July 23, 2014 | 1251 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by TaraMaria

Full coverage lasts completely all day for sightseeing, creek playing and a party at night. Must try won't irritate skin intentionally. Of course after a day so full and not washing it will probably breakout. Also must scrub off with oil GOOD, because this stuff really sticks.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonjewel

Pros: good coverage, smells nice, lasts all day. Cons: clinged to my dry patches, absolutely needs a beauty blender or sponge which is annoying for me to use

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by alizogub

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Other

i love this foundation, i have received many compliments and queries on what foundation i use. its relatively cheap, and does the job perfectly. it can be applied using your fingers or a brush, i do both depending how much coverage i want. This foundation has never felt heavy on my face, it stays on for a long period of time, and doesn't go patchy. the products i get are in a tube which i prefer than a bottle, due to the opening being upside down and the tube being squeezable, making it easier to use all the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Mysticrhythm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I so wanted this to work for me. I currently wear Estee Lauder Double Wear and I love it, so far it's my HG foundation, but as a stay-at-home mom I hate wearing an expensive foundation when just running errands around town or taking my daughter to the park, not if something halfway decent can be had on the cheap. I decided to give this foundation a whirl after reading the many good reviews here. Here's my take on it:

Packaging - Small plastic squeeze tube. A lot of other ladies complain about it being messy, runny and difficult to control the amount of product that came out of the tube. Maybe I was lucky but I didn't have this issue the one time I applied it. I took just a little care and managed to get out only as much as I needed.

Application: Easy enough, though a little harder to blend than ELDW. I stippled it on with a dedicated stippling brush, as I do with all foundations...I find it always gives me a smoother more even finish.

Smell: Too perfumey! Normally I can deal with this but the smell stuck around for like an hour after application and got quite irritating.

Color: I got 102 Warm Ivory which was a fairly good match for my skin. I'm still somewhat tanned from my summertime at the pool so the fact the second to palest color in the line fit me is ludicrous. Definitely not enough selection...my very pale sister was SOL getting a light enough choice from this line. Strange, considering Rimmel is a British brand and let me tell you, they are some pale people lol.

Finish: Immediately after application moisturized skin I noticed that the finish was not as flattering to my skin as ELDW. It seemed to accentuate the drier spots on my cheeks, my oily t-zone was more apparent than usual, and it didn't even out the texture of my skin. It made my smile creases evident right away, though I always apply foundation very sparingly in this area. It's definitely not as full a coverage as ELDW either. For its price I could have overlooked all this for a casual foundation, however, within 2.5 hours my t-zone was an unsightly, separated mess. It also didn't want to play nice with the two tiny spots of concealer I'd used to cover two red areas from a recently healed hormonal breakout, as it looked like the concealer had disappeared altogether.

This was a no-go for me - I immediately returned it. The search continues....

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

Love it and hate it reason why is it looks good but its not as long lasting as i thought

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by otoesanchico

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a super hard time finding a foundation that will work when I need it. I bought this after all the reviews on mua and YouTube and am SO disappointed! The color (100) was NOT ivory, although I can make it passable with other products. It goes on pretty decent with my fingers, but is almost oily without setting powder. Even with powder, it doesn't last more than 2 hours without touchups. Then it takes 2 washes to get it off! Had it on 5 hours again today and I feel like I have crisco on my face. sorry ya'll but I just don't get the good reviews!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Cat82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This foundation is just brilliant!!!! Literally doesn't budge but also doesn't look thick or cakey!! Absolutely love it!! I use the number 100 for natural day time look and when I've no tan on, and number 200 for night time or to blend in when I have tan on!! Amazing stuff!! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2013 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Lalipop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Oh dear, why do make up companies have the nerve to always change their formula's when it was already wonderful to start out with. I remember the good old days when this came in a tiny tube but wow it was amazing then. Outwitted my expensive MAC and Estee Lauder foundation. Now however they changed the bottle, formula and entire color shade spectrum. The first I purchased the new formula I was totes optimistic, thinking it would be the same awesome foundation just in a new bottle version which I was thrilled about. However when I put the ivory shade on my face I knew.... I just knew that I have been so wrong. My face was a awful AWFUL pale white. I've never seen my face that white before despite it having the exact shade name that I used before, when they still had the old formula. I was disgusted but had to stick it out because I'm too poor to just go running off to buy a new foundation. For weeks I had to endure my pale face. The consistency of the new formula was also a much thicker, harder to work with mess. I can't use my fingers to apply this AT ALL. I need a sponge. Lasting power was wonderful however, but it like I said, my face was a pale white shade and that couldn't be fixed by applying it right.

I recently got money again and decided to try this just one more time in their sand beige color. What could go wrong?! I mean, sand beige is usually my color anyway and perhaps my face would look better with the right shade and the thick consistency wouldn't be such a big deal anymore. BIG MISTAKES. My face was dark, orange and HIDEOUS looking after application. This color was waaaay too dark! I was so upset. I felt let down. Sand beige has NEVER looked too dark on my skin, regardless of the brand. It always seemed to match well. I was so disappointed. My favorite foundation has officially gone RIP cause they seemed to have changed the color range and now it's so messed up. I highly doubt that mixing the two colors would fix the problem since the one is way too dark and the other way too light. I would probably end up looking even worse (if that's possible) with the two mixed. So sad cause this was the ultimate HG foundation for me. Oh well... now to try and find something else :(

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

I have two tubes of this foundation! It's great! It lasts all day in heat, humidity, this is my go to along with revlon color stay for a long wearing foundation. However I wish it did offer more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am on my second tube of this and the first has lasted me for a long time. It gives a medium to full coverage and I love the fact it's a squeeze tube instead of those pumpless, glass jar foundations you find so often in the drugstore. It is super affordable and I would prefer this over the Revlon Colorstay.

Like most of Rimmel foundations, it has a really nice scent that I enjoy. It's more affordable than some other drugstore foundations (Revlon Colorstay is $21 here in Canada and the Rimmel one costs $8.99. Think I got it on sale for $5.99 or $6.99). It is very easy to blend in to the skin and it literally lasts all freaking day. The longest I had it on for, sad to say, was almost 12 hours and it looked the same as when I applied it earlier that day. It isn't exactly a mattifying foundation so I use a powder after I apply it and I don't need to blot until the 5th or 6th hour.

Overall, it's one of my favourite foundations and I would definitely continue re-purchasing.