September 30, 2014 | 1932 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by vanessah777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS POWDER!!! I don't even mind the smell. I actually love the way it smells. It has a vintagey grandma smell lol but I actually like it and hope they never change the smell.

The powder sets my foundation very well and I rarely need to touch up my face when I apply this powder. Love this!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by beautyforless

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally, the perfect setting powder has finally found me!
I adore this powder. I use it after foundation to set everything, and it works marvelously. The great thing about it is that you can pack it on and it won't cake. Wonderful for me, because I always feel the need to layer my powders, even though with this and my Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation, my makeup is unlikely to budge.
Some have complained about the smell. True, it's a bit old lady-ish. It dissapates, but it did leave the scent on my brush, which a washing took care of. No worries, it's one of those scents where only the wearer can smell, and even then it's only a few minutes. Kind of reminded me of my grandma, though I doubt she ever used this powder, or makeup in general. Still, nostalgia is wonderful.
The packaging drives me crazy. it's next to impossible to get anything out of those itsy bitsy holes. So I took out the sifter and now I control how much I need. I place the sifter back in for traveling. So far, no major upsets (knock on wood).
You get a ridiculous amount of product for the price. I will definetly repurchase...if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by hancam1030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great setting powder. It does not cake up whatsoever, even if you apply wayyy too much it still looks natural and amazing. It keeps my face matte and natural looking all day. It is very affordable and I will definately replace (when I use up some other powders I have) They better never discontinue this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this powder for over a year and I haven't even made a dent in it! You don't need much and there's so much product. I have the round "box" version and yes it smells like an old lady but I don't mind it, like everyone says it reminds me of the old vintage vanity's and glamour :-) it sets my makeup like no other, and makes my skin look flawless. I don't think I'll run out any time soon, but I'm going to buy a couple for back up, some reviews said its discontinued and that scares me! Lol as it is, its already hard to find usually always sold out, so better safe then sorry. All in all, its a wonderful powder, sets beautifully and never looks cakey. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by lepoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This powder is absolutely the best powder in the history of EVER!!! My grandmother used this powder and I have such fond memories of watching her put her makeup on and finish with a simple dusting of this powder. Her makeup always looked flawless. When I started doing pageants, I used this product to set my stage makeup and it did its job, and then some. I never thought to use this outside of pageants, simply due to the fact that I thought it was "stage." One day, I ran out of my regular powder, so I reluctantly broke out my Coty. I used a small dusting of this powder and it lasted all day. I had more compliments on my makeup that day than I had ever had! I started using Coty everyday and I haven't looked back. It doesn't take much and I use it strictly to set my concealer, but it does the job and it does it spectacularly. I would recommend this to everyone! In fact, I use it on my clients: wedding, prom, pageant, portrait, quince, and more makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 8:05:00 AM More reviews by ladypamela1

Sheer but keeps make up in place. Dig the retro old lady scent too. Nice affordable finishing touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by XenaNg

This powder makes my skin look poreless and flawless after I've applied foundation and concealer. It has a sweet scent to it, and I enjoy that. However, the packaging irks me just a little. The sifter jar can be a little messy and hard to transport. The product itself is very economical and will last for quite a while!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by SuziH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This loose powder has been one of my all-time favorites for many years, since I was around age 16. Typically, I purchase the shade in Naturally Neutral, but also I purchase the Translucent Extra Coverage version, and find that I can use the two pretty interchangeably (my complexion is very pale). I enjoy the familiar powdery scent, so I haven't bought the fragrance-free version. Since I don't care for the way it feels to wear foundation, I tend to prefer using concealer and then I set that with a dusting of the Airspun powder. Immediately following the application of this powder, I spritz my face using an atomizer bottle of rosewater, and I am thus able to achieve a fresh and flawless complexion that appears naturally healthy and hydrated instead of artificially dry and powdery. I do find that I need to blot my nose with a tissue by lunchtime to combat a bit of breakthrough shine, but I don't reapply any powder unless it's at the end of the day and I'm going back out after work...at that point, I simply blot my T-zone with a tissue, lightly dust a veil of Airspun powder again, and finish with another light misting of rosewater.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by barbm813

I love this powder. It gives my skin a nice finish whether I use it over foundation or just moisturizer. Unlike some powders, it doesn't sink in and emphasize fine lines and I just love the scent. The package is too bulky to carry for touchups, but it is cheap enough that I can have a second container in my desk at work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2012 9:54:00 AM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Usually I loathe face powder, blushes/ highlighters/ some bronzers excepted, but my mind's been changed; this old-school drugstore treasure may well be the only powder I let anywhere near my face again. It's milled into almost nothing, so it gives a perfect matte china-doll finish while going bloody near invisible--no beading or patching or caking into stucco--and the smallest tap sets your entire face. The smell does remind me of my grandmother, who swore by it, but that doesn't put me off because A) it's a nice memory trigger, and B) she enjoyed a mind-blowing complexion well into her eighties. (There is an unscented formula, but I've yet to find it in Naturelle, the shade I use.)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No