August 30, 2014 | 1805 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by elmiwalk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this before and after makeup as suggested, and while it looked good for the first hour or so, it made me look super cakey later in the day. Didn't help oil control at all. Will not repurchase, and will continue to lightly blot my face with toilet paper when I visit the bathroom, that gives me much better results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff my skin is super oily and this helps my makeup last so much longer... It feels so refreshing too, when I touch up during the day. I am also really acne prone and this does nothing to aggravate that. A great product and plan to always buy it! I gave it 5 lippies because any product that keep my skin shine free for a while deserves it!! Lol

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by kjr20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really not impressed with this product. I think it may have helped my foundation last a bit longer, but it made an absolute mess of my eye makeup! No matter what eyeliner I used, within a couple of hours it would be goopy, sticky and transferring to my eyelids. Even my Stila liquid liner, which normally does not budge, was a mess. Maybe it works for powder products and foundations...I don't know. I'll try to use it on the occasional days that I don't use any eye makeup; but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a makeup setting spray, doesn't it?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by jendreamy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have a huge love-hate relationship with this product! i absolutely love the actual stuff; it makes my makeup last noticeably longer and natural looking, kind of refreshes my skin after i put makeup on, and makes my face less mud-slide-y when i wear liquid foundation.

however, i have some qualms about this spray. it doesn't really keep my oil at bay because i still get shiny towards the night, even though it doesn't make my foundation slide around (does that make sense?) another problem is that it's so expensive for how quickly it gets used up, and i feel very hesitant to pay the price for the amount of ounces you get. maybe it's because i like to spray it twice, once before makeup and once after, but it still gets used surprisingly quickly.

another thing i have to mention is how weirdly uneven the spray seems to be. i have to use several sprays sometimes to coat my face evenly, but sometimes, it sprays really nicely and one or two spritzes is all i need.

even though i've already purchased several bottles of all nighter and de-slick, i think i won't be investing in this product any more, and i'll be looking for an alternative. however, i still think this was a nice buy and could work really well for others, but it's just not a right fit for me! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As an extremely oily-skinned girl, I don't want to imagine what my day would be like without this. This definitely extends the life of my foundation whichever one that may be. Here and there you cake on too much and de-slick is there to rescue you back to looking like it's your real skin. I don't have much time at work to retouch my makeup and to make sure everything looks perfect so this has been quite the life saver. I'm probably on my 4th bottle now and I don't think I'll stop purchasing unless they come out with some miracle foundation. I sometimes apply this on my face pre-makeup with a brush or after everything has been applied, I find that it works both ways.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by jasminetx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Much better than MAC Fix + in terms of oil control. However I find this overpriced and does not last a long time. will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by mryan1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW I love this setting spray! This is my first spray- I'm used to using powders but this stuff is great for me! Being the middle of summer, I'm definitely a little more oily than normal and this I believe does help- but it literally keeps my makeup on all day! I got stuck in the rain for about 45 minutes to an hour.. I know right. When I got back in the car my makeup literally had not even budged one bit!!! And this was me spraying before and forgetting after finishing my makeup. I have the travel size and definitely plan on buying the full size!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by jade3399

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on my way out of Ulta and actually went back to purchase the full size. This sets your makeup really nice and matte. You stay matte all day. I live in a very humid environment, South Florida. It kept my makeup beautiful all day. I have tried many products for oil control and this one has passed the humidity and hot climate.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by nicolebaldez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I so badly wanted this to work. I have very oily skin and this did not control my oil at all! the spray was very uneven - always got a fine mist with big drops in it. i've tried this both under makeup, over makeup, and both. over/under it did nothing but when i did both.. it creates this dry film that looks bad. it would dry up around my cheeks (which are also oily - i do not have combo skin) and then the oil would go right through in the t-zone. i would much prefer to be oily and have my makeup wear evenly than to have an odd texture in addition to an oily t-zone. i had heard such great things and i was so disappointed :( i may try the all-nighter spray and see if i have better results

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by koinie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

So I bought this for my t zone since it likes to get rid of my makeup half way through the day. Did it work? Kind of. There was a slight improvement from normal, but not enough to justify the 30 dollar price tag.

I took one lippy off for price, and two for not really doing much.

The packaging looks good, but the spray nozzle liked to spray slightly upward and it was awkward to use.