Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

3.6

active ingredients: octinoxate 5.90%, zinc oxide 3.70%, titanium dioxide 2.90% ingredients: water\aqua\eau, methyl trimethicone, phenyl trimethicone, dimethicone, triethylhexanoin, butylene glycol, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg-10 dimethicone, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, lactobacillus ferment, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel extract, magnolia grandiflora bark extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, astrocaryum murumuru seed butter, glycerin, caffeine, sodium myristoyl sarcosinate, caprylyl methicone, methicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, disteardimonium hectorite, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer-3, lecithin, tocopheryl acetate, laureth-7, dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer, sodium chloride, dipropylene glycol, disodium edta, aluminum hydroxide, polyaminopropyl biguanide, phenoxyethanol, [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)]

on 11/6/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

As I'm currently coming to the end of my second month on Accutane, I've had be extremely careful with my skin. My skin hasn't been very dry on the Accutane (and if it has been, moisturizer fixes it quickly), but my skin has been very very red. I get flushed much more easily (due to my skin being thinned out), and my acne scars and marks look a lot more red than they did before Accutane. Since Accutane makes your skin photosensitive, I was looking for a makeup with some SPF in it. I went to the Clinique counter and the woman suggested this and put some on me and it was really phenomenal. Usually when I go to the Clinique counter, I don't have much luck, but something made me want to go there and I'm so glad. My skin looked amazing and my mom even called them up when I got back home and is going to get some soon.

My only gripe is the color. My skin is very pale when it's not all red, and this color seemed just a touch too dark and also a bit too yellow/orange to match my skin as perfectly as I'd like it to. That said, with some blush and some all-over face color from Bare Minerals, that can be solved.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I picked this up on a whim at a CCO. My redness is from mild rosacea which is primarily on my cheeks..I chose the Calming Alabaster shade and it was just a touch more pink than my NC20 coloring but definitely still wearable without being visibly off if you weren't searching for it. I apply it with a paddle shaped foundation brush and a little goes a long way. The coverage is great. With one application it covers my redness almost completely. It puts Dermablend to shame. The foundation sets to a semi-matte finish. It does smell of sunscreen up front which I don't care for but it doesn't linger enough to become offensive. The only thing I don't understand is the probiotic benefits this product has. Probiotic benefits come from ingesting them and not topical application so this leaves me a little confused but it doesn't change my opinion of the product. I always use powder over this product and it always sets beautifully. I've received several compliments on my skin since using it. I find that it can be somewhat drying so I make sure I'm well moisturized before using it. I also do a little spritz of a moisturizing spray if I begin to feel a little tightness. The foundation lasts all day and I am very pleased with it. I will purchase this again. For having picked this up on a whim I am impressed and recommend it. I'd also like to add that this product caused no flare ups, breakouts or irritation.

on 11/4/2011 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have rosacea and have been looking for ANYTHING to cover the redness without contributing to the flare up. This product did not cover the redness and irritated my skin and caused it to flush more. I also have acne and this product didn't break me out - which was a plus. The cover is alright but the color matching is difficult. Even the lightest shade on my skin was too dark and I am not extremely fair skinned. This product does not cover the redness like it advertises. NEXT.

on 11/1/2011 7:11:00 PM

Love it great coverage and long lasting. See my link for more information- compaired to Cover FX http://siggysuesbeautyblog.blogspot.com/

on 10/30/2011 11:51:00 PM

For many of us with rosacea, this is one of those no-win products. It may cover some red but it's full of all sorts of ingredients which means the odds of exacerbating one's rosacea with something that the face doesn't like goes up exponentially; plus it has zinc, and although zinc has a calming effect as well as offering UV protection, it can also be responsible for the "cakey," "flaking,""drying" effect people complain about.

Clinique didn't get it right with this product.

on 10/22/2011 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cannot say enough good things about this foundation!
I went out to splurge on one really good foundation, not minding to spend a few extra bucks. Took samples from MUFE, Chanel (which oxidixed to a really dark brown), Estee Lauder etc. Used them for over 10-15 days and I wasn't sold on any of those.
Finally I saw Lisa Elridge's video on acne covering makeup. This seemed to do the trick. So I went and got a sample. I don't have acne but oily skin and a hint of pink undertone in my cheeks. No foundation had survived on my face beyond 11am.
This is where my search ended. This foundation is AMAZING. It covers the pinkish undertone in my skin so well and controls the oil like NOTHING ELSE. I do not need to blot or powder. And till the late evening my face looks the same. I just put a little around the areas I need it in and leave the rest as is. The finished look is flawless.
Also, its at an amazing price and doesn't clog my pores.
As I said, I cannot say enough good things about this :)
If you have similar skin please do give this a try!

on 10/21/2011 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this foundation because i needed more coverage in my foundation.. plus i have had acne scarring and redness so I thought that this would help! this foundation is soo BOSS!! it covers up all of my acne marks tht are normally nearly impossible to cover up!!! plus the shade fits my skin tone perfectly.. the only problem that i have with this foundadtion is that the bottle is small.. if i am going to pay 25 dollars per bottle, i need a little bit more out of it instead of 1 oz.

on 10/21/2011 6:47:00 PM

I love this foundation! I am pale, pale, pale with a lot of redness and some mild to moderate acne marks on my cheeks. I find that, especially when I use a primer under it, it just glides right over any areas of concern and makes my face look baby butt smooth. And it stays put without drying to a paint like finish, which is fantastic. The coverage is buildable without becoming cakey. The only two small issues that I have with it are that the lightest shade is a bit darker than my skin tone (but that's an issue that I almost always have with foundation). But the great thing is that, because it's specifically designed for people with redness and/or pinker undertones, it never looks like I'm wearing a mask or anything. And it's not overly yellow, which is a HUGE plus, because I've found that other makeups that are designed to reduce redness can go way over the top with yellow or greenish tints to them. Not pretty. Anyway, the only other small complaint that I have is that I wish they offered a larger size. It's about $25 at Macy's or Sephora, which I don't think is too bad...but if I could get more of it, I would. Other than that, I love it. I will definitely buy this again!

on 10/20/2011 7:18:00 AM

Cakey and turned orangy after a few hours. It settled into fine lines that I didn't even know I had! Very heavy and drying.

on 10/16/2011 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My skin has some redness with a few scars and pimples, so this foundation really helps in coverage. An additional benefit of this foundation is that it doesn't make me break out. However, this is not the best option for oily people like me. This is why I put this on during colder weather. What I do is start with primer, this foundation, then powder over for a nice finish.
My main reason for using this foundation is coverage, and it's a big help there!