Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C(alcohol denat), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have only been using this for 4 days but i have already noticed a great change in the staying power of my makeup through out the day!
I know this is the oil control one it has helped a little bit with the oil because usually my makeup will slide right off but with this no matter how much hard lifting i do to break a sweat my makeup still looks nice!

I have noticed that with my drugstore cheap foundations this will help my makeup stay on all day even though it isnt perfect (usually with in 4-5 hrs my makeup has worn off)

My High end foundations look perfect and stay in place all day with this (usually lasting 6-8 hrs)

on 1/24/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I usually really love Urban Decay products - especially their eye shadow primers. I got this setting spray after it was recommended to me by one of the girls on the Urban Decay counter - I have very oily skin so my make up has usually slid off my face by lunchtime. She told me to apply it before and after applying make up.

It doesn't matter how I try and apply this - my skin feels oilier than ever. If anything, my make up seems to stay on less time than without it.

I'm disappointed as it cost quite a lot and I expected more from it after using other urban decay products. I wouldn't buy this again.

on 1/21/2014 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this stuff sucks. waste of money, i bought the travel size, used it as directed on the box, and was a greaseball 2 hours later. the new nyx blotting powder does a better job for less than half the price. i will be returning this and getting my money back.

on 1/20/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

You know im kinda torn on this stuff to be honest. I have horrible oily skin, which after about two hours of applying makeup the oil will show through. So I saw this and thought why not give it a try. I like the way its semi cooling and feels nice to spray on the face but my oil still came through in about three hours. Maybe I have a weird face that insists on always being oily no matter what. I tried the all nighter one which seemed to work better on keeping my makeup in place throughout the day. I hope this product works way better for you guys then it did for me!

on 1/20/2014 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Is that a choir of angels I hear singing? Have my prayers been answered? Yes. Yes. Yes!

My skin is oily - and I mean OILY. I swear to you I've tried everything. Veils, primers, matte foundation, blotting tissues, ect. But 2 hrs into my day I'm a lost cause. Even touch ups only last a short time before my face is pumping out the oil once again. It's the most frustrating thing I face when I apply make up (no pun intended, hahahaha)

This is my HG! I purchased this at Ulta for I believe $29. After hearing my woes, the manager sent me straight to this spray. It's a large bottle, which is nice. I was surprised actually at the amount and expect it to last awhile. I apply one "X" spritz after moisturizing right before it's about to dry then let the spray dry completely. I then apply my make up per usual and spritz another "X" then "T" formation the way the bottle says. I was worried at first it'd run my make up, but alas it did not.

This stuff seriously keeps me matte for hours and hours. I may get a little dewy by my nose and a bit on my chin but nothing, NOTHING compared to my other failed attempts. I'm so mad at myself for not picking this up sooner and wasting so much money on other junk products.

It also keeps my makeup looking fresh and helps with "cake face". Seriously a must have.

on 1/14/2014 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Skintype - oily and dehydrated. Blotting was a terrible solution as it stripped my makeup off, leaving it looking patchy, and I hated powdering since it made me look old and cakey. I adore a dewey, glowy finish but as we all know it just doesn't last on oily skin - I blame it on my Asian genetics.

HOWEVER. Here, folks, is the solution to the above. My process is to moisturize, spritz five or six sprays of this miracle in a bottle on a clean face, let dry, apply foundation/concealer/assorted powder products, spritz again for a moisturizing effect and to lock it all in place. So not only is it a great primer, it keeps you matte without looking TOO matte?!? LOVE.

I have worked 8 hour shifts and my makeup remains dewy, still intact - perhaps a tad oilier, but that is to be expected. My face stays matte and flawless for over 6 hours - and as I work in a hot oven kitchen for 5 to 8 hour shifts, that is no joke.

For the record I have used Ben Nye's Final Seal and UD's All Nighter before. Final Seal was fantastic for hard core long lasting properties but it didn't make my skin dewy or look any better; UD's All Nighter just didn't have the same oil control as this one.

At $19 for a 2 oz bottle that says what it does on the bottle and more, I will be repurchasing fo sho.

This stuff is pure witchcraft.

I have never had my blush stay put all day until I tried this product. I don't have terribly oily skin on its own, but I do wear a good amount of face products under my foundation that tend to get oily. (Namely, sunscreen and Armani luminous silk foundation which is not known for its staying power). My blush would wear off and my foundation would slip from my nose, chin, and forehead. Until I found this!

At the end of the day: My eye makeup does not budge. My blush is still on my cheeks. My face isn't oily, but it's also not too matte. I feel like I have a dewy look to my skin, which is what I'm going for.

My routine: I use MUFE HD primer in pink, Armani luminous silk foundation, primer potion under my eye shadow, and a couple different Nars blushes layered together. Once I'm done with my makeup, I make sure to mist my face with this setting spray, concentrating on my eyes and my cheeks.

Some cons: The smell sometimes gets to me. It fades right away, but for a minute you're stuck in a mist of fragrance like hairspray. The spray also feels a little heavy at first - it reminds me of when I used to wear heavier face products with fuller coverage. It's not something that bothers me, but it is something to note.

**I bought the travel size. Will be repurchasing the full sized product once I run out.

on 12/31/2013 10:08:00 AM

I purchased this product on an impulse while waiting in line at my local Ulta. It was the sample bottle. I tend to have an oily t-zone, and this product does a decent job at keeping me oil free for a few hours. I love this product more for the fact that it keeps my makeup from budging all day. I actually used this on my friends makeup for her summer engagement party and let me tell you! Her face was flawless all day even through the scorching heat. I would definitely repurchase this

on 12/27/2013 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and lately after buying this product I can not live without it !! I use it everyday and it helps alot with my oil control (: sure I might have to blot maybe a little here and there were once in awhile but now I'm a little more confident about having not to worry about bloting my face every five seconds !!

on 12/19/2013 10:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is amaazzzing - my only regret is waiting so long to purchase. I have combo skin and blot a couple times throughout the day. I was using MAC's Fix+ which doesn't even TOUCH this stuff. De-Slick works throughout the day, keeps my skin matte, and keeps my makeup in place all day long. No blotting needed, refreshes skin when sprayed, a great primer as well before applying makeup and great for setting makeup once applied. LOVE this stuff - will continue to purchase over and over again.

Popular Primer/ Correctors