as I have grey areas on each side of my nose near the inner corners of my eyes. I thought this would help hide the grey colour but I think my normal cheapo concealer in a lipstick form works better, I put this under my eyes the first day and it just accentuated the fine lines. I don´t use foundation just powder and can´t really see the point of this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I so much wanted to love this as this is the best seller of YSL and I love the brand.
I got this in 1 (#2 is more matching my yellowish under skin tone but they were out of stock).
N. 1 is the lightest shade of the range, it has a hint of pink, and it goes "cold ".
I tries to apply this in nevery possible way I coudl read about here and on tutorials and on makeup artist sites.
Under your makeup: it simply does not show up - gets totally covered by foundation - so no use and a waste of money.
So I applied on top of my makup.
I applied on the OUTER corner of my eyes, just patting and a small amount. it does not blend properly. I leaves a white area where i apply it.
Ditto on the cheekbones, on the brow arch, on cupid's bow, on the whatever ines you want to *optically* erase.
Well, the highlighted spot gets light of course, but all I got was white spots on my face; I was freaking out when i saw my face in pictures wearing Touche Eclat: I was a puzzle of different colors! Horrible.
So either you wear it under makeup, or I have the wrong shade for my skin and I have to trty other shades (but I am not impressed w/ product and do not want to shell out more money for it).