April 20, 2014 | 965 users online

Blush - MAC - Sheertone blush in Tenderling

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 9:38:00 AM More reviews by nerdcat

If I could marry a blush.....
I mean it, I may be more devoted to this than my boyfriend (I don't use HIM everyday!).
I am a cool tone PPP (NW15) and this blush gives me a summery subtle "tan" look even in the depths of winter without appearing orangy or unnatural. As I am so pale, this is about as close to a bronzer as I can safely get.
It is not shimmery or sparkly but still gives my cheeks a nice illuminating hue.
I can not go wrong with this, it's impossible to over apply it and look "over done" which I find is a big hazzard with more pinky coloured blushes.
The only problem that I have seen with this blush is that it is a little more powdery than other blushes and tends to be a tad messy inside the otherwise classy and convenient MAC packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by marcellewood

This is a lovely, soft pinky mocha color that looks very natural. It doesnt have any sparkles or glitter in it so it's really easy to wear during the day or night. It adds so much warmth and a healthy flush to my cheeks. It's great! I bought my first pan a year ago and probably won't need to replace it for another few months. I havent experienced any breakouts or problems and highly recommend this blush!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 3:21:00 AM More reviews by arieeel

Love, love, love. I went into the mac store and asked for a blush that would sculpt cheekbones and the SA recommended this. He did say it wouldn't be as obvious as Sincere though. But I love this. It's given me the dream cheeks I've always wanted, and the other MUA-ers who've reviewed this are right about the inner glow from within- it doesnt look like I'm wearing blush at all. Other blushes look too bright on me, but this one is soft and muted enough to look perfectly natural. Would repurchase again and again. EDIT: I wore this blush to school today. It's been eight hours and it's still there even in the humid climate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this almost everyday, it's such an easy blush to use. It's a matte muted pink, subtle and natural looking. I add a little pop of BB pale pink or Cargo catalina or something a little brighter on my apples if I want a little more colour, and the combination is very pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by etmg

i bought a mac scuplting and shading two sided blusher at Christmas (I think that is what its called) for creating cheekbones and it is good but for some reason as the weather gets warmer (maybe the light changes) the dark contouring colour now looks a bit fake and "dirty" on me. I wanted another blusher to try as a contouring colour under my cheekbones and this is perfect. I use it with the highlighter from the other product. For reference I am very dark haired with blue eyes and medium toned skin and this is perfect for me. Very natural.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a perfect natural blush for me (warm-toned NW15/20). It looks pink on me, like a natural flush. I tend to apply it very lightly, but I can build it up to look like more. I only own this blush and the blush in the Too Faced "Plaything of Passion" palette (a shimmery peach) and haven't felt the need for more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Tenderling is an idiot proof blush and a perfect blush for fair/pale ladies who are concerned about application and a natural looking finish. The shade is very natural, a beigey colour that seems to appear as a flush. I can't say it "radiates from within" because we don't radiate beige, but this is pretty close. I have two blushes (non Mac) that give that exact look, and only one has peachiness to it, but mostly pink.

But I digress, Tenderling is great as a blush and for contouring, if your skin is light enough. I am an NC/W 15. I apply on the apples of my cheeks, to contour I apply it underneath my cheekbones and along my jawline. Tenderling looks great with smokey eyes and either dark or pale glossy lips. Because Tenderling is so subtle, I find I tend to compensate with more pronounced eyes and lips. It really is the perfect blush for days when you are pale and needing a "pick me up" that only a natural flush and a nice gloss can give!

Because it is so light, it is very easy to apply. I can see it on my cheeks upon first application, but do have to swirl my brush in the pot more than I do with other blushes. However it's quite firmly packed and though I have used it often in the past year it does not look like I have made a dent in the pot.

I don't mind Mac's blush packaging, but will probably depot and buy palettes down the road. I think the pots are too small for mirrors to apply blush by anyway.

I do wish that Mac would make a similar pale/light sheertone shade that is a smidge pinker. I'm waiting patiently, and if I've missed it, let me know. Cheek has sadly been discontinued...snif snif. I never got one.

Tenderling is a staple in my cosmetic case, a perfect nude blush for fair warm toned girls (or boys ;). I will repurchase always.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by charismao01

This was my very first blush. Since I didn't know anything about blush or what color would look good on me, I decided to go to the MAC counter. I am a NC 35/40 and the MUA suggested Tenderling. It is a very natural looking blush which I LOVE! I just wish it was cheaper. This lasted me a long time, almost 2 years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 4:43:00 PM More reviews by beemoody

I am clueless when it comes to blush - I NEVER would have picked this up for my white NC20 skin. Luckily, the MAC MUA knew what she was doing and I was shocked at how naturally great it looked on my chipmunk cheeks (I've got full cheeks IMO)!!!

On me, it is a peachy natural brown with a touch of dark pink and I'd even say gold. If I'm doing my mu for daytime, I could be done with one sweep on either side, but for nighttime I spend a little more time contouring with a big huge brush (mine is a super soft "Powder" one from AVON that I was surprised worked so well). I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2007 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Lilian11

I love light colored blush which can be layered. Tenderling is a warm light pinkish beige which is subtle on my NC20-25 skin. MAC sheertone blushes apply very smooth and even. Another winner from mac.