September 1, 2014 | 1882 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I held off on trying this foundation for the longest time because I felt that it would be similar to extremely light coverage foundations like YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat - beautiful on the skin, but I prefer a heavier coverage personally. Unfortunately none of the shades matched my pale neutral toned skin, but I got a sample of B20 just the same which was too peachy but I figured I could blend it out and make it work. I was pleasantly surprised by how much heavier the coverage was than I expected and how smoothly it glided onto my skin without accentuating any pores or dry patches like so many other foundations do. Sadly, it broke me out on my chin after a few days use. If you don't have sensitive skin, run out and get this because it truly is a gorgeous foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 7:36:00 AM More reviews by LovelyNo5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this the other day in the shade B10. It's the lightest yellow-toned shade available. It's not bad, but I wouldn't spend my money on this foundation. First of all, it's VERY fragranced. You can smell it on your face all day long. The fragrance is very nice, but why on earth have fragrance in something you put on your face? It's probably to do with adding a luxurious feeling, but as far as I'm concerned, the best indicator of high quality is performance, not smell. Secondly, it oxidizes. I'd expect better from a foundation which is this expensive. Thirdly, if you have dry skin like me, it goes on matte and stays matte. No lustre, no dewiness. And fourthly, lasting power, even on my dry skin, is 4-5 hours maximum.

There's a much less pricy foundation out there which performs equally well, if not better: Vichy Aera Teint Pure. In fact, if it wasn't for the Chanel fragrance, I would have a hard time telling them apart! But the Vichy, while equally thin in consistency and with the same light feeling going on, lasts a lot longer than Vitalumiere and doesn't oxidize. I'd suggest reading the reviews for the Vichy Aera Teint Pure first, before splurging on this expensive and heavily fragranced foundation.

EDITED to add: The fragrance in this foundation must be alcohol based. I received my sample in a little plastic jar with a lid, and a couple of days later the fragrance is now much less prominent. That would be a good thing, if it wasn't for the fact that the scent itself has gone from smelling lovely and floral to smelling like aftershave! I think if Chanel would just ditch the heavy fragrance in this foundation, it could be a great one for those with the skin types it's suited for (i.e. not dry and dehydrated ones).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by HeidiDriesen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This is my go-to foundation.
It just hydrating enough, but not too much, so it doesn't make me greasy.
I am very light so I use the BR22 - Beige Rosé
It's a sheer cover, but enough to hide redness, ...
Still need a concealer under my eyes and for blemishes.
I apply it with a foundation brush, in my opinion that gives the best result, plus I don't like touching my face with my hands to much because it is so so sensitive.
Tried other foundations, but find myself going back too the Vitalumiere Aqua every time.
The only thing I always think about is the price, but it's worth every euro!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Annalouise91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I have pretty oily skin especially in my Tzone so I do have to blot maybe once or twice but I've come to accept that this is just a given. It's so light weight & goes on great. It definitely doesn't give you a lot of coverage but I love it for work. Gives me a nice light weight & natural finish. The price for this here in Aus is pretty expensive ($77 I believe) but I will definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Hilda0414

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Yes, it is relatively expensive at $45 an ounce, but I only use a little and only on areas that NEED coverage, so it is proving to last a long bit. I use a 30 SPF lotion under it as SPF in any foundation is not sufficient. My skin color is light to medium with a yellow, not rose, base so I use color 30 which is an amazing match.

Shake well and it melts into your complexion but leaves a nice, not drying, finish and lasts...almost a powder like finish. Get so many compliments on flawless skin when I wear it and I just turned 60!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by roisinbelfast

Amazing! Have you got dry skin? Go buy this! It's my everyday foundation and I love love love it! It's fab! Go buy it! X

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:37:00 AM More reviews by thekooks

Vitalumiere Aqua is by far my most favourite everyday foundation I have ever used!
The colour matches my skin perfectly, and the foundation blends like a dream. Make sure to shake it well before using, and apply with fingers or a brush for a flawless finish.
I would say light-medium coverage but its very buildable and still looks very natural.
Its very light and makes my skin still feel like skin, but still covers redness and blemishes very well (especially if you build it)
I have acne thats fading but still red and visible, but this foundation covers it perfectly and gives me a flawless finish, but still looks really natural! Its a semi-matte finish so for me it lasts long as its not too dewy, but still gives a healthy glow.
If you are thinking about buying this foundation, I recommend that you do (try it out first) because I love it so much!

Last thing- many people complain about the packaging, and although its not the most luxurious packaging ever, its very handy to travel with and is very handy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

really, rely nice product. I love it. It's pretty thin but good coverage actually. It is waterbased, which I find actually makes it stay on better. But make sure to shake it before using it, or else it's all seperated and weird. Also I suggest having the girls at the chanel counter color match you because the product is pretty expensive so that would be a bummer to have a color that looks weird on you. Usually people tell me to buy makeup with a yellowish tint because I have redness on my skin and it's supposed to cancel out the redness, but at chanel they actually suggested a color that had pinkish undertones which works great on me because it blends right into my skin but stilll covers well. I think it is definitely worth the price. Really nice finish and does not make my skin any more oily at all. Love it

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by shauna510

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not loving this foundation. It doesn't seem to blend or melt into the skin. It looks like it is just sitting on top of the skin and is very un-natural looking. It has a subtle sheen to it, but the texture is weird. I feel like a vampire in the twilight movies or something. Also, the coverage is good but it seems to accentuate other flaws like fine lines, pores, and ANY dryness. After freshly applied with a straight face, it looks flawless; but when moving the face AT ALL, it kind of crinkles up and makes my skin look worse than it is. I was using it every day just to use it up but couldn't bear it any longer and finally threw it out. I wanted to love this but unfortunately it did not work for me. After trying many many many foundations, I'm finding that my favorite ones are from the drug store. (Revlon colorstay for oily skin, revlon colorstay whipped, cover girl 3 in 1 to name a few) Weird, but kinda cool ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Alexacelineazka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

its my runner up favorite liquid foundie.first position chanel mat lumiere.however sometime i like it more than chanel ML coz more light coverage. its very watery. .very lightweight..like u nothing put foundie in u face..shake 30x and u get creamy consistency.
Mine shade b20 in my face nc 20 asian very yellow skin tone its look bronzey ashy i set with lighter loose powder.
But it make my face look polished very stunning.staying power average until 5 hours slightly disappear.