August 21, 2014 | 1785 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Jels

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Makes me look like I'm wearing fake eyelashes. I have long, thin lashes and this makes each lash thicker and even longer. I've been using it AM and PM and haven't noticed any differences in my lashes when I'm not wearing mascara, but it's only been a week so I'll update in a few weeks. Only thing I don't like is the feeling of going to bed with mascara on and waking up like I forgot to wash off my mascara the night before (hard, bent lashes) oh and the white lashes aren't very bedroom romantic wink* Probably will purchase again and planning on buying a tube for my mom too!

Edit *doesn't work under the new Chanel volume mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by lovebeat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. It holds curls really well which is good when used under mascara because they stay curled all day. I use it as a primer under mascara and it makes my eyelashes so long almost reaching my eyelashes when I put mascara on. I also use it at night or in the day if I'm not busy as it is meant to help grow lashes and after using it for a week I've seen my lashes slowly growing and my eyelashes don't seem to fall out as much when I take my makeup off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I got this originally as a 100 point perk at sephora a while back. I loved it so much so I bought the full size and I have been using this ever since. I use it everytime before applying my mascara and it helps thicken them up and elongate them. Not sure if they have helped condition my lashes, but they do a good job of thickening them up. Will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 5:04:00 PM More reviews by dominika99

I was dubious at best when I first read the rave reviews for DiorShow. How can a white goo make your lashes longer and extend what, physically, isn't there? A good mascara will curl your lashes and make them appear longer, so why use this if you've already got a good mascara?

Well, I don't know how this goo works exactly, but it lengthens my lashes and makes an incredible difference when used under my (highly recommended) Max Factor False Lash Effect. I did a comparison test (one eye with, the other without) and the difference was well worth the time and money you'll put into this product. My lashes are not only longer, but also more separated and less clumpy without sacrificing volume.

I don't really wear a lot of makeup, and at first this product seemed redundant since I already had a good mascara. But I bought it on a whim, and now it's become a staple that I can't imagine going without.

Here is the best part: on the days when I was in a rush and didn't put this on, I found that my mascara looked better since before I started using DiorShow. Which can only mean that ... this goo did extend what wasn't there and made my lashes grow. Love it. So much that I considered using caps lock and heart symbols.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2012 5:51:00 AM More reviews by kellybethga

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Just bought another tube at about $30 with tax....and it's worth it. Just can't beat the volume and length that this gives underneath ANY mascara. It's a fabulous primer, however, I don't think it does much as far as actually growing lashes longer; it didn't for me anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nothing beats my Shiseido mascara base which holds curls, nourishes, adds length and volume....this Diorshow primer was no exception. I'm sure it'd work great for someone that doesn't have short, stick-straight, downward-pointing, Asian lashes like me cuz it did add volume, but did not hold a curl for the kife of me. Steep price point and the brush was too big for my small eyes. Don't get me wrong, it is a high quality formula...just not for me. I look for length and most importantly the ability to hold a curl and this just didn't give it to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by LittlePrincessJasmine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this product, definately the best maximizer. I have tried MUFE lash maximizer, It works good, but it dries white. The Dior one dries clear and that makes a big difference. Worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I absoloutley love this serum! I already have long eyelashes, so I honestly got this more for keeping my eyelashes in good condition & have less lash fall out. This serum goes on white, but dries to almost invisible, but there's still some traces of white left over. I was skeptical of this actually working, but I decided to buy it anyways. & wow I'm glad I did. This not only adds incredible length, volume, & holds a curl....but this also defines each lash perfectly. I've never seen anything like it. This is super buildable & makes applying any mascara a breeze. This makes my mascara application faster. I wouldn't use this right before applying mascara, because it can make your eyelashes clumpy. I put this on at night before I go to bed, & it still gives my lashes an amazing effect when I do my make up in the morning. This is pretty expensive...It's $28-$30. But, the tube is pretty big & comes with a lot. I haven't been using this that long, so I will update on if this makes my lashes grow in better & how long this tube lasts me to see if this is really worth the money. Overall, I love this & I'm happy with my purchase. This really blows all other lash serums out of the water.

**UPDATE:** I've been using this for a while now & I've come to a few conclusions. 1) This does NOT make your eyelashes miraculously grow, like the bottle says. This is only a primer & the reason it extends lashes to make them "appear" longer is because this contains fibers which extend your lashes, but temporarily. I'm not a fan of false advertising, so that's why I'm changing my 5 star review to a 4 star. The bottle should not say this makes your eyelashes grow, when they clearly know it doesn't. 2) This works best if you apply at night, not directly before applying mascara. You still can apply this before mascara, but I would only use a little bit or this will make your lashes clump easier. 3) This does help with the durability of my eyelashes. I do notice less lash fallout when I wash my eye makeup off at the end of the night, which is a major PLUS.

In conclusion, because there are more "pros" than "cons", I will probably still buy this again. Overall, what this basically does is prime your eyelashes to make your mascara go on smoother, thicken your lashes with the serum, & extend your lashes with the fiber. But, that's honestly all I was looking for this to do, so I'm good with that. Although, I will admit, I was still a little dissapointed that this did not make my lashes grow in longer/better. But then again, this is not doctor prescribed latisse. & I do agree with the other reviewers that said this is just a clear mascara. If this came in the color black, this would be a normal mascara. So, this is basically a $30 clear mascara...but it's a good one:)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by t0asty

this is UMAZING. today i woke up and thought i was still wearing mascara. upon poking my eyelashes, i discovered my eyelashes are NATURALLY CURLING. um, WHAT?

fyi: i have notoriously short, black, stumpy asian eyelashes.

i have been wearing this on and off for the past few months, not sure if it's this or the fish oils or biotin or what i've been taking but my eyelashes are definitely 2x as long as before. as someone who has used the revlon store dupe and revitalash or whatever, this is the only thing that has EVER made any sort of noticiable effect on my eyelashes.

bonus - also makes it look like i'm wearing falsies when i do have it on. LOVE! the tube / packaging is totes cute as well. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by irisng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing. Sadly I will not buy it again because it's so expensive. This product really conditions your lashes and actually makes it grow longer and thicker if you use this product religiously. It makes my eyelashes so much longer and it lifts up my eyelashes. I love this product.