Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C(alcohol denat), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.

This stuff is pure witchcraft.

I have never had my blush stay put all day until I tried this product. I don't have terribly oily skin on its own, but I do wear a good amount of face products under my foundation that tend to get oily. (Namely, sunscreen and Armani luminous silk foundation which is not known for its staying power). My blush would wear off and my foundation would slip from my nose, chin, and forehead. Until I found this!

At the end of the day: My eye makeup does not budge. My blush is still on my cheeks. My face isn't oily, but it's also not too matte. I feel like I have a dewy look to my skin, which is what I'm going for.

My routine: I use MUFE HD primer in pink, Armani luminous silk foundation, primer potion under my eye shadow, and a couple different Nars blushes layered together. Once I'm done with my makeup, I make sure to mist my face with this setting spray, concentrating on my eyes and my cheeks.

Some cons: The smell sometimes gets to me. It fades right away, but for a minute you're stuck in a mist of fragrance like hairspray. The spray also feels a little heavy at first - it reminds me of when I used to wear heavier face products with fuller coverage. It's not something that bothers me, but it is something to note.

**I bought the travel size. Will be repurchasing the full sized product once I run out.

on 12/31/2013 10:08:00 AM

I purchased this product on an impulse while waiting in line at my local Ulta. It was the sample bottle. I tend to have an oily t-zone, and this product does a decent job at keeping me oil free for a few hours. I love this product more for the fact that it keeps my makeup from budging all day. I actually used this on my friends makeup for her summer engagement party and let me tell you! Her face was flawless all day even through the scorching heat. I would definitely repurchase this

on 12/27/2013 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and lately after buying this product I can not live without it !! I use it everyday and it helps alot with my oil control (: sure I might have to blot maybe a little here and there were once in awhile but now I'm a little more confident about having not to worry about bloting my face every five seconds !!

on 12/19/2013 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is amaazzzing - my only regret is waiting so long to purchase. I have combo skin and blot a couple times throughout the day. I was using MAC's Fix+ which doesn't even TOUCH this stuff. De-Slick works throughout the day, keeps my skin matte, and keeps my makeup in place all day long. No blotting needed, refreshes skin when sprayed, a great primer as well before applying makeup and great for setting makeup once applied. LOVE this stuff - will continue to purchase over and over again.

on 12/19/2013 2:17:00 AM

this stuff is de-shit!! seriously. I used to use MAC's Fix+ but after a few hours my face would become really oily and I would need to blot about twice a day. since it claims to have oil control I decided to give it a try and im so happy I did! i have to say this is by far my favorite setting spray ever! I have found my new bff! the way I use: when im done with my entire make up I spray about 4 times. I wait for it to dry then I go over my t zone with a little bit of translucent powder and this usually does the trick! hope this review is helpful.

on 12/18/2013 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am so confused. Maybe I am not using it properly, but for me, it does not work.

I am not looking for ultra matte, but semi-matte until lunchtime at least would be nice. I have oily skin and tried using before and after foundation; leaving it to dry for at least 10 minutes before applying anything else; with powder and no powder and nada.

So I guess it's not for me. Price-wise, I got this on offer from Debenhams (UK), so not too bad, but really, for nearly £20 - I would expect more.

on 12/16/2013 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This setting spray is fabulous, my skin is excessively oily and this stuff does a great job keeping my skin. Doesn't last all day but as I said I am excessively oily ! Since I've been using this I've been needing way fewer touch ups throughout the day/night. One bottle lasted me almost a year and that is with daily use. Overall very impressed.

on 12/6/2013 10:51:00 PM

Been using it for years, helps my makeup stay put. Would recommend !

on 11/18/2013 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for well over two years and I am hooked on it. I've used it with everything, tinted moisturizer, bb's, full coverage foundation and mineral foundation and I can say that it definitely extends the life of my makeup. I can work an 8 hour day without having to touch up or feeling the need to powder.

I have really oily skin and I use it every single day. I can completely tell a difference when I forget to use it to set my makeup. I think the key is NOT using it sparingly. I make sure my whole face gets a good spray.

on 11/5/2013 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Not really a fan of this setting spray
I have oily skin and it didn't really work for me. My makeup looked blotchy and crazy after maybe 4 hours.. I won't be repurchasing this item.

Video Reviews & Tutorials