April 18, 2014 | 844 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by psitsnottoolate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It was because of the rave reviews I've heard about this product that I decided to go out and buy this. Unfortunately, this dried out my skin SO BAD I couldn't believe it. I literally only used a pea-sized amount on my entire face and yet it felt like my face was stretch as tight as an elastic band. It's too bad since I really, really wanted this to work for me, and it seems like I'm the only one that has had this experience with this cleanser. I have not tried the Hydrating Cleanser because I've combo to oilier skin but on second though, maybe I should've.

Pros:
- Nice, clean packaging?
- At least it didn't break me out (as far as I know of)

Cons:
- EXTREMELY DRYING
- Expensive (I paid $15 for 300 mL)

Maybe it's just me, but I will definitely not repurchase this. Will continue hunt for HG cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by ThumbelinaBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me just get to the point. This is an amazing cleanser.
I use this one of two ways, Either on its own or with my Clarisonic. On it's own it removes all my makeup without me needing to scrub at my face, which is great since my skin is pretty delicate, or with my Clarisonic to really deep clean my face. Usually the latter. It keeps my normal skin from drying out or becoming too oily, it removes a full face of makeup without needing to scrub, and it prevents my skin from breaking out. I can really recommend this cleanser to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by sassepiano

I used Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash since I was in high school. There were some changes in my skin which led me to try the Sage Facial Shampoo (Regular) and while that was nice, it costs a little too much. I know the knowledge of MUA will lead me to find a better cleanser. Recently I went on a combo of Aczone (dapsone) gel in the morning and tretinoin 0.05% in the evening and those medications has made my face slightly dry and flakey. You're supposed to wait about 15-30 minutes after you cleanse before applying tretinoin. That's when Purpose did not work for me. My face was super dry by the time it was ready for tretinoin. This is where the Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser saved the day! I use about about 1/2 to 3/4 of a pump on wet hands, rub my hands until the soap starts to foam and I wash my face as usual. My face feels great afterwards, and I can go the 15-30 minutes before applying tretinoin without feeling super dry. Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by plainjane123

I had high hopes for this cleanser since it was very recommended for oily skin gals like myself. While it did "fix" my oily skin, my skin felt so dry after the first few times of using it, it was definitely not pleasant. The things I did like about this cleanser: it was cheap, it worked very well with my clarisonic, and it removed makeup. I just really wish it wasn't so drying!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by rtorres72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So far I am very impressed with this cleanser. It doesn't foam the way foaming hand soap does, but I'm actually happy about that. :) Doesn't irritate my skin, cause redness or leave it tight/dry/flaky7 (all of which are important to me because I have rosacea and possible seb derm). Rinses well and leaves my skin smoother than I've ever experienced. Not the cheapest (although inexpensive compared to department store brands) but I only need half a pump, so it should least quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by AlexisW

I bet this cleanser is a dream for normal to oily skin. But my skin is dry and it's parched after using this.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Sugacube

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had this cleanser for two years now, it's still pretty full. This is like cetaphil cleanser, which I hate, but I like this one better. I use this when I run out of my normal stuff. Or sometimes to wash my hands when they are dry. It feels like there is residue still left on your face. It doesn't dry out your face, clog your pores or anything. But this is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always come back to CeraVe because it's so gentle and effective. It gets off all the mineral oil/cleansing oil residue from precleansing without irritating my skin. I'm very clog prone so I need a cleanser that will clean off EVERYTHING. This does the job and leaves my skin feeling smooth and not irritated. I really love it-- HG for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by AliRutherford

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Overall, I am very happy with this product. It doesn't do wonders for my skin, but it does a good job of cleansing it without leaving any residue. I use this every day and it doesn't irritate or overdry my skin. It keeps most of my acne at bay. It is affordable and I like that it comes in a pump- plus it lasts me a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am so happy to have found this cleanser. I was using Paula's Choice "Hydralight," which I kind of preferred due to the non-foaming aspect, but this is SO much less expensive, and good/ neutral to skin. So far, very happy.

I still use Paula's for other skincare products.