July 22, 2014 | 2060 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by nicolebaldez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I so badly wanted this to work. I have very oily skin and this did not control my oil at all! the spray was very uneven - always got a fine mist with big drops in it. i've tried this both under makeup, over makeup, and both. over/under it did nothing but when i did both.. it creates this dry film that looks bad. it would dry up around my cheeks (which are also oily - i do not have combo skin) and then the oil would go right through in the t-zone. i would much prefer to be oily and have my makeup wear evenly than to have an odd texture in addition to an oily t-zone. i had heard such great things and i was so disappointed :( i may try the all-nighter spray and see if i have better results

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by koinie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

So I bought this for my t zone since it likes to get rid of my makeup half way through the day. Did it work? Kind of. There was a slight improvement from normal, but not enough to justify the 30 dollar price tag.

I took one lippy off for price, and two for not really doing much.

The packaging looks good, but the spray nozzle liked to spray slightly upward and it was awkward to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This keeps my oily t zone at bay all day long. I spray this on before and after I apply my makeup. This helps keep my makeup last all day too. I will repurchase the full size when I run out of my smaller size.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a nice product I grabbed it on my way out from Sephora one day because though I am oily I practice good skincare so I use these more as insurance or to hold my makeup I just like that it could control oil if I get oily. I find for me I spray it twice only if i don't want my makeup to budge ie, going out with friends. I spray once I put my bb cream on and then after my blusher and eye makeup. It holds it all day and I need that because my eyes love to tear so this is a savior to my eye makeup! I won't use this everyday but I will use it enough where repurchasing could be a possibility but I have to compare this to my all nighter which really holds well for me.

This is a decent product and if you have a good skin care routine going this should be the extra insurance you need.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by sreyes21

I really like this stuff. I grabbed the travel size one on my way to the checkout at Ulta to try out. This really helps set my face makeup and increases the staying power. It also helps control my oils.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Holy over priced!!! $30 for a full sized bottle and $12 for travel sized. Didnt control my oil for 16 hours like it claimed- but kept my makeup in place. I found NYX mattifying setting spray is a cheaper version and will stick with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product. It helps my makeup stay in place all day but I think it is a little overpriced.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by laurenheartsmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only had this for a few days but I put it to the true test today with my 1:30-10:00 shift. When I got home my makeup was still intact and most importantly, NO OIL! There was a slight dewiness and I actual looked normal. I was very impressed! When I applied it I used this as my primer. I spray about 2-3 times before applying makeup and then another 2-3 when I finish applying my face makeup. Once it dries I go over my face with MUFE HD powder and it sets perfectly.

Although it is expensive this definitely works and I will repurchase when I am out. I think they redesigned the bottle and it is very sleek packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by koralam

I have very very oily skin, as i think anyone who bought this or is thinking about buying this product has. I purchased a mini bottle first and ended up going back for the XL bottle. The mini was $15 for 15ml and the large $30 for 177ml. Honestly the mini was such a rip off, it only lasted me 3 weeks. If you do buy the mini and like me cant resist going back to get the bigger size, save the mini bottle for traveling or to keep in your purse and you can refill it.
I also have some advice about the applying this. I followed the instructions on the bottle the first time and it actually did nothing for me, i was oily an hour later. The next time i tried spraying it on a powder brush and then sweeping it all over my face, concentrating on my t-zone and it worked great! I mean its not a complete miracle, but i do recommend it. I did still have to blot my face a couple times during the day but i was a lot less oily and my makeup stayed put as well. I think people who buy this want it to completely get rid of any oil on their face but if they wanted that they should just rub a deodorant stick all over their face! ..jk dont do that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by PowerFemme

I've had success with this product, despite its mixed reviews. My skin is combination with a very oil prone T-zone, and I got tired of blotting with powder multiple times a day and having my makeup slide off in the heat. I mist this product on before and after I apply all of my makeup (apply your mascara after so you don't get raccoon eyes!), and I am left with a nice satin finish. This also eliminates the powdery look of your makeup. For me, I have to touch up with powder only once or twice throughout the day on my T-zone when using this product. It doesn't keep me totally matte, but I prefer to have a more natural finish anyway. While this has never broken me out, it is pretty heavy duty so I only use it when the circumstance call for it (a hot day, special event, etc). For me, the scent isn't unpleasant and doesn't make me feel like I'm wearing a mask. It's no miracle product, but for those with oily skin like me this might make your makeup hold up better and lengthen the time before your first blot.