Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The most difficult product to review! The product is so awesome and perfect for my oily/combination skin! It feels like water when you blend it into your skin and you hardly need any, and I mean, like, stick your finger in it and that is all you need for your face and neck! I've used this for about 2 months and it doesn't really look like I used much!
The things I don't like: This product is about 10 to 15CAD, which I think is a little much for 1.7oz of gel, even though you don't need a lot; Do NOT use this if you have dry skin, because even though my skin is oily\combination, it doesn't feel like you have been richly moisturized. It's like a light moisturizer. I am not too sure if I would repurchase until I finish this jar.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I mean this is just the worst product ever if you have dry skin. There is no moisture rescue in that case. STAY AWAY if you have dry or sensitive skin. The alcohol content in this must be a joke - its NEVER good for you in the long run, although I'm sure it dries out oily skinned people for the time being. Invest in something else and skip this chemical catastrophe.

on 6/6/2013 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I tried the lotion version with SPF of this and liked it overall but decided to switch to this because I thought the gel version would be a better fit for my dry skin. This was horrible! It stinged my skin, and left it red with bumps all over. It took a long time for my skin to be decent again, and this product ruined it for me.

on 6/6/2013 2:30:00 PM

This is my favorite facial moisturizer. It instantly sinks in and makes the skin feel so nice and hydrated. I have combination skin, so I avoid my breakout areas (nose and chin), but I apply this to the rest of my face. I would give it 5/5 if I could just apply it all over and not break out, but that's not possible with any moisturizer I've tried so far. Would definitely repurchase!

on 6/5/2013 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

My skin is combination oily and dehydrated, so I picked this up hoping it would help with my dehydration issues.
It did feel hydrating. I *loved* the way it made my skin feel and how quickly it sank in. It did not make my skin feel more oily. It was just so light and perfect. At first I thought it was the best ever.
BUT, unforetunately, after one week it clogged my pores something fierce. To be fair, I am very clog prone. This is an issue I face with many products, not just this one. It took a few weeks after I stopped using it for my skin to decongest.
As far as packaging goes, I am not a fan of jars. I had to always use a q-tip to get some product out because I'm afraid of germs.
If you have normal to oily skin and just some hydration with light moisture, this may work for you. It's got a decent price and is available at any drugstore. I will not repurchase since it clogged my pores so badly, but YMMV. If you're acne/clog prone, you might want to patch test it first.

on 6/2/2013 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have combination skin, I guess more towards to oily side. But my skin's been going a bit weird these days, more on the combination - dry side. At the same time creates some oil in the afternoon because my skin's been lack of moisture.

I've heard some good reviews from some of the Youtube videos. The ones that are reviewed by Asian Bloggers mentioned that this has Icelandic Water ingredients. I'm not quite sure if that only applies to the Garnier Gel Creme in Asia or available all over the world. The one that I purchased doesn't mention that it has Icelandic Water ingredient...so guess not for the ones available in North America.

Alcohol's also listed as one of the ingredients, which made me to hesitate to purchase this at first. Then again, if I never try it...who knows how my skin would react to this gel creme.

So far...it seems less moisturising than the Clinic Moisture Surge Intense gel creme. But the texture are quite similar. I personally think this cream is suitable for summer time. It makes my skin feeling fresh and less sticky. I use this on top of my serums. My skin didn't have any bad reaction to this, so that's definitely a plus!

NOTE* I've noticed a few people putting negative reviews about this product because they have dry skin and doesn't help with their skin's flakiness problem. I just want to say...please read the label of the product. The blue coloured one is for Normal to Combo skin. If you got Dry skin, please purchase the pink coloured one.

As for repurchasing, I will be trying out the pink one next time for winter. Since it will be more dryer.

on 5/31/2013 4:06:00 PM

This stuff burns. I washed my face before a workout, and then used this. While I was working out and getting sweaty, I could feel it stinging again. I assume its the alcohol. But yeah, that was a major put off. I just wanted to go home and wash my face ASAP. And that's that I have very oily skin that isn't really too sensitive. I mean I can use Retin-A with no problems, but this was just horrible. And on top of that, it gave me acne on my forehead. Gross.

on 5/30/2013 1:31:00 PM

I like this gel moisturizer. I found it to be a good alternative to Philosophy's gel moisturizer which is a bit too pricey for me. I'm a big fan of gel moisturizers because I have oily skin and I find that gel moisturizers keep my t-zone less oily. This moisturizer does have a strong scent, it smells fruity (almost like apples). It's the typical Garnier scent that a lot of their products have. Personally I like the scent, but if you are sensitive to smells then this is probably not for you. I put this on before my make up in the morning, but I generally do not use it both morning and evening. My face would get too dry, so I use something a bit more moisture intense at night. This is perfect for day time wear though!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a basic gel moisturizer. It takes the edge off of dry skin without being overly greasy. The formula is soothing--my skin was irritated from an Ole Hendrikson product and this moisture helped cool the sting and take away some of the redness. It and doesn't irritate my skin or clog my pores. However, it doesn't come close to giving my skin 24 hours of moisture; if anything, my skin feels tight again within a hour or two. It's not a bad product, but I'm probably not going to repurchase it.

on 5/29/2013 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I adore this moisturizer. It's hydrating and refreshing. Love the cooling effect it has.

I especially like using this product in the morning, under my makeup. My skin is baby soft and my foundation melts perfectly into my skin after using this moisturizer.

It's about $6 at my local Family Dollar. The jar is fairly small but it goes a long way.