October 20, 2014 | 979 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the old Hydra-Fresh moisturizer for normal/oily skin of about ten years ago. L'Oreal who owns Garnier is famous for bringing back old products and changing the packaging and name to see whether it sells in its new form. This is a very light, oil-free product that really feels refreshing on skin. Love the scent, the feel and the way it makes my skin look so dewy after application. Good for you L'Oreal/Garnier, another great reincarnation that you never should have discontinued in the first place.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Rebekah85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a product junkie and like to try new things. I have never found a face lotion that I liked so much I stuck with it. I just purchased my second jar of this cream. I love it. It sinks into my combo/oily skin with no sticky or tacky feeling. It has not caused me any breakouts, it sits well under my primer and foundation and I really have no complaints. It smells great, lasts a long time, a little goes a long way. I have not tried it in summer months, so not sure how it would work with oily skin when it's hot out. I do dislike the pink version specifically for dry skin. I have found in the few times that I've used it that it is noticeably different. It leaves a tacky feeling, doesn't feel like it ever completely soaks into the skin like the green one does. It is horrible under my make up so I just use it at night sometimes when my skin is really dry. I recommend the green one for every day light wear. Would buy again and suggest to friends. It's also fairly priced at just under $7.

Update -- After using this product for several months, I came to the conclusion that it really wasn't doing much for my skin. Nothing negative about it, but nothing great either. I did not see a real difference in radiance while using this combined with Garneirs face wash for dull skin. Eventually I had more breakouts and just felt like these products were not helping me out any. I switched to Olays Regenerist line and am in love!! Find my reviews on the Regenerating Cream Cleanser, Eye Lift Serum and the Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by brooke2010

Not too bad, Garnier! This is a good moisturizer for my oily skin. It smells good, helps control shine, and makes me skin feel hydrated. I would recommend it since it's very affordable!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Rahkayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this gel cream! My skin gets super dry on my cheeks during the harsh winter months! I like how it quickly my skin absorbs the product, and it really feels and smells so refreshing! I love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by jabonsu76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased the dry skin formula and was not impressed. The formula feels similar to a primer, nothing like a moisturizer.... left my skin feeling tight.It may work for people with oily skin but not for dry skin people like myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by LenneSammy

I love this moisturizer! it moisturizes my oily combo skin enough to prevent dry patches and it doesnt make me oily. i use it under my foundations and provides a great canvas to start with. it hasnt broken me out and i love the lightweight, gel texture. im really looking forward to using this in the hot summer cause i know it will be great!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by mmfoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used another moisturizer for almost 10 years, but had a bad reaction to the dryness and cold of Colorado and had some really dry skin that my old moisturizer just wasn't taking care of. Barring trying a really expensive moisturizer, I opted for this and WOW, I am impressed! I have now completely switched over to it.

The gel goes on easily and absorbs quickly, so you don't have to keep working it in forever to get it to sink in. It also leaves your face feeling really refreshed and clean. It also seems to equally moisturize all different parts of my face, including my nose, cheeks, chin, and even under the eyes.

For the price, I am very impressed! This has become a part of my daily routine, and I will not be going back to my old Neutrogena moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Excellent product, the closes to my HG ideal so far. It absorbs ultra-fast and leaves a moisture barrier on skin without leaving any residues! Moisturizing ability is good even during winter -20C, although on dry skin you'll need another moisturizer to cover up. Another big bonus for me is the alcohol ingredient in there which helps with acne prone skin. The smell is fresh but it does also smell of alcohol once you stick a finger into it.

This product does not help with oil-control, meanwhile, it doesn't block pores at all. The oily part of my face can still becomes oily but the oil penetrates effortlessly through the moisture barrier and is easily removed by blotting.

Now I want to whine about the price. I bought a jar in Boston for $7 and it's imported from Montreal. Then, in Montreal it costs up to $13 (or $15 after tax)... what's with that?

update Apr 2013: this worked for me in winter but not in spring, odd. Now it dries out my skin and encourages breakouts so I've switched over to a very thick Cliniderm cream instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by cynthiaann95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product, I use this now twice a day instead of an ordinary lotion. It has the most refreshing scent and it cools your face when your blending it in. It drys within seconds and a little bit goes a long way so I know my little jar is going to last me a while. It doesn't make my face feel greasy afterwards like other products I've used and I haven't noticed any bad reactions with my skin so I give this product a 10/10 !
I hope they never discontinue (:

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination/oily skin with occasional dry patches around my mouth and on my chin from Retin-A Micro use. I purchased this moisturizer to use in the morning.
This moisturizer stung upon application, and it burned when I applied it the mornings after I used the Retin-A Micro.
This moisturizer does sink in quickly, however, it left my skin feeling very dry and tight.
I think that this moisturizer would be best for those with tolerant, oily skin. I didn't read the ingredient list prior to purchasing it (pharmacy impulse buy)...it contains alcohol, which is a skincare ingredient that I try to avoid as it is very drying and causes me to suffer break-outs.
I would not re-purchase this item.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No