April 18, 2014 | 1637 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by hotdg77

This is my holy grail concealer. It lasts all day with minimal creasing and when blended under the eyes with a beauty blender sponge, it gives the most natural but full coverage finish. The price is worth it in my opinion and if you pump the product out carefully it will last you a very long time (depending on how much you use) since you don't require a lot of it in the first place. It comes in a good shade range for different skin tones as well. It works really well on blemishes too since it is more on the dry side but does not cover up spots as much. Highly recommend this concealer for combination-oily/oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this concealer. It lasts a LONG time. And it's pretty easy to blend! I have very clear and even skin, so I normally just use one pump of this on my under eyes in the shade nw25 to brighten them up, and conceal the darkness there, and whatever's left over i'll blend onto my nose and on my left cheek where I have some freckles! It hasn't broken me out, and it's lasted from seven am, to four am in full sun in the summer for photoshoots! It really does last! I just wish the pump wasn't so picky and wouldn't pump out so much product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by screensiren

loooove this concealer! I could not live without. gives great coverage on my acne spots and is amazing for under eye. It never cakes or wears off and does not go into my eye lines. I also love to put it around my eyebrows and use as a highlight. Must have!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by toomuchmakeupxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have two colors of this- NC 15, and NC 20. I do love this concealer! It is a great multi-functioning product. You can use it on blemishes, under the eyes, and even as foundation. I use it mostly as foundation. The pump sucks, but if it really bugs you that much, you can pump it all out into an empty jar. I don't mind it. The price is a little much, but I've had mine for a long while, and I'm not even close to running out! I would recommend this to anyone who needs a basic, good coverage, multi-purpose concealer. I will definitely repurchase this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in the shade Nc15 which matches me perfectly, A very small bit of this goes a long way i barley press the pump to get enough for under my eyes and a few spots that need concealing. It dries quickly but i don't find that a problem as i dab it in to blend it while it dries. It has amazing coverage and is long lasting.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by snowwgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Super lucky I got a MAC sample because this creases like crazy and makes me look even older. Tried it many ways- buffed with brush, patted on with finger, over primer, or with a beauty blender. Same poor result- after 10 minutes, its dries in fine lines. Beware of the hype if you are over 40.Not your friend.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Ladydeemone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this concealer after I had heard rave reviews on youtube stating how it doesn't crease under eyes and I was hugely dissappointed. I really had high hopes for this concealer, but it does not work well with dry skin. I would apply it with a beauty blender over my foundation and it accentuated every little wrinkle I had under my eye. I did my girlfriends makeup the other day and she has normal skin and I thought surely it wouldn't crease on her undereyes, but it did:( I do like this concealer as a eye lid primer and it works well for that, but for under eyes I personally would not recommend it. Another thing I hated was the fact that the container is glass. I accidentally dropped it from my counter and it shattered leaving glass and concealer everywhere. Yes, I shouldn't have dropped it, but is it really necessary to be made of glass?? I mean come on?? lol

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by fluffmonsta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this on a whim at an airport duty free while waiting for my flight. I have been using studiofinish for 1.5 years and thought I'd give the prolongwear a go. on me, the prolongwear is more blendable, due to it's liquid consistency, and it covered my redness, open pores, acne scars, and occasional pimple quite well. I set this with studiofix powder foundation. on my oily/combo skin, the coverage lasts all day. im happy with it!

I don't have terrible dark circles so I use a little of this under my eyes and it covers nicely without creasing. overall, I prefer this to studiofinish (maybe it was just mine, but I found the studiofinish hard/stiff! I had to waste time/product "melting" some on the back of my hand to make it more blendable. I even tried blasting it with a hair dryer!)

I also found it hard to control the pump so i removed a lippy for my rating. as some reviewers said, a full pump is literally enough to cover your whole face (like a foundation!). I usually aim for a half-pump and if any excess comes out, I leave it in a small sample jar/pot and use it the next time im applying my makeup. aside from the pump thing, I think it is an excellent concealer for many. just ask for a trial jar from your local MAC if you're a little hesitant. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by erely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

DO NOT BUY IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN. I wanted something for my eye area, I thought of this liquid concealer because it was the obvious solution for my dry eyes, well was I wrong! This creases like h e l l, also this has no yellow undertones like say, the studio fix concealer, so it's not even my shade, ha ha ha. Leaving these things aside.. what's up with the pump?? I mean you can never have a little dab of concealer because the pump will give you all the product you need to cover your whole face (literally).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by ruffee10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff works wonders underneath my eyes. I'm super pale and have dark undereye cirlces despite using countless treatments to counteract the downright purple underneath my eyes. The concealer stays all day, which cannot be said for my previous concealer, which was also far too dry for me. I wish the Mac product concealed my blemishes a bit better and it would be superb if it came a bit lighter because I always wear whatever the palest foundation is and for most brands it's still not pale enough. I would say the biggest downfall is the pump spits out far more than I need and I have wasted product. My MAC saleswoman was helpful and gave me a trial pot and suggested I put it all in there and then I can take what I need with my brush. Overall, I'm happy with it and will continue to purchase it.