September 22, 2014 | 2022 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After hesitating due to the price, I finally decided to purchase this because I needed a new concealer. It's in liquid form in a glass pump, which I like. To prevent it from dispensing too much product, I just press down slowly and stop when I have the right amount.

I bought it in NC45 and the shade matches perfectly! It covers my dark spots and it conceals my undereye area with minimal creasing. It also dries to a matte finish which I like because my skin gets oily/shiny. This is the best concealer I have used and it is worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by SoraHime

I have been using this concealer since late autumn after trying a host of products in varying price range and this is the only product that had most of what I was looking for and needed. It still doesn't completely cover my dark circles but at least it does not cake or crease horribly. I find that I have to pump this product into a container with a tight lid as one pump is too much product to cover the area I need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by coconut17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG product! This conceals so amazingly well and lasts all day! I also love that you only need a teeny tiny bit to get the job done- what an incredible product! Makes my skin look flawless!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Earthlynostalgia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had the prolong wear concealer for a while now. I don't use it often simply because I find my under eyes to be to dry for it. If you have pretty dry skin like myself I would not recommend it. The bottle last ages though, and a little goes a long way. I did get this in Nc20 but i think Nw20 would have been better suited for covering my dark circles.
I'm not sure if i'll repurchase it. I mean it covers dark circles pretty good, it's just dry on my skin.If you have oilier skin i think this would work for you. It last a while and has a decent price which is the reason why i might want to repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by peggytsui

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer ever. I have repurchased this in NC20, and decided to get it in NW20 for my undereyes. It works on both undereyes and on any blemishes. The coverage is absolutely amazing, you need the smallest amount, a little goes a long way. The annoying thing about this concealer is that it always pumps out way too much, and you end up wasting quiet a bit of product. Also, it dries pretty quickly, so don't leave it on your face for too long before blending, or else, it will just stay there, unblended. This really is pro long wear as the name suggests, I have oily skin and nothing fades. It takes me about a year to go through one bottle, so it's definitely worth the money.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is so great!!! It has ended my search for an under eye concealer. Provides quick, full but believable coverage. Never masky looking. The pump takes some finessing, but this liquid is so versatile I never have trouble using up the amount dispensed. I use just a dab, not even a pea sized amount maybe half a pea - it does under both eyes with left over to mix with moisturizer for the rest of my face, or cover any redness or spots, mix with foundation for full coverage - whatever my face needs that day.

Only $19 & I can use it all over my face as opposed to the $15-30 for under eye specific concealers (tried Maybelline, NYX, NARS, Laura Mercier, Benefit & IT). Fabulous, matte coverage that somehow doesn't accent dry spot & last all day. Possible HG here...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

As per usual, I'm very late on the MAC bandwagon and have known about this concealer for a long while and have only just got round to buying it. Partly because there's no MAC counter near me (boohoo), and partly because I have loved my Benefit concealers (Boing and Erase Paste) for the best part of a year and have had no desire to change (I'm a creature of habit).
However, I thought I'd take the plunge and get it when I visited a MAC counter recently. Unfortunately, I suffer with eczema/rosacea on the face and it makes me incredibly depressed hence the reason I need a heavy duty concealer that not only covers and looks natural but that highlights without making my dry skin noticeable.
As soon as I put the Pro Longwear to my under eye area I audibly went 'oooooo' at the result. It is very thick in consistency, almost to the point of being like a foundation, and the amount of coverage you get from one tiny pump is unbelievable. You really need to half the amount you use because you get so much coverage from one little blob. It covers my dark circles, any redness from the eczema disappears completely and it lasts all day without reapplication for me. I really don't know how I have gone this long without it, it blows any other concealer I have ever used completely out of the water. HG status really doesn't go far enough to express my love of it.
There are only two reasons that stop me from giving it full marks. One is that the packaging hacks me off no end. The pump always manages to dispense too much product, no matter how lightly I press I always end up having way more than needed. Although, I have mastered a way in which to spread it out so it covers both eyes, I would just far rather they rethought the packaging. The second reason is that this is a hugely dry formula, probably owing to the fact its full coverage, but I have dry skin already and it can make it feel particularly dried out come the end of the day. However I do not experience any itchiness or irritation with this product like I do with some other foundations/concealers.
Overall, I am very much in love with MAC pro longwear. I'm very tempted to go online and order a backup because I'm not sure I could ever go back to other concealers having used this one. Love it, definitely recommend and repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is one product I have been trying over and over to like, but after numerous chances, I hate to say that this product totally disappointed me. Honestly after reading such amazing reviews, I thought my only concern would be the annoying pump bottle. Unfortunately though, that was the least of my concerns. I'm a long time user of the Studio Finish concealer in the pot, which I find works amazing, but I wanted something a little more heavy duty that would hold up better than the Studio Finish. This application is nice. It's thin but still very pigmented and easy to blend. However, I don't find that it wears well at all. It just looks SO dry. and I have oily skin so usually I like products to be a little drier and a little more matte. This however, makes my skin so dry that a few hours into the day, I suddenly have very obviously dry, ugly skin where I put the concealer. Especially under my eyes. I also find that it gets patchy as it wears. My skin just looks like it's in horrible shape when I wear this. I've tried everything to make it work but I'm definitely going to go back to my Studio Finish concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by makeupdiva224

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is best stuff on the earth!! nice coverage and blends really good

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by yassaminj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have dry/ combination skin, and after using a different mac concealer that was drying my skin out, I decided to take my best friends advice and buy this one instead.

The price for this concealer was fairly high, but the reviews I had read were so great that I felt able to buy it with confidence in the product! I was so glad when I discovered how great it was! This concealer blends in perfectly with my skin and removes any blemishes and undereye bags without looking too cakey or orange. I would really recommend buying a good brush with this, such as the mac concealer brush, or I use the ecotools brush which I absolutely love! But I would really say don't use your fingers!

Unfortunately, there are some negatives to this concealer, one of which is the actual bottle itself which has been a bit of a difficulty for me. This is because the bottle has a pump and when you use the product a lot comes out at one time so I end up wasting a fair amount of it, or using it all up all over my face to not waste it because it was quite pricey. On the other hand, I would say its a good idea to squirt all of the product into a pot and use it from the pot so you can control the amount that you need on the brush in order to not waste it, which is what my friend did and it worked really well!

Apart from some problems with the bottle, the concealer itself is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone with any skin type that wants a good coverage under eyes or on spots!