November 27, 2014 | 1591 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Different Lipstick - Tenderheart

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, i must be the only one that dont like this color. I would like it only if it shows up on me. Its a dull brownish mauve. It does nothing to help my skintone. Its blah!! it adds dullness to my complexion. I guess I like lipsticks/glosses to give me a slight color, dull browish mauve just dont cut it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Dreamy

The only lipstick that I've worn since I was 15 - and 10 years later I still use it. It's a perfect warm neutral a few shades darker than my natural lip colour, so it looks like my lips, but better. The texture is moisturizing and silky, and gives a soft but natural shine. It doesn't last through meals, but it's not meant to. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mrsdarcy001

Tenderheart is one my favorite lipsticks, and I have re-purchased it over and over again for the past 15 years. I have a tube in my purse, in my desk, and on my vanity at all times because this shade goes with everything. I'm NC20, lightly pigmented lips, dark brown hair, hazel eyes. On me this is very natural and subtle, mlbb, and a very wearable nude color. It doesn't wash me out but subtly brightens my complexion and brings out my eyes. Along with Guava Stain, which is similar but pinkier-peachier, this is one of my HG mlbb lippies. I will buy this as long as they continue to make it and then I will hoard it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 4:09:00 AM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only lipstick I have EVER purchased more than twice! Absolutely no scent or taste which are big plusses. I highly recommend this medium pinky brown shade for pale-skinned women who find that pigmented lipsticks usually look too bold on them-- even such popular "universally flattering" shades such as Nars Dolce Vita or Clinique's Black Honey. I have literally tried hundreds of lipsticks in my search for my favorite (mostly Lancome, MAC, Clinique and drugstore brands), and keep coming back to Tenderheart.

My coloring: very fair skin with neutral undertones, MAC NC/NW 10-15, EM Sandy Fair, brown hair and some light freckles. Moderately pigmented lips.

Once thing I love about TH is it's so versatile. Applied full strength or with a tinted gloss it's almost dramatic on my pale skin- good for evening or when I want bolder lips. Blotted it's a subtle deep nude, MLBB. The finish is matte, but I usually apply clear balm or gloss on top for shine or shimmer. If you want a glossy version, Tenderheart is very similar to the Clinique Buttershine in DeLovely. But I prefer the l/s I can wear as matte or shiny as I want. Plus it's more pigmented than the buttershines and lasts longer - also fades very well and looks natural without leaving any weird residue or ring around my lips.

Color comparisons with other popular "universal" shades I've tried: TH is lighter than Black Honey, and warmer. It's also warmer than Nars Dolce Vita, which was too pink on me. It's cooler than CG Trushines in Cinnamon shine (another favorite of mine especially in autumn), and warmer than Blushberry. I tried an Avon shade (nude pink) that was quite similar but had a slight odd taste. I can't think of any MAC or Lancome shades that are similar to TH-- that may be because I've mostly tried shimmery/frosty shades from those brands. I've never found a drugstore equivalent to TH, but each tube seems to last a year or more anyway. Love it. Hope they make it forever. I personally have never had a problem with the tube chipping as some reviewers mention, and it's a cute silver tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by joody

Does anyone have a problem with the clinique silvery tube turning rusty and brown?? Yuck!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by rainshine

This is a MLBS color--(my lips but same), because it is a bit too brown and close to my pale lip color to do much. I need something a bit different in color or less sheer than this--it took a few applications to get the color to show up enough. That said, it's still a good color when you want to look natural when running errands. Though I'm not sure I'd buy it again--got it as a GWP.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by jlclerf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I swapped for this not knowing anything about it, and was pleasantly surprised! I love this lipstick. I have a hard time finding a color that isn't too pink, isn't too brown, isn't too red, but this might be the one! It is nearly the perfect shade for me, just the tiniest bit too brown. This lipstick somehow manages to look casual and polished at the same time. The texture is really nice - not too heavy, not too sheer, and it doesn't wear off too quickly. It doesn't have any specific scent to it, just the normal scent I associate with lipsticks. I don't feel right commenting on the packaging since it's the GWP version, but it does the job. I won't hesitate to repurchase when I run out!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in a gift, but the color basically does nothing for me - hardly shows up and is too neutral. The texture is nice though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by kklunder

This is my staple when it comes to lipstick. I love that it is sheer but gives a nice color to the lips. It is a perfect color for my skintone. I am fair skinned, and find this to look good with every look. The only complaint I have is the packaging. It is silver plated or something and it flakes off. Then it looks trashy, and almost like rusted. Yuck!
I have repurchased at least 3 tubes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Adrianlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the only lippie I own. I usually get them during GWP but, I would def. buy. Im a GGG/DDD with deep olive skin and dark pigmented lips. On me this color is a warm brownish pink pretty much the same color as my lips but a litte more pink. It really evens out my lip color and gives a natural nude look. I love the texture its not like a lipstick at all, it's very moist. I usually swipe this on and leave it as is or top with a gloss.