November 23, 2014 | 1245 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was apprehensive to try this product because of the hype, but it is totally worth it!

I use the shade NC15. Usually I am NW15, but that was too dark. I apply the product with my fingers and blend out with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. It blends the best that way!

Like everyone else, I hate the pump. So much product comes out! However, if I have any extra redness, I find that this concealer covers it perfectly and I'll go and use the extra product for that. However, for concealing just the eyes, the pump dispenses too much product.

It really doesn't settle into lines like other concealers do. It settles a bit, but I can only notice it close in a mirror. From talking distance, I cannot notice that it settled. It doesn't look cakey or like a mess by the end of the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Adrianna281

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yeah, I don't think I'd buy this product again. It's so-so for covering dark circles. It creases but not as much as the BB concealer and corrector. It dries fast so better work fast too. It cakes, A LOT. Doesn't really cover my blemishes tho' which sucks. And if I do try to cover it, it will just cake up. Packaging is a big NO, it dispenses way too much product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 6:54:00 AM More reviews by jessicaelias

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

You won't regret buying this, it's perfect in every way. In terms of coverage it beats everything I ever tried. I use it to cover undereye circles(they're baaaad) as well as my acne and extreme acne scars. It's suuuuuper long lasting and it DOES NOT CREASE(!!!) This has been a staple in my makeup bag for the last 3 years and will most likely continue to be so for the next upcoming years.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by JessicaRabbitVB

Best concealer I've used by far! Gives me that nice bright eye and blends out perfectly! Though the way it dispenses drives me nuts I can't live without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by ppd146

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skin: acne-prone, sensitive, NC30. I didn't realise its power until recently when I have really bad acne due to stress and hormone. Just a very small amount and it can cover and blend into my skin really well without making my face cakey or anything. I can even go out without foundation and still look good. It is also not expensive, because the whole bottle can be used for a year. The only thing I dont like is the pump. It took me few times to get used to it so I dont press too much and waste the product. Yes I will but it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Jeimarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Already got my second bottle, really happy with this product! I use it together with the prolong foundation in nc42 and I've had no problems with it. It does it's job.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by IridessaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG under eye concealer!
I used to use Eve Pearl Salmon concealer, but since I find the consistency to have changed a lot, I was in the search for a new one. And after watching all YouTube gurus use it, I decided to give it a try. And fell in love!!
I have severe under eye circles, so I always need to use 2 concealers, one on the orange-peach side to counteract the darkness and one for highlighting. This usually results in lines on the under eye area after hours of work, until this..
This stuff is seriously amazing, it does not move, it does not crease and highlights the under eye like no other! I use shade NW25, I find that NW shades work best for under the eye (I'm NC43 in Mac Studio Fix powder for reference).
Finally, even after many hours, my dark circles are still covered and my under eye area looks like I've just applied makeup!
P.S. This also works great as an eyeshadow base as well!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by stillsarahc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this stuff is really good. steady, solid, controllable, long wearing, non creasing (I'm really oily so this is quite a big thing). id been on a hunt for a concealer for a really long time, especially since I'd started having problems sleeping. it really is unlike any other concealer I've ever used. I'm really really pleased with the results. PROS : conceals even the darkest of undereyes, withstands CRAZY SINGAPORE HEAT, easy to blend but you have to work fast, decently priced. you don't have to worry about it looking all fake and cakey if you do take caution on the amount you dispense and apply. I never ever pump fully as a full pump is Way to much. a tiny tiny dollop is more than enough to decently conceal my panda eyes. CONS: packaging! while the glass packaging is kinda nice and classy, it would be much better if it came in a plastic bottle. at the moment I do not really have a proper make up station, everything is just stashed in a huge make up bag. I do worry about the bottle breaking so I store the concealer in the box package that it came with. PUMP dispenser has to go. yes it's really hygienic, but a full pump dispenses way too much product. doe foot applicator would be nice but it really isn't that sanitary. so pump has to go or has to be improved! PRICE ! this cost me 31 Singapore dollars which I feel is really quite reasonable, as make up in singapore is really expensive! sometimes drug store make up can cost almost as much as sephora brand make up! plus the quantity you're getting for 31 SGD is quite good to! if I'm not wrong it's 9ml's, which makes it 3.40 Sgd per ml. for something that gets the job done without over doing it and lasting the whole day In humid and tropical climate, I say this is def a product to go for!!! for ref, I'm in nw35, which surprised me cos i am quite olive toned, but the SA told me that a peach toned concealer would correct the darkness, and boy am I glad I listened !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a really good concealer for dark circles. I don't, however, use a shade that is lighter than my skin tone like most people, because I feel that it looks too obvious that way. It does a really good job at covering darkness and doesn't really feel thick or cakey surprisingly. It can however look a little drying sometimes, but most concealer looks that way on me anyway. This concealer also does not crease much at all on me. The packaging I do not like, because the glass bottle makes me scared to bring it places with me in case it breaks, and the pump is horrible because it always pumps out way too much product (with this concealer a little goes a LONG way).

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by mandyomnom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skin: Oily-combination (My forehead is dry in the morning and then its oily as the day goes on.)
Colour: NC 35

Overview: This concealer is great for an everyday concealer, as it is light and has very good coverage.

Packaging: There is a discussion going on about how the pump makes it very hard to get the product out. I also had this issue too. When I first squeezed it, I was surprised that I had to squeeze quite hard to get the product out, only to find out that when I finally got some out, that it was not "some". I fixed this issue by normally positioning my hand on the pump, but I moved my thumb up to the edge of the pump. This makes your thumb resist how hard you press on the pump. With this method, I can squeeze out a tiny dot.

Scent: There is no scent to this concealer (which is a plus for sensitive skins)

Texture: The texture is like a liquid, but a little thicker as it does not tend to be runny if I apply it to my hand and tilt it.

Coverage: I would say this is medium to full coverage; medium with one layer, and full if you build on it. It covers acne scars well, but on spots where there are scabs, it is accentuated after a few hours. This is why I recommend to not cover up those spots until it is fully healed, but if you feel insecure with the small scab, by all means, cover it up and do whatever floats your boat :)

On skin: I do recommend letting your moisturizer absorb into your skin first (Tip: Pat the moisturizer into your skin vs rubbing it in) or else it will just "sit" on your skin, making it obvious you have product on your skin. Another thing is, you need to work it into your skin within 2 minutes, because it tends to set fairly quickly into a harder to move cream. This concealer does tend to accentuate dry spots for me, so I recommend putting another layer of a lighter moisturizer on the dry spots prior to applying on the skin. Also, if you have pretty oily skin, use a setting powder. Dry skins tend to be fine without it because it does set pretty fast into a harder to move cream (as I said before)

Lasting time: This concealer tends to look best within 4-5 hours. After that, small specks on my skin (small blackheads) seem to be "accented" and looks bigger than usual. This was when I did not blot my face with blotting paper or tissue paper. When I did blot throughout the day, I found it lasted longer, and did not look as bad as when I did not blot. I found that the tissue that I blotted with had some colour from my concealer transferred onto it. I only have my oily skin to blame (sadly) but surprisingly, the coverage did not seem to change very much; it was still a good medium coverage, but looked a little bit more sheen (if that makes sense).

Additional: This product did not break me out so it's good for all my acne prone skin friends out there :D

Thank you for reading my review! I hope you found it helpful in some ways and please tell me if I need to add anything to make my reviews better :) Have a nice day!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No