April 18, 2014 | 1875 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by dinoRAWRSyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've gone through an entire XL bottle of this so I feel pretty comfortable writing a review now.

I had very oily skin that has recently transitioned to combo/oily, so my main concern is my nose & forehead for oil control. I've tried basically every method you can with this. Spray before & after makeup, spray just after makeup, spray just before makeup, spray before & after primer, spray before primer, spray after primer, spray face and buff with brush, spray brush and buff face, spray onto brush and pick up powder, before powder, after powder, no powder, spray on face and pat in with hands, spray on hands and pat into face, pat onto face, rub into face, let air-dry... if there's a "right way" to use this product, I'm pretty sure I've at least tried it that way by now.

And my final verdict? It's just okay. I found that spraying this on bare skin actually made me look shiny -- not dewy, shiny. I sprayed it on clean, bare skin, and when I went in with a blotting sheet after the spray dried it came away completely greasy. After a few hours, I got basically the same oil control that I would with my normal primer/concealer/powder routine. There may have been a *slight* reduction in oil, but as far as I could tell it was pretty negligible, and this stuff left my face feeling tight and kind of sticky at the same time. On that same note, I will point out that this stuff seems to flip-flop in what it does for my skin; most often it won't be very helpful, but every so often it seems as though it really does control oil.

I will give it props for the fact that when I took off my makeup at night, more came off than I was used to seeing, so this stuff does work well as a setting spray. My makeup did last longer and wear better than normal (even through work at a barbeque joint) when I used this spray. So as a makeup setting spray, pretty decent stuff. As an oil-control spray? I don't get the hype.

There is always the chance that I got an old bottle or something, but I just wouldn't recommend this to folks who are very oily skinned (and who this product is targeted towards). Normal-to-combo, better shot for you guys. Overall it's decent, but I'm still hunting for something better... might give UD's All Nighter spray a shot next time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by caitmarie

My favorite setting spray! My makeup stays in place and fresh through the whole work day and evening! I just wish it wasn't so expensive. It's worth it though!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by emilyhannelx3

If you don't like this product, you're not using it right! When I first purchased I was disappointed because I spritzed after my makeup was done and didn't see a big difference. What you must do is: wash your face, THEN spray (t-zone, then make an X) let it set for about 5-10 minutes and then apply your primer, makeup etc. then after makeup application, spray your face again. (T-zone, X) I have super oily skin and this stuff really works. It mattifies my face and my makeup stays in place all day long. Plus the new bottle design is awesome! I have already, and will be again repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Coronet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've used this 3 days in a row and it doesn't do a single thing. I still get the water droplet appearance of oil dewing up on my nose by mid-day just as I did prior to using this product. I tried various ways of appling this product: 1) 2-3 sprays after applying my moisturizer BEFORE makeup. 2) 2-3 sprays AFTER makeup application and, after having no luck with both those methods 3) 2-3 sprays BEFORE makeup application and 2-3 sprays afterward to set the makeup. I still get just as oily as before and look shiny after 3-4 hours and oil blotting papers prove it. Maybe this product would work for less-oily girls, but for oil production madhouses like me, this did nothing. Pretty disappointed for the $29 price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by janeming

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are many ways you can use this product. Here are the ways I've tried. You can spray it into your bare face before applying any makeup. You can spray it into your brush to buff/pat/swirl your foundation. You can spray it into your face once you finished doing your foundation routine and you can spray it into your face after applying your full makeup. I have OILY skin and trust me when I say oily. The best method that has worked for me has been spraying the product into my brush then buffing in my foundation. I have acne scars so i have to apply layers of foundation and after each layer i spray the product onto my brush not my face and apply the next layer and it helps it not look cakey (i use two layers). Especially when you have a thick foundation this helps a lot! It helps control my oil and helps my makeup stay and i don't even wear a primer! I also spray it after i finished doing all of my makeup. P.S. try using it different ways if It isn't working for you. For example if your only spraying it after u do your makeup try spraying it before or on your brush, or etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by kfields08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I took the advice of someone else on here because I didn't get any results from spraying it on top of my make up. I put it on my brush and apply it to my face. My face used to get really oily during the day and this product coupled with my mineral make up I rarely if ever have to pat my face during the day where as before I was constantly checking my make up. I love this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by steph42245

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I first tried this I was unimpressed with the results and a bit disappointed because I followed the directions on the box. So I started reading the reviews here and saw that some people were spraying it before and after makeup application. I tried that method the next day and was shocked. My skin usually gets oily an hour or two after I put my makeup on but with De-Slick it never got oily. At the end of the day it just looks like my skin has a natural finish, not overly matte or dewy. I don't need to blot during the day any more but this might change when summer rolls around. I've been using this for a few weeks now and I'm in love. I'm so glad UD came out with new packaging because even though the packaging doesn't affect the product the old packaging was preventing me from buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by lonegraywolf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This setting spray really works. I have very oily skin and this helps keep it less oily. I only mist my face once and it works great, even though the instructions say to mist 2 to 4 times. I've seen a lot of bad reviews for this saying it doesn't do enough and I think those people were expecting some kind of miracle. No, it's not going to make your face completely matte 24/7 but it does help keep the oil down. The only problem I've had so far was with the packaging on the travel size, which leaked like crazy unless it was completely upright. I think it was just a bad bottle though because neither the full size bottle or the travel size I have of All Nighter setting spray leak at all. Overall a great setting spray and I definitely recommend it. I have and will repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

I do like this setting spray. That being said I think there are better out there and it doesn't do everything it claims. For the price I want to be wow'ed but I am just not. It does set and keep my foundation on a little longer....it does make my matte powder/foundation have a little more glow. It does not control my oil any more than the products I was already doing. However, unlike the original it doesn't make me oilier. It is a nice setting spray the bottle has a good amount of product and the sprayer is really good for misting your face. I won't probably buy this again if I can find something better. I like it better than Fix+ though :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Avice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

No discernible effect at all on either controlling oil or making my makeup last longer on my face. I might as well have been spraying my face with tap water for all the good it did me.