October 1, 2014 | 1885 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by cboylove

I started using the hydrating cleanser when I was on accutane. Now that I've been off that medication for a while my skin has begun to produce more oil. This cleanser removes all the oil on my face without leaving it dry and tight. It makes my skin feel really smooth and plump. It's not the cheapest cleanser but its worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser worked well for me when my oily skin didn't have any hydration issues, but since experiencing dehydration, I've realized it is too much. I've tried using the hydrating cleanser to address my dehydration, but I find that it does not address my oiliness (it can't cut through it) and that it does break me out.

When my skin was just oily, this foaming cleanser did a great job of breaking through the oil and leaving my skin clean and residue-free. I never experienced any tightness or dryness until my skin started to get more dehydrated. I've since switched to Boots sensitive foaming, which is very similar to this product, except that it is not as drying.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by xoxollt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser! I have been using Purpose cleanser since 8th grade and always considered it my HG. I'm now 25 and wanted to try something new that would remove my makeup, but also help me heal the occasional breakout and help me get a jump start on anti-aging.. This cleanser seemed like the perfect marriage! I like that CeraVe in general is recommended by so many derms and also that it has ingredients which are supposed to help your skin heal itself in a way. I love to use this with my Clarisonic every night. I cleanse and rinse a couple times to remove my makeup and then use it with my Clarisonic. I have been using this for about 2 weeks now sometimes using the CeraVe and sometimes the Purpose (whatever's handy!) and I really notice a difference in the texture of my skin! I don't find it to be too drying, actually more nourishing, but then again I tone and moisturize as soon as I'm done cleansing. I use about 1 pump each time I cleanse when I'm removing makeup otherwise I use about 1/2 to 1 pump. I've noticed the less you use the more it foams! This doesn't have any color or scent which I love. Overall I really like this cleanser.. My skin is super soft and looks nice and clear. Pretty similar to Purpose, but much more healing and nourishing! LOVE IT.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this. It definitely foams, but I would say perhaps too much foam. It takes forever to rinse off. I don't have the patience to rinse my face more than three times. One rinse always seemed to do the trick for any other facial cleanser I've used. And my skin didn't feel that great afterwards, even if I managed to rinse it all off. Its a bummer because it wasn't cheap, and i was excited to try it. Maybe it was a hard water/soft water thing?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by mladyd

I like this stuff. My old "holy grail" was Clearasil Daily Face Wash, which I used for over 10 years until they stuck salicylic acid in everything. I like a cleanser that takes off all my makeup and then goes away. I've been bouncing around with various generic drug store versions of Clearasil and Purpose but found a good deal on a big bottle of this and it's really doing the trick. Whether I use it before bed or in the shower in the morning it rinses off completely and doesn't stick around and pretend to be a treatment of any sort, I have other products for that. The smell is mild and it foams up well. The pump is a little tricky since on my bottle it never "poped up"...I just have to have it turned the right way so that I can push it down. The Purpose pump got clogged half way through the bottle too so only time will tell how this one ends up. I preferred the squeeze tube of my old cleanser but this is fine. I follow up with some witch hazel and moisturizer and my face is calm. I'm in my mid 50's so I'm no longer doing battle with acne but I'm prone to eczema and this hasn't caused a reaction so no complaints there either!
EDIT: One morning this was missing from my shower and my 23 year old son told me he had taken it. He asked me to buy him his own since he liked it much better than the stuff he was using (generic Clearasil face wash) so I obliged. I only mention this because it's the first time he's ever paid attention to anything like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by albrygold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After trying many cleansers, I've found one that may become my HG! It's gentle, has no odor and leaves my skin smooth. Since using it, I seem to have fewer outbreaks of cystic acne. I use it in the morning and after using oil cleanser at night. The few times I used it alone to remove makeup, it did a good job, but I like using the combination at the end of the day.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:50:00 AM More reviews by rachrachrach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Staying far away from cerave. Broke me out something awful. Thankfully, I always test on my chin and part if my neck, so no break out on my face. Still have lingering pimples a week out. I can't say if its the hydrating or foaming cleanser, or the lotions since I was desperate to try something new to help relieve my super dry skin, neither products helped in that department, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by Tay8000

This face wash is very gentle and really makes your skin feel clean. I normally use it twice, once to get my make up off and again to clean my face and it doesn't dry my skin out. I started using this when I got eczema on my face and it didn't irritate it at all. It's a lot of money to buy it but it also last forever so it's worth it. I'm on my second bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by figuresk8r92

After dealing with some horrendous breakouts, I visited my dermatologist. She recommended using Cerave products instead of my Neutrogena face wash and lotion. I love the way this face wash lathers, I don't have to use as much product. It also felt very simple, no fragrance, no mentholated "faux fresh" feeling on my face. I paired this with my Clarisonic, and my skin cleared up and felt absolutely amazing! This is a great face wash because it's simple, doesn't overdry the skin (as long as you follow it up with moisturizer), and is a bargain! That one $12 bottle lasted me for over six months! Definitely repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by ggbeana

Great drugstore cleanser. This removes all my makeup easily. I love it's gentle formula that doesn't break out my sensitive skin. I have repurchased this several times. Its very affordable and the pump makes it very convenient