Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C(alcohol denat), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.

on 3/15/2014 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Okay I'm seeing a ton of bad reviews on this but I can't go a day without this setting spray. It is quite expensive but I opted for the bigger bottle since I figured it would obviously be the better value ( and I could always return if I found I didn't like it ). I personally do not use this alone for oil control, I spray my face at first, then I follow with LORAC's mattifying primer, let it set, then apply my foundation. I have found this to be my holy grail application regardless of what foundation I'm wearing that day. I have oily skin and I can even use this with "luminous" or dewy foundations and they look flawless all day with no touch ups. I love love love this product and will definitely be buying again, along with backups!

on 3/5/2014 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Nope...this didn't work for me at all. I was just as oily by midday as I would be if I didn't apply this. Very expensive and didn't do what it claims. Mario Badescu Rosewater and Herbal Facial Spray does much better and is way less expensive.

on 3/5/2014 8:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I tried several different different ways of spraying this on my face but it does not apply evenly as it is a pump action bottle, I think an aerosol would be better. I did not find that it helped with the shine or oil that my skin produces. I purchase the deslick powder and found that much better :)

on 2/11/2014 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hate the name and the pump. Product is ok, but I've found you really need to spray on a synthetic brush -- Sephora #50 powder-- and dab in oily prone areas. Afterwards I will go over with setting powder (despite directions) as it disturbs your makeup whether you spray or brush on. This will extend wear significantly except in high humidity & nothing can help that. BURNS undereyes, avoid!

on 2/11/2014 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I felt this product did nothing for me. When I applied the spray my face would still be oily after an hour or so.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have only been using this for 4 days but i have already noticed a great change in the staying power of my makeup through out the day!
I know this is the oil control one it has helped a little bit with the oil because usually my makeup will slide right off but with this no matter how much hard lifting i do to break a sweat my makeup still looks nice!

I have noticed that with my drugstore cheap foundations this will help my makeup stay on all day even though it isnt perfect (usually with in 4-5 hrs my makeup has worn off)

My High end foundations look perfect and stay in place all day with this (usually lasting 6-8 hrs)

on 1/24/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I usually really love Urban Decay products - especially their eye shadow primers. I got this setting spray after it was recommended to me by one of the girls on the Urban Decay counter - I have very oily skin so my make up has usually slid off my face by lunchtime. She told me to apply it before and after applying make up.

It doesn't matter how I try and apply this - my skin feels oilier than ever. If anything, my make up seems to stay on less time than without it.

I'm disappointed as it cost quite a lot and I expected more from it after using other urban decay products. I wouldn't buy this again.

on 1/21/2014 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this stuff sucks. waste of money, i bought the travel size, used it as directed on the box, and was a greaseball 2 hours later. the new nyx blotting powder does a better job for less than half the price. i will be returning this and getting my money back.

on 1/20/2014 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

You know im kinda torn on this stuff to be honest. I have horrible oily skin, which after about two hours of applying makeup the oil will show through. So I saw this and thought why not give it a try. I like the way its semi cooling and feels nice to spray on the face but my oil still came through in about three hours. Maybe I have a weird face that insists on always being oily no matter what. I tried the all nighter one which seemed to work better on keeping my makeup in place throughout the day. I hope this product works way better for you guys then it did for me!

on 1/20/2014 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Is that a choir of angels I hear singing? Have my prayers been answered? Yes. Yes. Yes!

My skin is oily - and I mean OILY. I swear to you I've tried everything. Veils, primers, matte foundation, blotting tissues, ect. But 2 hrs into my day I'm a lost cause. Even touch ups only last a short time before my face is pumping out the oil once again. It's the most frustrating thing I face when I apply make up (no pun intended, hahahaha)

This is my HG! I purchased this at Ulta for I believe $29. After hearing my woes, the manager sent me straight to this spray. It's a large bottle, which is nice. I was surprised actually at the amount and expect it to last awhile. I apply one "X" spritz after moisturizing right before it's about to dry then let the spray dry completely. I then apply my make up per usual and spritz another "X" then "T" formation the way the bottle says. I was worried at first it'd run my make up, but alas it did not.

This stuff seriously keeps me matte for hours and hours. I may get a little dewy by my nose and a bit on my chin but nothing, NOTHING compared to my other failed attempts. I'm so mad at myself for not picking this up sooner and wasting so much money on other junk products.

It also keeps my makeup looking fresh and helps with "cake face". Seriously a must have.

Popular Primer/ Correctors